Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

How should hackers be dealt with?

• Instant perm ban

• 3 strike policy

• Other (please state)

Results are only viewable after voting.

larswijn

Dedicated Member
I do record hackers a lot, and I enjoy helping the server get rid of hackers, but there are some problems:

1) it takes on average 24+ hours for staff to respond to your report
2) (very) few people can and do record
-it becomes a pain when there's a hacker every other game and you have to upload post and threadbump 10 hacker vids
3) 1 week ban

Feeling you man, feeling you :3

It's like if someone smoked and had 3 lives. They knew what they were doing. They don't deserve another chance
Also, that was a very good example, but the wrong conclusion IMO. I actually think that it can be very addicting to hack on big servers, especially when it takes months to ban. (2 months ago, i talked to a hacker, who admitted he was hacking, then told me he had been hacking over the past few months. like how...)

Reactions: TheMilkmanGamer
N

Nikboo

In my opinion, it should be a one month ban and if the rule breaker hacks another time then he gets instantly permenantly banned. It is their choice to hack and they choose to break the rules so they deserve more of a punishment than a single week.

It is up to the staff team to decide ban times so whetever they go with, I will support and I will keep reporting rule breakers that I see in game ;).

DopeRider

Jan 24, 2015
Another hacker thread ._.
Everyone hates the 1 week ban because its short but they completely ignore the fact that it is a really smart move.
[...]
The will be a no-cheat added to the server really soon that the developers are working on and they have been for a verrry long time but i think because of the amount of time they have had everyone will be extremely happy when it is added. You'll just have to be patient for that time. The staff are doing as much as they can and you will see a difference sooner or later.

This hacker problem is temporary.

You are so wrong, I don't even know where to start.

I've been reporting hackers for a while. It takes time. More or less automatic now, but it's still four or five minutes that I could be playing that I'm now contributing to community, finding the right interval in the video, cropping it, uploading and filling the report. Without me and others like me, there would be no bans, because Cubecraft doesn't have staff to do that.

Please, read again carefully: Without me and others like me, there would be no bans, because Cubecraft doesn't have staff to do that.

So now I'm learning in this thread that this work means much less now. I need to report again and again the same person until Cubecraft decides it's been enough and ban the cheater. I've just reported a flying moron and was going to report another that, by the way, I already reported and thought would be banned.

That's a bad joke. I feel more insulted that when I learned that Cubecraft let banned people to buy their way back. I'm going to stop reporting anybody now. Good job!!

About the anticheat, you're dreaming. Trust me. I've worked in professional programming for many years and I know very well what this kind of promises of big ass projects being ready "real soon now" (TM) means: very little. I was told exactly the same RSN six months ago when staff admitted that infamous double jump bug in Super Craft Bros was caused by the anticheat itself. So RSN probably means another six months, maybe a year, maybe two.

And you know what? Even when it's done, it won't prevent hacking by itself. It will still need cooperation from users.

Reactions: iLoveYouu
N

Nikboo

You are so wrong, I don't even know where to start.

I've been reporting hackers for a while. It takes time. More or less automatic now, but it's still four or five minutes that I could be playing that I'm now contributing to community, finding the right interval in the video, cropping it, uploading and filling the report. Without me and others like me, there would be no bans, because Cubecraft doesn't have staff to do that.

Please, read again carefully: Without me and others like me, there would be no bans, because Cubecraft doesn't have staff to do that.

So now I'm learning in this thread that this work means much less now. I need to report again and again the same person until Cubecraft decides it's been enough and ban the cheater. I've just reported a flying moron and was going to report another that, by the way, I already reported and thought would be banned.

That's a bad joke. I feel more insulted that when I learned that Cubecraft let banned people to buy their way back. I'm going to stop reporting anybody now. Good job!!

About the anticheat, you're dreaming. Trust me. I've worked in professional programming for many years and I know very well what this kind of promises of big ass projects being ready "real soon now" (TM) means: very little. I was told exactly the same RSN six months ago when staff admitted that infamous double jump bug in Super Craft Bros was caused by the anticheat itself. So RSN probably means another six months, maybe a year, maybe two.

And you know what? Even when it's done, it won't prevent hacking by itself. It will still need cooperation from users.

1) Calm down. You are not changing anything or helping anyone if your not being calm.
2) The ban times are being worked on. The one week first ban isn't going to stay.
3) A new anti-cheat is in works and it will take a long time to make. Mineplex took three whole years to make a new anti cheat (GWEN), so I expect around another year and a half for Cubecraft. Of course we don't know yet though, and Cubecraft developers are working on many other projects such as Freebuild and Parkour. For now we have to record and report the hackers we see in game :).
4) Cubecraft is currently short on staff members so lots of reports don't get handled. Cubecraft is currently recruiting more and more staff members and as soon as helpers will be promoted to moderators, they will be able to deal with reports. There will be less hackers soon. Just calm down :).
5) Everyone who was previously banned got unbanned due to the new banning system. Soon, all of the repeat hackers will be permenantly banned again and there would be less hackers in games.

BanBoy

Apr 21, 2016
In my room
My vote goes to 6 month ban just because they KNOW they're breaking the rules and it doesn't seem to bother them. Most say "Idc ban me I have 7 more acc just lined up ready to play"

They indeed know that they are playing against the rule's. That's what make's it "fun" for them. 6 months is a little bit high as ccg want to give them a second chance. I suggest 1 month ban. This is already getting worked on. mac said so! and a second chance is really good! I got banned once for a year, got a second chance and now I'm clean and reporting the hackers! :)

I think that instead of requiring someone to have a recording (as it is hard to record), they should have a /ban for ranked players, and when a ranked player that is Gold Rank or higher does /ban on someone, Cubecraft will review what the player has done. A /ban troll will be banned as well.

Let me know if you have anymore suggestions.

This has been requested a lot but denied as it is used for spam... pls don't ask for this again

sexyhiccup

Aug 17, 2016
www.youtube.com
I agree with Jordanzz that it is dangerous to have the ability to just buy the ability to kick people, that right needs to go to people who have been vetted. Its not that hard to record either, there are many free programs for simple recording and uploading it isn't that time consuming. It might be nice to have some way to contact staff while in a game. Possibly having the /report, but that it doesn't notify unless there are maybe 5 or so that report the same player. Also making it to where you can't do /report more than once every 10 min.
We must remember too, that staff are people with lives outside of cube craft and to expect them to serve you 24/7 is not realistic. That being said, if there are consistent times when no staff are on, maybe there needs to be more and they are already doing that.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I completely agree that punishments need to be longer. And along with the punishment time, just getting a person banned takes awhile. I currently have 5 reports that have not been responded to. I reported them almost 2 weeks ago, and bumped them several times, yet no moderators have punished those hackers! And something even worse is that I keep running into more and more and more hackers in every single game. Just now, I had an egg wars pizza game that lasted all of 3 minutes because a couple hackers with fly, anti kb, and kill aura went around and killed everyone. I love Cube Craft very much, but this hacker problem is beyond annoying.

TheMilkmanGamer

Aug 9, 2016
Everyone hates the 1 week ban because its short but they completely ignore the fact that it is a really smart move. Its basically setting up hackers for a permanent ban. Unlike before they can now track if any player has hacked before and you aren't realizing that because its such a short ban they can wait it out and then hack again and that's what catches the hacker out, it means they know for sure that player is hacking instead of dwelling on the fact that they might have just given someone a permanent ban and they might not have even hacked. This helps for a more efficient way of making sure they get rid of all hackers for good. Its going to take a while for everything to cool down but everyone is in the same boat. The best thing you can do is to record them and help get rid of them so all of them get banned quicker and more efficiently. Don't start putting more pressure on the staff because they are under a lot more stress than you think

I do not understand why it is a really smart move, or how it sets up hackers for a permanent ban. Being able to track whether a player has hacked before has nothing to do with how long they get banned for.

I interpret your argument to be that if hackers get banned for 1 week, they will hack again and then cubecraft will know for sure they are hacking and not worry about false positives. Please correct me if I misunderstood.

Although false positives are a potential issue, they are an extremely unlikely and minor issue, especially compared to true positives (hackers).

-Video evidence is required in order to ban hackers. The staff review this evidence and make sure they are actually hacking. It is almost always obvious that they are hacking. We will know for sure whether a player is hacking 99% of the time, and if the staff isn't sure, they won't ban them. In some of the fly hacking clips I have submitted, even someone who doesn't play minecraft would be able to identify the cheater.

-Ban appeals. If you weren't hacking, and you were banned, all you have to do is submit an appeal with explaining how the video shown was not hacks.

I think a first time permanent ban is too harsh, but I would prefer it to this current system

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
I do not understand why it is a really smart move, or how it sets up hackers for a permanent ban. Being able to track whether a player has hacked before has nothing to do with how long they get banned for.

I interpret your argument to be that if hackers get banned for 1 week, they will hack again and then cubecraft will know for sure they are hacking and not worry about false positives. Please correct me if I misunderstood.

Although false positives are a potential issue, they are an extremely unlikely and minor issue, especially compared to true positives (hackers).

-Video evidence is required in order to ban hackers. The staff review this evidence and make sure they are actually hacking. It is almost always obvious that they are hacking. We will know for sure whether a player is hacking 99% of the time, and if the staff isn't sure, they won't ban them. In some of the fly hacking clips I have submitted, even someone who doesn't play minecraft would be able to identify the cheater.

-Ban appeals. If you weren't hacking, and you were banned, all you have to do is submit an appeal with explaining how the video shown was not hacks.

I think a first time permanent ban is too harsh, but I would prefer it to this current system
Think about it, there are so many people who get unfairly banned out there because of 2 second in a video where a glitch happens or something looks like hacks but it isn't, the first ban being a week means that those players have a short ban and they can carry on playing as before. If they are a player that actually hacks, they will see the first one week ban as nothing so they will come back and hack again. This means the real hackers are the ones that get banned for a long time and the people who have been falsely banned don't get a permanent ban.

The truth is there are a lot more people than you think who get falsely banned for hacking. Its no ones fault, just bad luck that the video comes out making it look like he is hacking.

Appeals for this server weren't great before this system came in. Yes you could appeal and get unbanned but so could the hackers. All they had to do was say sorry and they wouldn't do it again and they were unbanned. Now they cant do that as easily because the system they have means they know how many times they have been banned.

Lets put it this way, you've been falsely banned because the video someone has of you makes you look like you have major reach hacks. Would you rather have a week ban that you don't really need to worry about because either way you will be able to be playing the next week, or would you want a permanent ban, have to worry about your appeal not being accepted and if it doesn't get accepted you are permanently banned for life. That's what i think the first week ban is for.

The reason there are so many hackers at the moment isn't because of the new system. It's because they had to unban everyone from before because they were banned under another set of rules.

I'm sorry if you find this confusing and i know a lot of people are going to disagree either way but honestly there is a lot of potential with this system. Its just that people aren't looking past the first ban.

Tears_Of_Asariel

Aug 19, 2016
Everyone hates the 1 week ban because its short but they completely ignore the fact that it is a really smart move. Its basically setting up hackers for a permanent ban. Unlike before they can now track if any player has hacked before and you aren't realizing that because its such a short ban they can wait it out and then hack again and that's what catches the hacker out, it means they know for sure that player is hacking instead of dwelling on the fact that they might have just given someone a permanent ban and they might not have even hacked. This helps for a more efficient way of making sure they get rid of all hackers for good. Its going to take a while for everything to cool down but everyone is in the same boat. The best thing you can do is to record them and help get rid of them so all of them get banned quicker and more efficiently. Don't start putting more pressure on the staff because they are under a lot more stress than you think.

Giving a certain rank and above /ban privileges is a bad idea because I've seen people hacking when they have diamond rank. Just because you have a donator rank doesn't mean they can hack.

The will be a no-cheat added to the server really soon that the developers are working on and they have been for a verrry long time but i think because of the amount of time they have had everyone will be extremely happy when it is added. You'll just have to be patient for that time. The staff are doing as much as they can and you will see a difference sooner or later.

This hacker problem is temporary.

hmm... i honestly never thought of it this way, that 1 week ban being the worm on the hook... its intentionally a short term so they hack again.. now that you say that it actually does make a lot of sense, but i still wouldnt have the second offence being a month.. that should be the perma ban.

as for reporting players, i only recently started recording players because of the huge influx of hackers, but in that time, just playing a little bit every few days, i have recorded about 25 hackers, and another maybe 5 players that i either couldnt record for some reason, or after reviewing the vid, i seen it didnt record the name or something.. but of the 25 good videos ive posted, im still waiting for 8 of them to be reviewed.. and one person actually had permission from a mod to hack for a YT vid -.-

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Think about it, there are so many people who get unfairly banned out there because of 2 second in a video where a glitch happens or something looks like hacks but it isn't, the first ban being a week means that those players have a short ban and they can carry on playing as before. If they are a player that actually hacks, they will see the first one week ban as nothing so they will come back and hack again. This means the real hackers are the ones that get banned for a long time and the people who have been falsely banned don't get a permanent ban.

The truth is there are a lot more people than you think who get falsely banned for hacking. Its no ones fault, just bad luck that the video comes out making it look like he is hacking.

Appeals for this server weren't great before this system came in. Yes you could appeal and get unbanned but so could the hackers. All they had to do was say sorry and they wouldn't do it again and they were unbanned. Now they cant do that as easily because the system they have means they know how many times they have been banned.

Lets put it this way, you've been falsely banned because the video someone has of you makes you look like you have major reach hacks. Would you rather have a week ban that you don't really need to worry about because either way you will be able to be playing the next week, or would you want a permanent ban, have to worry about your appeal not being accepted and if it doesn't get accepted you are permanently banned for life. That's what i think the first week ban is for.

The reason there are so many hackers at the moment isn't because of the new system. It's because they had to unban everyone from before because they were banned under another set of rules.

I'm sorry if you find this confusing and i know a lot of people are going to disagree either way but honestly there is a lot of potential with this system. Its just that people aren't looking past the first ban.
1). Then they appeal. That simple.
2). Can I get a source on that? I doubt the staff take an apology for an appeal.

HackersDoNotWin

Apr 20, 2016
Cubecraft only bans them Temp becacuse hacckers are like 90% of their players. And if all hackers got perma banned their would be no players lmfaoaaaa

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
1). Then they appeal. That simple.
2). Can I get a source on that? I doubt the staff take an apology for an appeal.
Yes they can appeal but if they don't have proof that at that moment it time they weren't hacking there isn't much they can do but apologize or explain without evidence which makes your unban a less likely thing.
And when i was saying All they had to do was say sorry and they wouldn't do it again and they were unbanned i was meaning that's how it used to feel because i used to see people who i knew blatantly hacked back on the server because they appealed. I was more saying it was an easy way of getting unbanned for some rather than that's all they had to do.

TheQueenWaddle

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
Yes they can appeal but if they don't have proof that at that moment it time they weren't hacking there isn't much they can do but apologize or explain without evidence which makes your unban a less likely thing.
And when i was saying All they had to do was say sorry and they wouldn't do it again and they were unbanned i was meaning that's how it used to feel because i used to see people who i knew blatantly hacked back on the server because they appealed. I was more saying it was an easy way of getting unbanned for some rather than that's all they had to do.
I was banned falsely before, and my appeal worked.
Ok, but are the staff going to unban them because they say sorry? No.
It might feel that way, but it's a blatant lie.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom