• Other (please state)

Results are only viewable after voting.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
Well I saw your post there and didn't know you could check if someone was banned or not.

So the one I reported has already been banned once before on 22 augustus 2016 and his ban is already expired. So a few days later (7 september) I see him hacking, recorded it and reported him... so that's at least the second time he is hacking? He didn't give one shit about his ban.

So perm ban all the way.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Well I saw your post there and didn't know you could check if someone was banned or not.

So the one I reported has already been banned once before on 22 augustus 2016 and his ban is already expired. So a few days later (7 september) I see him hacking, recorded it and reported him... so that's at least the second time he is hacking? He didn't give one shit about his ban.

So perm ban all the way.
Same went for 2 hackers I've seen in the lobby and I looked both of them up. Both banned on many servers. Too bad I didn't get proof of their hacks but luckily I wasn't in any games with them.

TheMilkmanGamer

Aug 9, 2016
Think about it, there are so many people who get unfairly banned out there because of 2 second in a video where a glitch happens or something looks like hacks but it isn't, the first ban being a week means that those players have a short ban and they can carry on playing as before. If they are a player that actually hacks, they will see the first one week ban as nothing so they will come back and hack again. This means the real hackers are the ones that get banned for a long time and the people who have been falsely banned don't get a permanent ban.

The truth is there are a lot more people than you think who get falsely banned for hacking. Its no ones fault, just bad luck that the video comes out making it look like he is hacking.

Appeals for this server weren't great before this system came in. Yes you could appeal and get unbanned but so could the hackers. All they had to do was say sorry and they wouldn't do it again and they were unbanned. Now they cant do that as easily because the system they have means they know how many times they have been banned.

Lets put it this way, you've been falsely banned because the video someone has of you makes you look like you have major reach hacks. Would you rather have a week ban that you don't really need to worry about because either way you will be able to be playing the next week, or would you want a permanent ban, have to worry about your appeal not being accepted and if it doesn't get accepted you are permanently banned for life. That's what i think the first week ban is for.

The reason there are so many hackers at the moment isn't because of the new system. It's because they had to unban everyone from before because they were banned under another set of rules.

I'm sorry if you find this confusing and i know a lot of people are going to disagree either way but honestly there is a lot of potential with this system. Its just that people aren't looking past the first ban.

I actually posted a ≈15 second video of a dude safewalking (he placed 3 blocks in the video) since that was the only recording I could capture of him. He had blatantly hacked before I could record him. My report was denied. Sorry for anecdotal evidence, but my point is that staff will not ban for suspicious / uncertain cases. If you are lagging, the staff will know. Most staff have seen lag before I hope.

I dont know about you but if I was not hacking and I was banned for hacking for 1 week, I would be extremely angry and appeal ASAP. If a glitch happens, appeal. Given the amount of real hackers I have seen, I find it hard to believe that there are that many being falsely banned. Like I said before, all you need to do is appeal.

The system can know how many times someone has been banned before whether the first ban is 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, or perma. I agree that the server should keep track of how many times a player has been banned, but I don't see how that has anything to do with the duration of the ban.

If I was not hacking and I got banned for hacking, I would be very worried / angry about a 1 week ban that goes on my record. I would much rather risk getting falsely banned than play with hackers every other game.

If they have to unban everyone who was banned under a different set of rules, that would certainly contribute to the amount of hackers, but the one week ban encourages them to come back and continue to cheat as opposed to staying clean or not coming on the server.

I think you misunderstand the purpose of any (not just cubecraft's) ban/ punishment / rules system. It is not to trap and ban as many hackers as possible, but to keep the games clean and hacker free. Although they sound the same, let me elaborate. If you can discourage / prevent a player from hacking, that is MUCH more valuable than waiting and then banning them after they get caught twice because it saves so much time and keeps so many games clean. If you just want to add hackers to your banlist, that is certainly a way to get clean games. In my opinion, the one week ban is sacrificing clean games (the ideal) for getting lots of bans in (the method). I would also argue that it is ineffective at getting rid of cheaters because of the low punishment.

I have already said this I think, but my preferred system is 1 month first offense, permanent second offense.

Reactions: Qin Shihuangdi

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
With the video required it's obvious when someone hacks or not. No anti cheat that bans, just an anti cheat that prevent it from happening and keeps an logs suspicious cases.

Just now Im playing with 2 hackers, one has a paid rank. No one gives a shit anymore, because it basically is allowed on Cubecraft. The windows 10 recorded failed on me, so I can't report them.

PinkSparkleWolf

Dedicated Member
May 8, 2015
a galaxy far, far away....
youtu.be
@CubePlayers Please do watch your language.

I think you misunderstand the purpose of any (not just cubecraft's) ban/ punishment / rules system. It is not to trap and ban as many hackers as possible, but to keep the games clean and hacker free. Although they sound the same, let me elaborate. If you can discourage / prevent a player from hacking, that is MUCH more valuable than waiting and then banning them after they get caught twice because it saves so much time and keeps so many games clean.
That right there, ladies and gentleman.

We ban hackers because they need to be discouraged from hacking, not because they are evil and don't deserve anything. I'm very sure there are players (even here on the forums) who stopped using hacks when they got banned / after they were unbanned.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
I voted for Other
And i will state :
-First Offence 2 weeks
-Second Offence 1 month
-Third Offence 3 months
-Fourth Offence Permanent ban

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains

We ban hackers because they need to be discouraged from hacking, not because they are evil and don't deserve anything. I'm very sure there are players (even here on the forums) who stopped using hacks when they got banned / after they were unbanned.

Still break the law: live with the consequences.

Zrathex

Dedicated Member
Aug 3, 2016
MARS WITHOUT OXYGEN :|
youtube.com

What if I am not a girl or a boy? :o

Reactions: TheMilkmanGamer

RockBob4

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2016
I see so many hacker on this sever. Recently on the newest Preston moneywars he saw a fly hackers yu guys can watch tbnrflags minecraft channel and i report some hackers but the staff moderator dont trust me and dont care what i say
If you have vdieo evidence then you can report a hacker. It is not that the staff don't trust you. Everybody has to have video evidence.

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
I actually posted a ≈15 second video of a dude safewalking (he placed 3 blocks in the video) since that was the only recording I could capture of him. He had blatantly hacked before I could record him. My report was denied. Sorry for anecdotal evidence, but my point is that staff will not ban for suspicious / uncertain cases. If you are lagging, the staff will know. Most staff have seen lag before I hope.

I dont know about you but if I was not hacking and I was banned for hacking for 1 week, I would be extremely angry and appeal ASAP. If a glitch happens, appeal. Given the amount of real hackers I have seen, I find it hard to believe that there are that many being falsely banned. Like I said before, all you need to do is appeal.

The system can know how many times someone has been banned before whether the first ban is 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, or perma. I agree that the server should keep track of how many times a player has been banned, but I don't see how that has anything to do with the duration of the ban.

If I was not hacking and I got banned for hacking, I would be very worried / angry about a 1 week ban that goes on my record. I would much rather risk getting falsely banned than play with hackers every other game.

If they have to unban everyone who was banned under a different set of rules, that would certainly contribute to the amount of hackers, but the one week ban encourages them to come back and continue to cheat as opposed to staying clean or not coming on the server.

I think you misunderstand the purpose of any (not just cubecraft's) ban/ punishment / rules system. It is not to trap and ban as many hackers as possible, but to keep the games clean and hacker free. Although they sound the same, let me elaborate. If you can discourage / prevent a player from hacking, that is MUCH more valuable than waiting and then banning them after they get caught twice because it saves so much time and keeps so many games clean. If you just want to add hackers to your banlist, that is certainly a way to get clean games. In my opinion, the one week ban is sacrificing clean games (the ideal) for getting lots of bans in (the method). I would also argue that it is ineffective at getting rid of cheaters because of the low punishment.

I have already said this I think, but my preferred system is 1 month first offense, permanent second offense.
In future i'm going to elaborate more on what i mean by the terms i use because i'm starting to see it is my fault for not explaining what i mean. For the comment i wrote I used the name "hacker" for repeat offenders who want to test the punishment system out or the people who use cracked accounts. If they were just a one time offence hacker they would obviously stop at the first offence.

I also want to add i'm not summarizing the whole system, i'm trying to get across what is relevant to people. I used my example with catching out hackers because everyone was saying they wanted the hackers accounts immediately banned, no second chances. I was saying that this system is better than that because 1: It gives less stress to falsely banned players. 2: (which i don't think i ever got around to saying but i should have.) its gives a hacker a chance to redeem themselves and play fairly. 3: it gets rid of repeat hackers rather than one time only hackers.

I also never said anything about the length of the ban being related to the staff keeping track of who has been banned.

I do agree with you though that the one week invites players back to hack again and i used that as an example against the people wanting an instant permanent ban saying it is getting rid of hackers and doing what they want but the one week is also giving a hacker a chance to stop what they are doing and play fairly. Most people are just ignoring that and getting hung up on thinking the one week is a completely bad thing.

I'm just trying to get across the point that the hacker count will drop with time.

And i know people don't get banned for inadequate evidence but i also know people who have been banned who don't hack but there were a few strange hits that got them banned.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
Students shouldn't be playing in school to begin with unless they have their own computer and they have absolutely nothing important left to do.

Also, afraid of getting banned? Record yourself or at least screenshot your F3 and menu to prove you don't have hacks on.
Hey you never know. Some teachers let their students play on the school computers once all their work is done.

TheMilkmanGamer

Aug 9, 2016
In future i'm going to elaborate more on what i mean by the terms i use because i'm starting to see it is my fault for not explaining what i mean. For the comment i wrote I used the name "hacker" for repeat offenders who want to test the punishment system out or the people who use cracked accounts. If they were just a one time offence hacker they would obviously stop at the first offence.

I also want to add i'm not summarizing the whole system, i'm trying to get across what is relevant to people. I used my example with catching out hackers because everyone was saying they wanted the hackers accounts immediately banned, no second chances. I was saying that this system is better than that because 1: It gives less stress to falsely banned players. 2: (which i don't think i ever got around to saying but i should have.) its gives a hacker a chance to redeem themselves and play fairly. 3: it gets rid of repeat hackers rather than one time only hackers.

I also never said anything about the length of the ban being related to the staff keeping track of who has been banned.

I do agree with you though that the one week invites players back to hack again and i used that as an example against the people wanting an instant permanent ban saying it is getting rid of hackers and doing what they want but the one week is also giving a hacker a chance to stop what they are doing and play fairly. Most people are just ignoring that and getting hung up on thinking the one week is a completely bad thing.

I'm just trying to get across the point that the hacker count will drop with time.

And i know people don't get banned for inadequate evidence but i also know people who have been banned who don't hack but there were a few strange hits that got them banned.

In order to prevent confusion, in this post I will use the following terms:

hacker = generic, anyone who uses hacks on the server
repeat offender = a hacker who repeatedly uses hacks and has no intention of playing the game fairly. They will more often then not hack until they are perma banned and have multiple accounts.

Falsely banned players may lose a little bit of stress, but if they are innocent they can appeal. Being stressed when you are falsely banned is completely understandable, but it's an extremely minor issue compared to the thousands of real hackers (both repeat offenders and first-timers) on cubecraft.

As for the length of the ban and the staff keeping track of who has been banned: The way you talked about the positives of the new system, it felt to me like you were grouping them together. I am new (ish) and I don't really recall / know the old system, but if the old system did not track how many times a player had been banned before, then keeping track is certainly an improvement. My point is that it's possible for the new system to have both good features and bad features, and I consider the 1 week ban a bad one.

Since repeat offenders are a lost cause in terms of discouraging hacking and promoting fair play, they should be dealt with as quickly as possible. I suggest a 1 month first time and permanent ban second time in order to minimize the amount of damage they can do. If they cant play for 1 month (or more), the repeat offender might even forget about cubecraft and go hack on some other server. In addition, if 3 accounts from the same IP address get perma-banned, then that IP should also be perma-banned.

I personally would prefer the intermediate system mentioned above. The one week certainly gives hackers a chance to come back and play fairly, but the system is flawed because if they only have to wait a week, they might not be inclined to change their ways and if a legitimate player has not yet been banned, they will be encouraged to use hacks and have a couple fun (cheated) games and then just come back a week having "changed their ways" later having barely noticed the punishment.

As to whether the hacker count will drop with time, I certainly hope it will. As I said, I am new, I dont really remember when the new system was implemented or any specifics of the old method. I find it hard to believe that most of the repeat offenders that were banned years or months ago for hacking would pay attention to the cubecraft news and suddenly jump back on to hack.

Have your friends who were falsely banned appealed?

Also, the 1 week ban could potentially encourage staff to ban for sketchy evidence, since "its just a week and they wont worry about it they can come back later". I say potentially because I have no proof that it actually happened yet. However, it is a possible though process

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
@TheMilkmanGamer: The old system didn't track punishments, but bans/mutes were harsher than they are now. Hacking was a 1 year ban. Any death/DDoS threats were bans instead of mutes, but teaming was not punishable (only a kick if a staff was actually in-game). Probably the only improvement most see from the old to the new system is the recorded punishments.

As for being falsely banned, yes I have been but not in Minecraft. I was automatically banned in one game 3 years ago but I appealed and got unbanned 2 days later after explaining what happened and asking their staff to verify my logs.

Reactions: TheMilkmanGamer
Members Online

Latest profile posts

yeoxuhang wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉🎂
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy bday 🎉
Basketman wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎂
Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
Top Bottom