1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hackers/ Bans

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by 6views_, Sep 13, 2016.

?

How should hackers be dealt with?

1. Instant perm ban

2. 3 strike policy

3. Other (please state)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. 6views_

6views_ Member

I really hate hackers. They are a plague and ruin the server for other players like myself and my friends who just want to play the game normally and have fun!

Now I've read somewhere that to try and tackle the hacker problem, Cubecraft has changed the punishment system, and that instead of a perm ban, you get a one week ban, then get another warning before you're perm banned? I don't know about you guys but this makes no sense to me at all...

So to try and increase the deterrent to stop hackers hacking in the first place, they've reduced the punishment? Surely a zero tolerance policy whereby any signs of hacking whatsoever is an instant perm would be a better system? It would prevent the people who hack just to be funny because they wouldn't get a second chance.

The idea of a 3 strike policy is ridiculous. 90% of people will hack again guaranteed. It will also teach people to be more sneaky and start toggling their hacks on and off more, so it's much harder for them to be caught. In addition, a very small number of people actually take the time to record, edit, upload and link videos of rule- breakers, therefore you're just increasing the amount of innocent players that are exposed to said hackers.

I really love this server and it pains me to see 4 hackers in every game. If you guys really want to be lenient with people then may I suggest a temp ban of say 3 months? 1 week just seems way to short to me...

What do you guys think?

Earth, iLoveYouu, Susannaah and 5 others like this.
  2. ♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡ Member

I don't edit my videos just press my hotkey to record and upload raw low quality footage. :D
    Edit: jitney? What is that auto correct? D:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    6views_ likes this.
  3. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Idek.
    I perfectly agree with this, and so does 97% of the server.

6views_ likes this.
  4. iAxelGM

iAxelGM Member

LOL 33.3% everybody xD

5. Pandrai

Pandrai Member

School
    1 WEEK! THEY GET BANNED FOR 1 WEEK!!! nuh uh I'm done, this is bologna, my first offense was targeting someone and I got MUTED for longer than a HACKER gets BANNED!!! This needs to be a straight away 6 month ban and if it happens again its a perma IP ban. They should know better, I mean, have you ever met a hacker that says "i didn't know it was against the rules" cuz they're obviously lying, name one server where you can hack! ONE WELL KNOWN SERVER! exactly...point in case. My vote goes to 6 month ban just because they KNOW they're breaking the rules and it doesn't seem to bother them. Most say "Idc ban me I have 7 more acc just lined up ready to play"

6views_ likes this.
  6. Caboozled_Pie

Caboozled_Pie Member

Messaging on the Forums
    Home Page:
    I think that instead of requiring someone to have a recording (as it is hard to record), they should have a /ban for ranked players, and when a ranked player that is Gold Rank or higher does /ban on someone, Cubecraft will review what the player has done. A /ban troll will be banned as well.

Let me know if you have anymore suggestions.

7. ♡♡♡♡

♡♡♡♡ Member

So /report ?

8. TheQueenWaddle

TheQueenWaddle Member

Pokemon Addict
    Home Page:
    Umm no.
    The entire server would be gone before anyone even noticed. Like wth.
    THInK b4 you post. I wouldn't want the job of having to unban 20000+ players.

9. xx_360noscope101

xx_360noscope101 Member

being a baby chicken
    I disagree. You should have plenty of potential to record the hacker and ban him.

10. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Idek.
    Do you have any idea what you just said? There would be ~20 forum members + staff having to constantly unban. I, as an emerald rank have been hackusated by 20+ gold ranks. Some people would ban me for hacking but the real reason is "Voted for Hardcore Items"

11. xx_360noscope101

xx_360noscope101 Member

being a baby chicken
    Same for me. I get too much hate for that.

12. Caboozled_Pie

Caboozled_Pie Member

Messaging on the Forums
    Home Page:
    Well, I did say that people who troll spam /report would be banned.

13. xx_360noscope101

xx_360noscope101 Member

being a baby chicken
    There were reasons why this has been rejected in the past. In fact this did exist before but people were doing /report for dumb reasons such as "he 360'd a bow shot one block away!"

14. iProsecute

iProsecute Member

If someone chooses to hack on a server, even though I do enjoy giving players second chances, I believe hackers should be permanently banned. If you purposely choose to hack and give yourself an advantage over other players, then you honestly don't deserve to play.

6views_ likes this.
  15. RockBob4

RockBob4 Member

Recording is not that hard! download=
    OBS
    Ezvid
    or
    Bandicam

16. TheMilkmanGamer

TheMilkmanGamer Member

I think an intermediate approach would work best. For instance, first offense is one month and second is permanent. Also, if 3 or more accounts from the same IP address get banned, you get IP banned.

I do record hackers a lot, and I enjoy helping the server get rid of hackers, but there are some problems:

1) it takes on average 24+ hours for staff to respond to your report
    2) very few people can and do record
    -it becomes a pain when there's a hacker every other game and you have to upload post and threadbump 10 hacker vids
    3) 1 week ban

17. Jordanzz

Jordanzz Member

I. Need. Something. To. Do
    Home Page:
    Another hacker thread ._.
    Everyone hates the 1 week ban because its short but they completely ignore the fact that it is a really smart move. Its basically setting up hackers for a permanent ban. Unlike before they can now track if any player has hacked before and you aren't realizing that because its such a short ban they can wait it out and then hack again and that's what catches the hacker out, it means they know for sure that player is hacking instead of dwelling on the fact that they might have just given someone a permanent ban and they might not have even hacked. This helps for a more efficient way of making sure they get rid of all hackers for good. Its going to take a while for everything to cool down but everyone is in the same boat. The best thing you can do is to record them and help get rid of them so all of them get banned quicker and more efficiently. Don't start putting more pressure on the staff because they are under a lot more stress than you think.

Giving a certain rank and above /ban privileges is a bad idea because I've seen people hacking when they have diamond rank. Just because you have a donator rank doesn't mean they can hack.

The will be a no-cheat added to the server really soon that the developers are working on and they have been for a verrry long time but i think because of the amount of time they have had everyone will be extremely happy when it is added. You'll just have to be patient for that time. The staff are doing as much as they can and you will see a difference sooner or later.

This hacker problem is temporary.

18. 1212hawks_

1212hawks_ Member

Playing on Cubecraft
    Home Page:
    Yes I mean downloading the Client was kinda their warning. They shouldn't have downloaded the hack in the first place. So they don't deserve 3 warnings. It's like if someone smoked and had 3 lives. They knew what they were doing. They don't deserve another chance

6views_ likes this.
  19. Jeff_Bllkth

Jeff_Bllkth Member

I agree with you, hackers should be banned (if it is 3 strike policy) the first time one month, not one week, I see that useless. If anyone hacks is because that person dowloaded the hack to use it, shouldn´t be there mercy with them. I think this.

20. hyperBravo

hyperBravo Member

Infested Siege Tank
    This would make the server even closer to Mineplex, where player abuse is a big problem in their player servers. Wait, actually the server already like the MAC Mineplex (before GWEN) at the moment with the hacker problem.

For example, as the others have said, a player gets banned from a player server for "hacking," when the "hacker" is actually a legitimate player who killed the host and won a game.