Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
If you're wireless, move closer to your router. If not, change internet provider..? I heard that Sky broadband is the worst broadband ever. (p.s. I heard that from a guy named SuperxSnap)

wriggo12345

Dec 22, 2013
because when downloading with google chrome and steam etc. the download speed is always around 150 kbps.
thats your download speed from those servers. when you download from steam there are lots of other things affecting your download speed like server traffic or distance from the server. you live in rural england, right? the steam download servers are far away from you so your download speed is gonna be slower, a lot slower.

wriggo12345

Dec 22, 2013
there is also considerably more server traffic on steam servers than your nearest speedtest/ookla server

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
you'll be quite far away from other servers too so they'll be a lot slower.
why did you assume i was from england?
anyways, besides that. I've changed my server many times. mostly it gets worse or speeds up a little. but no dramatically changing speeds.
I've tried servers directly adjacent to the others. the closest one to me does roughly 200kbps.

ItsYaBoyJavid

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2014
Earth
well, theres something called a Ethernet cable witch is just pure awesome went from 3 bars to max so yea get a Ethernet cable :)

Marta

🦊 🐾 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 19, 2013
Manchester, UK.
marcoslater.com
I've got a good router (I hope) and I was wondering if someone could list multiple ways of how I could improve my wifi?

Log in to your router, if it allows you to change your country, change it to Uruguay.

Technical reasoning: Each country has limitations on what bands it can use for WiFi, and because of how the wireless spectrum works, some bands work better then others, but those bands are usually restricted in most countries, since they are/can be used by the Police, or other national services. Uruguay happens to use those well performing bands, since their country has less restrictions, so the manufacturers set their equipment to use the best available band.

This is not-so-legal to do, however it wont get you in prison either, but it will improve your wi-fi range/speed. :)

#SkyfibreFTW

How about Gigabit?

3667087075.png

Proof that I took this, look at the time/date, 10 minutes before this post. :P

Reactions: jtlg1234

emiraati

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2014
United Arab Emirates
Log in to your router, if it allows you to change your country, change it to Uruguay.

Technical reasoning: Each country has limitations on what bands it can use for WiFi, and because of how the wireless spectrum works, some bands work better then others, but those bands are usually restricted in most countries, since they are/can be used by the Police, or other national services. Uruguay happens to use those well performing bands, since their country has less restrictions, so the manufacturers set their equipment to use the best available band.

This is not-so-legal to do, however it wont get you in prison either, but it will improve your wi-fi range/speed. :)

How about Gigabit?

3667087075.png

Proof that I took this, look at the time/date, 10 minutes before this post. :p
horyshet

Reactions: MorganPlayzMc

Trickmaster

Dedicated Member
May 23, 2014
Potato Heaven

How about Gigabit?

3667087075.png

Proof that I took this, look at the time/date, 10 minutes before this post. :p
Do you know any legal ones? :P I appreciate the Uruguay trick, but I don't want to get into any legal trouble :)
What is this Gigabit? @halothe23

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Do you know any legal ones? :p I appreciate the Uruguay trick, but I don't want to get into any legal trouble :)
What is this Gigabit? @halothe23
pretty sure gigabit is a download speed. xD gigabits per second.
kilo - mega - giga - tera - peta - exa - zetta - yotta
"bit" - your internet downloads in bits.
when on your computer is called bytes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Eli wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Eli
7 reports closed in a row because Sentinel got there first... :despair:

1713882959021.png
GiGaGekkies wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom