Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Gson

Novice Member
Feb 19, 2020
England
github.com
Sentinel, the anticheat does operate better in 1.9+ versions as the checks can be easier to create compared to 1.8. However, the infestation of cheaters currently is affecting the community drastically. I do have faith in the new anticheat developers, I'm more personally biased towards Funkemonkey as his anticheat work is very good and has been known throughout the anticheat community.

But creating the checks and debugging is the easy part. Integrating it across the network is the biggest issue not creating them. Testing, each check individually could take upwards of a month to make sure it doesn't false flag / false ban. Anti cheats such as AGC, don't function in the same way as Sentinel, as the anticheat can falsely flag due to specific features or effects in-game modes. Another reason cheaters are less seen on 1.9+ is due to not supporting 1.8 - 1.9 protocol support, not allowing players to play together.

We all understand the frustration, but the only way forward is to report players. Some players using clients may have custom coded clients dedicated towards CubeCraft. Reporting them allows the developers to create data on how the cheat operates and attmept to stop it. Many factors need to be considered, but we all do feel for you.

Reactions: funkemunky

funkemunky

Aug 11, 2018
Murica
Sentinel, the anticheat does operate better in 1.9+ versions as the checks can be easier to create compared to 1.8. However, the infestation of cheaters currently is affecting the community drastically. I do have faith in the new anticheat developers, I'm more personally biased towards Funkemonkey as his anticheat work is very good and has been known throughout the anticheat community.

But creating the checks and debugging is the easy part. Integrating it across the network is the biggest issue not creating them. Testing, each check individually could take upwards of a month to make sure it doesn't false flag / false ban. Anti cheats such as AGC, don't function in the same way as Sentinel, as the anticheat can falsely flag due to specific features or effects in-game modes. Another reason cheaters are less seen on 1.9+ is due to not supporting 1.8 - 1.9 protocol support, not allowing players to play together.

We all understand the frustration, but the only way forward is to report players. Some players using clients may have custom coded clients dedicated towards CubeCraft. Reporting them allows the developers to create data on how the cheat operates and attmept to stop it. Many factors need to be considered, but we all do feel for you.

Actually checks are easier to make in 1.8. 1.9 has some nasty changes. The only thing that makes 1.9 easier is the lack of need for an autoclicker check.

Pretty much everything else in this post is accurate.

Reactions: Gson

Gson

Novice Member
Feb 19, 2020
England
github.com
Actualy checks are easier to make in 1.8. 1.9 has some nasty changes. The only thing that makes 1.9 easier is the lack of need for an autoclicker check.

However, pretty much everything else in this post is accurate.

I was originally going to state that 1.8 is easier to make checks for. But I was also factoring the other developers that work on the anticheat and their experience, and generalized which version some developers find easier. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: funkemunky
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday have a good day/night today!:D
Frontlane wrote on xEefster's profile.
Gefeliciteerd 🥳
Frontlane wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉
Kazwa wrote on xEefster's profile.
happy birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom