Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

cryptofrogz

Novice Member
Jul 18, 2023
England
Experience for wins
I have recently joined back to the server to play a couple games of each mode. After my games I wondered why was the amount experienced differed between each mode, Why is one game mode rewarding more XP than the others. For example I can go play a solo skywars game and be rewarded 125xp or I could play a mega skywars and be rewarded 350xp for the same amount of time on some occasions. First of all I am assuming the length of a game is a factor that influences how much you receive due to the example above. If a game mode match is naturally shorter then yes it should receive less experience for a win in my opinion however players with better skill are always going to try and exploit the most XP efficient mode to grind, like a good team of 4 grinders would rather choose Mega SW than SW Squads. Some factors that may come into play for these players is How long does an average game last? What’s the payout in XP? How much skill is required? <—— this is semi irrelevant but the point is could this initiative be another factor to how the payout is calculated for each mode?(Payout = amount of xp per win) Ultimately i would like to finalise “Time” as one of the minor factors but it stills plays a part.

IMG_1482.jpeg

Secondly moving onto another factor which is skill. Skill should probably be the biggest influence on why the payout you receive are set for winning a game which is mainly capped at 125xp to 250xp for the most popular main game modes.I know skywars requires some skill but so does all the other game modes… Survival games is an example where you get rewarded 100xp per win however the criteria is almost the same as skywars apart from you can’t build and there is no void to fall into, is that really the difference between 25xp? But then we have eggwars on the other hand where you can respawn/die as much as you like with your egg not being eaten and you get rewarded 250xp, double the amount of skywars…it just doesn’t add up as well when you put things together. But then eggwars has a more complex object than skywars - get ores, buy items at a shop, defend egg,build to another players base, eat an egg, kill the team (Repeat) Compared to Loot chests, build to islands, Kill player (Repeat). I maybe contradicted myself earlier saying it didn’t add up however now this could help lead us to something - Bigger Objective = Bigger Reward Could this be why Mega SW gives the winners a payout of 350xp? But wait a minute… eggwars mega only payouts 250xp per win. Obviously having more players means more objectives can either be met quicker or more easily but it can also make the game mode more risky. Now there is a higher risk the same principle can be applied/translated Bigger Risk = Bigger Reward. Now because you only have 1 life in SW and there is more opponents than ever in mega is 350xp a reasonable amount? Hmmm it’s rather debatable but in this moment I would say that it could possibly receive more than eggwars mega but maybe not such a high amount as it is currently at (250?, 300?) as you can respawn in eggwars. Now let’s quickly rank all the Gamemodes in order of skill required to play.
Least Skill—
Parkour-
Just running and jumping
Minerware- Running,jumping and some basic Minecraft skills
Skyblock- Basic Minecraft knowledge
Battle Arena- Basic pvp
Lucky Blocks- Minecraft knowledge + basic pvp
Survival Games- Basic Minecraft knowledge + moderate pvp
Eggwars- Basic Minecraft knowledge + moderate pvp
Skywars- Moderate Minecraft knowledge + moderate pvp
Most Skill—
I’m sure some people would like to contest or think otherwise of my list (I do have my reasoning behind this) - Feel free to bring it up if you would like

What I have brought away from skill being a major factor is that it definitely plays a big part in the process of the amount you receive at the end of a game due to the many ways it can be applied to gameplay and the situations and objectives that occur when playing. Since the scale goes from a player running around and jumping to being able to bridge, PvP and applying tactics to beat an opponent.

IMG_1495.jpeg

Lastly moving onto the final factor I’ll be talking about is Levels. Levels are well layed out with corresponding to the amount of experience received per win in my opinion going from level 1->2 only takes 4 eggwars wins and progressively gets higher and more demanding the higher level you become. Obviously at the beginning of playing cubecraft the first month or so is just fun and games (1hr long matches)(Max gear fighting) and most of the beginner players will only reach around level 15-20 in that period of time. From a Upcoming or Leaderboard player perspective experience slowly gets more and more daunting to collect when level 100+ which obviously equates to just short of 200 wins in some main game modes to level up once.

IMG_0489.jpeg

Right enough with my thoughts and an absolute random load of waffle, I have your attention now hehehe…
These are the current amounts of experience received for winning a game.

Eggwars Teams of 1,2,4,10 - 250xp
Egg Duel - 45xp
-

Skywars Team of 10 (mega) - 350xp
Skywars Teams of 1,2,4 - 125xp
Skywars duel - 20xp
-
Lucky Block 1,4 -
120xp
Lucky Block Duel - 25xp
-
Survival Games Teams of 1,2 -
100xp
-
Minerware -
125xp
-
CTF -
30xp (50xp per Flag score)
CTF duel - 50xp
Bridges - 30xp (5xp per Pit score)
Bridges Duel - 30xp (5xp per Pit score)
GiGa - N/A
-
Competitive Parkour -
10xp
Battle arena Duel - 10xp

Personally I see a little bit of structure on some modes more than others for example the blockwars section seems layered out pretty well compared to skywars where it’s a little bit in shambles. I feel like some of the modes should get some rebalancing done whilst still retaining a good reward but maybe not as much as it currently is receiving. My proposal includes a possible reconsideration of experience payouts on the server consisting of that duels receive between 15%-20% the experience of a main mode with the slight tweak of some of the main mode payouts.

Egg Duel - 45xp —> 50xp
-
Skywars Team of 10 (mega) - 350xp —> 250xp
Skywars Teams of 1,2,4 - 125xp —> 150xp? (Unsure)
Skywars duel - 20xp —> 25xp
-
Lucky Block 1,4 -
120xp —> 125xp
Lucky Block Duel - 25xp
-
100xp —> 125xp
-
Minerware -
125xp
-
CTF -
30xp (50xp per Flag score) —> 100xp (25xp Flag score)
CTF duel - 50xp
Bridges - 30xp (5xp per Pit score) —> 75xp (15xp per Pit score)
Bridges Duel - 30xp (5xp per Pit score) —> 35xp (5xp Pit score)
GiGa - N/A
-
Competitive Parkour -
10xp
Battle arena Duel - 10xp

(New Experience amount’s received per win)

Starting off with Skywars mega the experience will be decreased due to the fact that no mode should be receiving more than 250xp in my opinion although it is very nice it does slightly feel odd. Lucky block should just receive the extra 5xp it’s not going to hurt anyone let’s be real. My dear oh dear beloved survival games has been neglected for too long, most games without semi good players last around 4minutes and can be a little draining waiting for border to come in due to the lack of player trackers in OP *cough* cough* therefore a nice extra 25 xp compensation would be rather nice. But in all seriousness Survival games has the same objective as skywars which is to loot chests then kill the other remaining teams it’s just without building and being able to break blocks (unless your me). Even if survival games is raised up to 120 experience a win I believe that there is still a variety of payouts amongst all the game modes (ok this is totally not a biased fight for a raise for survival games). Anyways enough with that, I’ve played quite a lot of Blockwars in the past and with new edition of 10v10 (#BringBack5v5) it would only be fair for an increase in experience rewarded to players for their contribution to the objective and getting a win. Beforehand on bridges 5v5 a generous amount of 100xp was rewarded for a win until that got reduced shortly following a update into a 10v10 where it would be a more realistic payout. However that is why I chose to rise the objective payout to 15xp instead of keeping it at 5xp and an increase of 30xp for a win to 75xp. For capture the flag I have chosen to increase the payout of a win to 100xp rather than 30 but to counteract this I have reduced the amount you receive from the objective. As in capture the Flag only a total of 3 flags can be captured on either side per game therefore it is more of a team effort then solo effort and everyone receives a fair share of contribution in the win payout.

I doubt this will have any effect or impact on the cube win experience payouts but I will leave it here just as something to be referred to as a long term player’s experience and thoughts on what should possibly be modified on the server. I just would personally like hear how the devs came up with these numbers in the first place for the game modes and how/why they are influenced from time to time.

Anyways that’s all from me, feel free to share any thoughts you guys have on anything related to this here!

~Frogz 🐸

Mr Jii Gamer

Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Experience for wins
I have recently joined back to the server to play a couple games of each mode. After my games I wondered why was the amount experienced differed between each mode, Why is one game mode rewarding more XP than the others. For example I can go play a solo skywars game and be rewarded 125xp or I could play a mega skywars and be rewarded 350xp for the same amount of time on some occasions. First of all I am assuming the length of a game is a factor that influences how much you receive due to the example above. If a game mode match is naturally shorter then yes it should receive less experience for a win in my opinion however players with better skill are always going to try and exploit the most XP efficient mode to grind, like a good team of 4 grinders would rather choose Mega SW than SW Squads. Some factors that may come into play for these players is How long does an average game last? What’s the payout in XP? How much skill is required? <—— this is semi irrelevant but the point is could this initiative be another factor to how the payout is calculated for each mode?(Payout = amount of xp per win) Ultimately i would like to finalise “Time” as one of the minor factors but it stills plays a part.

View attachment 227528

Secondly moving onto another factor which is skill. Skill should probably be the biggest influence on why the payout you receive are set for winning a game which is mainly capped at 125xp to 250xp for the most popular main game modes.I know skywars requires some skill but so does all the other game modes… Survival games is an example where you get rewarded 100xp per win however the criteria is almost the same as skywars apart from you can’t build and there is no void to fall into, is that really the difference between 25xp? But then we have eggwars on the other hand where you can respawn/die as much as you like with your egg not being eaten and you get rewarded 250xp, double the amount of skywars…it just doesn’t add up as well when you put things together. But then eggwars has a more complex object than skywars - get ores, buy items at a shop, defend egg,build to another players base, eat an egg, kill the team (Repeat) Compared to Loot chests, build to islands, Kill player (Repeat). I maybe contradicted myself earlier saying it didn’t add up however now this could help lead us to something - Bigger Objective = Bigger Reward Could this be why Mega SW gives the winners a payout of 350xp? But wait a minute… eggwars mega only payouts 250xp per win. Obviously having more players means more objectives can either be met quicker or more easily but it can also make the game mode more risky. Now there is a higher risk the same principle can be applied/translated Bigger Risk = Bigger Reward. Now because you only have 1 life in SW and there is more opponents than ever in mega is 350xp a reasonable amount? Hmmm it’s rather debatable but in this moment I would say that it could possibly receive more than eggwars mega but maybe not such a high amount as it is currently at (250?, 300?) as you can respawn in eggwars. Now let’s quickly rank all the Gamemodes in order of skill required to play.
Least Skill—
Parkour-
Just running and jumping
Minerware- Running,jumping and some basic Minecraft skills
Skyblock- Basic Minecraft knowledge
Battle Arena- Basic pvp
Lucky Blocks- Minecraft knowledge + basic pvp
Survival Games- Basic Minecraft knowledge + moderate pvp
Eggwars- Basic Minecraft knowledge + moderate pvp
Skywars- Moderate Minecraft knowledge + moderate pvp
Most Skill—
I’m sure some people would like to contest or think otherwise of my list (I do have my reasoning behind this) - Feel free to bring it up if you would like

What I have brought away from skill being a major factor is that it definitely plays a big part in the process of the amount you receive at the end of a game due to the many ways it can be applied to gameplay and the situations and objectives that occur when playing. Since the scale goes from a player running around and jumping to being able to bridge, PvP and applying tactics to beat an opponent.

View attachment 227529

Lastly moving onto the final factor I’ll be talking about is Levels. Levels are well layed out with corresponding to the amount of experience received per win in my opinion going from level 1->2 only takes 4 eggwars wins and progressively gets higher and more demanding the higher level you become. Obviously at the beginning of playing cubecraft the first month or so is just fun and games (1hr long matches)(Max gear fighting) and most of the beginner players will only reach around level 15-20 in that period of time. From a Upcoming or Leaderboard player perspective experience slowly gets more and more daunting to collect when level 100+ which obviously equates to just short of 200 wins in some main game modes to level up once.

View attachment 227527
Right enough with my thoughts and an absolute random load of waffle, I have your attention now hehehe…
These are the current amounts of experience received for winning a game.

Egg Duel - 45xp
-

Skywars Team of 10 (mega) - 350xp
Skywars Teams of 1,2,4 - 125xp
Skywars duel - 20xp
-
Lucky Block 1,4 -
120xp
Lucky Block Duel - 25xp
-
100xp
-
Minerware -
125xp
-
CTF -
30xp (50xp per Flag score)
CTF duel - 50xp
Bridges - 30xp (5xp per Pit score)
Bridges Duel - 30xp (5xp per Pit score)
GiGa - N/A
-
Competitive Parkour -
10xp
Battle arena Duel - 10xp

Personally I see a little bit of structure on some modes more than others for example the blockwars section seems layered out pretty well compared to skywars where it’s a little bit in shambles. I feel like some of the modes should get some rebalancing done whilst still retaining a good reward but maybe not as much as it currently is receiving. My proposal includes a possible reconsideration of experience payouts on the server consisting of that duels receive between 15%-20% the experience of a main mode with the slight tweak of some of the main mode payouts.

Egg Duel - 45xp —> 50xp
-
Skywars Team of 10 (mega) - 350xp —> 250xp
Skywars Teams of 1,2,4 - 125xp —> 150xp? (Unsure)
Skywars duel - 20xp —> 25xp
-
Lucky Block 1,4 -
120xp —> 125xp
Lucky Block Duel - 25xp
-
100xp —> 125xp
-
Minerware -
125xp
-
CTF -
30xp (50xp per Flag score) —> 100xp (25xp Flag score)
CTF duel - 50xp
Bridges - 30xp (5xp per Pit score) —> 75xp (15xp per Pit score)
Bridges Duel - 30xp (5xp per Pit score) —> 35xp (5xp Pit score)
GiGa - N/A
-
Competitive Parkour -
10xp
Battle arena Duel - 10xp

(New Experience amount’s received per win)

Starting off with Skywars mega the experience will be decreased due to the fact that no mode should be receiving more than 250xp in my opinion although it is very nice it does slightly feel odd. Lucky block should just receive the extra 5xp it’s not going to hurt anyone let’s be real. My dear oh dear beloved survival games has been neglected for too long, most games without semi good players last around 4minutes and can be a little draining waiting for border to come in due to the lack of player trackers in OP *cough* cough* therefore a nice extra 25 xp compensation would be rather nice. But in all seriousness Survival games has the same objective as skywars which is to loot chests then kill the other remaining teams it’s just without building and being able to break blocks (unless your me). Even if survival games is raised up to 120 experience a win I believe that there is still a variety of payouts amongst all the game modes (ok this is totally not a biased fight for a raise for survival games). Anyways enough with that, I’ve played quite a lot of Blockwars in the past and with new edition of 10v10 (#BringBack5v5) it would only be fair for an increase in experience rewarded to players for their contribution to the objective and getting a win. Beforehand on bridges 5v5 a generous amount of 100xp was rewarded for a win until that got reduced shortly following a update into a 10v10 where it would be a more realistic payout. However that is why I chose to rise the objective payout to 15xp instead of keeping it at 5xp and an increase of 30xp for a win to 75xp. For capture the flag I have chosen to increase the payout of a win to 100xp rather than 30 but to counteract this I have reduced the amount you receive from the objective. As in capture the Flag only a total of 3 flags can be captured on either side per game therefore it is more of a team effort then solo effort and everyone receives a fair share of contribution in the win payout.

I doubt this will have any effect or impact on the cube win experience payouts but I will leave it here just as something to be referred to as a long term player’s experience and thoughts on what should possibly be modified on the server. I just would personally like hear how the devs came up with these numbers in the first place for the game modes and how/why they are influenced from time to time.

Anyways that’s all from me, feel free to share any thoughts you guys have on anything related to this here!

~Frogz 🐸
Wow there is a lot of information here about cubecraft

Casualpoalrbear

Forum Expert
Sep 11, 2022
Somewhere in the North pole
m.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I feel like Minerware should be higher than Skyblock, mainly because Skyblock isn't really a competition. I would also possibly put minerware about battle arena as well strictly because of FFA but I can see why you put that above Minerware. I also think maybe lucky blocks should be moved up as there more Rng involved in it than survival games.

cryptofrogz

Novice Member
Jul 18, 2023
England
Ahem. There's more than just two of you, you know.
Indeed there is an army of us out here.

IMG_1098.jpeg

I agree with these changes. Some gamemodes like BlockWars definitely deserve more xp. This also provides as a nice list of xp for each gamemode - I might use this later. Very well-made thread 🐸

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Top Bottom