Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Balance infected?

• No, its completely balanced right now

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Right now the infected win pretty much all games guaranteed.

How to fix this:
Make iron armor less useless
Remove haste and replace it with efficiency on tools
Add a short grace period
Yes please! I don’t play the game anymore because if I become infected, then fine I guess, but I thought the reason why I never won as a human was because I’m bad, but yes please!

Zombiepower

Forum Veteran
Jul 1, 2016
Belgium
I love your idea , every infected will be able to get a lot of kills in the beggining so it would be handy to have a small grace period. Maybe add enchanting books to the mythical chests so that you can enchant your armor with it ?

Reactions: ItsDavey_

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
I want to add that diamond armor is unbalanced too, 3/4 pieces make you unkillable, I'm pretty sure that's not the way it was intended.

Aethiria

Novice Member
Jan 9, 2018
Your Imagination
Take away fall damage for the humans too, to prevent anyone from purposely killing themselves to become infected. Or just make it so that you have to get killed by an infected person, to become infected. Otherwise you die and can't respawn.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Take away fall damage for the humans too, to prevent anyone from purposely killing themselves to become infected. Or just make it so that you have to get killed by an infected person, to become infected. Otherwise you die and can't respawn.

That wouldn't help much in my opinion, people would just run up to an infected player and get killed too.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
m pretty sure that's not the way it was intended.
It was;
What did we do?

To ensure that players are playing the game as they should be, we've added lots of progression into the humans. As you know, humans start with leather armour, and can upgrade their armour to iron armour over the duration of the game. The thing was, getting full iron, food and a few golden apples was too easy, and once you had this, hiding was the only way that you could win. Not anymore!

So now we've added Diamonds. The catch is, that they only form half way through the game, which means that to stay alive, you're required to get iron, and upgrade to diamond half way through the game. This means at the end of the game, you may get this intense fight with the human in full diamond armour.

But Diamond armour is not much better than Iron?

You're right! If you were playing normal Minecraft that is. There are now huge leaps in the protection offered by armour in the game.

Armour also gets slightly weaker as the game goes on. If you weren't aware, Infection is a game heavily based around Maths. We use absolutely tons of calculations to ensure that the game is as close as can be. One of the calculations that we've added is that now, iron armour becomes weaker throughout the game, meaning that it becomes easier to kill someone if they don't get Diamond. As proven prior to the update, people will run away and hide in Iron armour, and this update will make it easier to kill them. And if you were wondering, if you're still in leather armour at the end of the game, you'll most likely be killed in one shot! And this is why Maths is important in life. ;)

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018

Ehmm...from your quote: 'This means at the end of the game, you may get this intense fight with the human in full diamond armour'.
Yes, diamond armour is supposed to be very strong, but no immortal. With full diamond, I can stand still doing nothing and easily surviving the last minute with 10 infected attacking me. That's not an intense fights, thats just hitting without purpose. I have never seen a full dia person die to infected (except the void).

Also: '...meaning that it becomes easier to kill someone if they don't get Diamond.'
If it was really intended to be immortal with diamond, they wouldn't have said 'easier'.

I don't get full diamond that often, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like diamond armor = immortal.

Reactions: CommunistCactus
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on __obektev__'s profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your time here :)
Reesle wrote on Otherworld's profile.
Cool banner!
LitDs have been about the normal, human-to-human relationships in the world, so there's a lot of ideas that I want to write, that are not so grand or lore-focused.

But I don't really want to write anymore.

I literally went through today with no motivation to do ANYTHING... help me.
This past week has seriously been the worst. Terrible things keep happening one after the other.
I have no motivation to write (as well as a bunch of things that I need to get done). However, I have this random plot idea of a new LitD. Two characters who are rivals in many cooking competitions throughout their lives but one of them is in love with the other.

1716070529301.png
Top Bottom