Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2022
I don't know who at cubecraft thought it would be a good idea to add a bundle with literal pentagrams and exorcism?? Nor do I know how it managed to make it past Microsoft and get into the marketplace...

This bundle should be removed as it is highly offensive to people who are religious. that's very obvious of course. Young children also play on this server and do not need to be exposed to it. This bundle is causing more harm then good. It also doesn't make sense as this pack violates Microsofts TOS about religion and is very discriminative to religious people, they go ahead and add pentagrams but hit you with a 3 day ban if you cuss. The fact that they couldn't make cross gravestones because it was religious, but then go ahead and do this is beyond me.

This is truly what I would consider to be "buck wild"

Now on the cubecraft team needing to get it together. I find it incredibly ridiculous that they would demote and punish people for speaking out about this matter, and they way they handled it is completely unacceptable!!! Riftz was warned for being "disrespectful and toxic" even though it was essentially proved he did nothing wrong, what makes this even more evident is that the admin in question was refusing to tell Riftz what he did wrong, he was later demoted. Cubecraft, you really think it is okay to treat your loyal playerbase like this?

The main problem here is Cubecraft does not listen, and they don't care... they really never have... its sad...

They can't take criticism and they always try to cover any negativity up, they never try to resolve it...

I am really angry with this whole situation and needed to get this all off my chest...

Best wishes to Riftz, SoulMC, Van, slates, sgribl, and Wildd and anyone else affected

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
What harm are you going on about? Do you mean it is offensive to you? It's just cosmetics. I can't understand your point.
The devil goes against almost every single belief system in the world (except for the satanic cult), yet Cubecraft claims that’s it’s “appropriate for everyone” which is a complete and utter lie. This should not be on a kids server. Also, having something religious goes against Microsoft ToS.

Rocks1

Apr 5, 2022
Bunny Town
What harm are you going on about? Do you mean it is offensive to you? It's just cosmetics. I can't understand your point.
Kids are being exposed to Satanic stuff. As Reesle said this goes against a lot of Religions and this isn't the environment that Cubecraft should be putting its playerbase (little kids) in.
I don't know who at cubecraft thought it would be a good idea to add a bundle with literal pentagrams and exorcism?? Nor do I know how it managed to make it past Microsoft and get into the marketplace...

This bundle should be removed as it is highly offensive to people who are religious. that's very obvious of course. Young children also play on this server and do not need to be exposed to it. This bundle is causing more harm then good. It also doesn't make sense as this pack violates Microsofts TOS about religion and is very discriminative to religious people, they go ahead and add pentagrams but hit you with a 3 day ban if you cuss. The fact that they couldn't make cross gravestones because it was religious, but then go ahead and do this is beyond me.

This is truly what I would consider to be "buck wild"

Now on the cubecraft team needing to get it together. I find it incredibly ridiculous that they would demote and punish people for speaking out about this matter, and they way they handled it is completely unacceptable!!! Riftz was warned for being "disrespectful and toxic" even though it was essentially proved he did nothing wrong, what makes this even more evident is that the admin in question was refusing to tell Riftz what he did wrong, he was later demoted. Cubecraft, you really think it is okay to treat your loyal playerbase like this?

The main problem here is Cubecraft does not listen, and they don't care... they really never have... its sad...

They can't take criticism and they always try to cover any negativity up, they never try to resolve it...

I am really angry with this whole situation and needed to get this all off my chest...

Best wishes to Riftz, SoulMC, Van, slates, sgribl, and Wildd and anyone else affected
I completely agree with this suggestion, Cubecraft is a Minecraft server where your meant to have fun, stuff like Satanism shouldn't be allowed here.

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
I'm just going to drop this in here and my stance on this. If all of this content is already available on big child-friendly platforms, INCLUDING Minecraft and Roblox.. what difference does it make that we have a bundle about the theme? Thousands of content items are available around the pop-culture theme of demons and devils.

One little pack from us vs many different creators across multiple platforms and companies. The point I'm trying to make here is not to defend anyone; there has been miscommunication from both parties regarding what has happened over the last few days. Microsoft allows this stuff, and they approve of us creating it. If they approve of a pack for us to put on the network and we have the go-ahead, then we will release it.

1704399300165.png

1704399326320.png

1704399411302.png

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
I'm just going to drop this in here and my stance on this. If all of this content is already available on big child-friendly platforms, INCLUDING Minecraft and Roblox.. what difference does it make that we have a bundle about the theme? Thousands of content items are available around the pop-culture theme of demons and devils.

One little pack from us vs many different creators across multiple platforms and companies. The point I'm trying to make here is not to defend anyone; there has been miscommunication from both parties regarding what has happened over the last few days. Microsoft allows this stuff, and they approve of us creating it. If they approve of a pack for us to put on the network and we have the go-ahead, then we will release it.
Just because someone does it doesn't make it right. Elementary school stuff

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Personally I don’t mind the existence of the bundle, maybe it’s because I’m not religious, maybe it’s because demons and devils are overused and oversaturated in media to the point it’s barely accurate to biblical proportion. Regardless I respect peoples opinions and strongly encourage freedom to follow your beliefs reasonably, while I don’t fully consider this to be necessarily offensive to me, it can be to others. It becomes an even bigger issue when you look at the past Incidents involving religion and Cubecrafts handling of criticism.

First off, Cubecraft has holiday events named loosely to celebrate holidays while being inclusive to those who don’t celebrate the same, however Halloween is somewhat an exception, yet for some reason, crosses are deemed not appropriate. Religion or not, crosses have several meanings and appear all over the place, this decision was mixed, but if anyone remembers the church incident of 2020 you’ll also understand my next example. CubeCraft released an FFA map with a church. https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/huge-map-update.229034/ Now I can understand how this might not be ok with some people, however the church wasn't exactly meant to be used as a place to do anything but pvp or chill. Some people had genuine reasons for disaproving, but most were annoyed by all the silly things people were doing in it. At the time I though it was ridiculous to make such a big deal over a church which exists anywhere you go. You can’t demand a church not exist irl because you don’t like it, but if it’s added in a synthetic environment it could be viewed as a bias. Cubecraft should avoid being religion into their content but at the same, a generic cross won’t hurt anyone. As you can tell, I’m very neutral on that.

When we talk about the bundle it’s self, I think the concept is just off, it’s weird to promote the devil, exorcism, and pentagrams when crosses and churches are strictly prohibited. The devil egg skin is fine, its a cute egg, but personifying him and adding the rest just makes it seem like it promotes witchcraft or satanic worshipping. Even as someone neutral to religion I find that absurd.

Talking about CubeCraft and how they deal with criticism spans literally a decade and more. Recent examples include Beta Egg Wars, Egg Wars S2, both big changes, etc. Cube has found its self in many issued facing criticism and often deals with it poorly. Egg Wars Beta saw people’s comments being deleted and even people being warned or banned for speaking negatively about it. Season 2 saw the community largely ignored and the devs unwillingness to cooperate fully. There are several cases where members were silenced for opinions not favorable or just for bs reasons because the team didn’t like them. Now the staff team can say what they want about how they handle criticism and players, but its a well known secret at this point that the people that often get punished or silenced have a habit of telling everyone about it. Staff themselves are encouraged not to post negative things about updates or situations even if they disagree. Even despite the new Egg Wars update mostly fixing everything, it took so long and so many people were ignored. Its hard to say they even learned considering the track record.

In regards to the situation with Riftz I think it was highly inappropriate and unprofessional for the staff team to handle it the way they did. Although it’s not the worst thing I’ve seen happen. Riftz made a comment regarding the update and was clearly upset, instead of discussing it with him, he was warned for doing something he never did, they refused to elaborate and eventually just removed him. Sadly, some of us have seen this happen to others before many times. This post isn’t here to slander the staff team or make them seem like horrible people, but more so to elaborate why this whole situation top to bottom is screwed up.

To conclude my behemoth of a response, this situation is messed up, it was handled super poorly and needs to be corrected.

View attachment 226032
View attachment 226033
View attachment 226034

This reminds me of: "I should be unbanned, because I only hacked to kill a hacker!' Just because other companies or serves does it doesn’t mean people are ok with it. Furthermore if you look at some of the examples even players like me are concerned by what you included. The only reason this became a major issue now is because of how poorly the Riftz situation was handled.

hoppyfrog28_

Novice Member
Jun 5, 2023
da swamp
While I'm not religious, I can tell this is causing lots of controversy and many people are offended by it. I doubt CubeCraft was trying to create any problems, but this definitely needs to be fixed. I also hope that all the partners are given back their roles and this can end quickly without too much protest from the CubeCraft team. I hope the best for everyone affected by this.

Fledy

Aug 4, 2022

View attachment 226032
View attachment 226033
View attachment 226034
THEN WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU MAKE THIS DAMN PACK????

• Haha
Reactions: wolfking253822

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
Hello wolfking253822,

Thanks for making this suggestion. I'm only to comment on the suggestion at this time due to this being a suggestions subforum. Sadly, at this time, we don't have any plans to remove or change the Devil Lucky Block Opening Pack.

The reasons behind this, are because the intention of the pack is not to promote or worship specific religions or practices. The term "Devil" has been a trend and used widely within the Minecraft space as well as other gaming spaces such as Roblox. The marketplace has 100+ pieces of content featuring titles, art and concepts of "Devil" & "Demons".

Before all of those pieces of Marketplace content, as well as our server store content, get to the platform, Microsoft must review and approve them. They have extremely strict rules behind religion, gore, symbols, etc. The devil opening pack was fully approved by Microsoft. So it was in a good state to appear on Minecraft, just like all of the other pieces of similar Marketplace content.

We've had other content on our server behind, Devil Egg Skin, Demon Dragon Buddy, Angel Wings Cage etc. We haven't had issues from Microsoft or the community with those. There is no pentagram on any of the opening effects in the devil opening pack; it's a red outline of our CubeCraft logo.

Minecraft itself also references hell, also known as the Nether, which is even referred to as the "Hell biome" if you look at the F3 on Java edition.

We also understand that this pack might have accidentally upset some individuals; this was not our intention. Users are fully within their rights to have opinions about our content, and they can choose to purchase them or not or simply ignore them outright.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to make this suggestion!

Thanks,
Cam! :)

This is a statement from the creator & designer of the pack:
Just wanted to chime in, I created the Devil Opening Effects pack.

A lot of popular content on the MineCraft Marketplace is based on Hell/Demons/Devils, so I thought a lot of people would like this sort of thing. So I took inspiration from many sources, remember these themes are not unique to Christianity, its seen in many different kinds of folklore.

So yeah, the book is kind of like some kind of haunted item or ritual, the pillar of flames is also like a spell or something, and there's a fiery portal eating the block. I never meant to offend anyone and I'm really sorry to hear some people were. It feels awful to see my work stir up so much drama.

That being said, I stand by my work. It's not targeted at anyone's religion or beliefs, which is why we're not removing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!
good morning all! I hope everyone has a great day! 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on llvqs's profile.
Thank you for the follow! Also have a good redt of your day/night today!:D
Top Bottom