Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
Currently, the only statistics being measured publicly for most game modes are wins. The only way to see how you rank is by getting to the top 200 on Java or 50 for Bedrock. This is adequate, but new players, or people who don't play much/don't have a lot of time to devote can easily become dejected by these ever growing counting statistics.

I'm not necessarily advocating for rate statistics such as k/d ratio, kill per game, or bow accuracy to get their own leaderboards. However, I think it could serve as a motivating factor to not only display rate statistics in the profile menu, but also provide the player with percentile data for all their stats; counting and rate. Similar to Hypixel's Skyblock's resources for example, your stats display the number, followed by a percentile (or an actual rank if that number places in the top 50 or so server-wide). Since rate statistics are finicky for small amounts of games (getting 15 kills in 1 game is far easier than averaging 15 kills for 200 games), if implemented, they should be tracked after 100 games played for any game mode.

"Ranks" could also be given in game to accompany a player's statistics. For instance, (Note: these numbers are arbitrary, and the methodology is ambiguous) the top 10% of players would get "gold rank" the next 20% would get "silver rank", and the next 30% would get "bronze rank." These ranks could be displayed in the public lobby, and serve as further motivation for people to continuously play and try to get better, while also serving as a status symbol for the tens of thousands of players outside the top 200 or top 50.

I have also come up with a skill-measuring metric that, despite potentially being difficult to track, would be really cool if implemented. I'm calling it "Combat Efficiency." It ranges from 0 to 10, but I expect most values will fall between 0.5 and 2 with 1 being average. It's based off this premise: For any instance of combat between players, if they were to play perfectly, they would have predictable health totals at the end of the combat given their armor, weapons, and effects, yet the actual outcome differs from this model. Players who are better at the game would theoretically do more damage and take less than expected in combat - vice versa for worse players. These are the necessary calculations:

Damage Per Hit (DPH): Calculate the damage one hit from each player (with their strongest weapon) would do to the other
Expected Percent Damage (EPD): DPH for each player divided by sum of DPH for both players
Actual Percent Damage (APD): Total damage given from each player to the other divided by the total damage dealt by each player to the other in the actual instance of combat
Combat Efficiency for one instance of combat (CEinstance): APD(for that player)/EPD(for that player)
Total Combat Efficiency (CEtotal): Average of all CEinstance

Reactions: Drakie❤

Onik

Dedicated Member
Nov 25, 2016
California
Currently, the only statistics being measured publicly for most game modes are wins. The only way to see how you rank is by getting to the top 200 on Java or 50 for Bedrock. This is adequate, but new players, or people who don't play much/don't have a lot of time to devote can easily become dejected by these ever growing counting statistics.

I'm not necessarily advocating for rate statistics such as k/d ratio, kill per game, or bow accuracy to get their own leaderboards. However, I think it could serve as a motivating factor to not only display rate statistics in the profile menu, but also provide the player with percentile data for all their stats; counting and rate. Similar to Hypixel's Skyblock's resources for example, your stats display the number, followed by a percentile (or an actual rank if that number places in the top 50 or so server-wide). Since rate statistics are finicky for small amounts of games (getting 15 kills in 1 game is far easier than averaging 15 kills for 200 games), if implemented, they should be tracked after 100 games played for any game mode.

"Ranks" could also be given in game to accompany a player's statistics. For instance, (Note: these numbers are arbitrary, and the methodology is ambiguous) the top 10% of players would get "gold rank" the next 20% would get "silver rank", and the next 30% would get "bronze rank." These ranks could be displayed in the public lobby, and serve as further motivation for people to continuously play and try to get better, while also serving as a status symbol for the tens of thousands of players outside the top 200 or top 50.

I mean if you're a new player or someone who doesn't play as much then I'm pretty sure you're not playing to be apart of the leaderboards but rather in terms of having fun. Should you wish to be apart of these leaderboards then it doesn't really require much of any skills it just requires you to devote some time out of your day to strive to make it to the top 200 or 50 depending on the edition of Minecraft that you're playing on. In my opinion, any goal requires time, patience and motivation if you really want to achieve it. As far as changing leaderboards they should keep it as just wins and giving out ranks for how well you're doing or placed sounds kinda stupid imo.

I have also come up with a skill-measuring metric that, despite potentially being difficult to track, would be really cool if implemented. I'm calling it "Combat Efficiency." It ranges from 0 to 10, but I expect most values will fall between 0.5 and 2 with 1 being average. It's based off this premise: For any instance of combat between players, if they were to play perfectly, they would have predictable health totals at the end of the combat given their armor, weapons, and effects, yet the actual outcome differs from this model. Players who are better at the game would theoretically do more damage and take less than expected in combat - vice versa for worse players. These are the necessary calculations:

Damage Per Hit (DPH): Calculate the damage one hit from each player (with their strongest weapon) would do to the other
Expected Percent Damage (EPD): DPH for each player divided by sum of DPH for both players
Actual Percent Damage (APD): Total damage given from each player to the other divided by the total damage dealt by each player to the other in the actual instance of combat
Combat Efficiency for one instance of combat (CEinstance): APD(for that player)/EPD(for that player)
Total Combat Efficiency (CEtotal): Average of all CEinstance

Skills aren't really something you can measure this easily with just an equation, in my opinion, there really isn't any fundamental equation that can measure your skills as several outside attributes can make a significant difference to these statistics. At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter if you're good or bad at a game, it's just a game.
Overall, it's just a No, from me, lovely ideas though.

Reactions: Miauw and Starry

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Hi there,
I agree with the main idea of this suggestion. I'm not sure if I like the sound of "ranks," but Skill Measuring would be really cool, as it is not a feature on any other Bedrock servers, and would attract a lot of players. And the Damage Per hit etc could be in the "advanced" statistics.
Another thing I was thinking was having an "overall" category, where it shows your overall time played on the network, all wins, all deaths, etc. The only problem with all of this is that CubeCraft currently have no calculations of Damage Per hit etc, so current players will not have those statistics, therefore they would be inaccurate for the time you've been on CubeCraft. And CubeCraft will need a lot more player data, so it may have to be a VIP feature.
While I don't think ranks would be a good reward for those 30%+ on the leaderboards, There could be some kind of reward, like cubelets. I just think ranks might confuse players.
Anyways, it's a great idea and would attract a lot of players, but it's highly unlikely that CubeCraft will add this (especially on both networks), because of the time and resources it takes to set up. Thanks for your suggestion :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom