Would you like to see this implemented?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamel

Forum Expert
Dec 24, 2016
yes
@Spuuuni @SpankMeSanta @effot @Shamel @ArianaGrande @werra11 @Qin Shihuangdi @Zuno_Yutogo @ArcturusTE_PN

Tagged you guys cause i've either seen you around multiple times at the Eggwars section of the forums / are frequent Eggwars players.
I thought that for any opinions on this concept it should also definitely involve/include people like you guys, since this does involve Eggwars. You don't have to respond to this, but it would of course be appreciated if you did if you'd happen to have an opinion on it.
I really like the idea, in my opinion Eggwars is starting to feel a bit "old" because nothing new is being added. I would like to see this in the game.

Reactions: FartiliciousMaleGuy

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Any others of you have any thoughts perhaps?
I think eggwars should indeed get some love and new features. To start with, everyone's complaining about allies killing their 'friendly' teams' eggs. Can't you just make it so that allies can't break those eggs? When all the other allies are destroyed. Maybe have a top 3 -> something like a calculator who sums up all the kills and statistics of the winning allies. The teams within in this ally get a first, second and third place, based on their effort. (Less or more, depends on the amount of teams within an ally) Maybe my idea helps a bit? Allies are definitely a fun twist, but don't make it too complicated. That's why I only voted for the main concept. Although the other stuff has indeed some potential, but maybe could you explain it a bit more? I don't really get it. For the rest, I really support this idea. And I hope I fixed your issue with "team killing". Great suggestion!!

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
To start with, everyone's complaining about allies killing their 'friendly' teams' eggs.
No offense, but i haven't seen that complaint before (i assume you've simply misread something), if you have, then please show me, i'll look into it.

killing their 'friendly' teams' eggs.
this wouldn't be a problem simply cause it wouldn't be made possible of course. Kinda assumed everyone got that and that it would be considered a given. I mean it be pretty darn silly to give your allies the option to break your island's egg, it would also open the gates for trolls.

Maybe have a top 3 -> something like a calculator who sums up all the kills and statistics of the winning allies. The teams within in this ally get a first, second and third place, based on their effort. (Less or more, depends on the amount of teams within an ally)
That could be kinda cool. Will think of it and possibly add this as a potential additional idea.

but don't make it too complicated.
Eh, i think it isn't anything crazy complicated. I think you might be misjudging very detailed and thought out for complicated.

Although the other stuff has indeed some potential, but maybe could you explain it a bit more? I don't really get it.
Hmm idk, i think i gave it a pretty good explanation tbh, but i'll give it an extra look in terms of it's explanation.

For the rest, I really support this idea.
Great suggestion!!
Thanks! Your feedback has been very much appreciated :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Komodо

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
No offense, but i haven't seen that complaint before (i assume you've simply misread something), if you have, then please show me, i'll look into i
I misread it indeed! You said egg DEFENSES. I probably read only eggs. This would indeed be a way bigger problem. Maybe just make it so you can't break blocks within a 7x7 space (for example) from the eggs of the "friendly" teams in your allies?

this wouldn't be a problem simply cause it wouldn't be made possible of course. Kinda assumed everyone got that and that it would be considered a given. I mean it be pretty darn silly to have your allies give the option to break your island's egg, it would also open the gates for trolls.
The misread also explains this <:

That could be kinda cool. Will think of it and possibly add this as a potential additional idea.
No problem :) This was actually as a suggestion based on my misread, but I hope it still fits!

Eh, i think it isn't anything crazy complicated. I think you might be misjudging very detailed and thought out for complicated.
Hmm idk, i think i gave it a pretty good explanation tbh, but i'll give it an extra look in terms of it's explanation.

Maybe more explaination wasn't exactly the right word. I actually meant, be more specific: what kind of deathmatch? When a deathmatch consist of uneven players, for example 5 vs 3, based on your idea, what will the disadvantages be in the deathmatch? Because at the start of the game an uneven player count between two teams has other complications than in a death match. That's what I meant with too complicated.

Thanks! Your feedback has been very much appreciated :)
Good feedback comes with a good suggestion! ;)

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
I misread it indeed! You said egg DEFENSES. I probably read only eggs. This would indeed be a way bigger problem. Maybe just make it so you can't break blocks within a 7x7 space (for example) from the eggs of the "friendly" teams in your allies?
Something along these lines is something i initially thought off at first aswell, the problem with this though is that it could be used for trolling / cause inconveniences due to trapping other players from a different team from your alliance in this pocket. Now i think about it, the only way this sort of border of protection could work if it would only affect a 1 block radius around the egg since then it would be impossible to have people get trapped somehow. Then again though, the possiblity of being able to break other allied teams egg defenses could also be a good thing if any allies would want to help and replace Terracotta with obsidian. So i'm a little bit conflicted on this and what option to go for...Hmmmm..

When a deathmatch consist of uneven players, for example 5 vs 3, based on your idea, what will the disadvantages be in the deathmatch? Because at the start of the game an uneven player count between two teams has other complications than in a death match. That's what I meant with too complicated.
You got a good point there. First (and easy) option for this would be: don't make a deathmatch possible with these kinds of maps, just like you wouldn't be able to with all maps that include this idea: Have teams combined into one team, but DON'T give each team a seperate egg. Instead, give them only one egg.
Like this one:

Possible gamesetup (this one is a bit crazy though):
Alliance 1 (Omega)(each island with a seperate egg): Green (3 players) + Dark Green (3 players) + Lime (3 players)
vs
Alliance 2 (Alpha)(with just one egg for all islands): Orange (5 players) + Red (5 players) + Dark Red (5 players)
vs
Alliance 3 (Gamma)(each island with a seperate egg): Light Blue (1 player) + Blue (1 player) + Dark Blue (1 player) + Purple (1 player) + Dark Purple (1 player) + Pink (1 player)
vs

Alliance 4 (Delta)(just one island with one egg): Yellow (12 players) <--- This for one, would make a deatmatch impossible

Other option would be to give the island with a fewer amount of players compared to other islands/teams of the alliance in the deathmatch better weapons and armor.

But hold up.

I realise now i never even suggested that kind of design in my thread
(one where you could have an alliance like this: island 1: 5 players -- island 2: 3 players -- island 3: 4 players )
(a scenario where you could possibly get into a 5 v 3 (so far) is if 2 players of the other team of the alliance would've left the game before the deatmatch started, which in that case you'll just have to deal with it unfortunately)
Definitely something that i should include in my thread though...

Dude you're on a roll, this is already the second potential additionial idea that you gave me (possibly third actually). Big thanks.

Last edited:

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
Something along these lines is something i initially thought off at first aswell, the problem with this though is that it could be used for trolling / cause inconveniences due to trapping other players from a different team from your alliance in this pocket. Now i think about it, the only way this sort of border of protection could work if it would only affect a 1 block radius around the egg since then it would be impossible to have people get trapped somehow. Then again though, the possiblity of being able to break other allied teams egg defenses could also be a good thing if any allies would want to help and replace Terracotta with obsidian. So i'm a little bit conflicted on this and what option to go for...Hmmmm..

After some thinking i think that going for the '1 block radius around the egg protection' might be the best call since allies would still be able to add their own defenses (a bit less practical (which would be so cause you'll need more obby to cover this, therefore making it possibly a bit unpractical) to do this way though, but it would still be possible, aside from adding defenses directly around the egg of course) to it. Still not a 100% sure on this decision, but more inclined to this compared to the other one.
But ughh (realises midway writing this), we also have this problem in Normal Eggwars (the possibility of teammates destroying egg defenses, which would basically be the equivalent of either destroying your own teams egg defenses or your allies egg defenses) actually and there it rarely is a problem (in my experience atleast) and the circumanstances there are: everyone on your time (everyone in the whole game actually) can place and break stuff around it. So now i'm thinking that it might be totally unnecessary. Still indecive on it. Goddammit.

Edit: I've come with a conclusion. It's best to not have any protection walls and hocus pocus like that. It would be hella complicated aswell to develop something like this aswell in regards of having to take all the things in account that would be necessary to be added for this to properly work without possible inconveniences.

(Next possible problem i came up with with the barrier would be 'how can allies from a dfferent island add defenses to an egg if it doesn't have some already set up around the egg yet?', you could try to build around the egg but that would be even more unpractical than adding a layer of obby on top of an already made 1 block defense around the egg)

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
@SavageNolle Elaborate please
@SavageNolle care to explain?
^
What he said. Some given reasoning for your vote would be greatly valued.

Also: @TheJeroen and @TheDvthr12 what's making you uncertain and causing doubts? With what could i possibly help out with? I would love to know so i could either clarify stuff that might be unclear to you or possibly change/improve things about the concept with given feedback.

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
The idea of multiple teams on a single team definitly sounds pretty fun or interesting to say the least.
But I voted: I don't know. And that's purely because I don't like EggWars in general ever since it's release. It's just not my kind of game, pretty simple.

I also have like 0 EggWars experience to know if such an idea would work out.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
I have thought about this concept, and correct me if I am wrong, but do you mean the seperate teams in 1 alliance have only 1 egg? *reads elaboration*

Yes you apparantly mean that, and the egg would be on one of the different island of the alliance. Now I think this is unfair, because the island with egg has to defend it. You say all the islands have to defend it to stay alive, that's true, but I doubt that will actually happen in game.

Now I also read this:

Alliance 3 (Gamma)(each island with a seperate egg): Light Blue (1 player) + Blue (1 player) + Dark Blue (1 player) + Purple (1 player) + Dark Purple (1 player) + Pink (1 player)

Now I would honestly LOVE to play this. You are still solo on your own island, with your egg, generators, defense, etc. but also still in an alliance. This is really what an alliance is, individuals bound together to find against the shared enemy.
You can still have your own tactics here (midcamp, defending, upgrading your generators, rushing, etc.), but you also gotta care about your alliance-mates.

From your elaboration I read that the alliances all have different setups in 1 game: 1 general egg, individual eggs, etc.
I think that's just too unfair, and no compensation would make this fair. 1 egg vs more eggs is just unfair for the 1 egg, because if that's gone they all can be eliminated. And that's only the first disadvantage, I could name a lot more.

There can very good be different setups for this, but in 1 game all alliances should have the same setup in my opinion.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
The idea of multiple teams on a single team definitly sounds pretty fun or interesting to say the least.
But I voted: I don't know. And that's purely because I don't like EggWars in general ever since it's release. It's just not my kind of game, pretty simple.

I also have like 0 EggWars experience to know if such an idea would work out.
Ah ok, that sounds completely understandable and reasonable in that case. Thanks for the clarification :).

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Very good idea. Top notch in fact. You mentioned "to stop teams being confused about who their allies are, they can just have similar colour team colours", well in fact it can be even easier than that, let's say its a 10+10+10 v 10+10+10 map, this can just be Red vs Blue, but for each smaller team, one of their teams could have bold names, the other have underlined names, and the other can have normal names/italic names.

However, since this is a PvP game, it won't get added or implemented. In fact, I guarantee a staff won't even reply to this thread with a screenshot of them forwarding this idea to the management team and doing all they can to pursue this. Instead, the 12-13 year old staff will just exchange pictures of their food in the #staff-help channel in the Discord whilst ignoring people who can't record hackers asking for help in live games.

As for the development team, they would much rather spend a couple of months to restrict chat even more, to the point that all you will be able to say in chat is "gg" and all meaningful communication is halted. They will then proceed to update games such as Wing Rush and Quake Craft despite nobody asking for it, whilst ignoring games such as eggwars. They will then add 1 extra cubelet feature and pat each other on the back and have a bottle of champagne bought from the money they made from scamming little kids who bought tacky Cubecraft merchandise.

Just my prediction. Prove me wrong.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
Very good idea. Top notch in fact. You mentioned "to stop teams being confused about who their allies are, they can just have similar colour team colours", well in fact it can be even easier than that, let's say its a 10+10+10 v 10+10+10 map, this can just be Red vs Blue, but for each smaller team, one of their teams could have bold names, the other have underlined names, and the other can have normal names/italic names.

However, since this is a PvP game, it won't get added or implemented. In fact, I guarantee a staff won't even reply to this thread with a screenshot of them forwarding this idea to the management team and doing all they can to pursue this. Instead, the 12-13 year old staff will just exchange pictures of their food in the #staff-help channel in the Discord whilst ignoring people who can't record hackers asking for help in live games.

As for the development team, they would much rather spend a couple of months to restrict chat even more, to the point that all you will be able to say in chat is "gg" and all meaningful communication is halted. They will then proceed to update games such as Wing Rush and Quake Craft despite nobody asking for it, whilst ignoring games such as eggwars. They will then add 1 extra cubelet feature and pat each other on the back and have a bottle of champagne bought from the money they made from scamming little kids who bought tacky Cubecraft merchandise.

Just my prediction. Prove me wrong.

Holy sh*t, savage. (love it)

Very good idea. Top notch in fact.
Thank you! Like wow, thanks a lot actually, that's like super flattering. Very appreciated dude.

well in fact it can be even easier than that, let's say its a 10+10+10 v 10+10+10 map, this can just be Red vs Blue, but for each smaller team, one of their teams could have bold names, the other have underlined names, and the other can have normal names/italic names.
That could work, but only to a limit of 4 teams making up one alliance, unless you have other ways of noting down names, which i guess you could with like just a different font family (that's different enough compared to others of course). Conclusion: it could work.

Instead, the 12-13 year old staff will just exchange pictures of their food in the #staff-help channel in the Discord whilst ignoring people who can't record hackers asking for help in live games.
We have those? Or do you mean they're figuratively speaking 12-13? Either way, it is only them doing that (i really don't know tbh, i have very little knowledge about what's going on behind the scenes), or so i hope.
I do low-key agree with you basically saying that the development team might be focusing on unimportant things a lot. Or well, so it seems at times.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Reactions: SpankMeSanta

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Really hope this won't be the case... Otherwise RIP all my time spent into this.
Well, by "won't be added" I mean that I think it'll either get ignored, or some watered down version will be added filled with flaws in months, maybe even years... right after they've released another 16 arcade updates and a few disco pants in the Vanity Items menu.

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
Well, by "won't be added" I mean that I think it'll either get ignored, or some watered down version will be added filled with flaws in months, maybe even years... right after they've released another 16 arcade updates and a few disco pants in the Vanity Items menu.
I heard something about Speed being originially something different compared to what it is now and that people ranted about it not being what they wanted, haven't completely looked into all the details of that yet, but this story does match up with what you say about 'or some watered down version will be added filled with flaws', I don't know how this could be watered down (mainly cause i haven't given it any thought yet), but i absolutely hope this will not be the case cause that would be a shame.

right after they've released another 16 arcade updates and a few disco pants in the Vanity Items menu.
That's exactly how i also fear it might end up and which is why i think the development team is maybe focusing a bit too much on the unimportant stuff, not saying arcade games aren't fun and all, but if one of their big(gest actually i'm pretty sure), popular, player-attracting game is in need of an update (which many people have already stated that they think it should get at this point, and not just some silly aesthetic change smh (i mean its cool but like c'mon)) and is being offered a good valid option for a pretty big Eggwars update that could possibly keep the game fresh for another 2 years (or maybe even longer, who the f knows), then it would seem really really silly to me if they'd ignore it and first crank out these arcade updates before doing anything with Eggwars, even though Eggwars still has one of the biggest influences playercountwise (along what seems to be lucky islands and skywars). Now of course there are multiple excuses for this and i understand that (will not go into that cause it would only elongate this post even further), but still, when one of your big games, attracting the most players, is in need / is being offered something that could make it even better, then i don't think these excuses would pale in comparision to that need/offer and i believe that Eggwars/a big game should be priority in that case.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpankMeSanta

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
You say all the islands have to defend it to stay alive, that's true, but I doubt that will actually happen in game.
That's up for speculation. My guess would be that, given the players on that alliance would be made clear to that they only have one egg, they would defend it, i mean most casual players (which is the majority of players) or less-skilled players (also majority), in my experience, seem more inclined to take a more defensive approach and want to keep their egg alive at all cost. The outcome to this could obviously differ depending on person to person; but i think the majority would do alright.

Now I would honestly LOVE to play this. You are still solo on your own island, with your egg, generators, defense, etc. but also still in an alliance. This is really what an alliance is, individuals bound together to find against the shared enemy.
You can still have your own tactics here (midcamp, defending, upgrading your generators, rushing, etc.), but you also gotta care about your alliance-mates.
All you described about this would be the same though with teams instead of just solo. But i understand where you're coming from, since you stated this before:
(This is just about me) I hate team eggwars, I only play it with friends in party. Now as stone member I usually don't play much team eggwars. I am pretty sure I would never have enough friends online to actually fill up a 'team of teams', so I would have to play with random teammates. *Making sounds of extreme annoyance about great teammates*
so i can definitely understand why you would prefer something like this. To me right now, it seems like you actually DO really like the thought of this concept (i mean you kinda also gave it away by saying: "Now I would honestly LOVE to play this.", so there's also that), it's just your concerns about having to work together with random teammates (it seems) that's preventing you to be fully on-board with this idea; which is alright. Am i correct? Or atleast pretty close.

From your elaboration I read that the alliances all have different setups in 1 game: 1 general egg, individual eggs, etc.
I think that's just too unfair, and no compensation would make this fair. 1 egg vs more eggs is just unfair for the 1 egg, because if that's gone they all can be eliminated. And that's only the first disadvantage, I could name a lot more.
Really? Not even if we put a lot more players on that one island (which as you've probably noticed, is the compensation i first off used in that example), i mean it would make it a lot harder to lose that egg in that case if you simply add more players to that island (like with the 1 egg 1 island example --> 12 players, that's more then on rome/mansion, it should suffice fairly in my eyes). If necessary, maps could also be made in a way that favours certain alliances that would be in need for it.

I could name a lot more.
Go ahead, i'm curious, i'll welcome it with open arms. Personally really enjoying the discussion.

There can very good be different setups for this, but in 1 game all alliances should have the same setup in my opinion.
I disagree, while i don't think it has to be as wild and crazy as the example i used in my elaboration, i would like to see some sort of cool mixups here and there every now and then with a map, i think it would add to the strategy aspect and spice things up and therefore providing more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Cool member appreciation moment!:D 💙
ElFlxen_ wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thanks for everything! :cubie:
ElFlxen_ wrote on mitgobla's profile.
Thanks for everything! :c
UncleSpect wrote on s4mways's profile.
thanks for the follow! 🎈
Asking... Schedule meetings... Writing questions... Recording... Editing... Rendering... Before preparations... Finished:D Redo! Asking... A system I have built up while working on the Sapphire Interviews Series!:D More videos and more info will come!
Top Bottom