Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

epicKieren66

Dec 12, 2016
SO... I have decided that I'd make an eggwars map.
At first I thought It would be my own creation on my account, until I found this website and turns out you can submit maps!

I've read Efcluke94's guidelines and followed them to the best of my ability.
The map is currently a single player map on my minecraft, and I don't know how to "send it" tbh.
Here's some photos taken during the time I spent building it!

Finished center, starting on outer islands
2016-12-11_17.15.32.png

Inside center island
2016-12-11_17.25.32.png

Finished egg chamber
2016-12-11_17.22.20.png

Finished team colors
2016-12-11_17.46.55.png

My final product!
2016-12-11_18.21.15.png

I know that the villagers aren't coded to do what they do in actual eggwars, and the generators don't have signs, and there aren't any spawn points for players; so I'll leave that to the actual cubecraft builders (I know, I'm sooo lazy)

Attachments

• 2016-12-11_17.15.32.png
    2016-12-11_17.15.32.png
    237.4 KB · Views: 38

RushRush

May 27, 2016
Good, but how about place to pvp. I'm not completly sure, but I think it might make it more fun

SkoodyDood

Dedicated Member
Jul 7, 2016
Joe...
I'll be honest with you and not try to hurt your feelings. The map is too small for pvp, not too many players can join, middle looks bad for getting gold, and the islands are too far away from each other. Sorry but I don't like this map.

Pandrai

Dedicated Member
Jul 20, 2016
the desert
wayyy to easy to fall off the edge, islands needs to bigger, there needs to be more detail, and terraforming must be done at the bottom of the map

Yamin

Forum Veteran
May 8, 2016
the sushi bar
When I saw the first photo of the middle, I though: 'nha', but the middle you have right now is better.
But you can still improve it: I think cube is pretty strict about map submission.
Maybe ask a builder such as @TeovoTeovo @Alex_de_Grote or @Max111D. for help and tips.
Btw I recommand building on a server so you can use the plugins voxel sniper or world edit to build with: makes building so much easier!
Do you also have a theme for this map?

TheFastBowler

Forum Expert
Jul 26, 2016
India
hatrex.net
This looks nice. However, there is less PvP space on individual islands. You have got tips from yoya, but you should speak to a few of the builders from the team as said above. The overall setup is good.

Tyler Arscott

Dec 10, 2016
This map is really unique and cool, People are say more PVP space, and I like the transformation, but I think that because the map is so small, I will force the players to do quite a bit of building, which I like. I think a fun map, is a map you can get creative with and your map certainly does this.

Reactions: epicKieren66

epicKieren66

Dec 12, 2016
The NEW islands are here!
2016-12-15_14.33.27.png

Each starting island has
x1 level 2 iron generator
x2 broken iron generator
x1 broken gold generator
x1 broken diamond generator
x1 broken emerald generator

full view
2016-12-15_14.39.02.png
Center island has:
x4 level 4 iron generators
x4 level 3 iron generators
x4 level 2 gold generators
x2 level 2 diamond generators
x4 level 1 diamond generators
x1 level 1 emerald generator

I haven't actually seen/used emerald generators in eggwars yet, though i know they exist. If there are no emerald generators on the starting islands then i can remove it and replace it with a gold generator (same on the other side, and the diamond generator can take the place of the current gold generator)

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
The NEW islands are here!
View attachment 125646
Each starting island has
x2 broken iron generator
x1 broken gold generator

full view
View attachment 125647 Center island has:

I haven't actually seen/used emerald generators in eggwars yet, though i know they exist. If there are no emerald generators on the starting islands then i can remove it and replace it with a gold generator (same on the other side, and the diamond generator can take the place of the current gold generator)

I am liking that A LOT more! Great work!

Pandrai

Dedicated Member
Jul 20, 2016
the desert
Center island has:
Each starting island has
x2 broken iron generator
x1 broken gold generator
First off you were right, there are no emerald gens are the starting islands. Another thing is that this map has far too many generators, maybe 1 iron gen,1 gold gen, and 1 diamond gen on the starting islands (only the iron is turned on, level 2) Mid should have

1 level 3 diamond gen, kinda hard to reach
1 level 1 diamond gen, easier to reach
2 level 2 gold gens, enough to get your base gen started
4 level 3 iron gens, most likely around the outside of mid

I play eggwars quite a bit, I have wracked up a total of 14.5 days played total. Just wanted to let you know that this is not coming from a noob, this is an avid eggwars player that you talkin to.

I'm not saying don't add emerald generators but what they do is they add "special" items that are map exclusive
Examples)
In western there is a sharp for lead called "lasso"
In every map there is a buy-able set of diamond armour(8 emeralds per piece) that is related to the map,
UnderDaSea=Poseidons armour
Western=Cowboy armour(or something like that)
Mine=Prospectors armour

You get the idea, I just don't see how the special items from emerald gens could be themed with this map, I hope you understand but if you want emerald gens I suggest that you come up with the items :) (there is ALWAYS a diamond set and a sharp 1 or 2 diamond sword)

The final thing is that I think that the islands should be a bit further from mid, maybe 15-20 blocks further, unless of course you want the game to played at mid. Other than that I think there needs to be some terraforming, make the bottom of the islands look like an upside cone shape so it looks more floating-ish.

These are just my inputs on this and you are free to think differently :P

Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #20-
More tornadoes occur in the United Kingdom per square mile than in any other country in the world.
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Top Bottom