Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you want to have Cubecraft eSports?

• Total voters

KnightOfPro

Novice Member
Nov 20, 2016
Cubecraft eSports
For 3 years I have been playing actively on Cubecraft and for a while, I noticed that I am missing something in Cubecraft: challenge. Of course it's a challenge to win a game, but what about something more.. challenging?

If you're a gamer, you must be familiar with majors / eSporters. The best players in certain games go fight against eachothers, while their fans are supporting their idols and bet their idol will win. What about this would come true on Cubecraft? Currently, we only have leaderboards showing the best players of all time in certain games, but.. what about something monthly?
Cubecraft League
What I am suggesting is some form of monthly / quarterly major on Cubecraft. In the period of a month / quarter all players can fight as hard as they can to get the most wins, kills, e.g. Then, all the top 10 players of every gamemode (Eggwars, Skywars, e.g.), go in teams of 5 and fight each other.

Why?
Because why not? It's fun to get the server more competitive. It doesn't matter at which time you check Cubecraft, it always has 3000+ players online (whenever the server is online of course). As I said earlier, the only thing to get a bit hyped up is getting in the leaderboard, but for some (new) players, that is impossible.
How does it work?
  1. For a period of time (month / quarter) players can play their favorite gamemodes (eggwars, skywars, e.g.) and get as many wins as they can;
  2. The top 10 players (with the most wins) then get divided in two teams which will then play against each other;
  3. The winning team gets a cool prize (cage, miniature, e.g.);
  4. Repeat.

Rules
List of rules that apply to the eSports.
  1. The winning team cannot play the next league. They will have to skip one league;
  2. The winning team will be chosen out of 3 games. This would be the most fair;
  3. The specifications of the game (Overpowered ..., ... time, e.g.) should be chosen by a 'referee'.

Let's get competitive, let's get wins, let the Cubecraft League begin.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Even though i’d love this, it probably takes up to much time to really do this. It’ll probably end like community games, hosted once a member of staff has time. Also Management probably wouldn’t care to bother as they don’t host tournaments and such events, so it would never be something really official.

Reactions: KnightOfPro

KnightOfPro

Novice Member
Nov 20, 2016
Even though i’d love this, it probably takes up to much time to really do this. It’ll probably end like community games, hosted once a member of staff has time. Also Management probably wouldn’t care to bother as they don’t host tournaments and such events, so it would never be something really official.

It's always worth trying. And, it doesn't need to be hosted by the management. It could also be players applying for positions in the organisation team.

themainevent

May 9, 2019
It's a good idea but I don't think the way you said the top 10 teams would be selected is a good idea.
Mainly because if it is by most wins, it would be better to leave the match in a few cases.
If the match is taking too long.
If you see you are against some players that will put up a good fight.

So I think the way you should do it is by having a rating system where you gain rating by winning and lose it on losses.
If you leave a match it will count as a loss for you and a win for the enemy.
You would only go up against teams with similar ratings to make it more competitve and not just fishing for groups you can stomp
and lastly remove the stupid voting that is in skywars no
I.e no projectiles, half health. All games should use the exact same rules and include projectiles because removing them just lowers the skill cap.
Then you can reward the top ranking players and maybe even have rewards for different ranking brackets or w/e

Reactions: KnightOfPro
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Appreciate your activity on the Cube discord. Nice to see from staff members :). Goodluck with all and thanks for all you've done
_youssefxkill_ wrote on Gemmmmie's profile.
how can i appeal for a discord ban, my user: luffy_indexgun2
AnolTongi wrote on mitgobla's profile.
You are an amazing person, I really hope you know that. Good luck with the future, man! Stay amazing.
Matriox wrote on Silverlace's profile.
Goodluck with everything :(
Matriox wrote on mitgobla's profile.
Appreciate you being active on the discord server and asking any questions members had. Goodluck with your future plans
Top Bottom