Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on BlockWars modes, try to stay on topic!

How's the Blockwars Update?

• A lot better than I expected

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Better than I expected

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • What I expected

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Worse than I expected

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • A lot worse than I expected

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

hoppyfrog28_

Novice Member
Jun 5, 2023
da swamp
The Blockwars Update just came out and A LOT has changed. This post mentions all the main things that were modified. This is less of my opinions and more of the actual facts. Say what YOU think in the comments.

Bridges:

Blockwars Bridges received many changes, such as:
- 5v5 Blockwars has been transferred to 10v10
- Now given two extra stacks of wood planks as well as the customary stack of concrete (same for Bridges Duels)
- Now given 16 arrows instead of 3 (same for Bridges Duels)
- The length of the game is longer (same for Bridges Duels)
- Maps are much bigger
- Marketplace advertisements are located at both teams' spawns
- Iron block generators are now located around the maps
- Chests are now located around maps

Capture the Flag:

- 5v5 CTF has been transferred to 10v10
- 1v1 CTF has been replaced with 2v2

Giga Blockwars:

Technically this is a different update than the Blockwars Update, but I'm still putting it in here.

- NEW Gamemodes:
- Destroy the Core - Try to destroy the middle of the map with your team
- Deathmatch - Like Battle Arena, but with blocks!

Other:
- Lots of new maps
- New revamped lobby
- Non-related updates:
- Archived games like Winter Games' leaderboards have returned to the stats menu

My opinion:
I think that by making 5v5 Blockwars 10v10 and adding some specific features, CubeCraft made it feel a lot more like Giga Blockwars. 2v2 CTF is pretty good in my opinion, and I would love to see a 2v2 coming to Bridges as well, but maybe not replacing 1v1. As for the new lobby, I think it looks awesome.

What do you think of this update? Overall, the reactions to the Blockwars Update teaser were "Angry". If you were one of those people, have you changed your mind now that the update is out? Or has CubeCraft proved you right? Say your opinion in the comments. Remember to be honest - this is in game discussions, so no one can react with :disagree:

I left a lot of things out in this thread. I simply gave the main highlights. If you want to see more detail you can go to BlockWars Update News.
If there are other major things that I may have left out, please tell me!

Last edited:

QuackCorn100

Jan 23, 2024
In my opinion, the update is more of a popularity boost for CTF than an improvement to the game. I am especially upset about the PvP aspect of the game. It used to be based purely on skill, because everyone had the same armor and weapons; whoever was the most skilled was the best. So, for the past 2 to 2.5 years, I've been grinding my PvP ability, and playing no video game except CTF on CubeCraft. And I was exceptionally good at it. I would defeat nearly everyone who tried to fight me, and I earned that. But with the update, CubeCraft is encouraging the use of iron weapons/armor and putting chests all over the (huge) maps with enchanted loot in them. I am exceptionally skilled, yet I get beaten by everyone I fight, because they have all this gear I don't.

hoppyfrog28_

Novice Member
Jun 5, 2023
da swamp
In my opinion, the update is more of a popularity boost for CTF than an improvement to the game. I am especially upset about the PvP aspect of the game. It used to be based purely on skill, because everyone had the same armor and weapons; whoever was the most skilled was the best. So, for the past 2 to 2.5 years, I've been grinding my PvP ability, and playing no video game except CTF on CubeCraft. And I was exceptionally good at it. I would defeat nearly everyone who tried to fight me, and I earned that. But with the update, CubeCraft is encouraging the use of iron weapons/armor and putting chests all over the (huge) maps with enchanted loot in them. I am exceptionally skilled, yet I get beaten by everyone I fight, because they have all this gear I don't.
It definitely is not getting great reactions from the community. But then again, the 1.19 update also didn't at first and it turned out to actually not be as bad as people thought.

ElFlxen_

Oct 20, 2020
México
Pronouns
He/Him
In my case I was quite neutral about the 10vs10 change, what I disliked the most was converting CTF duels into 2vs2, however, my opinion of the Update improved with the new Giga modes, Destroy The Core is a good game

Reactions: hoppyfrog28_

CalvinxKlein

Jun 11, 2022
Punjab, India but I really wanna go to London
Pronouns
He/Him
The thing most people don't understand is that the CtF and Bridges community aka the Mains consists mostly of the Sweats 'n' Tryhards(me inc.)who are
Currently rebelling on Discord. But on the forums on the other hand consists more of the casual players. That's why there is less chaos here and then there's the anger of what happened to Eggwars. It's coming back to the player even after it settled down as we fear same might happen to CtF and Bridges

Fudgeamellow

Novice Member
Feb 10, 2021
The Blockwars Update just came out and A LOT has changed. This post mentions all the main things that were modified. This is less of my opinions and more of the actual facts. Say what YOU think in the comments.

Bridges:

Blockwars Bridges received many changes, such as:
- 5v5 Blockwars has been transferred to 10v10
- Now given two extra stacks of wood planks as well as the customary stack of concrete (same for Bridges Duels)
- Now given 16 arrows instead of 3 (same for Bridges Duels)
- The length of the game is longer (same for Bridges Duels)
- Maps are much bigger
- Marketplace advertisements are located at both teams' spawns
- Iron block generators are now located around the maps

Capture the Flag:

- 5v5 CTF has been transferred to 10v10
- 1v1 CTF has been replaced with 2v2

Giga Blockwars:

Technically this is a different update than the Blockwars Update, but I'm still putting it in here.

- NEW Gamemodes:
- Destroy the Core - Try to destroy the middle of the map with your team
- Deathmatch - Like Battle Arena, but with blocks!

Other:
- Lots of new maps
- New revamped lobby
- Non-related updates:
- Archived games like Winter Games' leaderboards have returned to the stats menu

My opinion:
I think that by making 5v5 Blockwars 10v10 and adding some specific features, CubeCraft made it feel a lot more like Giga Blockwars. 2v2 CTF is pretty good in my opinion, and I would love to see a 2v2 coming to Bridges as well, but maybe not replacing 1v1. As for the new lobby, I think it looks awesome.

What do you think of this update? Overall, the reactions to the Blockwars Update teaser were "Angry". If you were one of those people, have you changed your mind now that the update is out? Or has CubeCraft proved you right? Say your opinion in the comments. Remember to be honest - this is in game discussions, so no one can react with :disagree:

I left a lot of things out in this thread. I simply gave the main highlights. If you want to see more detail you can go to BlockWars Update News.
If there are other major things that I may have left out, please tell me

Fudgeamellow

Novice Member
Feb 10, 2021
I've been playing this game for years and years. This game used to be grindable and fun. The 2v2s was a good update but when that's the only option instead of a crash because my system can't handle it, then it becomes clear that the new update isn't good at all. The maps I've come to love have gone, all game sense for old players have gone. The maps for 2v2 were a copy and paste of the duel maps. It turns the game into a race than a game. There's less fun when it's a narrow map with one path to go one way and then another path to the other side. There's no seperate way to go that isn't able to be caught up to because you'll always be close to the other team. Parties of good players have become far more common so it's either you play with someone else as well or you go solo and just wait to inevitably be against two good players and then your teammate be playing for the first time. In my opinion the update wasn't good in any aspect. What's more is it destroyed the whole scrim community. The update may give a spike of players but inevitably it will become another boring game mode.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
qKhalidd wrote on camulos's profile.
happy birthday!
Casualpoalrbear wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats in helper. I know you do great

(Also nice change to your PFP)
Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
Top Bottom