Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyfire_swe

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2017
Sweden
This is it. Cubecraft destroyed our Lucky Islands Online Home, and never bothered to ask. It's like going in when people are sleeping, demolishing their house, and then going:

"SURPRIIIISE" - we destroyed your house!!! BUT don't be sad, we built you a new one! It's a new beautiful house that you must share with EVERYONE in the city. Aren't you happy about our little update?"

Don't you, dear Cubecraft, understand that the different game lobbies existed to create smaller rooms within a large server. These rooms that you destroyed, were community areas where people met and made new friends. How are new Lucky Island-players supposed to met other LI-players now? In one of the 80+ lobbies with people scattered from all games? Not very likely.

With one move you have killed communities. You know, I can't have most LI-players as CC-friends. But I like to met them in the lobby and say hi! Its like a virtual neighbour hood. I am now sad, because I won't be meeting other Lucky Island players in the lobby anymore. And MOST OF ALL the not quite so popular LI-people will be sad, cause they will feel alone in the vast sterile one-size-fits-all-waiting-room that is the new reality of Cubecraft. These people will now have even harder to connect to other Lucky Islanders.

I had heard several rumours about the staff of Cubecraft. That they solve problems that aren't problems, and add things no one asked for. I am sad so say that this now is my experience as well. CC, you added tons of hours (and money) into BattleZone and removed our online homes. You delayed parkour forever and added a plus rank that annoyed people to bits. I honestly am very disappointed, and have already on Discord seen cc-people wanting to go to HyPixel. Can't blame them really.

The announcement in itself is really terrible to read. No excuses. No real arguments for the removal of the game lobbies.
What could CC have done better? If they wanted to remove the lobbies, they should have engaged us in the community. Asked for our opinion. And if they decided to go through with it, say that "we will make the change in 6 months" in order to give people time to adjust to the change.

It's not to late Cubecraft,
repent and restore the game lobbies.
NO ONE I HAVE TALKED TO like that the lobbies are destroyed.

Regards,
Skyfire_swe

Fliqa

Forum Expert
Mar 13, 2017
Belgium
I'm sorry you feel this way, but please know that this temporarily. The Builders can focus on the Lobby's and in-game maps now, give it some time. I will also miss Minerware and Arcade, but it's the choice of the Staff Team in the end.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

Skyfire_swe

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2017
Sweden
I'm sorry you feel this way, but please know that this temporarily. The Builders can focus on the Lobby's and in-game maps now, give it some time. I will also miss Minerware and Arcade, but it's the choice of the Staff Team in the end.

So are you saying that they have said that the game lobbies will return?

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
This is it. Cubecraft destroyed our Lucky Islands Online Home, and never bothered to ask. It's like going in when people are sleeping, demolishing their house, and then going:

"SURPRIIIISE" - we destroyed your house!!! BUT don't be sad, we built you a new one! It's a new beautiful house that you must share with EVERYONE in the city. Aren't you happy about our little update?"

Don't you, dear Cubecraft, understand that the different game lobbies existed to create smaller rooms within a large server. These rooms that you destroyed, were community areas where people met and made new friends. How are new Lucky Island-players supposed to met other LI-players now? In one of the 80+ lobbies with people scattered from all games? Not very likely.

With one move you have killed communities. You know, I can't have most LI-players as CC-friends. But I like to met them in the lobby and say hi! Its like a virtual neighbour hood. I am now sad, because I won't be meeting other Lucky Island players in the lobby anymore. And MOST OF ALL the not quite so popular LI-people will be sad, cause they will feel alone in the vast sterile one-size-fits-all-waiting-room that is the new reality of Cubecraft. These people will now have even harder to connect to other Lucky Islanders.

I had heard several rumours about the staff of Cubecraft. That they solve problems that aren't problems, and add things no one asked for. I am sad so say that this now is my experience as well. CC, you added tons of hours (and money) into BattleZone and removed our online homes. You delayed parkour forever and added a plus rank that annoyed people to bits. I honestly am very disappointed, and have already on Discord seen cc-people wanting to go to HyPixel. Can't blame them really.

The announcement in itself is really terrible to read. No excuses. No real arguments for the removal of the game lobbies.
What could CC have done better? If they wanted to remove the lobbies, they should have engaged us in the community. Asked for our opinion. And if they decided to go through with it, say that "we will make the change in 6 months" in order to give people time to adjust to the change.

It's not to late Cubecraft,
repent and restore the game lobbies.
NO ONE I HAVE TALKED TO like that the lobbies are destroyed.

Regards,
Skyfire_swe
Why on Earth are you complaining about Lucky Islands? The game is still up and running, which is unfortunately no longer the case for Blockwars, Minerware, Arcade and some other gamemodes

Blocky

Forum Expert
Jun 3, 2017
Why on Earth are you complaining about Lucky Islands? The game is still up and running, which is unfortunately no longer the case for Blockwars, Minerware, Arcade and some other gamemodes
Did you even read the thread?

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
all the resources that were being put into lobbies
Good that you're getting closer to the actual reason, instead of some stupid excuse like this:
  • There are no longer lots of different lobbies each with their own layouts meaning we can focus builders on new game maps etc.

Don't lie. The main reason is money.

Did you even read the thread?

He means that at least Lucky Islands still exist, even though without the old lobby. This can't be said about Minerware, Arcade, Blockwars, Beta games, etc.

Skyfire_swe

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2017
Sweden

I am so sad about your loss and can only begin to imagine how it must feel like for you and other players from those communities who've lost their games :( I used Lucky Islands as an example in order to criticise CC:s removal of the game-dedicated lobbies.

Skyfire_swe

Novice Member
Dec 26, 2017
Sweden
Look on the bright side: all the resources that were being put into lobbies can now be put to use for more important things, like actual games.

Thank you for your reply. Could you please explain for me why having the same lobbies as before is taking time from developing other stuff?

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Who said that it'd be temporary?

The games might return to the ??? section, so it's only 'temporary'. After a few months, you'll be able to play the game you want again! For 2 weeks and then you'll have to wait months again lol.

Fliqa

Forum Expert
Mar 13, 2017
Belgium
The games might return to the ??? section, so it's only 'temporary'. After a few months, you'll be able to play the game you want again! For 2 weeks and then you'll have to wait months again lol.
I was talking about the lobby's, actually. Not the deleted games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom