Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
I would like to first point out that this suggestion isn’t about the website (which is pretty.) It’s about the way games are updates and how critical necessities have been ignored in favor of other, unimportant additions.

Beta Eggwars -

It is not a bad update by any means, but it hasn’t failed to escape my notice that steak price reduction; something which was asked for many times in the past was completely ignored.

Although this is a ‘beta’, it does not feel expiremental in the least. Not once in this update gas cubecraft tried to innovate and discover what works, what doesn’t. The additions are all very nice, rest assured, however, they seem to be a little too “safe” and unoriginal.

Second, this is by far the most serious problem on the server: the entire update schedule. For some reason the server likes to wait 1-2 years before updating a game, and even then, additions are miniscule and underwhelming. i.e, the so called Beta Eggwars, which isn’t as much Beta as it is an apparent ‘preview’. It is a lackluster letdown tbh, have we been waiting since 2017 for this?

Lucky Islands has received no update in three years, this is a game which has boundless potential for fun and could hae been cubecraft’s flagship, and still should be. Eggwars is inferior, and competes with Hypixel Bedwars, so Eggwars should not be treated as the flagship game.

Tower Defense hasn’t been updated since I can’t remember when. My suggestion is to boycott the system of massive overhauls and instead focus on regular maintenance, small additions to keep good games popular and going.

I do not intend to offend, but the current system is baffling.

The staff team, although they’re down-to-earth and seemingly nice people, really seem to prefer memeing and escalating threads that are QOL than taking part in active suggestion building, to be honest, it is, a little baffling. Staff have no problem replying to and saying the same thing on a thread asking to kick all laggers ad nauseam, but don’t care to take a closer look at fresh, newer suggestions. I understand why translators are needed, but it was really weird that during the time, without sentinel, the staff team was made to go through some hundred translator applications.
I also feel as though some members if the moderator team are very unprofessional, going around liking toxic posts to make members feel bad.

I HAVE TEMPORARILY REMOVED THE IMAGE IN ORDER TO CENSOR OUT THE NAMES. Remind me in the morning.

I was sent this by one of my friends and this does make me feel uncomfortable that ppl liked a comment like this.

I think that reducing staff qualifications was a big mistake overall, and will come back to bite, since the staff team dont seem to be able to handle *toxic situations* in a neutral manner

It’s nice and refreshing to see a non-toxic community on cubecraft, however, in recent days i’ve come to realize that it is very likely because members are trying to please staff, I.e get the pink tag. It’s not wrong but what this does is cause a very stale community with homogenous views - not at all fun. People join the forums with the sole intent of getting either a translator or a helper rank. Is that a real community? No, it’s not. It’s just a fallacy.
Allowing games to go stale before updating them is certainly not the way to go about it cubecraft.

The Bedrock addition, is also uninspiring, unlike Java, the Bedrock server is on the lastest version (Which for some reason Cubecraft Java isn’t privledged to have) yet doesn’t have anything really unique going for it. All maps are copy-pasted from Java and make no use of the amazing new features which should have been implemented ab initio.

Even skyblock seems not to live upto it’s potential at all. It also runs 1.9 for some odd reason and is essentially a game made only of sidequests and has little engaging bosses, only has the snowman. Compare this to what it could be: a special dungeon exploring skyblock experience making use of all Minecraft features post 1.15 - which special bosses, like a kraken underwater to traversing lava lakes in the nether, to trading with villager NPCs for materials, raiding Piglin bastions and so much more!

I also feel cubecraft forums’ current userbase has an extremely conformist attitude and downvote most posts they see, often with weak reasoning.

Ranked mode, rejoin, heavily requested yet ignored. I’ve come up with a decent idea of how to implement ranked mode so do take a peek.

Thanks that’ll be all. I hope to see new features at least on bedrock in the future.

Sincerely, Sylitaph. Lel, bye.

Last edited:

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
With the update part I agree, but you can't say that everyone has to be on the latest version. Especially for the 1.8 players. I play this server since 2013/2014, just like a lot of others. I play the game on 1.8, because the PvP is much better (is what i think, others might disagree). If you take away the posibillity for us 1.8 players (and maybe 1.9 players cus they like things in their version more, idk), there will be a decline in players. Which means also a decline in revenue, which is all bad for the server.
I don't see a difference between 1.9 to 1.16, but perhaps other players do, and that's why they keep the possibility too play on al versions.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
6616wqu
With the update part I agree, but you can't say that everyone has to be on the latest version. Especially for the 1.8 players. I play this server since 2013/2014, just like a lot of others. I play the game on 1.8, because the PvP is much better (is what i think, others might disagree). If you take away the posibillity for us 1.8 players (and maybe 1.9 players cus they like things in their version more, idk), there will be a decline in players. Which means also a decline in revenue, which is all bad for the server.
I don't see a difference between 1.9 to 1.16, but perhaps other players do, and that's why they keep the possibility too play on al versions.
I never said ditch 1.8. But there is no need for 1.9-15 compatibility. It is stupid actually, right?

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
6616wqu

I never said ditch 1.8. But there is no need for 1.9-15 compatibility. It is stupid actually, right?
Nah not really, just like how 1.7 and 1.8 are pretty different, they are on pvp servers compatable, because some players refer one version over the other. I think that's the same between 1.9 and 1.15

_PedroPF_

Jan 27, 2016
Portugal
twitch.tv
Well, I can definetly agree with few if not most of the ideas you suggested but maybe they haven't done any of that for a reason... I'm sure you are not the only one thinking about all that! Maybe even CubeCraft's staff has already come up with those ideas but their implementation might be too hard... Or mabe just too much time consuming and they have other priorities? Well, nevertheless, I acknowledge your ideas are everything but bad and encourage you to keep coming up with more like these!

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
Nah not really, just like how 1.7 and 1.8 are pretty different, they are on pvp servers compatable, because some players refer one version over the other. I think that's the same between 1.9 and 1.15
lel said:
Seriously though, why should we give you money every month?
Still not convinced eh? OK. Well let's take something like the upcoming 1.13 release, there's some really cool ideas floating around for content that we could make but what makes it hard is that funding that plan is becoming ever more difficult. I'm proud to say that while our concurrent player numbers are down we're still getting new players all the time and we want to continue making new content to attract even more! The Plus subscription allows us to do this and to plan for the future.
guess who made this quote. Unfortunately it couldnt be done because of the less players. It would be nice to get some reassurance though.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Hey, I'll be going on everything you said, agreeing and disagreeing. Sometimes correction you.

It is not a bad update by any means, but it hasn’t failed to escape my notice that steak price reduction; something which was asked for many times in the past was completely ignored.
I completely agree that it should happen. But if the community wants it but the admin team overrules it, it is so. The reason we want steak to be less expensive is so that the game goes faster. That we have iron for other things. It might just be the intention to keep is so.

Although this is a ‘beta’, it does not feel expiremental in the least. Not once in this update gas cubecraft tried to innovate and discover what works, what doesn’t. The additions are all very nice, rest assured, however, they seem to be a little too “safe” and unoriginal.
They added item that build faster than moonwalk, things that made you fly. Fireballs, ladders endermite. I'm not sure why you think this wasn't bold of them. Not all new thing were original but what do you want if 10 servers have kind of the same game. You simply can't keep on adding new completely original things to it.

The lag of update is quite simply, you can't update a lot when you don't have a lot of developers. Since the new developers where here we've seen a lot of new updates! SO I'll keep it at that for updates.

But it was really weird that during the time, without sentinel, the staff team was made to go through some hundred translator applications.
Well yes, of course I don't see the problem in this. As if Keanu or SummerWarz are going to code an anti-cheat. They can't, I really don't see your point here. Members of the moderation team are simply not fit to make the anti-cheat. And if it is about that they should focus on reports. All my reports were handled/denied without maximum half a day. It both has to happen. Splitting the moderation team to do both was the best solution.

I also feel as though some members if the moderator team are very unprofessional, going around liking toxic posts to make members feel bad.
I did not fin the post so it may be liked by a member of the moderation team but on the giving screenshot. No one from the moderation/helper or admin team liked that comment. The only staff member I can see is a designer. Designer are not the front of the server, they don't handle any situations. The comment was indeed not respectful. But since I can't find it, might it be that it was removed?

I think that reducing staff qualifications was a big mistake overall
Story's thread tells us that only 0,01% off all helper application are accepted. Which gives a lot of total helper applications. You still can't become helper with just joining the forums and applying. As far as I know, the biggest changes are the age drop and that you don't need a certain number of reports to be accepted. I have the feeling that with a good requirement team (which we have) the requirements are fine. Look at the new mods and helpers they brought. Most of them are very active and are doing their jobs excellent.

The bedrock server is getting new updates, because now we have the developers for it. Most of the "we don't get enough updates" is because you can't have updates without people to code them.

But there is no need for 1.9-15 compatibility. It is stupid actually, right?
I have and will highly argue against this. 1.9-1.11 since it isn't really played on. But 1.12 compatibly has to stay. It is one of the most played versions (1.9+) and has the most mod support. Also, a lot of players use clients to play on which aren't updated to the newest version all the time. It's not stupid at all.

Ranked mode, rejoin, heavily requested yet ignored
Rejoin has not been ignored. The admin team has commented on it that it will not be a feature in the near future since it's coding is hard to do for all the different game modes. (Or something along these lines, I don't remember it correctly) I'm not sure about ranked, but I do think some mods replied.

I will take a peek at your ranked mode thread!
I won't be a fan I think, since I don't like ranked mode but still.

~Fesa

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Story's thread tells us that only 0,01% off all helper application are accepted. Which gives a lot of total helper applications. You still can't become helper with just joining the forums and applying. As far as I know, the biggest changes are the age drop and that you don't need a certain number of reports to be accepted. I have the feeling that with a good requirement team (which we have) the requirements are fine. Look at the new mods and helpers they brought. Most of them are very active and are doing their jobs excellent.
In my opinion, the way they accept staff is still terrible. Wannabe's are being accepted left and right. Which is bad because most aren't being genuine. They just want a fancy rank so they put up this fake persona to look like this great, helpful person. In reality, they're extremely toxic. Publicly as well. They accepted someone who has a mute history, and not a small one either. Someone who has publicly sworn with cancer, made fun of down.
Someone who has made fun of suicide and rape.. Yet, I'm supposed to believe the same person who's made fun of something countless of people struggle with daily, is helpful? Is this nice person?
People got network banned from CubeCraft for things they didn't do 2 years ago. Yet they don't get an unban. But make fun of suicide? Get a helper rank!
So, from that 0,01% of people that got accepted.. they still manage to accept someone like that?

Now, I will also straight away stay that there are people like Elivat, Spuuuni and Kozimobo who are nice and helpful. They don't put up a fake persona. Those are the type of people who should be staff. Not someone who makes fun of suicide and rape..

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
Hey, I'll be going on everything you said, agreeing and disagreeing. Sometimes correction you.

I completely agree that it should happen. But if the community wants it but the admin team overrules it, it is so. The reason we want steak to be less expensive is so that the game goes faster. That we have iron for other things. It might just be the intention to keep is so.

They added item that build faster than moonwalk, things that made you fly. Fireballs, ladders endermite. I'm not sure why you think this wasn't bold of them.

I think that they were pretty much guaranteed to work, since they are also on Hypixel. They were good additions, but take Lucky Islands - now that’s one innovative gamemode. I’m not saying make Eggwars like Lucky Islands, but they could have (and still can) innovated to do more than take plugins from Chaos Mode Skywars and put it in Eggwars. The main issue is how long it took for an eggwars update and how drab it actually ended up being. We need something refreshing.

Not all new thing were original but what do you want if 10 servers have kind of the same game. You simply can't keep on adding new completely original things to it.

The lag of update is quite simply, you can't update a lot when you don't have a lot of developers. Since the new developers where here we've seen a lot of new updates! SO I'll keep it at that for updates.

Its not like that, its that they choose to make BIG overhauls instead of small updates and rebalance patches. If Overwatch didnt get it’s frequent patches, small updates now and then it would have died way earlier. An example!

Well yes, of course I don't see the problem in this. As if Keanu or SummerWarz are going to code an anti-cheat. They can't, I really don't see your point here. Members of the moderation team are simply not fit to make the anti-cheat. And if it is about that they should focus on reports. All my reports were handled/denied without maximum half a day. It both has to happen. Splitting the moderation team to do both was the best solution.

I never said mods should work on the anticheat. If I were mod joining to help the server and all, I would be kind of annoyed to be put on translator app duty. Afaik they weren’t even informed beforehand

I did not fin the post so it may be liked by a member of the moderation team but on the giving screenshot. No one from the moderation/helper or admin team liked that comment. The only staff member I can see is a designer. Designer are not the front of the server, they don't handle any situations. The comment was indeed not respectful. But since I can't find it, might it be that it was removed?

Yeah I sent u the comment, I dont wanna cause a problem on the thread. Thanks <3

The bedrock server is getting new updates, because now we have the developers for it. Most of the "we don't get enough updates" is because you can't have updates without people to code them.

The bedrock server is just copying Java on every update. SG is so unbalanced atm on OP mode. They aren’t using the full potential of minecraft features added post 2018 and probably that’ll make The Hive gain more popularity.

I have and will highly argue against this. 1.9-1.11 since it isn't really played on. But 1.12 compatibly has to stay. It is one of the most played versions (1.9+) and has the most mod support. Also, a lot of players use clients to play on which aren't updated to the newest version all the time. It's not stupid at all.

It was promised tho :v

Rejoin has not been ignored. The admin team has commented on it that it will not be a feature in the near future since it's coding is hard to do for all the different game modes. (Or something along these lines, I don't remember it correctly) I'm not sure about ranked, but I do think some mods replied.

I see, that makes sense. It’s just like that sometimes

I will take a peek at your ranked mode thread!
I won't be a fan I think, since I don't like ranked mode but still.

uwu ty appreciated

~Fesa
Appreciate the reply a lot, will find the comment. The person who made the comment was banned this week ig (i guess you could guess who it was)

I replied to you within the quotations in bold :)

GHSpaghetti

Dec 23, 2019
England
Quite an interesting oppinion, although for me, staff seem to be able to have healthy debates with me about certain topics that i bring up which is quite useful, although some comments from other users can be quite ignorant as you have shown in your screenshot, as someone who personally isn't too bothered about new updates I can see where you come from but it never really bores me (I am a bedrock player), i do feel alot of issues come from them being understaffed and unable to do as much as they could do for the server.

I have also had conversations with the person you have highlighted a comment for, they are deifnitely a friend of staff and interact alot in the discord so they probably liked the post without reading because it was made by them, however yes it was quite toxic of them to put that.

The community to me on cubecraft feels empty, hence why i created my own for the cubecraft bedrock community which sees more activity than cubecraft discord receives, I wish it was more active and more people interacted really, the community is what makes a game fun in all honesty, as someone that is trying to become a helper, I can definitely say that I don't do it for the pink nametag, there are multitudes of reasons i want to become helper (too many for this post), which may be a common misconception among outside perspectors.

Thank you however for making this post as it was quite interesting to see your oppinion :)

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
In my opinion, the way they accept staff is still terrible. Wannabe's are being accepted left and right. Which is bad because most aren't being genuine. They just want a fancy rank so they put up this fake persona to look like this great, helpful person. In reality, they're extremely toxic. Publicly as well. They accepted someone who has a mute history, and not a small one either. Someone who has publicly sworn with cancer, made fun of down.
Someone who has made fun of suicide and rape.. Yet, I'm supposed to believe the same person who's made fun of something countless of people struggle with daily, is helpful? Is this nice person?
People got network banned from CubeCraft for things they didn't do 2 years ago. Yet they don't get an unban. But make fun of suicide? Get a helper rank!
So, from that 0,01% of people that got accepted.. they still manage to accept someone like that?

Now, I will also straight away stay that there are people like Elivat, Spuuuni and Kozimobo who are nice and helpful. They don't put up a fake persona. Those are the type of people who should be staff. Not someone who makes fun of suicide and rape..
The hypocrisy is that they demoted gainfullterror for something trivial months before demotion, but then do this

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Also, this
Staff answered on that. Saying that it has been used as a Blockwars map. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

OnlyTijmen

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
Netherlands
trailoffriends.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Allright, I have to agree with this.
Its weird to see staff react act like that on the forums.
I mean, I like the staff team, but I dont think this is how you should act as a representative of a major minecraft server, it sets an example that shouldnt be set.
2 months ago, my staff apply got rejected for some chat related things... Which I think was partly swearing, and partly toxicity.
I am allowed to apply again by next monday, and will deffinetly do that, I reduced my toxicity and swearing to (almost) non-existent, the reason for my change is not because I really want to be part of the staff team, but I realised that being friendlier overall makes me just enjoy the game so much more...
I hope I will be able to improve the image of the staff team a bit

Edit: I am talking about the first staff part, for some reason the Quote didnt work...

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
Staff answered on that. Saying that it has been used as a Blockwars map. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.
That’s great! I’m glad to know it was resolved. I assume cubecraft will be more transparent judging from admin’s reply.

I can only hope that the community is better intimated of such things
Allright, I have to agree with this.
Its weird to see staff react act like that on the forums.
I mean, I like the staff team, but I dont think this is how you should act as a representative of a major minecraft server, it sets an example that shouldnt be set.
2 months ago, my staff apply got rejected for some chat related things... Which I think was partly swearing, and partly toxicity.
I am allowed to apply again by next monday, and will deffinetly do that, I reduced my toxicity and swearing to (almost) non-existent, the reason for my change is not because I really want to be part of the staff team, but I realised that being friendlier overall makes me just enjoy the game so much more...
I hope I will be able to improve the image of the staff team a bit

Edit: I am talking about the first staff part, for some reason the Quote didnt work...
Well, all the best. If you do become staff, don’t lose your own voice. Some people are important to the community for dissent. Mods have limited speech.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
The staff team, although they’re down-to-earth and seemingly nice people, really seem to prefer memeing and escalating threads that are QOL than taking part in active suggestion building, to be honest, it is, a little baffling. Staff have no problem replying to and saying the same thing on a thread asking to kick all laggers ad nauseam, but don’t care to take a closer look at fresh, newer suggestions. I understand why translators are needed, but it was really weird that during the time, without sentinel, the staff team was made to go through some hundred translator applications.
View attachment 166999
I was sent this by one of my friends and this does make me feel uncomfortable that ppl liked a comment like this.

I think that reducing staff qualifications was a big mistake overall, and will come back to bite, since the staff team dont seem to be able to handle *toxic situations* in a neutral manner
You are completely right in the sense that I should not have liked this post and I'm really sorry if this made you or anyone else feel uncomfortable or unwelcome on the network. I'm not scared to admit I can get a bit salty at times, it's something I have been working on for a while now.

However, I don't think it's fair you claim the moderation team is unprofessional and then share a screenshot of me, a designer, liking a toxic post. I do not represent the moderation team, no staff member ever will represent the entire team on itself. 😛

Reactions: Shallidor

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
M
You are completely right in the sense that I should not have liked this post and I'm really sorry if this made you or anyone else feel uncomfortable or unwelcome on the network. I'm not scared to admit I can get a bit salty at times, it's something I have been working on for a while now.

However, I don't think it's fair you claim the moderation team is unprofessional and then share a screenshot of me, a designer, liking a toxic post. I do not represent the moderation team, no staff member ever will represent the entire team on itself. 😛
hey this wasnt about you.

It was about the three mods who liked the post also

Reactions: LeCastel

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020

As a designer I dont really stress on the need for you to be like an angel or anything, but the mods... they shouldnt go around liking stuff like that. They should be caring individuals and sensitive to the fact that players act in certain ways...

Because real life can suck for some people u know. Mods should know better.

2FA54648-474A-414E-ACCE-A072237E5A9B.jpeg

Reactions: LeCastel
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes <3 🦆
Reesle wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Heyy, thanks for the follow! =D
Top Bottom