Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Maybe but with a bit of change

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 59979

So as freebuild is dead I've been thinking hard about ideas to revamp it.

Templates are basically pre-built models that people can use to build on. For example,
If you wanted to build a floating island you could create a template by going to the menu -> templates -> islands -> Select the size and it spawns in an island

This could be use for any templates, not just islands.

I understand that people may think it would take a lot of time to create all the templates which is why I'm suggesting only small templates.

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Well, I never join freebuild since I'm a bad builder and stuff but maybe it would be good for the "game" and more people would probably join it if they updated it anyway.

D

Deleted member 59979

*Inhales*

Are you joking?
If so funny
If not than you are fake news

Anyways as for the suggestion

This kind of just seems to ruin the point of freebuild
Freebuild is for you to build whatever your imagination shows you
So why add this to just make pre-build areas
Some of us cant build what our imagination wants to build. Its not because its just impracticle to do in mc, or because we dont actually do it. Its because we dont have the ability to build things that meet our imagination. This is why I'm suggesting this idea. Instead of being sad that we are bad at building we can do something about it. What if I want to build a house in a mountain, but I'm really bad at terraforming. What if I wanted to build a lake, but I dont know how deep each part is. These templates are like stepping stools that help us reach our final goal. And in the process you will learn more about each thing until you can eventually build it yourself and you wont even need help in achieving your goal because you can do it yourself.

Also you dont have to use a template if you dont want to. Some people might prefer to build it themselves which is understandable but some of us do need that step up.

Reactions: Sweetenerera

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
My imagination shows a beautiful big island with a amazing house on it and a lot of palmtrees
But in reality? I don't even know how deep the water needs to be.

I'm sure you've seen the memes.
So you will just copy what the builders made as a preset and call it yours?
Some of us cant build what our imagination wants to build. Its not because its just impracticle to do in mc, or because we dont actually do it. Its because we dont have the ability to build things that meet our imagination. This is why I'm suggesting this idea. Instead of being sad that we are bad at building we can do something about it. What if I want to build a house in a mountain, but I'm really bad at terraforming. What if I wanted to build a lake, but I dont know how deep each part is. These templates are like stepping stools that help us reach our final goal. And in the process you will learn more about each thing until you can eventually build it yourself and you wont even need help in achieving your goal because you can do it yourself.

Also you dont have to use a template if you dont want to. Some people might prefer to build it themselves which is understandable but some of us do need that step up.
then don’t play freebuild if you can’t even build
Don’t just add this to then take presets and just say “I made this”

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
then don’t play freebuild if you can’t even build
Don’t just add this to then take presets and just say “I made this”
I can't build yet I enjoy it.
Also, there is a mod called 'Schematics'
If you use that you can also say "I made this"

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton

thats like saying your teacher should write your essay because you know what you want to write but can't be arsed to do it yourself

Reactions: Injunction

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
I can't build yet I enjoy it.
Also, there is a mod called 'Schematics'
If you use that you can also say "I made this"
“I can’t build yet I enjoy it”
So this helps you build, no it doesn’t
You are having it built for you

Also schematics is a completely different
It is intended for practical use
Not to make someone feel better because they “built” the Tour de Eiffel
If you can’t build even the most simple things
Then don’t
Simple as that

Reactions: Commissioned
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Playing EggWars moslty on CubeCraft Java.
Top Bottom