Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you like the PvP

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dec 7, 2016
America
www.youtube.com
I've seen a lot of debates about the systems, so I'm here to ask which you prefer. Please be kind and explain why in the comments, and please don't just say "1.9/1.8 takes no skill and is bad" Because that's not a reason. Try to explain, and enjoy. No arguments please. It's opinions and we have to respect thta!

Reactions: DragonSan

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
Personally I like 1.8 PvP because it's easier to work with and I'm like used to it. I do think that 1.8 pvp requires fast clicking while 1.9 is more strategic, you have to aim right, let the cooldown run, working with shields and dual wielding, 1.8 however is much more simple, some people like it, some people hate it.

lil naz x

Nov 12, 2016
england
Personally I like 1.8 PvP because it's easier to work with and I'm like used to it. I do think that 1.8 pvp requires fast clicking while 1.9 is more strategic, you have to aim right, let the cooldown run, working with shields and dual wielding, 1.8 however is much more simple, some people like it, some people hate it.
I agree since me and my friend are very different, She LOVES 1,8 and I LOVE 1.9, but we respect each other's opinions.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Overall I like 1.9-1.11 melee combat better. Having crits actually be worth it rather than an easy way to get yourself comboed was a huge plus for me. Also the regen in 1.9 makes getting cleaned up a bit harder. Also opening up more strategies with axes and of handing was a great change too.

But

1.8 bows are so much better :P

♡♡♡♡

Reactions: HackersDontWin

Henkle

Novice Member
Dec 18, 2016
your mom lmao xDDD
www.nsa.gov
i like both, but the downside of 1.9 pvp is that it requires less skill. get hit by 2 lucky crits and boom you're dead.
honestly to me there's not that big of a difference between the two other than in 1.8 you click fast and thats it. as long as your aim is good, you have a high chance of winning.
also 1.9 isn't 100% gear-based. you can easily defeat someone with much better gear than you just by being better at pvp

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
i like both, but the downside of 1.9 pvp is that it requires less skill. get hit by 2 lucky crits and boom you're dead.
honestly to me there's not that big of a difference between the two other than in 1.8 you click fast and thats it. as long as your aim is good, you have a high chance of winning.
also 1.9 isn't 100% gear-based. you can easily defeat someone with much better gear than you just by being better at pvp
Why would 1.9 require less skills? To me it's not much of a difference besides having good aim and how to time your hits. You can get crit twice in 1.8 and you're dead. So I don't...

Henkle

Novice Member
Dec 18, 2016
your mom lmao xDDD
www.nsa.gov
Why would 1.9 require less skills? To me it's not much of a difference besides having good aim and how to time your hits. You can get crit twice in 1.8 and you're dead. So I don't...
crits in 1.8 are useless cause you can get easily combo'd if you try them
in 1.9 they're 90% luck-based and deal way too much damage

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
crits in 1.8 are useless cause you can get easily combo'd if you try them
in 1.9 they're 90% luck-based and deal way too much damage
I find that very incorrect, most players in potion pvp wouldn't use criticals or such, but in kit pvp, survival games, and more... It is pretty useful. Although it is more necessary in 1.9 because of the limiting amount of damage you can do at a time + person's regeneration.

Henkle

Novice Member
Dec 18, 2016
your mom lmao xDDD
www.nsa.gov
I find that very incorrect, most players in potion pvp wouldn't use criticals or such, but in kit pvp, survival games, and more... It is pretty useful. Although it is more necessary in 1.9 because of the limiting amount of damage you can do at a time + person's regeneration.
if i'm not mistaken crits do double damage. now with 1.8 pvp you don't have to be as careful with the timing of your hits so if someone's jumping you can easily hit them and with 1.8 having much more knockback (especially while in mid-air) jumping is a really bad idea if you're trying to get as many hits in as possible.
in 1.9 getting crits requires no skill and it's all luck based.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
in 1.9 getting crits requires no skill and it's all luck based.
crits arent a chance thing you have to hit while falling and have your aim right like any other hit. Also they are much easier to dodge than normal hits as the player limits their reach by jumping in the air. (which is why the cause you to get comboed so easily in 1.8)

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
now with 1.8 pvp you don't have to be as careful with the timing of your hits so if someone's jumping you can easily hit them and with 1.8 having much more knockback (especially while in mid-air) jumping is a really bad idea if you're trying to get as many hits in as possible.
That's the thing isn't it? A player who knows what he/she is doing can use this to their advantage. BUT their are multiple scenarios. Either the player you are playing against just jumps around constantly and all, that kind of player you can easily hit. A player who knows how to get crits in and avoid getting hit makes the whole concept of critical useful. Although I don't have any video or of such, I have had some intense matches against people who know how to get crits in and still pvp great. For example, you might want to come to 1.8 FFA and hopefully look for SorryNoTortilla, or occasionally BlockMasterFC. They know what they are doing.

But now on to other small advantages you can take of the map itself. The maps are not completely flat. In fact, they are really hilly and such (which in my opinion is a nuisance). For example in Savanna (FFA) although it has a lot of flat land (good for pvp), it rises occasionally. If you were chasing someone, time your hits (because timing is also important).

Or if you were using crits at close range, the player most likely won't be knocked back to far giving you an advantage. Overall my point... critical are important.

Henkle

Novice Member
Dec 18, 2016
your mom lmao xDDD
www.nsa.gov
crits arent a chance thing you have to hit while falling and have your aim right like any other hit. Also they are much easier to dodge than normal hits as the player limits their reach by jumping in the air. (which is why the cause you to get comboed so easily in 1.8)
yea i thought crits were caused by falling but i never hit crits when jumping or falling in 1.9

_Adept

Jan 14, 2017
a small but cosy bedroom
I feel like 1.9 is very underrated by most, although we lost the fast paced huge combo game from 1.8 we now have to have perfect timing, accuracy and use of secondaries in order to make out plays.
In 1.8 out plays tended to be you get someone in a crazy combo and they just won't be able to come back, which takes it's own skill set don't get me wrong but it can feel a little unfair at times.

TK_Forest

Sep 9, 2016
UK
bit.ly
I've seen a lot of debates about the systems, so I'm here to ask which you prefer. Please be kind and explain why in the comments, and please don't just say "1.9/1.8 takes no skill and is bad" Because that's not a reason. Try to explain, and enjoy. No arguments please. It's opinions and we have to respect thta!
I really like 1.8 PVP and am not so keen on 1.9 PVP because i got really good at clicking fast and then 1.9 is more strategic and i liked 1.8 because you could just click as fast as you wanted and you didn't have to aim as much and it wasn't that bad if you missed a hit.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I really like 1.8 PVP and am not so keen on 1.9 PVP because i got really good at clicking fast and then 1.9 is more strategic and i liked 1.8 because you could just click as fast as you wanted and you didn't have to aim as much and it wasn't that bad if you missed a hit.

That, my friend is so incorrect.
I feel like 1.9 is very underrated by most, although we lost the fast paced huge combo game from 1.8 we now have to have perfect timing, accuracy and use of secondaries in order to make out plays.
In 1.8 out plays tended to be you get someone in a crazy combo and they just won't be able to come back, which takes it's own skill set don't get me wrong but it can feel a little unfair at times.
Secondaries is also used in 1.8.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Top Bottom