Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

SyncFocus

Nov 14, 2023
💻 Hello CubeCrafters and Staff, SyncFocus here! 💻
I'm going to explain an idea in this suggestion forum.

🪄 How did we come up with the idea of this?🪄
Me and some friends were in a java cubecraft party talking about game mode rotation. How about Games Rotation? What is it? Well, in this suggestion I'm going to explain everything, you and cubecraft staff need to know about it!

📰 What is Games Rotation for CubeCraft Java and Why? 📰
Well, although there is now Maps rotation in Java, it's pretty much the same, but with Game Modes. Example: Every 2 weeks a switch from SkyWars Solo to SkyWars Teams and so on. And this applies to the following Game modes: Solo SkyWars (To Team SkyWars), Team EggWars (To Solo EggWars), and for Lucky Islands(Solo Lucky Islands), Can be different of course! This would be fun for all Java players and provides some nice variety. It is boring to always play solo or the other way around. Teamwork is also fun in some games. For example, you now only have Solo SkyWars, so no team work. That would be nice if that happens, of course!

📝 Why for Java and not for Bedrock as well? 📝
Honestly, java has less players than CubeCraft Bedrock. This is due to reasons but that can be changed by adding this! Bedrock has many, MANY more players on that network. So that's why I think it's not necessary on Bedrock, and java is because there are fewer players and playing the same thing certainly remains boring! But feel free to let me know if this should be different!

🚫 Leaderboards, Game Modes On 1.19+, Polls & Maps! 🚫
Of course, a lot of development, QA Testing, and more needs to be done. Of course we understand this. For example, updating the Games code to 1.19+, and updating other things about the plugins and maps. Although this takes time, you can also create a poll, for example. This is of course up to the staff of CubeCraft! Old Stats from these games should remain from the past. That everyone still has his/her stats for these games.

Now to the Maps. I have a list of the maps that may be added (I came up with it myself and corresponds to maps that are not too large.) So what suits Java in terms of player count! Here below the list!

🏹Team SkyWars 🏹
Western 4 vs. 4. (GameMode Team SkyWars)
Streets 5 versus 5 (Game Mode Team SkyWars)
Toxic 4 vs. 4 (Game Mode Team SkyWars)
School 4 vs. 4 (Game Mode Team SkyWars)
Alien 3 vs. 3 (Game Mode Team SkyWars)
Fruit 2 vs. 2 (Game Mode Team SkyWars)
Lumber Mill 2 vs. 2 (Game Mode Team SkyWars)
Paint 2 vs. 2 (Game Mode Team SkyWars)
Mario 3 vs. 3 (Game Mode Team SkyWars)
Pokemon 2 vs. 2 (Game Mode Team SkyWars)
Bedtime 10 versus 10 (Game Mode Team SkyWars) (fast game!)
Bugs 3 vs. 3 (Game Mode Team SkyWars)

Or any new maps!

Total: 12 Maps.

For Solo EggWars, And Team Lucky Islands i have no idea i would let Team CubeCraft choose them!

Thank you for reading this suggestion, CubeCraft Staff, let me know more about this idea. I cannot wait to see a response from you all. Thank you very much ~ SyncFocus! - Have a nice day everyone! And, any ideas are welcome that i should add to this suggestion idea.

- Special thanks to. Kefan also for the idea!

Dreamer

Forum Expert
Dec 3, 2016
Antwerp - Belgium
I partially agree with this.
- Bringing back old gamemodes in some way is very often suggested and will be popular
- It will also be confusing for players tho, you basically remove a game every 2 weeks from their perspective
- Communities from these games (Eggwars, Skywars, Lucky Island) are often in favour of either teams or solo but not both, so it might end up splitting the entire community for a game in 2 different groups.
- Not all of these were equally popular, like how solo eggwars often only had 50 players while team egg was well over 250 at most times

To conclude my opinion, I think this is possible for some other games (like how we had featured games rotation and blockwars games rotation) in the far future. There is just too much development that needs to go into converting these games to be up to the 1.20 standards and going back in the past might not be something cube management is very fond of right now. Good suggestion tho :heart:

ElFlxen_

Oct 20, 2020
México
Pronouns
He/Him
In my opinion, cubecraft needs to promote itself more, especially using YouTube and Tiktok, in this way attract more users to Java, and gradually bring back the games.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
I disagree, the current gamemodes that we have were chosen because they were more popular than the ones that got removed, I don't think that offering the less popular gamemodes 50% of the time is a wise decision.

Additionally, since you're not proposing to rotate the games that are offered, and rather just their team/solo modality, I feel like it would be difficult and confusing for recurrent players to keep track of what is being offered, I would certainly not like to gather my friends to play Team EggWars to find out it's been momentarily swapped out for Solo EggWars instead.

I don't find that lack of consistency for the sake of diversity something that would be appealing. Rotating maps however, is mostly a superficial change that doesn't necessarily change the essence of the game too profoundly.

I would instead re-incorporate the featured game NPC that we had in the past and cycle through all the removed Java gamemodes, however, if it hasn't been added as of now, it's likely because of a legitimate reason that only a developer would be able to explain for us.

• Agree
Reactions: Loskol and Reesle

Loskol

Aug 30, 2023
Finland
I like the idea of this gamemode rotation, but like @Eli and @Dreamer already pointed out, I would not recommend changing Team Eggwars to Solo Eggwars because Team Eggwars is the most played gamemode at the moment. Removing Team Eggwars for just two weeks would annoy a lot of players including me, because that is the only game mode I am playing actively right now with friends or even alone sometimes.

Here is my suggestion which might be really stupid idea, but let me know what you think about this one. 😂

I think Cubecraft should rename the Team Eggwars npc to Eggwars, and add one or two solo maps for that npc. People who are in a party would always join automatically in games with teams of 2, 4 or 6, and people who join without being part of a party will join either on some of the solo maps or some of the team maps, depending on which maps are available.

I think this would be a fun way to add one gamemode back without removing any other gamemodes, or without having to add one more npc which would only get around 20 active users. Only problem with this would be that how leaderboards work though, because it would not make sense to combine Solo and Team Eggwars leaderboards together...

Edit: I just realized that the Eggwars npc isnt even called as Team Eggwars as I thought at first. So you can ignore that part in my commend :D

Last edited:

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
There is just too much development that needs to go into converting these games to be up to the 1.20 standards and going back in the past might not be something cube management is very fond of right now
There are some games which wouldn't have to be updated to 1.20. Because they already received a 1.20 update on Bedrock, so the code is already there. However, most of these games wouldn't fill if they were brought back to Java (except Minerware).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Basketman wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Basketman wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom