Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on Lucky Islands, try to stay on topic!

MoonDE

Apr 6, 2024
Minecraft 06.04.2024 02_55_57.png

MoonDE

Apr 6, 2024
Its defenitely an unfair advantage so it wont be allowed
It always depends on the skins. In my case, yes it's unfair...

But for people who paid for their skins on the marketplace, it's unfair to hide them behind some placeholders. There are only a few skins that are really unfair, best example is the Star Wars skin pack with yoda, this bulky monster etc. - those should be hidden. But you can hide either all or none :<

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
It always depends on the skins. In my case, yes it's unfair...

But for people who paid for their skins on the marketplace, it's unfair to hide them behind some placeholders. There are only a few skins that are really unfair, best example is the Star Wars skin pack with yoda, this bulky monster etc. - those should be hidden. But you can hide either all or none :<
Even a small variation in the size of your player model is enough of an unfair advantage, case in point, the enderman skin on your screenshot, has a much smaller width, making it much harder for a player to be able to land a hit on you. Even if the difference is small, it still shouldn't be allowed! I would personally not want to see custom skins become an additional part of the "meta' or "strategy" and would rather continue to level the playing field equally for everyone as they are currently doing.

The fact that these skins are "paid for" is an even greater reason to ban them, because it's pretty unethical to allow certain players to have tactical advantages over others because they paid for it. In fact, it is disallowed by Mojang's Usage Guidelines.

In the past the costume skins and capes was allowed but now its not and for my opinion i want to bring back the capes

I disagree, capes in Bedrock were quite an issue back in the day, people more often than not would use them to display inappropriate imagery, making the Moderation team's work harder than it should.

Mr Jii Gamer

Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Even a small variation in the size of your player model is enough of an unfair advantage, case in point, the enderman skin on your screenshot, has a much smaller width, making it much harder for a player to be able to land a hit on you. Even if the difference is small, it still shouldn't be allowed! I would personally not want to see custom skins become an additional part of the "meta' or "strategy" and would rather continue to level the playing field equally for everyone as they are currently doing.

The fact that these skins are "paid for" is an even greater reason to ban them, because it's pretty unethical to allow certain players to have tactical advantages over others because they paid for it. In fact, it is disallowed by Mojang's Usage Guidelines.

I disagree, capes in Bedrock were quite an issue back in the day, people more often than not would use them to display inappropriate imagery, making the Moderation team's work harder than it should.
But there is a capes of mojang the official capes they can just allowed it and disabled the costume one

Reactions: Eli

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
I would personally not want to see custom skins become an additional part of the "meta' or "strategy" and would rather continue to level the playing field equally for everyone as they are currently doing.
I remember seeing that a lot back when mineplex used to exist. For context: Mineplex used to allow custom skin models.

Some players would pick a yoda or a baby-ghast skin from the packs available in the marketplace (I think those two specific skins might even be free), and they abused it to make themselves harder to hit.

I often had to readjust my aim to not aim at their skins but the empty spaces above them(when fighting yoda) because while the skin is smaller, the hitbox always remains the same size.

The ghasts were a bit easier, the only visible part of them was their head, which was floating, so as long as you know how to keep your crosshair at head level, you were fine. The only good thing about them was that they made for good target practice.

MoonDE

Apr 6, 2024

"[...] because it's pretty unethical to allow certain players to have tactical advantages over others [...]"

Don't tell me about ethics. What about mobile players having to play against a PC player with all the hotkeys, their mouse sensivity etc.?

Or the fact that Microsoft plays with kids naivety, manipulating them into paying with real money for things they could just mod into the game by watching 1-2 tutorials, and we as Bedrock players support this by playing on here.

It's sometimes fun to break guidelines and rules and we all do it at some point somewhere. It's also fun to troll, I have to admit

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
"[...] because it's pretty unethical to allow certain players to have tactical advantages over others [...]"

Don't tell me about ethics. What about mobile players having to play against a PC player with all the hotkeys, their mouse sensivity etc.?
Such is the unfortunate case of any cross platform game with a large player base, there is prone to be some unwanted overlap within the different input devices. I thought CubeCraft had device-based matchmaking for this exact reason? If such is no longer the case that’s very unfortunate and should absolutely be supported again.

Regardless of whether you think people from different devices have an advantage over you or not, why would you want to allow for there to be an even greater inequality of opportunities amongst players? Allowing custom sized skins will inevitably turn into a strategy to some, and all of a sudden you don’t just have one unfair dynamic to complain about, you have two!

Or the fact that Microsoft plays with kids naivety, manipulating them into paying with real money for things they could just mod into the game by watching 1-2 tutorials, and we as Bedrock players support this by playing on here.

I don’t disagree that some marketplace content out there is an absolute scam, but I’d like to see you create some of the more advanced stuff out there with 1-2 tutorials…

Not to mention that whatever content young players purchase within the marketplace needs to be authorized by an adult, so it’s on them if they make a bad purchase. Microsoft did not invent clueless parents.

It's sometimes fun to break guidelines and rules and we all do it at some point somewhere. It's also fun to troll, I have to admit

Fun at the expense of others’ enjoyment should not be encouraged in a gaming community in my opinion.

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
You sound like the type of person to have an old account perma-banned for trolling.

No, not everyone does it at some point. Most don't.

Fun at the expense of others’ enjoyment should not be encouraged in a gaming community in my opinion.
A lot of games encourage that anyway by design. There is a reason sweats in gaming exists and a reason they are annoying. The difference is they, unlike the guy you replied to, do not act like its normal to break guidelines in order to do what they do.

MoonDE

Apr 6, 2024
Such is the unfortunate case of any cross platform game with a large player base, there is prone to be some unwanted overlap within the different input devices. I thought CubeCraft had device-based matchmaking for this exact reason? If such is no longer the case that’s very unfortunate and should absolutely be supported again.

Regardless of whether you think people from different devices have an advantage over you or not, why would you want to allow for there to be an even greater inequality of opportunities amongst players? Allowing custom sized skins will inevitably turn into a strategy to some, and all of a sudden you don’t just have one unfair dynamic to complain about, you have two!

I don’t disagree that some marketplace content out there is an absolute scam, but I’d like to see you create some of the more advanced stuff out there with 1-2 tutorials…

Not to mention that whatever content young players purchase within the marketplace needs to be authorized by an adult, so it’s on them if they make a bad purchase. Microsoft did not invent clueless parents.

"[...] and all of a sudden you don’t just have one unfair dynamic to complain about, you have two!"

But the skins is the exact thing I want, so why would I complain? It's just a game

You basically always play with the expense of others' enjoyment, no matter what you do because winning = happy feelings, losing = unhappy/salty feeling(s).
Players will learn to deal with such people on their own, they will find the weaknesses and begin to grow beyond themselves.

Of course, an enderman skin is too unbalanced, that is why this skin will never be sold on the marketplace. I only took the enderman to make the screenshot a little funnier in comparison. But skins that are only 2 pixels taller are unfair?
I can't share this strict view on things honestly, but you do you...

MoonDE

Apr 6, 2024
I'm used to mods so much that it's unnatural for me to not mod skins into the game atp. It was normal for me as a kid so I don't see anything bad with it today as well, since the legacy console editions are long dead and the skins don't affect any living soul on any server other than private worlds, so whats the crying for.

The basic skin model is boring in the long run and just because I think that way doesn't mean that I break every rule there is to have just fun.

MoonDE

Apr 6, 2024
The basic skin model is boring in the long run and just because I think that way doesn't mean that I break every rule there is to have just fun.
Do with this info what you want. It was funny for the first 2 times, but it starts to annoy me. _o/

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
You basically always play with the expense of others' enjoyment, no matter what you do because winning = happy feelings, losing = unhappy/salty feeling(s).
Not really? Losing and winning are just things you have to accept, but its one thing to just lose, and its another to lose in a really annoying or unfair way.

If I lose "normally", just being taken out by some guy in some game, I have to live with that, but if I lose to crossteamers I have every right to be mad. Or if I lose to a cheater.

I'm used to mods so much that it's unnatural for me to not mod skins into the game atp.
That's what we call a "you problem". Besides, though you are free to correct me on that, I think most players don't even use mods, regardless of the edition and device they play on. Much less ones with modded skins, especially ones modded this severely. I also don't think most players play with such things often enough for it to be "unnatural" to not mod skins.

I think that way doesn't mean that I break every rule there is to have just fun.
Your thoughts about skins are not what makes me think you do break every rule there is to have fun, its the "It's sometimes fun to break guidelines and rules and we all do it at some point somewhere. It's also fun to troll, I have to admit" that got me concerned, and its that same comment that makes me not trust anything you have to say in regards to guidelines and rules.

Players will learn to deal with such people on their own, they will find the weaknesses and begin to grow beyond themselves.
This comment also doesn't exactly paint a "good light" on you. You are indirectly justifying all sorts of things on the base of hoping players will "learn how to deal with them".

Players should absolutely not be forced to deal with certain behaviors or situations. Especially ones they realistically can do very little or nothing about.

And btw, if that was in any way true, we'd have figured out ways to combat cheaters and rule breakers that did not involve reporting them or relying on the anticheat. So on top of looking sus af of having broken rules at some point you are also completely wrong.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy Birthday mister daily facts! 🥳
JustNathie wrote on Camezonda's profile.
Happy Birthday! 💜 🎉
Frontlane wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Happy birthday! 🧁
UncleSpect wrote on xLucq's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom