Votes: 1 7.1%
  • None of the above

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

BanBoy

Apr 21, 2016
In my room
Hello fellow Cubers,

I am one of the many players, that records and reports people for doing stuff they are not allowed to do.
Recently I've encountered a player that eventually got banned and was able to get unbanned after 4 hours. This thread is not about him, rather about the fact that you can get unbanned so fast.

First suggestion: You can appeal immediately, but your ban time will only be reduced by 75%.
This one is my favourite as people will still be punished, but if they are truly sorry, they won't get punished as hard as someone who's not sorry. I feel like they should still get punished, as they are/were rule breakers. And when a reporter sees that he's report got accepted, he's happy because he put time and afford in the report. That way the time and afford putting into the report isn't all gone.

Second suggestion: You will only be able to appeal after a certain amount of time.
This isn't a great suggestion as people who were banned falsely can't get unbanned asap. Moderators will also get messages from people asking to get unbanned. This is basically so they banned person has time to think about what he has done. I do still prefer the first suggestion.

@YounB @Nikooo @zDutchie

Reactions: hgbf and Buuuddy

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
I understand the suggestions, but i thought i would explain (from what i know) about appeals. From the staff I talk to, they work on honesty ; this means if a player is honest in an appeal (admitting and promising never to hack) , that player will usually get unbanned. If a player says "Oh it was lag", the ban will be enforced.

I agree with your first suggestion, I think that hackers should still get some kind of punishment, I'd agree with around 75% to 80% of the original punishment. I do not agree with the second idea, it will just cause players to spam staff for an unban.

As to what agent said:

One question. What would 75% of a permaban be. Theoretically still a permaban.

I think that it could be maybe 6 months? I'm not too sure to be honest.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Banning is not a life sentence. Banning is not jail. Banning is not isolation.
Banning is a lesson given to you, that you're supposed to learn from.
Making the punishments harsher only shows hatred for who wants to be forgiven.
This also shows how apparently people report other people just to make them suffer...

Reactions: BanBoy

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Banning is not a life sentence. Banning is not jail. Banning is not isolation.
Banning is a lesson given to you, that you're supposed to learn from.
Making the punishments harsher only shows hatred for who wants to be forgiven.
This also shows how apparently people report other people just to make them suffer...
By reducing it by 75% they still get punished and thereby know that there is a punishment which makes them way more likely to not hack again. If they just appeal and get away with it easily they might instead just lower their hack settings to make it look more legit instead to prevent getting perm banned.

Reactions: BanBoy

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
By reducing it by 75% they still get punished and thereby know that there is a punishment
You need to know there's a punishment to make an appeal ;-;
If they just appeal and get away with it easily they might instead just lower their hack settings to make it look more legit instead to prevent getting perm banned.
They're still hacks and again get banned...

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday Forums Guru (ELI) Enjoy your day and I hope these small messages here make your day! 🥳
JokeKaedee wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday, Eli! I hope that today will be filled with joy and happiness only!!
Enjoy your day 🐉 :heart:
Reesle wrote on RatedManMp46's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Matriox wrote on Eli's profile.
HI

ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY

happy birthday Eli

1714947914949.png

1714948030659.png

here, take some beans:
1714948068073.png
Hoshi wrote on Eli's profile.