Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
Hello people of CubeCraft!,

So listen up. I came up with a lil idea for a different Gamemode variation for Eggwars that i myself consider to be pretty neat and would definitely consider trying out / playing with. I'll try to explain it clearly (even though it really isn't that complicated, which makes it thus the more great!). Btw, i'm not sharing this idea out of a 'need for' or dissatisfaction with the current gamemodes we have now (Normal: team - solo. Speed: team - solo), i'm sharing this purely because i believe it might have some potential and isn't that hard to implement in the current system of Eggwars Teams (either Normal or Speed, doesn't matter, same for both)

Please keep in mind though, that this is just the MAIN CONCEPT, it's just a 'draft' so far. If positive feedback or tips will be received, this will definetely become a more fleshed out idea with more extra's and stuff.

So. Here's the idea:

Very short version: allied teams

Longer more explained version:

Name (ideas): 'Crossteam mode' or 'Mega Teams' or 'Allies' (just thinking of a cool name now, Staff could perhaps come up with a better more original name if they feel like it):

Concept: Same setup as with Normal Team Eggwars, only now, individual seperate teams are allied, but still stay seperate teams each with their own egg, (So a team with 2 eggs basically, or more, depending on the amount teams making up one team). what i mean by that is that for example on the map Aztec (where you have 6 vs 6 vs 6 vs 6), you could have 6 - 6 vs 6 - 6, so le'ts say Yellow and Blue vs Red and Green. Simple as that.

In this scenario it's basically turned the gamemode 'Teams' into a gamemode with 'Teams' and 'Squads'. Going back to my example, Aztec; here it would mean that the seperate team of 6 would be a so called 'squad' and the combination of those 2 squads (so 2 seperate teams, 6 + 6 = 12 players) would be the real 'team'.

Now, instead of just combining 2 teams, you could also go a little more crazy and make a team consisting of 3 seperate teams!, This could work especially well on big maps divided in multiple smaller teams (prefered maps would be: big maps with 9 or 12 seperate teams for making a team out of 3 separate teams of course) I believe this 'crossteam mode' would be a great idea for already existing big maps like Teaparty/Mushrooms/Dwarven/Garden/Haunted or maybe even newly made customized maps designed specifically for this new team setup.

Now one thing of note would be that the seperate teams that form the real, bigger teams should keep having their own egg, making the gamemode/gameplay more interesting, otherwise it’s also kind of the same as just having a few big teams. Nonono, the interesting part in this idea lies in the fact that, to eliminate one team, you’ll have to take out each seperate ‘squad’ (each with their own egg) of that team to completely eliminate the team. So like i explained here, you can pretty much say this is exactly like crossteaming, only now, it’s legal and actually encouraged. Now of course it’s somewhat annoying to go up against crossteamers on your own, but this changes when you’re crossteamed yourself with other teams aswell.

Examples:
Teaparty: (40players total) (has 8 teams of 5players): 4 teams of 2 teams / 2 teams of 4 teams
Mushrooms: (40players total) (has 8 teams of 5players): 4 teams of 2 teams / 2 teams of 4 teams
Storm: (24players total) (has 12 teams of 2): 6 teams of 2 teams / 3 teams of 4 teams / 2 teams of 6
Pizza: (16players total) (has 8 teams of 2): 4 teams of 2 teams / 2 teams of 4 teams
I'll stop now.

I do have to say though that for this gamemode to work at its best, we'll need more big maps divided into small teams

Possible problems with this idea and fixes to them (will add more as discussion below continues):
- Not being able to recognize well who your allies and enemies are
Fix: Give everyone in one team very similiar colours. Put some kind of scoreboard up that makes it easier to distinguish. Give players a tag above their heads showing their team.
- Toxic players breaking egg defenses of other allied islands
Fix: not found yet. Possible fix could be that only the members of the island of that given egg could break the blocks placed around the egg, not the other islands of the team. Although i think this might cause frustrating situations and inconveniences. Then again, is this really a big deal? They're in Normal Teams and Speed Teams aswell. Besides, how often do you even encounter really toxic players, i personally, not so often. If it is a problem, i think it might just be something that we have to accept, i mean we could also accept it with other games/gamemodes, this should be no exception in that regard.

Extra (more in depth) additional ideas (will add more as discussion below continues):
- The last remaining winning team fights it out. The islands (that remained) of the team that survived and won, fight it out. The winning island of this fight gains extra points, while the lost islands (of the winning team, aside from the islands that died off before the team won) still receive a good amount of points for being on the winning team.

Sidenote: the final deathmatch between the winning islands needs to be balanced in some way gear wise. If the islands would fight it out with their own gear they made in the game it could cause islands of the same team to sabotage each other (breaking their allies' bridges for example) to prevent their fellow islands from becoming too well geared so they might have the advantage gear wise when they fight in the island deatmatch. My suggestion would be: delete all items and in turn give them equal gear and items. This would prevent sabotage between allied islands and would also prevent the fight from being one sided.

I'd make this deathmatch between the winning islands more fast paced since it should be seen more as a sort of 'extra event' for bonus points and not the main thing of the game (imo). The means through i would make it more fast paced could be stuff like: speed pots, delete the eggs so everyone has only one life, give crazy items like enderpearls, fireballs and eggs that would generate bridges to the point you throw them (hypixel eggs from bedwars), give strong weapons and weaker armor; (maybe even: teleport players to a deathmatch arena and remove the whole 'have to bridge to the other island' aspect all together).

- Each 'squad' (or island, however you wanna call it) gets their own strengths and weaknesses or their own items to purchase, therefore each island/squad would have to play it in a smart strategic way according to their own strenghts and weaknesses.

Sidenote: if i were to include this in my idea, i would keep the strenghts and weaknesses of each island minor, or just do strenghts instead of weaknesses and strenghts, i know that it's most of the times better to buff something in a game (a game in general actually) than it is to nerf something; buffs normally add to the fun while nerfs normally reduce it. Feeling more inclined to just add strenghts. Also, as much as i want this to feel new and fresh and have a different dynamic to it, i also want to keep it somewhat simple and not too complicated. So perhaps some minor tweaks, maybe some item cost changes (have one squad be able to buy blocks and food cheaper), or some weapon buffs (Sharpness 1 on every weapon you buy, swords and axes), or even an island where everyone is given some permanent potion effect (like Haste 1), the more i think about it, the more potential i can see in it. This could for example be something that could be an extra thing that could be voted for, or be the same as with kits and that you can buy them (although the buffs then become more individual)

Conclusion:
I feel that this new gamemode could offer many possibilities regarding team design (making 4 teams each made out of 2 teams / making 3 teams each made out of 3 teams / making 2 teams each made out of 5 teams / making 6 teams each made out of 2 teams. Etc. Etc.). And i also believe this would add a nice new, fresh air to the current team system and would possibly make for an interesting and dynamic new gamemode.

Thank you for reading my long take/explanation on my idea :)

Please leave your opinions down below on this, i’m curious to hear what you all think of this.

Also if you have any questions about it or things that aren’t clear for you, feel free to ask

This post will keep being updated with the latest feedback/ideas received for atleast 10 days, so if you want to stay tuned with the future developments of this idea then be sure to revisit this thread/post!

- If you maybe have anything to add to the idea yourself, please, feel free to share! i'm open to any tips or ideas
that will potentially improve it. -

Lastly, DONT FORGET TO VOTE!

~FartiliciousManChild

(a.k.a. Epicfartofdoom (in game))

Last edited:

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Hello people of CubeCraft!,

So listen up. I came up with a lil idea for a different Gamemode variation for Eggwars that i myself consider to be pretty neat and would definitely consider trying out / playing with. I'll try to explain it clearly (even though it really isn't that complicated, which makes it thus the more great!). Btw, i'm not sharing this idea out of a 'need for' or dissatisfaction with the current gamemodes we have now (Normal: team - solo. Speed: team - solo), i'm sharing this purely because i believe it might have some potential and isn't that hard to implement in the current system of Eggwars Teams (either Normal or Speed, doesn't matter, same for both)

Please keep in mind though, that this is just the MAIN CONCEPT, it's just a 'draft' so far. If positive feedback or tips will be received, this will definetely become a more fleshed out idea with more extra's and stuff.

So. Here's the idea:

Very short version: allied teams

Longer more explained version:

Name (ideas): 'Crossteam mode' or 'Mega Teams' or 'Allies' (just thinking of a cool name now, Staff could perhaps come up with a better more original name if they feel like it):

Concept: Same setup as with Normal Team Eggwars, only now, individual seperate teams are allied, but still stay seperate teams each with their own egg, (So a team with 2 eggs basically, or more, depending on the amount teams making up one team). what i mean by that is that for example on the map Aztec (where you have 6 vs 6 vs 6 vs 6), you could have 6 - 6 vs 6 - 6, so le'ts say Yellow and Blue vs Red and Green. Simple as that.

In this scenario it's basically turned the gamemode 'Teams' into a gamemode with 'Teams' and 'Squads'. Going back to my example, Aztec; here it would mean that the seperate team of 6 would be a so called 'squad' and the combination of those 2 squads (so 2 seperate teams, 6 + 6 = 12 players) would be the real 'team'.

Now, instead of just combining 2 teams, you could also go a little more crazy and make a team consisting of 3 seperate teams!, This could work especially well on big maps divided in multiple smaller teams (prefered maps would be: big maps with 9 or 12 seperate teams for making a team out of 3 separate teams of course) I believe this 'crossteam mode' would be a great idea for already existing big maps like Teaparty/Mushrooms/Dwarven/Garden/Haunted or maybe even newly made customized maps designed specifically for this new team setup.

Now one thing of note would be that the seperate teams that form the real, bigger teams should keep having their own egg, making the gamemode/gameplay more interesting, otherwise it’s also kind of the same as just having a few big teams. Nonono, the interesting part in this idea lies in the fact that, to eliminate one team, you’ll have to take out each seperate ‘squad’ (each with their own egg) of that team to completely eliminate the team. So like i explained here, you can pretty much say this is exactly like crossteaming, only now, it’s legal and actually encouraged. Now of course it’s somewhat annoying to go up against crossteamers on your own, but this changes when you’re crossteamed yourself with other teams aswell.

Examples:
Teaparty: (40players total) (has 8 teams of 5players): 4 teams of 2 teams / 2 teams of 4 teams
Mushrooms: (40players total) (has 8 teams of 5players): 4 teams of 2 teams / 2 teams of 4 teams
Storm: (24players total) (has 12 teams of 2): 6 teams of 2 teams / 3 teams of 4 teams / 2 teams of 6
Pizza: (16players total) (has 8 teams of 2): 4 teams of 2 teams / 2 teams of 4 teams
I'll stop now.

I do have to say though that for this gamemode to work at its best, we'll need more big maps divided into smals teams

Conclusion:
I feel that this new gamemode could offer many possibilities regarding team design (making 4 teams each made out of 2 teams / making 3 teams each made out of 3 teams / making 2 teams each made out of 5 teams / making 6 teams each made out of 2 teams. Etc. Etc.). And i also believe this would add a nice new, fresh air to the current team system and would possibly make for an interesting and dynamic new gamemode.

Thank you for reading my long take/explanation on my idea :)

Please leave your opinions down below on this, i’m curious to hear what you all think of this.

Also if you have any questions about it or things that aren’t clear for you, feel free to ask

- If you maybe have anything to add to the idea yourself, please, feel free to share! i'm open to any tips or ideas
that will potentially improve it. -

Lastly, DONT FORGET TO VOTE!

~FartiliciousManChild

(a.k.a. Epicfartofdoom (in game))
I disagree as eggwars is a great game already and I dislike this idea because cross teaming is just not fun and it would bring unfair advantages

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
Ye, to hopefully reach more people. the 'Suggestions' forumsection seems to be more broad and therefore have more people looking in it consistently, plus it seems like a better place to put up my suggestion since it's called 'suggestions'. We'll see if you're right though. Perhaps. Although i personally predict a somewhat broader and bigger audience here.

ChillyTree

Mar 15, 2017
I do like the idea, though I think it just doesn't fit with Eggwars already. I'm not talking about the maps, more so about the community and players. What you are suggesting right now is "cross teaming without getting banned". I would love to see a system with allies, but how would it really play out? Players could sabotage their allies by breaking their blocks around the eggs. Not only that, but it would get really confusing to remember and see which ally is which. Good idea, just not the right type of qualities this server needs in a game.

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
Hmmm.. So the main thing i've been able to conclude from the feedback i've gotten so far: i need to fleshen this idea out a little bit more. í get some people who instantly seem to like it, a few who just don't like it, and then there are also a few that seem to like it, but need something more to give it a convinced 'yes'.
I'll work on it.

Reactions: ChillyTree

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
I do like the idea, though I think it just doesn't fit with Eggwars already. I'm not talking about the maps, more so about the community and players. What you are suggesting right now is "cross teaming without getting banned". I would love to see a system with allies, but how would it really play out? Players could sabotage their allies by breaking their blocks around the eggs. Not only that, but it would get really confusing to remember and see which ally is which. Good idea, just not the right type of qualities this server needs in a game.

Yea, i get your point. I'm thinking of something that would prevent toxic players doing their..ya know...Toxic activities. About the distingiushability, check my initial suggestion again. I've added a Problems and fixes sort of section, i described some ways on how to fix that issue there.

Reactions: ChillyTree

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
I do like the idea, though I think it just doesn't fit with Eggwars already. I'm not talking about the maps, more so about the community and players. What you are suggesting right now is "cross teaming without getting banned". I would love . to see a system with allies, but how would it really play out? Players could sabotage their allies by breaking their blocks around the eggs. Not only that, but it would get really confusing to remember and see which ally is which. Good idea, just not the right type of qualities this server needs in a game.
I've been thinking about your point about toxic players and have come to the conclusion that there's very likely not much to worry about. Let me elaborate. Toxic players are everywhere, not just eggwars, or in this new gamemode idea of mine, They're in Normal Teams and Speed Teams aswell. Besides, how often do you really even encounter really toxic players, i personally, not so often. If it is a problem, i think it might just be something that we have to accept, i mean we could also accept it with other games/gamemodes, this should be no exception in that regard.

PuDDingMaSter

Jun 13, 2016
behind you
i think your idea is good. maybe in each squad each team should have their own strengths and weaknesses or their own items to purchase. therefore each squad needs to play it smart to each teams strengths

FartiliciousMaleGuy

Dedicated Member
Oct 14, 2017
under your bed
i think your idea is good. maybe in each squad each team should have their own strengths and weaknesses or their own items to purchase. therefore each squad needs to play it smart to each teams strengths
i like the idea on surface level. Could be something that can be played with. i'll think about it. Will add to my Extra (more in depth) additional ideas.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Eli
Is it time for SkyWars to retire from Java? :despair:
Kazwa wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Thanks for the follow ^^
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #46- Ants don’t have lungs. They instead breathe through spiracles, nine or ten tiny openings, depending on the species.
woohoo!! 120.80 released and whenever i go into cubecraft my signature skin turns into a steve or alex but in worlds its there!!! thanks mojang now i cant have my skin while playing cubecraft
Top Bottom