Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Foxis_

Dec 8, 2018
what happened, always like 1 - 4 cheaters in ffa.. punching me while aiming at someone else.

Foxis_

Dec 8, 2018
You can always report him instead of making a post that isn't going to solve the cheater problem.

Report a rule breaker here: https://reports.cubecraft.net/report
well, i'm not going to report 50 players a day when i play like 1 hour every month on this server, i'm asking.. becasue something has happened.
not going to help to report everyone they are too many, so im asking what happened.

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
I've seen a notable increase of hackers in the 1.9 version as well after my 4 month break. Or I'm just really unlucky and keep running into them all the sudden.

ImJunior

Forum Expert
Jun 30, 2016
Belgium
www.cubecraft.net
well, i'm not going to report 50 players a day when i play like 1 hour every month on this server, i'm asking.. becasue something has happened.
not going to help to report everyone they are too many, so im asking what happened.
If you only play 1 hour a month why do you take the time to complain? I understand your frustrations like no other player, but honestly what do you want to accomplish by saying this publicly.
I've seen a notable increase of hackers in the 1.9 version as well after my 4 month break. Or I'm just really unlucky and keep running into them all the sudden.
Since 1.14 got released, I've seen an increasement in cheaters as well.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
You can always report him instead of making a post that isn't going to solve the cheater problem.

Report a rule breaker here: https://reports.cubecraft.net/report
Let's just be honest: In 1.9+, sentinel works well, and it bans most of the cheaters. However, in 1.8, you will be granted to encounter a cheater at least once in 5 minutes. So, we have a conclusion: Sentinel doesn't work that well in 1.8. There has to be a solution to improve sentinel in 1.8, right? I think for just one week the dev team has to do everything in order to improve sentinel in 1.8. Everyone here should have a good time on this server and if you encounter cheaters everywhere, nobody would want to play this server. We can conclude that players who play 1.8 have a worse playing experience than players who play 1.9. So maybe we shouldn't give normal players the job to do something against cheaters while sentinel could have many improvements.

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Let's just be honest: In 1.9+, sentinel works well, and it bans most of the cheaters. However, in 1.8, you will be granted to encounter a cheater at least once in 5 minutes. So, we have a conclusion: Sentinel doesn't work that well in 1.8. There has to be a solution to improve sentinel in 1.8, right? I think for just one week the dev team has to do everything in order to improve sentinel in 1.8. Everyone here should have a good time on this server and if you encounter cheaters everywhere, nobody would want to play this server. We can conclude that players who play 1.8 have a worse playing experience than players who play 1.9. So maybe we shouldn't give normal players the job to do something against cheaters while sentinel could have many improvements.
Ga gewoon fn spelen ipv te reageren op een thread van een spel dat je toch niet speelt kom dan stomme schapen tegenwoordig...

Just gonna mention, making an AC is way harder than it looks. Pretty sure (as I encounter wayyy less hackers on 1.9) 1.8 detection system is more complicated than 1.9.

Reactions: suheb and remio

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Ga gewoon fn spelen ipv te reageren op een thread van een spel dat je toch niet speelt kom dan stomme schapen tegenwoordig...

Just gonna mention, making an AC is way harder than it looks. Pretty sure (as I encounter wayyy less hackers on 1.9) 1.8 detection system is more complicated than 1.9.
Heb vandaag en gister gespeeld omdat er weer zo'n stomme patch was bij geforce now :(

Reactions: Keanu

Foxis_

Dec 8, 2018
If you only play 1 hour a month why do you take the time to complain? I understand your frustrations like no other player, but honestly what do you want to accomplish by saying this publicly.

Since 1.14 got released, I've seen an increasement in cheaters as well.
it was before 1.14, i started playing a little bit for like 1 month ago. and i don't know why you think im complaining, im asking, it's not obvious what has happened,
it could be a new cheat or maybe cubecraft updated thier anticheat and ruined it, im asking not complaining, i wanna know because because im curious thats all.

SenatorKarma

Apr 21, 2018

There is more bugs and exploits for 1.8 that is one way it is harder to detect as the client mostly uses these bugs.

1.8 is also a very popular hacking version as it is way more popular than 1.9 due to the pvp mechanics which as stated in this thread is very annoying.

The solution — upgrade the server to 1.9 only

ImJunior

Forum Expert
Jun 30, 2016
Belgium
www.cubecraft.net
There is more bugs and exploits for 1.8 that is one way it is harder to detect as the client mostly uses these bugs.

1.8 is also a very popular hacking version as it is way more popular than 1.9 due to the pvp mechanics which as stated in this thread is very annoying.

The solution — upgrade the server to 1.9 only
That's one of the worst ideas ever, did you think about how many players will quit the server?

Basketman

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2015
Belgium
If you choose you lose, famous quote In Dutch, I think you have to report till Sentinel is fully functional. Plus why would you shutdown a whole community.

VenomDv3

May 3, 2020
There are far too many.

In almost every game I play, there is at least one. People just fly around, People have thorns on. It isn't enjoyable game play at all.
(before you ask) - yes I have reported them.
But it is incredibly dumb to put the onus of proof on the players.
What the heck do we have admins for in the first place?

it's like all they do is wait on the forums for the reports.
We need better anti cheat, it should not be so hard to track when a player makes an impossible rapid increase in height over a short amount of time.

We know what blocks on the map we start with, we know where to track for those impossible moves, you're telling me its too hard to program a check for it? That's insane!

A link to a Git would help? since progress seems to be moving at a snails pace.

Banning in waves is not the solution. Playing against an onslaught of cheaters and waiting for the next wave (that sounds like a lot of fun).

That's not to discount the efforts made, but they are lacking- big time!

Reactions: Growlithe99

Growlithe99

Sep 1, 2019
I know the idea of giving incentives/rewards to players who report hackers in an effort to encourage more ban reports has already been shot down on these forums, but the number of players who report cheaters "purely out of the goodness of their own heart" is still severely lacking in proportion to the sheer number of cheaters still out there. I do my best to record and report every cheater I encounter, but it's discouraging when I still run into hackers every single game, to the point where I feel like my reports are hardly making a dent! It gets exhausting and genuinely disappointing after awhile.

Offering small rewards to players who submit a valid hacker report with video evidence:
-incentivizes players to actually report the hackers they encounter, thus encouraging an
enthusiastic community-wide effort rather than the minuscule efforts of a "dutiful few"
-Actually compensates players who take the time and energy to submit reports, since submitting reports are incredibly
time-intensive and shouldn't be a burden that your players should have to carry in the first place.

It's not a radical idea to incentivize and compensate players to report hackers imo. Until CubeCraft develops a more effective anti-cheat mechanism that can accommodate the sheer numbers of cheaters on the site, I feel like there has to be an extra measure taken to address the out-of-control hacker issue. It's just annoying and unnecessary at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: VenomDv3

VenomDv3

May 3, 2020
I agree apply incentives and trusted ranks for those of us actually trying to help reduce the amount of cheaters.

But I would also like to see a link to the git if the answer is "if you want an anti cheat why don't you* write one"

Okay, let's take a look at the progress you've made and lets get this written and implemented ASAP.

Reactions: Growlithe99
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on yeoxuhang's profile.
Thanks for the follow 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on Shamel's profile.
Happy birthday Shamel! 🎈
Eli
Is it time for SkyWars to retire from Java? :despair:
Kazwa wrote on xSchulzis's profile.