Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
I'm going to ask you to do something really silly. But it's gonna be fun though.
And that is, to give me some useless, bad ideas you can come up with.

Yup! Simple as that. Sounds pretty stupid right?

Now i hear you thinking: 'What's the point of this??'

Well believe it or not, but this is actually a 'creative strategy' to enchance your ideas, now i don't currently happen to have any grandiose ideas, but it seems like a fun thing to try out with you guys nonetheless and might just give me (or you!) another 'spark' for a grandiose idea!

Sounds crazy right? Well appearantly, according to my study (i do a creative study at the moment where i have to learn to enhance my creativity, let's just keep it at that), and according to others and a little bit of personal experience, i can tell you it actually works. I know right! How??

Well basically, it’s a combination of the brainstorming technique with the technique of changing your perspective so that you can look at the problem or situation from a completely different angle; allowing you to be creative in ways you likely wouldn't have been before.

So instead of asking yourself: 'How can i improve Eggwars?'; you aks yourself: 'How can i make Eggwars worse?'

Then after you've come up with some answers to this question, you inverse again. So therefore if you were to answer with "by making the islands smaller", then this would become, "Make the islands bigger". Then after you've done that, you just magnify that in a way. So let's say something like 'Have more big islands' as a quick example to this.

By studying the opposite of what you want, you can identify important elements that aren’t immediately obvious. Take white-water kayaking. What would I need to know if I wanted to be able to kayak in a large, fast-moving, rock-strewn river?

Here’s the inversion: What would it look like if everything went wrong?

• I’d flip upside down underwater, and not be able to get back up.
  • I’d flood my kayak, causing it to sink or swamp, resulting in a total loss of the kayak.
  • I’d hit my head on a rock.
  • I’d lose my paddle, eliminating my maneuverability.
  • I’d eject from my kayak, get stuck in a hydraulic (a point in the river where the river flows back on itself, creating a loop like a washing machine) and not be able to get out.
If I managed to do all of these things at once in the middle of a raging river, I’d probably die – the worst-case scenario. This depressing line of thought is useful because it points to a few white-water kayaking skills that are probably very important:

• Learning to roll the kayak right side up if it flips, without ejecting.
  • Learning how to prevent swamping the kayak if ejecting is necessary.
  • Learning how to avoid losing my paddle in rough water.
  • Learning and using safety precautions when rafting around large rocks.
  • Scouting the river before the run to avoid dangerous river features entirely.
This mental simulation also gives me a shopping list: I’d need to invest in a flotation vest, helmet, and other safety gear.

Now … I have a concrete list of subskills to practice and actions to take to ensure that I actually have fun, keep my gear, and survive the trip.

Conclusion
Start at the end; think of what you don’t want; flip it on it’s head . . .these are all examples of reverse thinking. Now think of a problem that you’re having or an obstacle that you’re facing, and apply reverse thinking. You might be surprised by the ideas you come up with.

Anyways, this is just a little expirement i wanna try with you guys for the fun of it, nothing more. So if you wanna participate, feel free to do so.

So go wild! Be free! Let your mind go loose and come up with the worst ideas you can come up with!

Edit: One rule though, while it's funny to read them, the suggestions shouldn't alter the gamemode in a way that would change the fundemental element of the gamemode. Like no islands in skywars. It has to be a little bit more creative or in depth than that for the possibility of something creative coming out of it.

So in short: come up with a suggestion that would make something worse, not totally destroy or completely ruin it lmao.
That's all.

(Even better would be if you came up with a way to make something worse without there being an already existing solution to it yet. Example of a suggestion that would already have an solution to it: 'Make obsidian 50 gold each in Eggwars' is already fixed, obby isn't that expensive at the moment anyways in Eggwars.)

Then again. Keep the radical ones coming anyways for the keks and lols. This isn't a thread meant to be only taken seriously.

Last edited:

Sander J

Dec 11, 2017
Holland
I'm going to ask you to do something really silly. But it's gonna be fun though.
And that is, to give me your most useless, worst ideas you can possibly imagine!

Yup! Simple as that. Sounds pretty stupid right?

Now i hear you thinking: 'What's the point of this??'

Well believe it or not, but this is actually a 'creative strategy' to enchance your ideas, now i don't currently happen to have any grandiose ideas, but it seems like a fun thing to try out with you guys nonetheless and might just give me (or you!) another 'spark' for a grandiose idea!

Sounds crazy right? Well appearantly, according to my study (i do a creative study at the moment where i have to learn to enhance my creativity, let's just keep it at that), and according to others and a little bit of personal experience, i can tell you it actually works. I know right! How??

Well basically, it’s a combination of the brainstorming technique with the technique of changing your perspective so that you can look at the problem or situation from a completely different angle; allowing you to be creative in ways you likely wouldn't have been before.

So instead of asking yourself: 'How can i improve Eggwars?'; you aks yourself: 'How can i make sure to compeletely ruin Eggwars?'

Then after you've come up with some answers to this question, you inverse again. So therefore if you were to answer with "by removing the eggs", then this would become, "Keep the eggs". Then after you've done that, you just magnify that in a way. So let's say something like 'Increase the amount eggs' as a quick example to this.

By studying the opposite of what you want, you can identify important elements that aren’t immediately obvious. Take white-water kayaking. What would I need to know if I wanted to be able to kayak in a large, fast-moving, rock-strewn river?

Here’s the inversion: What would it look like if everything went wrong?

• I’d flip upside down underwater, and not be able to get back up.
  • I’d flood my kayak, causing it to sink or swamp, resulting in a total loss of the kayak.
  • I’d hit my head on a rock.
  • I’d lose my paddle, eliminating my maneuverability.
  • I’d eject from my kayak, get stuck in a hydraulic (a point in the river where the river flows back on itself, creating a loop like a washing machine) and not be able to get out.
If I managed to do all of these things at once in the middle of a raging river, I’d probably die – the worst-case scenario. This depressing line of thought is useful because it points to a few white-water kayaking skills that are probably very important:

• Learning to roll the kayak right side up if it flips, without ejecting.
  • Learning how to prevent swamping the kayak if ejecting is necessary.
  • Learning how to avoid losing my paddle in rough water.
  • Learning and using safety precautions when rafting around large rocks.
  • Scouting the river before the run to avoid dangerous river features entirely.
This mental simulation also gives me a shopping list: I’d need to invest in a flotation vest, helmet, and other safety gear.

Now … I have a concrete list of subskills to practice and actions to take to ensure that I actually have fun, keep my gear, and survive the trip.

Conclusion
Start at the end; think of what you don’t want; flip it on it’s head . . .these are all examples of reverse thinking. Now think of a problem that you’re having or an obstacle that you’re facing, and apply reverse thinking. You might be surprised by the ideas you come up with.

Anyways, this is just a little expirement i wanna try with you guys, nothing more. So if you wanna participate, feel free to do so.

So go wild! Be free! Let your mind go loose and come up with the worst ideas you can come up with!

Make all the lucky blocks in lucky islands unlucky. ;)

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
remove the islands in skywars. easy win
Not updating to 1.12.
just let the server die and move the playerbase to H*****l
Let people hack.
Add all the suggestions given in this thread to the server.
Remove lucky blocks in lucky islands
Make Cubecraft better by listening to the people...
How far fetched that idea is.
Lets make eggs unbreakable in Eggwars.
Delete the server
this thread

*drops mic*
remove the islands in skywars. easy win
When I saw these I couldn't stop laughing.
"Great ideas are going on in this thread!" xD
I love these dumb ideas!

My idea:

Make it to where there are 0 staff in total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom