Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

The Crowbar

Jul 1, 2016
Proxima Centauri, Milky Way
So, I always hear about CubeCraft wanting to give hackers chances, and blah blah blah

Okay, cool, that's awesome.

My friend Vaporeon got mad that so many people hack, so he went and hacked a few times, and got banned for his first time.

So, in every post that have something to do with appeals, there are mods making essays about giving people a chance, and they DO give SOME people a chance.
If you want to give people chances, why didn't you accept his appeal, even though I've seen appeals accepted on the fifth ban
Sure, give people a chance. Just give ALL people a chance, because this is just plain unfair.

Before people come here and yell about this not being a suggestion, it IS a suggestion. Either accept everyone's appeals, or don't accept any.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I think that hackers should only get their second chance once their punishment has expired. If the evidence provided shows them flying, using kill aura, or whatever hacks beyond the slightest of doubt, they should not get to appeal. For the extremelyrare cases of extreme lag or false bans, appeals need to be there. And trust me, extreme lag looks like a hack. I had a one bar at one point, and in a game, I was literally flying in the air. Now granted I couldn't move, but I was still frozen in mid air, and someone probably could have reported me for it. I just provided this example to show that appeals need to be selective. It can't be "everyone gets a free accepted appeal!" or "no one can appeal, ever." Every case is unique, and must be handled with care and good judgement.

And there is your essay about second chances from someone other than a mod. :P

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
If you want to give people chances, why didn't you accept his appeal
Maybe it got denied because of what he said in his appeal.

We only unban players who have a good reason to be unbanned.
Besides that, players need to put effort in their appeal.
A simple "plz unban won't do again" will not do for me.

Dani211e

Nov 3, 2016
Denmark
I don't get why he would hack. if he says he hates hackers, then why go ahead and hack, it only adds to the ammount of hackers there are on the server. yesterday i met a hacker and he was SO serious about that he ONLY hacked so that he could get rid of other hackers/teamers/campers. but he still killed legit players.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
So, I always hear about CubeCraft wanting to give hackers chances, and blah blah blah

My friend Vaporeon got mad that so many people hack, so he went and hacked a few times, and got banned for his first time.

So, in every post that have something to do with appeals, there are mods making essays about giving people a chance, and they DO give SOME people a chance.
If you want to give people chances, why didn't you accept his appeal, even though I've seen appeals accepted on the fifth ban
Sure, give people a chance. Just give ALL people a chance, because this is just plain unfair.

Before people come here and yell about this not being a suggestion, it IS a suggestion. Either accept everyone's appeals, or don't accept any.
What kind of suggestion is this? I'm not trying to be rude, but there are some times when a staff member can feel merciful and other times when they feel as the person did not do a good appeal. Mods accept or decline appeals usually depending on what they say. If they something like what @zDutchie said, they get rejected.

On the 5th ban btw, there could be loads of reasons. I've seen people like that but sometimes, they were hacked, or something else happened. What happens in that is kinda not your business and this is completely weird that you make a suggestion like this.

All cases are unique like @TheBrownster904 said. You can't just expect Mods to deny everyone otherwise there will be people complaining about their false ban. You can't accept all of the appeals as some look like it took 4 seconds to do such as,"plz unbann xx_360noscope101!" (This is an example, I've never been banned).

Either way, you can't suggest to put appeals as ALL this or all that or things don't go into place. -1

The Crowbar

Jul 1, 2016
Could you please give an example?

Once we receive an appeal, we take all things into account -- and we make a justified reasoning for accepting or denying someone's appeal.
Screen%2BShot%2B2016-12-25%2Bat%2B1.34.44%2BPM.png

Back in the old report system I had people banned like 5 times. How do access the reports from the old system? But look at this guy from the new system. @zDutchie don't tell me you'd accept this guy's appeal.

https://plus.google.com/photos/phot...538841796466?icm=false&authkey=CN-XgubTi6noPg

The Crowbar

Jul 1, 2016
I don't get why he would hack. if he says he hates hackers, then why go ahead and hack, it only adds to the ammount of hackers there are on the server. yesterday i met a hacker and he was SO serious about that he ONLY hacked so that he could get rid of other hackers/teamers/campers. but he still killed legit players.
Yeah, I know, I tried to tell him, but he still hacked

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop

The Crowbar

Jul 1, 2016
1: it's her decision
2: you can't access your old reports
3: If a guy was banned 5 times, it was probably because of the old system (1 week, 1 month, 12 months, perm).
No, there were unbanned from appeals
And I'm just telling zDutchie that this guy has been appealed twice, so if his appeal is accepted, I'm gonna give you a 95% chance that he's gonna hack

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
3: If a guy was banned 5 times, it was probably because of the old system (1 week, 1 month, 12 months, perm).
No. Old system was 1 week->1 month->permanent.

If the guy's banned 5 times, it's because he appealed 2 times and both got accepted. Later on he got banned 3 times under the old system. Other case is appealing 3 times and accepted and then banned 2 times under the new system.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
No. Old system was 1 week->1 month->permanent.

If the guy's banned 5 times, it's because he appealed 2 times and both got accepted. Later on he got banned 3 times under the old system. Other case is appealing 3 times and accepted and then banned 2 times under the new system.
I cant remember :p
Thanks for correcting me though :D

betty's oldies

Forum Expert

How about a more strict punishment system at the start? Hacking = permaban (chance to appeal if it's false).

If your friend hacked, then he deserved it. He has become the best player above his peers by getting banned; after all, bans and mutes are the ultimate ideal (good to have). It shows that he's taken action to help.

People get their chance already when they join the server. First chance = new to the server. Second chance = after 1st offense (lenient if you ask me).

Appeals are lenient compared to other appeals who deny regardless if the banned player is guilty.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
How about a more strict punishment system at the start? Hacking = permaban (chance to appeal if it's false).

If your friend hacked, then he deserved it. He has become the best player above his peers by getting banned; after all, bans and mutes are the ultimate ideal (good to have). It shows that he's taken action to help.

People get their chance already when they join the server. First chance = new to the server. Second chance = after 1st offense (lenient if you ask me).

Appeals are lenient compared to other appeals who deny regardless if the banned player is guilty.
That will obviously not work.
The punishment way is fine as is and there is a reason why it isn't straight up perm. It is a warning punishment but if they hack again, most cases it's R.I.P.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
That will obviously not work.
The punishment way is fine as is and there is a reason why it isn't straight up perm. It is a warning punishment but if they hack again, most cases it's R.I.P.
For an MC server, that's fine. It's up to what the server owners think about punishments.

As I've stated, people want to be banned and muted, which is a good thing. The idea is to "be an average player, or become the best quickly," which is precisely the ideal these players are following.

U

Unipotato

I'm not sure this is much of a suggestion. Staff will read bans at some point, don't bug them. They are busy dealing with more important things than hackers with sob stories. The appeal will be read, be patient.

D

Deleted member 169486

Let's start with his appeal. It would most likely denied because his reason for unban was not good enough. You said he was unhappy with the amount of hackers, so he hacked himself. He would know pretty well that hacking is againsed the rules, and there will be a punishment that follows.

In his appeal, he most likely said he was "just trying" or "wanted to make a point" and hacked because of that. In my opinion, neither of those things would get accepted, but that's just me.

They will accept appeals from people who seem honest, and genuinely want to be unbanned. Like zDutchie said, they would accept appeals for 'plz unban me I am sozy pls nuban me'

MooTa

Dedicated Member
Jul 25, 2016
YouTube
I am sure he got his appeal denied on what he said. If everyone gets unbanned, it will cause so many problems. if your friend truly wants to get unbanned tell him to contact the moderator that banned him.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Desiderata's profile.
henlo haha
UncleSpect wrote on MarkDeEngeMan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow mark! 🎈
anyone with admin/server mod skills and experience inncreating a discord server hmu it's for a project related to fhg (hope this isn't advertising bc it's gonna be cubecraft related either way)
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Eli's profile.
Heya cool person how are you today?:D
Kazwa wrote on Dreamer's profile.
thanks for the follow Dreamer! ^-^
images (1).jpg
Top Bottom