Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

SGGSTNS

Novice Member
Feb 15, 2021
Hi! I come with a suggestion for BlockWars, all the ideas that I am going to present were thought for BlockWars CTF.
I see that BlockWars becomes more monotonous because it does not have such a large player base and because there is not much to vote, in addition to that people usually use the same kits, so I hope that with these changes can change that, I hope you like it!

I had to investigate if some of these ideas had already been submitted and did not find any similar threads.
I found this thread made by @Eli https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/blockwars-kit-revamp.220074/, I absolutely loved it! Although my ideas of changing the kits are not as radical as in that thread, they are a little simpler to encourage people to use other kits and see the potential they can have.

I also wanted to talk about team balance, but there were some similar threads that were already published:

There are many similar threads with very similar ideas, so there was no point in giving the same ideas in this thread, Camezonda in one thread said that he was speaking to one developer to ensure the correct balance in BlockWars, but I think the balance in BlockWars should go beyond the number of players per team, such as kits.
No 8v5 etc isn't fair. But dragging someone from a different team to balance a team mid-game is also unfair. Another issue is, the balancing system will ignore parties, and it doesn't want to split parties up to keep friends together. So 8v5 can happen if it's a party of 8. I'm currently speaking to a developer about this, to ensure that BlockWars Java has correct balancing. It will still NOT split up mid-game nor split up parties if possible. Parties might also be the lowest priority and are split up last, moving single users first, not sure.

I also wanted to give ideas for kits in bedrock because I also like to play CTF on bedrock but I found this thread https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/kits-for-blockwars-ctf-repost.282519/ made by @Andyyy and honestly I couldn't have done better!
And in this thread https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/blockwars-revamp.280812/ made by @Sammiee there are some interesting ideas, especially for core

Well I think that was a very long introduction, let's start with my ideas!

Changes in Kits
I've seen threads talking about adding new kits, but in my opinion, you can't invent new kits without thinking about how to fix the ones we currently have! here are some ideas.

⚔️Warrior
I think it is the most balanced kit, ideal for defending and also for attacking, I don't think it needs a change.

🏹Archer
It has stick with knockback I, wooden pickaxe and a bow with 20 arrows, it obtains a new arrow every 20 seconds when it has less than 5 arrows and up to a maximum of 5, If you want to have 20 arrows again, you better kill yourself.
Changes
  • Waiting 20 seconds for a new arrow it just ridiculous, it's better to just jump into the void and reappear with 20 arrows. So you would not respawn with 20 arrows every time you die… increase the number of arrows to 25, once you have throw all your arrows the cooldown to obtain 25 arrows again will starts, the cooldown would be 25 seconds. Respawning seconds will not count towards cooldown time. You will respawm with the same amount of arrows you had when you died.

💨Runner
An extremely powerful kit not only if the one using it is good at fighting, but also because of the large number of unfair advantages it has. It has speed 2, if you vote for Speed Modifier, increase its speed to 3 and all the other kits to speed 1, there is a big difference between speed 3 and speed 1, but that's fine. You can also have another extra point of speed if you or someone of your team take the Speed Powerup, so a runner can reach up to speed 4.
That is not such a big problem, the problem is when a runner takes the flag, the runner loses a speed point for taking the flag, so if the runner had speed 2 when took the flag the runner will still have speed 1, now imagine; if the runner had speed 3 when took the flag then will still have speed 2 which makes it difficult for other players to kill runners. On the other hand the other kits get slowness when they take the flag…
Changes
  • When a Runner takes the flag it loses two speed points, not 1; the kit will still be as good in combat but not as good at the moment of take the flag and capture. Losing two speed points means it will run at the same speed as the other non-runner players and it would be fairer for all players.

⛏️Miner
It is a good kit, you get the blocks that you mine and it has a stone pickaxe but it needs extra abilities.
Changes
  • Change its Stone Pickaxe to Iron Pickaxe
  • When you break a trap block the trap does not activate and therefore does not warn the player of the opposing team that their trap was activated
  • It does not receive the mining fatigue effect when you are taking the flag, only the clay

🍎Medic
A very important kit when working as a team, it receives a Splash Health Potion every 20 seconds after using it (you cannot have more than two potions), the potion can heal up to 6 hearts, it does not have much armor so it is relatively easy to kill. You respawn with the potion every time you die.
Changes
  • Change its leather chestplate to golden chestplate
  • Increase the AoE of the potion at least double
  • It should heal up to 8 hearts instead of 6

🟨Builder
An interesting kit that if you know how to use it at the beginning of the game you can capture in less than 1 minute. It appears with 5 blocks of yellow clay each time it dies, it can become quite powerful since no matter how much you go with bomber kit, someone from the team can constantly kill themself to cover their flag, which ends in completely boring games.
Changes
  • Add a cooldown time to get yellow clay blocks, the cooldown would work as in the archer kit, you would not respawn with 5 blocks every time you die, the cooldown would be 40 seconds, every 40 seconds you get 5 blocks again, not 1 block, but you must place your 5 blocks before the 40 seconds cooldown start. And same as the archer kit respawning seconds will not count towards cooldown time.

🐍Viper
No words, just remove it, it doesn't fit with BlockWars.

💣Bomber
It gets a bomb every 40 seconds after placing it (you can’t have more than 2 bombs) and the cooldown time does not reset when you die, unlike the summoner or the ninja so you don't respawn with a new tnt every time you die.
The bomb is nerfed so it does not break so many blocks, but if 3 players from the enemy team go bombers the first time it is more than enough to destroy the your defenses so it is a powerful kit, bombs can't destroy your team's blocks.
Changes
  • Add the cooldown time in the experience bar, just like the ninja and the summoner. Respawning seconds will not count towards cooldown time (remember that bombers do not respawn with a new tnt every time they die)
  • Change the leather chestplate for leather pants
  • Increase cooldown from 40 to 45 seconds

🛡️Tank
A pretty useless kit, it has iron chestplate, iron leggings, shield, wooden pickaxe with sharpness I and slowness II.
Changes
  • Change slowness II to slowness I
  • Add a new ability, it could be an iron bar in the hot bar, when you right click it gives you resistance 1 for 10 seconds, when you left click in one of your teammates, it gives them resistance 2 for 5 seconds. It would have a cooldown of 45 seconds. Respawn with the ability every time it dies, just like the ninja or summoner.

🐰Jumper
A very underrated kit but extremely good on maps like double hélix, bridges, positive, maybe… too good. It has jump boost III, does not have pickaxe and does not take fall damage.
Changes
  • Its bow now will have power I but It will still have an arrow
  • Not taking fall damage its powerful, it would take at least 25% of the fall famage, preferably 50%.
  • So, if you are runner and your team take speed powerup you get +1 speed, but if your team take the jump boost powerup all kits except jumper get +1 jump boost, it's very inconsistent so give the +1 jump boost to jumper when take the jump boost powerup.

🪄Summoner
It has the ability to spawn mobs (quite clumsy) every 45 seconds and you cannot have more than two mobs at a time, in my opinion it is a long time to wait!
Changes
  • Reduce the cooldown to 30 seconds and increase the number of mobs you can have at a time to 3
  • Improves radically their artificial intelligence, practically all mobs die because they fall into the void
  • Change the mobs that appear each time, what do I mean? Separate the mod by tiers!
  • Mob Tier 1: If you don't have any mobs alive, you have a mob tier 2 and tier 3 or you have a mob tier 3 then you can summon: Zombies, Squeleton, Wolf
  • Mob Tier 2: If you have a mob Tier 1 alive then you can summon: Baby Zombies, Creepers, Spiders
  • Mob Tier 3: If you have a mob Tier 2 alive then you can summon: Charged Creepers, Cave Spiders, Cats (as Lucky Islands) and Wither Skeletons
So as you can see, stronger mobs will appear each time but you have to take care that your previous mobs or yourself do not die! a much more useful and interesting kit than before dont you think?

🥷Ninja
A very unbalanced kit and probably the most powerful kit in the game, it has an iron sword, it has no armor but it can turn invisible every 30 seconds for 15 seconds! It is true that it has a cooldown of 45 seconds, but it has 15 seconds of invisibility, that means that it can become invisible again every 30 seconds, so it needs some changes
Changes
  • Increase the cooldown to 1 min but keep the invisibility time at 15 seconds, that means that it can become invisible every 45 seconds and not every 30
  • When you hit a player while invisible, the invisibility is removed. This also applies if someone hits you or if a mob from the summoner kit hits you.
  • If you take the flag and have the invisibility effect, you will not get the glowing effect until the invisility effect ends

So as you can see, ninja, summoner, medic and tank can use their ability directly after dying, builder, archer and bomber have a cooldown for their ability and does not count towards the respawn time

Changes in Powerups
I do not know exactly how often powerups appear on the maps since there are some maps in which when you take a powerup and another one appears immediately (most likely a bug) and the powerup must be taken before another appears. Powerups affect your entire team.
Changes
  • Make a powerup appears every 40 seconds, if another 40 seconds pass and the previous powerup was not taken, it will be replaced by a new one

All powerups lasts 10 seconds, currently we have: Jump Boost, Speed, Strength, Haste
I think it would be good to add some more powerups, for example:
  • Regeneration I
  • Resistance I (the effect will be added +1 to the new ability of the tank or when a team has resistance because it has few members)

Changes in Modifiers
Currently we have No modifier, Half Blocks, Double Blocks, Low Gravity and Speed, this means that there is not much variety when playing BlockWars since most people vote for half blocks, so I got the idea to separate the modifiers by game phases.

Build Phase Modifiers - Gold+
  • Normal Blocks (by defect): 72 blocks of your team colour + 3 trap blocks (Build Time = 1 minute)
  • Half Blocks: 36 blocks of your team colour + 2 trap blocks (Build Time = 1:30 minutes)
  • Double Blocks: 144 blocks of your team colour + 4 trap blocks (Build Time = 2:20 minutes)

Fight Phase Modifier - Diamond+
All fight phases will lasts 7 minutes.

• No modifier (by defect)
  • Speed: It gives to all players +1 speed (the effect will be removed in the Overtime Phase)
  • Low Gravity: It gives to all players +2 jump boost (the effect will be removed in the Overtime Phase)

✨NEW - Super Powerups
Powerups now appear every 25 seconds only during Fight Phase (in overtime no more powerups will appear) and there will be new powerups only available in this modifier apart from the normal ones, if another 25 seconds pass and the previous powerup was not taken, it will be replaced by a new one.
In this case I will split the powerups into those that affect the entire team in a positive way, those that affect the enemy team in a negative way and those that affect only the person who takes it to make this modifier more interesting and funny.

Powerups that affect the entire team in a positive way (They are basically the ones we all know)
  • Speed
  • Strength
  • Jump Boost
  • Haste
  • Ideas in this thread - Regeneration I & Resistance
  • Only in this modifier: Instant Health - It gives +3 hearts
Powerups that affect only to the person who take it (only in this modifier)
  • TNT - It gives a TNT, you lose the TNT if you die
  • Arrows - It gives +8 arrows
  • Invincibility - You are invincible for 5 seconds
  • Absorption - It gives +2 hearts
Powerups that affect the enemy team in a negative way (only in this modifier)
  • Slowness I - lasts 10 seconds
  • Blindness - lasts 5 seconds
  • Weakness - lasts 5 seconds

Overtime Phase Modifiers - Emerald+
  • Normal (by defect) - lasts 2 minutes, if a team captures then it will win if not the game will end in a tie.
  • ✨NEW - Hard - lasts 1:30 minutes, teams are not allowed to place blocks anymore, neither those that it was taken with the Miner Kit in the Fight Phase nor those that the Builder Kit gives you. Also, if someone takes the flag and dies, the flag stays on the ground (as a banner), it doesn't return to base. To return the flag to your base you will have to break the banner or if someone from the enemy team breaks it, they will automatically take it and be able to capture it.
  • ✨NEW - Sudden Death - There is no time limit, the first team to capture wins, as in BlockWars Bridges.

Well, I think that was all, I know it's a long thread that I don't think many people will read unless they like BlockWars a lot but I hope those people who read it like these ideas!
Remember react with :agree: if you like the suggestion, :unsure: if you are not sure and :disagree: if you are completely disagree.

Thanks for reading!
Also If you have any suggestions or something you don't like about any kit, powerup or modifier please comment!​

Jan 25, 2021
Hi! I come with a suggestion for BlockWars, all the ideas that I am going to present were thought for BlockWars CTF.
I see that BlockWars becomes more monotonous because it does not have such a large player base and because there is not much to vote, in addition to that people usually use the same kits, so I hope that with these changes can change that, I hope you like it!

I had to investigate if some of these ideas had already been submitted and did not find any similar threads.
I found this thread made by @Eli https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/blockwars-kit-revamp.220074/, I absolutely loved it! Although my ideas of changing the kits are not as radical as in that thread, they are a little simpler to encourage people to use other kits and see the potential they can have.

I also wanted to talk about team balance, but there were some similar threads that were already published:

There are many similar threads with very similar ideas, so there was no point in giving the same ideas in this thread, Camezonda in one thread said that he was speaking to one developer to ensure the correct balance in BlockWars, but I think the balance in BlockWars should go beyond the number of players per team, such as kits.

I also wanted to give ideas for kits in bedrock because I also like to play CTF on bedrock but I found this thread https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/kits-for-blockwars-ctf-repost.282519/ made by @Andyyy and honestly I couldn't have done better!
And in this thread https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/blockwars-revamp.280812/ made by @Sammiee there are some interesting ideas, especially for core

Well I think that was a very long introduction, let's start with my ideas!

Changes in Kits
I've seen threads talking about adding new kits, but in my opinion, you can't invent new kits without thinking about how to fix the ones we currently have! here are some ideas.

⚔️Warrior
I think it is the most balanced kit, ideal for defending and also for attacking, I don't think it needs a change.

🏹Archer
It has stick with knockback I, wooden pickaxe and a bow with 20 arrows, it obtains a new arrow every 20 seconds when it has less than 5 arrows and up to a maximum of 5, If you want to have 20 arrows again, you better kill yourself.
Changes
  • Waiting 20 seconds for a new arrow it just ridiculous, it's better to just jump into the void and reappear with 20 arrows. So you would not respawn with 20 arrows every time you die… increase the number of arrows to 25, once you have throw all your arrows the cooldown to obtain 25 arrows again will starts, the cooldown would be 25 seconds. Respawning seconds will not count towards cooldown time. You will respawm with the same amount of arrows you had when you died.

💨Runner
An extremely powerful kit not only if the one using it is good at fighting, but also because of the large number of unfair advantages it has. It has speed 2, if you vote for Speed Modifier, increase its speed to 3 and all the other kits to speed 1, there is a big difference between speed 3 and speed 1, but that's fine. You can also have another extra point of speed if you or someone of your team take the Speed Powerup, so a runner can reach up to speed 4.
That is not such a big problem, the problem is when a runner takes the flag, the runner loses a speed point for taking the flag, so if the runner had speed 2 when took the flag the runner will still have speed 1, now imagine; if the runner had speed 3 when took the flag then will still have speed 2 which makes it difficult for other players to kill runners. On the other hand the other kits get slowness when they take the flag…
Changes
  • When a Runner takes the flag it loses two speed points, not 1; the kit will still be as good in combat but not as good at the moment of take the flag and capture. Losing two speed points means it will run at the same speed as the other non-runner players and it would be fairer for all players.

⛏️Miner
It is a good kit, you get the blocks that you mine and it has a stone pickaxe but it needs extra abilities.
Changes
  • Change its Stone Pickaxe to Iron Pickaxe
  • When you break a trap block the trap does not activate and therefore does not warn the player of the opposing team that their trap was activated
  • It does not receive the mining fatigue effect when you are taking the flag, only the clay

🍎Medic
A very important kit when working as a team, it receives a Splash Health Potion every 20 seconds after using it (you cannot have more than two potions), the potion can heal up to 6 hearts, it does not have much armor so it is relatively easy to kill. You respawn with the potion every time you die.
Changes
  • Change its leather chestplate to golden chestplate
  • Increase the AoE of the potion at least double
  • It should heal up to 8 hearts instead of 6

🟨Builder
An interesting kit that if you know how to use it at the beginning of the game you can capture in less than 1 minute. It appears with 5 blocks of yellow clay each time it dies, it can become quite powerful since no matter how much you go with bomber kit, someone from the team can constantly kill themself to cover their flag, which ends in completely boring games.
Changes
  • Add a cooldown time to get yellow clay blocks, the cooldown would work as in the archer kit, you would not respawn with 5 blocks every time you die, the cooldown would be 40 seconds, every 40 seconds you get 5 blocks again, not 1 block, but you must place your 5 blocks before the 40 seconds cooldown start. And same as the archer kit respawning seconds will not count towards cooldown time.

🐍Viper
No words, just remove it, it doesn't fit with BlockWars.

💣Bomber
It gets a bomb every 40 seconds after placing it (you can’t have more than 2 bombs) and the cooldown time does not reset when you die, unlike the summoner or the ninja so you don't respawn with a new tnt every time you die.
The bomb is nerfed so it does not break so many blocks, but if 3 players from the enemy team go bombers the first time it is more than enough to destroy the your defenses so it is a powerful kit, bombs can't destroy your team's blocks.
Changes
  • Add the cooldown time in the experience bar, just like the ninja and the summoner. Respawning seconds will not count towards cooldown time (remember that bombers do not respawn with a new tnt every time they die)
  • Change the leather chestplate for leather pants
  • Increase cooldown from 40 to 45 seconds

🛡️Tank
A pretty useless kit, it has iron chestplate, iron leggings, shield, wooden pickaxe with sharpness I and slowness II.
Changes
  • Remove its slowness II
  • Add a new ability, it could be an iron bar in the hot bar, when you right click it gives you resistance 1 for 10 seconds, when you left click in one of your teammates, it gives them resistance 2 for 5 seconds. It would have a cooldown of 45 seconds. Respawn with the ability every time it dies, just like the ninja or summoner.

🐰Jumper
A very underrated kit but extremely good on maps like double hélix, bridges, positive, maybe… too good. It has jump boost III, does not have pickaxe and does not take fall damage.
Changes
  • Its bow now will have power I but It will still have an arrow
  • Not taking fall damage its powerful, it would take at least 25% of the fall famage, preferably 50%.
  • So, if you are runner and your team take speed powerup you get +1 speed, but if your team take the jump boost powerup all kits except jumper get +1 jump boost, it's very inconsistent so give the +1 jump boost to jumper when take the jump boost powerup.

🪄Summoner
It has the ability to spawn mobs (quite clumsy) every 45 seconds and you cannot have more than two mobs at a time, in my opinion it is a long time to wait!
Changes
  • Reduce the cooldown to 30 seconds and increase the number of mobs you can have at a time to 3
  • Improves radically their artificial intelligence, practically all mobs die because they fall into the void
  • Change the mobs that appear each time, what do I mean? Separate the mod by tiers!
  • Mob Tier 1: If you don't have any mobs alive, you have a mob tier 2 and tier 3 or you have a mob tier 3 then you can summon: Zombies, Squeleton, Wolf
  • Mob Tier 2: If you have a mob Tier 1 alive then you can summon: Baby Zombies, Creepers, Spiders
  • Mob Tier 3: If you have a mob Tier 2 alive then you can summon: Charged Creepers, Cave Spiders, Cats (as Lucky Islands) and Wither Skeletons
So as you can see, stronger mobs will appear each time but you have to take care that your previous mobs or yourself do not die! a much more useful and interesting kit than before dont you think?

🥷Ninja
A very unbalanced kit and probably the most powerful kit in the game, it has an iron sword, it has no armor but it can turn invisible every 30 seconds for 15 seconds! It is true that it has a cooldown of 45 seconds, but it has 15 seconds of invisibility, that means that it can become invisible again every 30 seconds, so it needs some changes
Changes
  • Increase the cooldown to 1 min but keep the invisibility time at 15 seconds, that means that it can become invisible every 45 seconds and not every 30
  • When you hit a player while invisible, the invisibility is removed. This also applies if someone hits you or if a mob from the summoner kit hits you.
  • If you take the flag and have the invisibility effect, you will not get the glowing effect until the invisility effect ends

So as you can see, ninja, summoner, medic and tank can use their ability directly after dying, builder, archer and bomber have a cooldown for their ability and does not count towards the respawn time

Changes in Powerups
I do not know exactly how often powerups appear on the maps since there are some maps in which when you take a powerup and another one appears immediately (most likely a bug) and the powerup must be taken before another appears. Powerups affect your entire team.
Changes
  • Make a powerup appears every 40 seconds, if another 40 seconds pass and the previous powerup was not taken, it will be replaced by a new one

All powerups lasts 10 seconds, currently we have: Jump Boost, Speed, Strength, Haste
I think it would be good to add some more powerups, for example:
  • Regeneration I
  • Resistance I (the effect will be added +1 to the new ability of the tank or when a team has resistance because it has few members)

Changes in Modifiers
Currently we have No modifier, Half Blocks, Double Blocks, Low Gravity and Speed, this means that there is not much variety when playing BlockWars since most people vote for half blocks, so I got the idea to separate the modifiers by game phases.

Build Phase Modifiers - Gold+
  • Normal Blocks (by defect): 72 blocks of your team colour + 3 trap blocks (Build Time = 1 minute)
  • Half Blocks: 36 blocks of your team colour + 2 trap blocks (Build Time = 1:30 minutes)
  • Double Blocks: 144 blocks of your team colour + 4 trap blocks (Build Time = 2:20 minutes)

Fight Phase Modifier - Diamond+
All fight phases will lasts 7 minutes.

• No modifier (by defect)
  • Speed: It gives to all players +1 speed (the effect will be removed in the Overtime Phase)
  • Low Gravity: It gives to all players +2 jump boost (the effect will be removed in the Overtime Phase)

✨NEW - Super Powerups
Powerups now appear every 25 seconds only during Fight Phase (in overtime no more powerups will appear) and there will be new powerups only available in this modifier apart from the normal ones, if another 25 seconds pass and the previous powerup was not taken, it will be replaced by a new one.
In this case I will split the powerups into those that affect the entire team in a positive way, those that affect the enemy team in a negative way and those that affect only the person who takes it to make this modifier more interesting and funny.

Powerups that affect the entire team in a positive way (They are basically the ones we all know)
  • Speed
  • Strength
  • Jump Boost
  • Haste
  • Ideas in this thread - Regeneration I & Resistance
  • Only in this modifier: Instant Health - It gives +3 hearts
Powerups that affect only to the person who take it (only in this modifier)
  • TNT - It gives a TNT, you lose the TNT if you die
  • Arrows - It gives +8 arrows
  • Invincibility - You are invincible for 5 seconds
  • Absorption - It gives +2 hearts
Powerups that affect the enemy team in a negative way (only in this modifier)
  • Slowness I - lasts 10 seconds
  • Blindness - lasts 5 seconds
  • Weakness - lasts 5 seconds

Overtime Phase Modifiers - Emerald+
  • Normal (by defect) - lasts 2 minutes, if a team captures then it will win if not the game will end in a tie.
  • ✨NEW - Hard - lasts 1:30 minutes, teams are not allowed to place blocks anymore, neither those that it was taken with the Miner Kit in the Fight Phase nor those that the Builder Kit gives you. Also, if someone takes the flag and dies, the flag stays on the ground (as a banner), it doesn't return to base. To return the flag to your base you will have to break the banner or if someone from the enemy team breaks it, they will automatically take it and be able to capture it.
  • ✨NEW - Sudden Death - There is no time limit, the first team to capture wins, as in BlockWars Bridges.

Well, I think that was all, I know it's a long thread that I don't think many people will read unless they like BlockWars a lot but I hope those people who read it like these ideas!
Remember react with :agree: if you like the suggestion, :unsure: if you are not sure and :disagree: if you are completely disaggre.

Thanks for reading!
nice guide, also BlockWars CTF Bedrock has a lot of players online

D

Deleted member 347571

Hello!

I see that you have put a lot of effort in this thread and you clearly have nice ideas, i do have a few concerns about some kits but i'm sure we could fix that together.

It's nice to see your new features such as super power-ups which could be a good addition for Core & CTF! I'd like to experiment with these more often. i honestly respect the amount of effort you have put in everything, i sadly don't know who you are so please add me on discord, Sammie#8599

I do not know if you are aware but there is currently a Blockwars related discord server, @Andyyy has been working on kits & modifiers with @Faytjee, i'm mostly trying to work on Core and Bridges or revamp some maps if i can, maybe we could work together and come up with a great and big update that will change blockwars forever? (,

siepp

Aug 18, 2019
Yes great thread, I love the changes for ninjas as it has been like the most OP kit for blockwars, I wouldn’t change the heal effect from the medic as its already pretty good and just underrated by a lot of people. Another idea of mine is just changing overtime to not being able to place blocks at all, doesn’t matter which modifier, as I feel people still place a lot of blocks in overtime with miner kit or builder kit and OVERTIME= NO BLOCKS

SGGSTNS

Novice Member
Feb 15, 2021
Thanks to all! it really means a lot :)
do not know if you are aware but there is currently a Blockwars related discord server, @Andyyy has been working on kits & modifiers with @Faytjee, i'm mostly trying to work on Core and Bridges or revamp some maps if i can, maybe we could work together and come up with a great and big update that will change blockwars forever? (,
Ow, that’s why andy asked me my Discord?

Reactions: Pescadoso
D

Deleted member 347571

Thanks to all! it really means a lot :)

Ow, that’s why andy asked me my Discord?
Yes i think so, i just putted your thread in the discord, whatls your minecraft name so i can give you credits?

Reactions: Pescadoso

Pescadoso

Novice Member
Jul 31, 2020
hey, thanks for placing my team balancing suggestion, about the changes I liked them, but the tank one I think a speedboost changing his armor to chainmail would be better, maybe it could be a new kit that gives protection 1 to his teammates?
the suggestion for no blocks during overtime is really necesary tbh

Reactions: SGGSTNS

BubbleF1sh

Novice Member
Oct 21, 2020
Aw snap! That's so much stuff to change. And I like it!
⚔️ Warrior; 🏹 Archer • 100% Agree

💨 Runner • I think that runner should lose all speed multipliers, because it's very hard to catch them, even if they have speed one. Yes, it will lose all advantages when taking a flag, but it will balance it.
⛏️ Miner • Mainly I agree, but I feel it a little overpowered, so it's better to test it first, not sure if it is.
🍎 Medic • 100% agree
🟨Builder • I agree and can add, that I was always improving team structure with builder in the begging, and also swapping to this kit when someone blow up our defend, and after placing 5 blocks I was just jumping into the void and respawning with another 5. It has to be fixed as you said.
🐍 Viper • 100% agree
💣Bomber • 100% agree
🛡️Tank • 100% agree
🐰Jumper • 100% agree

🪄 Summoner • Can't say anything, this kit just sucks so I don't have much experience to say if it's cool or not.
🥷 Ninja • 105% agree

And everything else is what I agree with

• Love

SGGSTNS

Novice Member
Feb 15, 2021
Aw snap! That's so much stuff to change. And I like it!
⚔️ Warrior; 🏹 Archer • 100% Agree

💨 Runner • I think that runner should lose all speed multipliers, because it's very hard to catch them, even if they have speed one. Yes, it will lose all advantages when taking a flag, but it will balance it.
⛏️ Miner • Mainly I agree, but I feel it a little overpowered, so it's better to test it first, not sure if it is.
🍎 Medic • 100% agree
🟨Builder • I agree and can add, that I was always improving team structure with builder in the begging, and also swapping to this kit when someone blow up our defend, and after placing 5 blocks I was just jumping into the void and respawning with another 5. It has to be fixed as you said.
🐍 Viper • 100% agree
💣Bomber • 100% agree
🛡️Tank • 100% agree
🐰Jumper • 100% agree

🪄 Summoner • Can't say anything, this kit just sucks so I don't have much experience to say if it's cool or not.
🥷 Ninja • 105% agree

And everything else is what I agree with
Ty😍

• Agree
Reactions: BubbleF1sh

Wauterrr

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
The Unknown
I really like the changes you mentioned but in order to make blockwars more playable, they need to change the number of players that could fit in a team. It's quite hard to get to the flag or core. The problem with teams of eight is that if you kill let's say two people at your own base right after you spawned and maybe lose half of your health if you're a good player and you dodge the other six players of the enemy team because your team is holding them off. By the time you are at their base those two players respawned and maybe even more enemies respawned because your team killed them and then you need to fight them all over again but this time with less health. It is so hard to fight your way through all the enemies killing them makes it only worse because they will respawn and you have to start all over again. And most of the time it isn't two people you're fighting on your way to their flag or core. It feels more like ffa than blockwars that's basically the only reason why I dislike blockwars it's too crowded.

D

Deleted member 347571

I really like the changes you mentioned but in order to make blockwars more playable, they need to change the number of players that could fit in a team. It's quite hard to get to the flag or core. The problem with teams of eight is that if you kill let's say two people at your own base right after you spawned and maybe lose half of your health if you're a good player and you dodge the other six players of the enemy team because your team is holding them off. By the time you are at their base those two players respawned and maybe even more enemies respawned because your team killed them and then you need to fight them all over again but this time with less health. It is so hard to fight your way through all the enemies killing them makes it only worse because they will respawn and you have to start all over again. And most of the time it isn't two people you're fighting on your way to their flag or core. It feels more like ffa than blockwars that's basically the only reason why I dislike blockwars it's too crowded.
That's why it is important to play as a team and not just do your own thing, sometimes it's also the map where the spawn is to close to the flag.

Wauterrr

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
The Unknown
That's why it is important to play as a team and not just do your own thing, sometimes it's also the map where the spawn is to close to the flag.
Exactly I agree but its hard to communicate with 7 other players to all push in or wait for everyone to spawn and then push. Most people just ignores it or defend the flag/core all the time whatever you say.
Also when you remove 3 players from a team the defense also becomes way less which also improves the gameplay. Still with half blocks which is voted the majority of the time the games still take ages and very often in overtime. Overtime should only be for the long games once in a while and shouldn't be part of the regular playtime.
I believe on bedrock it's 5v5 and on bridges on java it's also 5v5 why should blockwars capture the flag or core be any different.

D

Deleted member 347571

Exactly I agree but its hard to communicate with 7 other players to all push in or wait for everyone to spawn and then push. Most people just ignores it or defend the flag/core all the time whatever you say.
Also when you remove 3 players from a team the defense also becomes way less which also improves the gameplay. Still with half blocks which is voted the majority of the time the games still take ages and very often in overtime. Overtime should only be for the long games once in a while and shouldn't be part of the regular playtime.
I believe on bedrock it's 5v5 and on bridges on java it's also 5v5 why should blockwars capture the flag or core be any different.
What they could do is making tutorial, 8 v 8 is fine especially when playing with friends. It's also challenging when you play 8 v 8 (2 parties)

Blockwars has been 8 v 8 since 2013 or something so i'd rather keep it like that. I do get where you're coming from though.

Goldvelocity982

Novice Member
Sep 10, 2020
somewhere in asia
It should heal up to 8 hearts instead of 6
I agree with a lot of the changes and suggestions given by you that should be implemented, but 8 hearts for a single splash potion is too much. if a team has 3 medics instead of one, and the opponent has only one medic, then THAT would be kit unbalancing. Teams should be given equal (or almost equal) kits and it shouldn't be that "Hey look! My team has so many speeders and attackers, yet the enemy takes barely and damage because they have three medics and if they void then the potions will come back into their inventory."

There are a few things that should be changed, like the problem with medics, but I am sure that the devs will find a way to fix it if this thread goes to them.

Good thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom