Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

lilHatch

Novice Member
Dec 24, 2016
United States
Alright so I know this sounds somewhat morally wrong but just hear me out. So in the past Hypixel kind of stole Eggwars and made it into Bedwars and got insanely popular which might have made us lose some players. So I was thinking, not out of spite or revenge or anything like that, but just borrow some of their game ideas. Again I know it sounds wrong but it really isn't, simple games like Hide and Seek that seem to be very popular. If there is like a gentlemen's agreement between servers not to do this then maybe it isn't a great idea, but it seems like they already borrowed the idea of Eggwars. Just a though.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Uhhhhh... Technically CubeCraft stole the Eggwars idea from a German server.. So.. It's not like Eggwars was an original idea from CubeCraft. So Hypixel could've ''borrowed'' the idea from either CubeCraft or the German server. If I remember correctly, the German server's Bedwars was based off of game that already existed. They just made it into Minecraft.
But besides that, no.
CubeCraft doesn't really need new games imo. I'd love to see some of the old games return like the Parkour Minigame (Which is, before anyone quotes me saying this is already a thing, not the same as normal parkour.), Hour Glass and Super Craft Bros.
So I can't really see any new games being added.
Besides that, as you said, it sounds wrong.. They can't just go look around stealing other server's idea. Because that's basically what you're suggesting. It's not borrowing, it's stealing. Yeah, it's insanely hard to get an original idea now-a-days. That doesn't mean CubeCraft can just go steal Hypixel, or any other server for that matter, their ideas.
If you want new games, you should suggest that CubeCraft should add new games, and what kind of games, how the game works etc. etc.

''So I was thinking, not out of spite or revenge or anything like that, but just borrow some of their game ideas.''
How is this not out of spite or revenge? You mentioned twice that Hypixel ''stole the concept of Eggwars'' and then you go on and say that because of that, they should steal Hypixel their game ideas...
Please.. Please, please, please. I'm begging you, explain to me how this is not out of spite or revenge then?
If you would've said ''I'd love to see some new games, maybe CubeCraft can add some? Perhaps their own take on Murder Mystery or The Walls.'' (Yes, I know CubeCraft used to have a game that looked like the walls, it's just an example.). That would've sounded like you genuinely wanted new games. Now it 100% sounds you want CubeCraft to take revenge on Hypixel for stealing a game, that CubeCraft themselves stole in the first place..

Another thing: You suggested them adding Hide and Seek.. Because.. it ''seems to be popular..'' As I'm writing this, it has 96 players.. For CubeCraft, that's quite a lot.. For Hypixel that means it's quite dead. Games like Zombies and Party Games have twice as much players.
Or you know... Skyblock with 24k players..
But that has been suggested before, and people hated the idea.
So then you could look at something like Build Battle or Murder Mystery, minigames, that have a lot of players..
Hide and Seek is not popular..

I know it has nothing to do with the suggestion but it just really bothered me.

Anyway, no, this is a bad idea.

Reactions: Elenahh and Max ♠

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
Hypixel kind of stole Eggwars and made it into Bedwars
Can people put in the slightest amount of research before claiming this kind of bs?
RapidTheNerd (Hypixel Mod) said:
Ok let's get one thing straight

The original game came from a mode invented in Garrys Mod it has been carried across many large networks, and other gamemodes no one "invented" the game on minecraft it was made on garrys mod. The game was put into PTL to see how successful it would be, and the players like it if the players like it logically the admins won't remove it the whole goal of the network is to make a fun environment for our players to play on, this was the case with bedwars hence why its being moved to its own game at some point.

lilHatch

Novice Member
Dec 24, 2016
United States
Alright yeah, that makes sense, just an idea to maybe add variety but I totally see what you all mean, probably wouldn't be a good idea, thanks for the feedback.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I was just looking at the member list when I discovered something. I fail to believe that I am probably the first and the only person to have "Mint" in their username (probably).
I mean- come on, it isn't that bad-
how.PNG

I wanted to promote random people to admins and demote all the old staff, but here I am.
a9o2 wrote on camulos's profile.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!😍
a9o2 wrote on ItsWilliam32's profile.
Happy birthday! 🥰
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on henlo5964's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on henlo5964's profile.
Happy Birthday Henlo! 🎊
Top Bottom