Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Anyone else play Eggwars in VR? I play Oculus Rift on Win10.

I've mentioned it loads in chat but don't think I've come across anyone else yet... FWIW it's awesome and I wouldn't bother playing it any other way now.

Cheers
I did play it, however not very long because its technically cheating, you have specific advantages that VR gives you due to limitations of the hardware. Such as step, you dont have to jump up blocks.

It was pretty fun, but also really scary because when a player runs at you he looks like a truck moving 70mph and its impossible not to flinch.

Starry

Forum Expert
Oct 24, 2016
Belgium
I never tried that, but it sounds really fun. Would be fun to do it in the future though.

ProfParzival

May 6, 2019
London, UK
www.youtube.com
I did play it, however not very long because its technically cheating, you have specific advantages that VR gives you due to limitations of the hardware. Such as step, you dont have to jump up blocks.

It was pretty fun, but also really scary because when a player runs at you he looks like a truck moving 70mph and its impossible not to flinch.

Yeah it can definitely be scary... My daughter wouldn't play Minecraft VR for a while as looking behind you and seeing a Zombie was quite an experience!

You say "technically it's cheating"... isn't that like for example saying that getting a faster PC is technically cheating, or using mouse input over and above joystick or Xbox controller could give an advantage? In VR there are also limitations... For example I've seen people speed bridge (sometimes at incredible speeds) using normal PC / Xbox but it seems it's impossible to do it in VR. So IMHO there are upsides and downsides to all different platforms and it's not really the fault of the gamer. My daughter plays it on an iPad but when she tried to play it on Switch she found it to be far more limited in terms of movement. So unless you can make all platforms equal then aren't we just saying that unless you are playing on a common denominator then you're cheating.. Personally I don't think that's helpful.

I also play Elite Dangerous and would agree that dog fighting in VR is a huge advantage to non-VR but tbh I still get wasted easily by other players that are far better than I.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Yeah it can definitely be scary... My daughter wouldn't play Minecraft VR for a while as looking behind you and seeing a Zombie was quite an experience!

You say "technically it's cheating"... isn't that like for example saying that getting a faster PC is technically cheating, or using mouse input over and above joystick or Xbox controller could give an advantage? In VR there are also limitations... For example I've seen people speed bridge (sometimes at incredible speeds) using normal PC / Xbox but it seems it's impossible to do it in VR. So IMHO there are upsides and downsides to all different platforms and it's not really the fault of the gamer. My daughter plays it on an iPad but when she tried to play it on Switch she found it to be far more limited in terms of movement. So unless you can make all platforms equal then aren't we just saying that unless you are playing on a common denominator then you're cheating.. Personally I don't think that's helpful.

I also play Elite Dangerous and would agree that dog fighting in VR is a huge advantage to non-VR but tbh I still get wasted easily by other players that are far better than I.
It was technically cheating because it had a cheat from a hacked client in it to help VR users navigate, the speed bridging is also an issue because in this specific case I was actually playing on Java, not W10 so its meant for PCs and not VR.

ProfParzival

May 6, 2019
London, UK
www.youtube.com
It was technically cheating because it had a cheat from a hacked client in it to help VR users navigate,
I don't really understand what you mean.. are you talking about the toggle to auto go up steps? Personally I think that can be a hindrance too as it helps you to fall off in directions you're not looking. Not sure what you mean by hacked client..? it's the official Microsoft bedrock client for Windows 10 that I play personally.

the speed bridging is also an issue because in this specific case I was actually playing on Java, not W10 so its meant for PCs and not VR.

Ah.. I've only ever played bedrock.

Also I often play on GearVR and I can assure that there are some rather large disadvantages of doing so.. In some maps you can only see as far as part of another Islands and it's as slow as an old dog on a Samsung S8. So horses for courses as with all other platforms.. still great fun though.

Kquirim

Jul 24, 2019
If that is something then i would just sell my computer for the VR Headset for the ULTIMATE experience lmao

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

This might be one of the weirdest excuses I have seen after killing someone.

2024-03-28_23.34.25.png
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom