Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should Blastballs be nerfed?

• Total voters

Aveezz The OG

Novice Member
Jul 22, 2020
Denmark
Now, I know you're reading this title and clicking this post with the idea in mind to type "Skill issue" or "It's part of the game deal with it" but genuinely, the Blastballs in eggwars are either super overpowered whilst being inconsistent, or game changing with no chance of diversity in playstyles.

Here's my view of blastballs;
I've been playing CubeCraft and EggWars for coming to 8-9 years now, and it's really dull with this new TNT and Blastball meta. You can be the best player in the world by some vision, but if you don't have tnt and fireballs (And feathers - they should cost emeralds) you can lose to a guy who just installed the game for the first time, based on the inconsistency of the fireballs.
In my experience of both getting yeeted by blastballs, but trying to yeet others, they barely work half the time, and compared to the old fireballs that were available especially whilst 1.8 was open, they're really boring to play against / with.

Now, I suggested this because I miss diversity in the gamemode, and it has really turnt into an items > skill gamemode, which I find unfun, along with many other grinders (Especially those who are trying to return from 1.8 to 1.19, their first notice is how unplayable blastballs and TNTs are in this meta) I believe that they should either be nerfed massively, or atleast made consistent, if not removed as a whole.

Now, please give a constructive opinion on this, and not just "Learn to play the game" or "Deal with it" I'd love to hear actual thoughts, and not just hate towards me being too "bad" to play against it.

View this thread with diversity of available playstyles in mind

asqsk

Novice Member
Apr 16, 2023
Pronouns
He/Him
Now, I know you're reading this title and clicking this post with the idea in mind to type "Skill issue" or "It's part of the game deal with it" but genuinely, the Blastballs in eggwars are either super overpowered whilst being inconsistent, or game changing with no chance of diversity in playstyles.

Here's my view of blastballs;
I've been playing CubeCraft and EggWars for coming to 8-9 years now, and it's really dull with this new TNT and Blastball meta. You can be the best player in the world by some vision, but if you don't have tnt and fireballs (And feathers - they should cost emeralds) you can lose to a guy who just installed the game for the first time, based on the inconsistency of the fireballs.
In my experience of both getting yeeted by blastballs, but trying to yeet others, they barely work half the time, and compared to the old fireballs that were available especially whilst 1.8 was open, they're really boring to play against / with.

Now, I suggested this because I miss diversity in the gamemode, and it has really turnt into an items > skill gamemode, which I find unfun, along with many other grinders (Especially those who are trying to return from 1.8 to 1.19, their first notice is how unplayable blastballs and TNTs are in this meta) I believe that they should either be nerfed massively, or atleast made consistent, if not removed as a whole.

Now, please give a constructive opinion on this, and not just "Learn to play the game" or "Deal with it" I'd love to hear actual thoughts, and not just hate towards me being too "bad" to play against it.

View this thread with diversity of available playstyles in mind
It's normal i think

Blom

Forum Expert
Sep 12, 2018
MinerWare Town
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I would love to see blastballs being more consistent. Even though I don't play EggWars as much as before, I've noticed the same.

Blastballs however are already nerfed quite a lot. With a reload time after you shoot a blastball, the double/triple blastball tactic became completely invalid, which is a great thing. The knockback is quite a lot, but I don't feel like they are overpowered in the meta. Sure, they can become a bit more expensive, but that's not gonna stop players from buying them anyways. That would be fine, I guess. The only real change of your suggested changes I stand by fully is the consistency of the blastballs.

Aveezz The OG

Novice Member
Jul 22, 2020
Denmark
I would love to see blastballs being more consistent. Even though I don't play EggWars as much as before, I've noticed the same.

Blastballs however are already nerfed quite a lot. With a reload time after you shoot a blastball, the double/triple blastball tactic became completely invalid, which is a great thing. The knockback is quite a lot, but I don't feel like they are overpowered in the meta. Sure, they can become a bit more expensive, but that's not gonna stop players from buying them anyways. That would be fine, I guess. The only real change of your suggested changes I stand by fully is the consistency of the blastballs.
I see your point, but looking back to when punch bows were meta, they wouldnt make you die to fall damage nor knock you hundreds of blocks.
Back then punch bows were OP but i actually sit and wish for them to be the main meta now

Kazwa

Sr. Moderator ♡
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Feb 23, 2020
Sweden ♡
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey! First of all, I do understand your point of view that skills is becoming somewhat less important due to items like for example the blastballs. However I personally like the blastballs as how they are right now, as they reduce endless fights, which I find quite boring. There's also ways to counter blastballs, by leap feathers etc/considering where you fight to not get blasted into the void.

Now, I suggested this because I miss diversity in the gamemode, and it has really turnt into an items > skill gamemode, which I find unfun, along with many other grinders
I also have to disagree with this making the gamemode less diverse, I would rather say that it adds more diversity to the game, it allows more playstyles and strategic thinking, rather than pure pvp skills. I do also personally still see a lot of "normal" pvp fights as well so I wouldn't really say that it's completely gamebreaking and doesn't completely remove the skills needed to win a game.

We do also have to keep in mind that the majority of players are not grinding the gamemode or necessarily good at pvp, so giving them a more fair chance to win vs "better" players, might make the gamemode more fun for the majority of players. (There are speculations, I'm not sure what the majority likes more.)

What I want to say with this is that even though skills might become less important in some fights, it still has impact while playing the game.

I think in order to remove or heavily nerf blastballs there would have to be an entire item/durability update as there would pretty much only be endless fights, with armour not breaking as easily anymore.

Lastly, I also want to make clear, these are completely my own opinions and I am in no way talking for the CubeCraft team. :)

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
I think Cubecraft should nerf/fix blastballs ability to kill enemy in one hit. I don't know how, but you can just throw the blastball on certain spot near the player and it will kill the player instantly, which makes some fights unfair. There are some players who knows how to do it, and they use it all the time. You can watch the video below if you don't know what I'm talking about. You can see in the video that it was half health, but blastballs can one shot players similiarly even on normal health. Not sure if this is bug or intentional, since it has been a thing for a while now.

I don't have any problems with the knockback that blastballs deal, since it's still hard to use correctly, and like @Kazwa mentioned, you can use leap or some other item to save yourself from the fall damage.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Basketman wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom