Votes: 6 31.6%
  • No I don't.

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

HarryVanSunweb

Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2015
Sun
Would like to add the topic of school too, stay focused on that!! Studying hard is the key to succes in life and if you ruin it now because you want to play a few rounds of skywars then stop it.
Same thing for the staff members, if you feel like you have other more important things to do or if you can't keep up with school/job and Minecraft at the same then leave, it will hurt in the long run.
Believe me, I DONT play minecraft/go on the forums. After my homework is finished. School is #1

Renss

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2015
What are irl friends? :(
LMAO
Hey, I've been on cubecraft for a long time and watching this forums a few times a day worries me! Some of you seem to be here all day long, and it worries me that your friends are only from cubecraft and not IRL friends.
This post may seem weird, but I don't want anyone to be addiced to Minecraft or to cubecraft friends, because even tough they are friends they probably will not be able to help you in the future if you ever need it.

Guys please don't be in front of thr computer all day long, go outside, make sport etc. Let's go!
Peace.

Edit:
Thanks for the answers, for me the point of this thread is to aware people, don't let any game consume you, a few mistakes you make online could cost you in the future.

Would like to add the topic of school too, stay focused on that!! Studying hard is the key to succes in life and if you ruin it now because you want to play a few rounds of skywars then stop it.
Same thing for the staff members, if you feel like you have other more important things to do or if you can't keep up with school/job and Minecraft at the same then leave, it will hurt in the long run.
I have a lot of IRL friends and they also play minecraft, but they are busy too, so I play loneley.

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands
Good post @Guardi4n !
I was struggling for a while as well, I don't have a lot of homework to do due to my school giving me the chance to finish that on school during the lessons. I had a lot of free time and I basically spend it all to minecraft, I felt addicted and that's why I stopped playing during the school days. MC is a secret thing I do, and I really enjoy playing with the tons of friends I made here. Of course I have IRL friends, but we're not that kind of people who go to someones home to chill, we go out a lot. MC is here to be fun, and entertain people. I do believe it can actually help people if you find the right friends, who really care about you and don't just see you as an online friend. I definately have made those kind of friends here and I'm really happy with it.

Unfearful

Forum Expert
Oct 9, 2015
the Netherlands
Good post @Guardi4n !
I was struggling for a while as well, I don't have a lot of homework to do due to my school giving me the chance to finish that on school during the lessons. I had a lot of free time and I basically spend it all to minecraft, I felt addicted and that's why I stopped playing during the school days. MC is a secret thing I do, and I really enjoy playing with the tons of friends I made here. Of course I have IRL friends, but we're not that kind of people who go to someones home to chill, we go out a lot. MC is here to be fun, and entertain people. I do believe it can actually help people if you find the right friends, who really care about you and don't just see you as an online friend. I definately have made those kind of friends here and I'm really happy with it.
This is exactly me, thanks for explaining ;) But yeah, mc is a secret part of me either. I made also new friends here on the forums and Cubecraft itself. I also have Twitter what I made only for following 1 YT'er about mc. But I learned a lot of new people due my Twitter and grown up to 110 followers. Just great :)

Deestinyer

Dec 24, 2015
Dystopia/England
I've kind of come to realise this a few months back.

With my exams coming up in just 2 months, I've become very inactive.
My friends know that I've been stressing out quite a fair amount over these exams, hence they are trying to take me out somewhere almost every weekend.

Most of my friends know that I play games. Two years ago, my best friend and I were playing minecraft almost every day. However then she just played it less and less, eventually her pc broke so she decided to get on with other things.

Now, I only play games whenever I have time off school - and that also tends to be after I've completed a good amount of schoolwork too. Not going to lie, it's pretty hard letting go of the things you enjoy doing so much for other things.

But priorities must be made, and I made mine :)

Reactions: CARDAN18

HarryVanSunweb

Dedicated Member
Nov 7, 2015
Sun
Good post @Guardi4n !
10/10 you just described my life. Except that I play hockey in my spare time ;)

Aimee2323

Forum Expert
Jan 3, 2014
Crazy Land
Here's my viewpoint on it:

it worries me that your friends are only from cubecraft and not IRL friends.
The thing is, internet friends are often a lot better friends than IRL friends. You're shoved into school, and your options are limited. For example, in primary, we had about 40 people in our year, and that was considered big. So there were 40 people to create a friendship group out of. On cubecraft, there are wayyy more possibilities, and there's no pressure to suddenly create a friendship group, so you're more likely to end up with better friends. Also, it's way easier for a lot of people to type out things than to speak to people IRL, so it's way easier to make friends. My point is, internet friends are often better friends than IRL friends, and I can say for a fact my internet friends are better than my real life ones (sorry irl friends if you're reading this (still like you tho) (you did kinda abandon me in the middle of France though, and you told the whole PE class something personal and lied about it to my face, etc js))

they probably will not be able to help you in the future if you ever need it.
What kind of help?
First of all, my internet friends already help me emotionally, like, a lot. Second of all, with the whole 'they're not physically there' argument, who doesn't want an excuse to travel the world?!? With friends in lots of different countries, you can get a free personal tour guide, a free place to stay, and best of all you have a great friend to have fun with, like imagine how amazing them holidays would be! Second of all, @superxsnap and I shall help each other lots in the future and support each other lots and make sure the other person is happy in the future.

Guys please don't be in front of thr computer all day long, go outside, make sport etc. Let's go!
No thanks, I just get shouted at for being terrible when I do sports.

There's always something to distract you from schoolwork, it's not only the server. Plus, internet friends can help each other with school work ^.^.

Stefanvld

Forum Expert
May 24, 2014
Behind you.

The thing is, internet friends are often a lot better friends than IRL friends. You're shoved into school, and your options are limited. For example, in primary, we had about 40 people in our year, and that was considered big. So there were 40 people to create a friendship group out of. On cubecraft, there are wayyy more possibilities, and there's no pressure to suddenly create a friendship group, so you're more likely to end up with better friends. Also, it's way easier for a lot of people to type out things than to speak to people IRL, so it's way easier to make friends. My point is, internet friends are often better friends than IRL friends, and I can say for a fact my internet friends are better than my real life ones (sorry irl friends if you're reading this (still like you tho) (you did kinda abandon me in the middle of France though, and you told the whole PE class something personal and lied about it to my face, etc js))

What kind of help?
First of all, my internet friends already help me emotionally, like, a lot. Second of all, with the whole 'they're not physically there' argument, who doesn't want an excuse to travel the world?!? With friends in lots of different countries, you can get a free personal tour guide, a free place to stay, and best of all you have a great friend to have fun with, like imagine how amazing them holidays would be! Second of all, @superxsnap and I shall help each other lots in the future and support each other lots and make sure the other person is happy in the future.

There's always something to distract you from schoolwork, it's not only the server. Plus, internet friends can help each other with school work ^.^.
Preach.

Exlipse_

Forum Expert
Sep 18, 2014
Europe
www.youtube.com

What kind of help?

^

RPoule

Dedicated Member
Jan 13, 2016
Netherlands

What kind of help?

Agreed, wow thats a good description!

hgbf

Forum Veteran
Oct 27, 2015
Behind the command block
minecraft.net

What kind of help?

^

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
I play all day long Minecraft because I got 2 weeks holiday (Last week I'm going to Rome, again.). And when school begins back, I'll always do first my homework so. But I'm a computer addict tells my mom. :(

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
Hey, I've been on cubecraft for a long time and watching this forums a few times a day worries me! Some of you seem to be here all day long, and it worries me that your friends are only from cubecraft and not IRL friends.
This post may seem weird, but I don't want anyone to be addiced to Minecraft or to cubecraft friends, because even tough they are friends they probably will not be able to help you in the future if you ever need it.

Peace.

Edit:
Thanks for the answers, for me the point of this thread is to aware people, don't let any game consume you, a few mistakes you make online could cost you in the future.

Ah, so that's why parents hate video games so much: their kids are addicted!

But that doesn't explain why parents try to keep kids that have never played from playing. You can't just assume that just because a whole bunch of other people are addicted doesn't mean their kids are... I think adults are just jealous that we have electronics as kids and they don't 8-).

Maceshank

Dedicated Member
Jul 28, 2014
Oslo, Norway.
I understand this article almost too much. There is a reason that I have not been on minecraft at all the last year. I have been addicted to a certain ps4 game and have just gotten over it. I just want to tell anyone who may be reading this comment to listen to what Nilton said, he is right about this and just how much it can affect your life. I have a ton of real life friends now and am even in an advanced math class :)

cocai

Dedicated Member
Dec 29, 2013
dubai

What kind of help?

I can see where you're coming from but it could also be seen from a contrary point of view.

I have more tendencies to socialize with people in real life simply because of the fact that I can relate to them more. On Minecraft, I just can't really relate with people as much and make friends due to most of them not having the same interests as I do. Might sound weird, but I don't feel the same connection when talking to people through text or a Skype call than when talking to people in real life. This is mostly because people often say things on the internet that they wouldn't in real life (everyone's guilty of it). So, I have a personal preference of having real life friends rather than internet friends. In the end, it depends on your interests and who you hang around with.

Please don't take this in a harsh manner, as it was not my intention to be rude. I only wanted to rebut the general statement that you have made.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

C95689C6-C73E-40B4-9CD7-76C479A7E2D5.png

Here’s my son, I made him in biology today! Say hi to Jimothy!
Not one to normally complain about this type of stuff here but the amount of people using auto-clickers on the new bedwars game is vile. Even a few on the leaderboards which is just something else.
UncleSpect wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Desiderata wrote on savina875's profile.
thabks 4 folow
UncleSpect wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
hoiii cas bearr
Top Bottom