Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

?

• Total voters

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
If they add this, it will become the most popular gamemode. Cubecraft don't want this (I've spoken to the management team, admins etc and they told me this themselves, I'll find the screenshots of the conversation later if you want any proof) because there is no way to make profit off of this, whereas other games (eggwars, skywars etc) they can because people will spend money on ranks to vote for gamemodes/health etc.
One way for cubecraft to make profit off of this is maybe make it so that there is a cap of the number of ranked duels you can have per day and donators get more. For example: Stone rank = 10 ranked duels daily, iron = 12, lapis = 15, gold = 20, diamond = 25, emerald = 30, obsidian = 35.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
If they add this, it will become the most popular gamemode. Cubecraft don't want this (I've spoken to the management team, admins etc and they told me this themselves, I'll find the screenshots of the conversation later if you want any proof) because there is no way to make profit off of this, whereas other games (eggwars, skywars etc) they can because people will spend money on ranks to vote for gamemodes/health etc.
One way for cubecraft to make profit off of this is maybe make it so that there is a cap of the number of ranked duels you can have per day and donators get more. For example: Stone rank = 10 ranked duels daily, iron = 12, lapis = 15, gold = 20, diamond = 25, emerald = 30, obsidian = 35.
Please don't give them ideas, otherwise I'll ban myself from this server.

D

Deleted member 346231

Good lord that is the worst idea I've seen all day.

toby-

Dec 13, 2016
@Mega_Toby can you explain? Or do you not have a reason?
I think making new games is bad for Cubecraft, a lot of members are already leaving the server and games last forever to fill. I prefer to get the games that people actually play updated, rather than make UHC and get 1/2 players for it. This is cool, but nobody will play it anymore after 1 week.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
rather than make UHC and get 1/2 players for it.
Difference is; UCH, bingo, blockband (rip komodo), barn brawl etc. are all games nobody asked for (or so poorly executed that everyone hated it, see UHC). Ranked duels is actually something a lot of players want,

This is cool, but nobody will play it anymore after 1 week.
which is why I highly doubt that.

Duels is one of the gamemodes people actually play updated, as you said you preferred. It would also require just 2 players to fill one game, so those games will fill very quickly. From your point of view, it would make a lot of sense to add ranked duels.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I think I remember answering this exact thread. Generally ranked duels are a good idea, but I don't think there should be a separate ranking for each kit. It would take longer to find a match and matches wouldn't be as good because the best opponent might be in the queue for another kit. Players should be able to select their favourite kits in the settings and those will have a higher chance to be chosen randomly. Maybe one op and one normal ranked queue.

Reactions: toby- and xLuiiJox

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Idea = ok
Implementation needs changes.

Now, this place being the only large fairly competitive combat server, this could not only benefit us, but could result in us getting a large competitive 1.9+ playerbase which is kinda cool.

Ranked duels should only have one or two kits and should support all fighting styles.

How about this-

One gap
Food
A sheild
Full (protection 1) iron
Diamond sword
Diamond axe
10 Arrows
A bow
Lava bucket
Watet bucket, splash water bottles
Blocks, preferably wool so we can include efficiency 3 shears.

This ELO would depend solely on this kit.
I'd say that as well as a kit with just armor and a sword, and an archer kit. Maybe make sword and axe a different kit. That's max 4 kits which would solve @MagnificentSpam 's problem.
Sounds good?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

8 years on the forums!
Otherworld wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Thank you for the follow!
UncleSpect wrote on GiGaGekkies's profile.
You are amazing <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Ola! Happy Birthday! :)
GiGaGekkies wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday <3
Top Bottom