Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

sidioussteve

Oct 1, 2022
Yeah the only reason why I liked the server so much was because it had the best tower defense game I've ever seen. I'm extremally disappointed at these "better" developments as they have deleted the game i dearly enjoyed. its been 6 years of playing on this server. I registered for the first time to write this.

Shmee1501655

Novice Member
Sep 13, 2021
Yeah the only reason why I liked the server so much was because it had the best tower defense game I've ever seen. I'm extremally disappointed at these "better" developments as they have deleted the game i dearly enjoyed. its been 6 years of playing on this server. I registered for the first time to write this.
Tower defense was really fun. Cubecraft has been very frustrating with first removing among slimes, then all the rest of their games. I can't blame the staff because they have nothing to do with why Cubecraft hasn't had enough players. I do think they could have had a vote on which games to remove.

Reactions: Matriox

Romyv12

Apr 18, 2020
Hey CubeCrafters!

Nearly 10 years ago CubeCraft was created by @rubik_cube_man , this birth occurred on the original version of Minecraft, Java Edition. We've been a Java server for most of our history, we pioneered all of our current Bedrock games on this version. Today we sit here with a huge platform which has held over 25 games loved by tens of millions of players all over the world.

I was one of these millions of players, joining in 2014 to pass time whilst I was in school, it ended up being more fun than I could've imagined and now I've been here for 8 years and now operate internally with the rest of the team working on making those same experiences for other players.

Working at CubeCraft has been super fun, I love spending months on updates and then watching all of you experience it and talk about it. Those release days are always my favourite even if they are a bit stressful! One of the things I've learned from being on the CubeCraft Team is that sometimes tough decisions need to be made.

Even as a loving dedicated community member I am faced with one reality, our Java platform is struggling. It cannot support itself with 1,000 players, especially with its current structure which was intended for way more.

I don't want to be a big Godzilla and ruin everything for all of you, I came onto the CubeCraft team to make things better no matter what, sometimes this can only be achieved by taking risks.

At this time, Java needs to grow beyond 1,000 players or we will need to close it. This is sad news but rather than come to you today to tell you we are closing Java, we are here instead to unveil some of our big plans to deliver amazing experiences to even more players, to inspire them like I was way back in 2014.

So what is happening exactly?

🪄 Update to 1.19

We will be fully updating CubeCraft Java & Bedrock to Minecraft 1.19. ✨

Starting from today, our team will be focussed on bringing a huge 1.19 update to Java & Bedrock, featuring all new content, as such we will not be making any changes to the network for approximately 4 months until this is completed.

It will be all hands on-deck for this exciting new chapter, we cannot wait to welcome you all (and frogs View attachment 214671) into the new CubeCraft era with all the amazing content that comes with it.

⚙️ Java Changes

One of the issues we've currently addressed from our player reduction is a lack of games starting in many periods of the day. We have decided to remove these games & modes in order to keep the network going until we can relaunch our amazing update in a few months.

As of September 5th, Java will only consist of the following library of games:
  • Solo SkyWars
  • Solo Lucky Islands
  • Teams of 4 EggWars
  • Free for All
  • Skyblock
  • Parkour

View attachment 214670

In addition to these changes we will also be reducing Lucky Islands, SkyWars & EggWars to 6 maps each.

These changes are in preparation for our 1.19 update on the horizon, which will have much more polished maps featuring many new mechanics from all the versions we've missed. We've made this change early to avoid confusing players on release.

Our new 1.19 maps will have more map-only features for example; a swamp map with mangrove trees & boats at mid. A nether map in the nether dimension with blazes at mid that drop items or striders that take you to generators above lava. The possibilities are endless!

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What maps are staying?

A:
Solo Lucky Islands:
  • Pirates
  • Luck
  • Village
  • Underwater
  • Candy
  • Nest
  • Blizzard
  • Bloom
  • Trees
  • Shrine
  • Explosive
  • Ping Pong
Team EggWars:
  • Mushroom
  • Olympus
  • Palace
  • Ruins
  • Beach
  • Fairytale

Q: Is there any chance for these modes to be added back again?

A: Absolutely. We are currently in a position where we need to grow our network, additional content can return once we're certain they can start in all times again and that they are still fun!

Q: Why can't you just put them in featured games and keep this system?

A: Featured Games as a concept was intended to have players squeeze together into small timeframes so that the games could start properly and wouldn't need to be removed. We are at a point where even featured games cannot be supported, it's also a difficult system to maintain. We'd like to focus our efforts on the remaining popular games and new exciting content to grow the network.

Q: Are the removed Java-only games going to be on Bedrock?

A: They could in the future, we currently have no plans for those specific games however we'd like to try everything in our Bedrock 'Beta Games' at some point to see how they perform on that platform.

Q: If you aren't doing updates for 4 months, is Halloween cancelled?

A: Due to the fact that seasonal updates don't require much development resources and that we had most of it completed already. We've decided to release Halloween as normal in October!

We all remember the excitement of enjoying CubeCraft for the first time, the buzz of meeting new friends and having new experiences. I'm very excited to get Java back to this point so we can provide amazing experiences through the Java platform once again like we did all those years ago.

That's everything we have for you today, thank you so much for reading!
I have been a Cubecraft player since i was 13, i'm 18 now and I just opened Minecraft after a long time to rewind and treat myself after finishing an intense internship. I get why this happened, but literally all the games i play on your server are gone now. I used to play tower defence, unlocked everything with loot points there, played among slimes. And when i was younger i played more pvp games. To see the games disappear that I used to like is too sad. Where do my loot points even go which i basically now wasted on these gamemodes that are gone now? I can't believe this happened... I feel like the server will only go downwards from here on :(

D

Deleted member 584093

Hey CubeCrafters!

Nearly 10 years ago CubeCraft was created by @rubik_cube_man , this birth occurred on the original version of Minecraft, Java Edition. We've been a Java server for most of our history, we pioneered all of our current Bedrock games on this version. Today we sit here with a huge platform which has held over 25 games loved by tens of millions of players all over the world.

I was one of these millions of players, joining in 2014 to pass time whilst I was in school, it ended up being more fun than I could've imagined and now I've been here for 8 years and now operate internally with the rest of the team working on making those same experiences for other players.

Working at CubeCraft has been super fun, I love spending months on updates and then watching all of you experience it and talk about it. Those release days are always my favourite even if they are a bit stressful! One of the things I've learned from being on the CubeCraft Team is that sometimes tough decisions need to be made.

Even as a loving dedicated community member I am faced with one reality, our Java platform is struggling. It cannot support itself with 1,000 players, especially with its current structure which was intended for way more.

I don't want to be a big Godzilla and ruin everything for all of you, I came onto the CubeCraft team to make things better no matter what, sometimes this can only be achieved by taking risks.

At this time, Java needs to grow beyond 1,000 players or we will need to close it. This is sad news but rather than come to you today to tell you we are closing Java, we are here instead to unveil some of our big plans to deliver amazing experiences to even more players, to inspire them like I was way back in 2014.

🪄 Update to 1.19

Starting from today, our team will be focussed on bringing a huge 1.19 update to Java & Bedrock, featuring all new content, as such we will not be making any changes to the network for approximately 4 months until this is completed.

It will be all hands on-deck for this exciting new chapter, we cannot wait to welcome you all (and frogs View attachment 214671) into the new CubeCraft era with all the amazing content that comes with it.

⚙️ Java Changes

One of the issues we've currently addressed from our player reduction is a lack of games starting in many periods of the day. We have decided to remove these games & modes in order to keep the network going until we can relaunch our amazing update in a few months.

• Solo SkyWars
  • Solo Lucky Islands
  • Teams of 4 EggWars
  • Free for All
  • Skyblock
  • Parkour

View attachment 214670

In addition to these changes we will also be reducing Lucky Islands, SkyWars & EggWars to 6 maps each.

These changes are in preparation for our 1.19 update on the horizon, which will have much more polished maps featuring many new mechanics from all the versions we've missed. We've made this change early to avoid confusing players on release.

Our new 1.19 maps will have more map-only features for example; a swamp map with mangrove trees & boats at mid. A nether map in the nether dimension with blazes at mid that drop items or striders that take you to generators above lava. The possibilities are endless!

A:
Solo Lucky Islands:
  • Pirates
  • Luck
  • Village
  • Underwater
  • Candy
  • Nest
  • Blizzard
  • Bloom
  • Trees
  • Shrine
  • Explosive
  • Ping Pong
Team EggWars:
  • Mushroom
  • Olympus
  • Palace
  • Ruins
  • Beach
  • Fairytale

A: Absolutely. We are currently in a position where we need to grow our network, additional content can return once we're certain they can start in all times again and that they are still fun!

A: Featured Games as a concept was intended to have players squeeze together into small timeframes so that the games could start properly and wouldn't need to be removed. We are at a point where even featured games cannot be supported, it's also a difficult system to maintain. We'd like to focus our efforts on the remaining popular games and new exciting content to grow the network.

A: They could in the future, we currently have no plans for those specific games however we'd like to try everything in our Bedrock 'Beta Games' at some point to see how they perform on that platform.

A: Due to the fact that seasonal updates don't require much development resources and that we had most of it completed already. We've decided to release Halloween as normal in October!

We all remember the excitement of enjoying CubeCraft for the first time, the buzz of meeting new friends and having new experiences. I'm very excited to get Java back to this point so we can provide amazing experiences through the Java platform once again like we did all those years ago.

uh quick question will you still support versions before 1.19?

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
uh quick question will you still support versions before 1.19?
I don't think so. Updating to 1.19 means the whole network will be updated to that version, which means that older versions won't be able to join so the server can use all the new features. However, I think this doesn't benefit the server as many people with low end devices won't be able to join as the newest version use to have a considerably worse performance.

Reactions: Rocks1

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I don't think so. Updating to 1.19 means the whole network will be updated to that version, which means that older versions won't be able to join so the server can use all the new features. However, I think this doesn't benefit the server as many people with low end devices won't be able to join as the newest version use to have a considerably worse performance.
Our data shows approximately 1% of our Bedrock player base are on 1.18 or lower. So, the benefits still outweigh the negatives here, it's important that we are always moving forward.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Our data shows approximately 1% of our Bedrock player base are on 1.18 or lower. So, the benefits still outweigh the negatives here, it's important that we are always moving forward.
I know on bedrock it wouldn't be a problem as its performance is much better than on Java. I mean that most problems would be for the Java network, as I believe most players play on 1.12.2 as it's the best version in terms of performance and frames.

Dreamer

Forum Expert
Dec 3, 2016
Antwerp - Belgium
I know on bedrock it wouldn't be a problem as its performance is much better than on Java. I mean that most problems would be for the Java network, as I believe most players play on 1.12.2 as it's the best version in terms of performance and frames.
Its not most players, most players play on 1.16 or higher.
Its the active community, the tryhards, tournament players and leaderboard players who can be often found on 1.12.2 when either using CaloriMod or LabyMod (Lunar users are the exception since that has stable higher versions)

Reactions: Rocks1

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Its not most players, most players play on 1.16 or higher.
Its the active community, the tryhards, tournament players and leaderboard players who can be often found on 1.12.2 when either using CaloriMod or LabyMod (Lunar users are the exception since that has stable higher versions)
I don't have the data obviously so it was just what I believed considering the version I use to play on and most of my friends use too when playing on pvp servers. However, if the graphs say that only a few players play on older versions, then I have no problem with updating to 1.19 on Java. As I said, I think updating to 1.19 on Bedrock will always benefit the server, as it doesn't cause many performance issues and gives a lot of new and fresh content for the devs to use.

Snivy Films

Jun 3, 2016
[Location Unknown]
If I recall correctly, from 1.9-1.19 the most stable is 1.12.2, while not knowing what the whole ratio of players who use older versions to newer versions on Java, low end players probably use 1.12.2 and optifine so their games can run decently well. I know with Fabric and Sodium (similar to Optifine) is doing the same now for newer versions, but I do not know how many players use that. If the server updates to 1.19 for the Java network, we will see how it goes.

buttmaster27

Jun 22, 2016
Canada
youtube.com
Hey CubeCrafters!

🪄 Update to 1.19

⚙️ Java Changes

• Solo SkyWars
  • Solo Lucky Islands
  • Teams of 4 EggWars
  • Free for All
  • Skyblock
  • Parkour

View attachment 214670

A:
Solo Lucky Islands:
  • Pirates
  • Luck
  • Village
  • Underwater
  • Candy
  • Nest
  • Blizzard
  • Bloom
  • Trees
  • Shrine
  • Explosive
  • Ping Pong
Team EggWars:
  • Mushroom
  • Olympus
  • Palace
  • Ruins
  • Beach
  • Fairytale

Its several months later, its prime time on a Saturday afternoon and you can't get over 1k players, whats wrong Mr.ThisWillRetainPlayers? Guess the diehard cube fans are finally starting to get bored of the limited playability of the server. I've said this many times but nooooo you wanted to die on your little hill so here you are dying on it. Maybe ask the community for help before assuming you are right about everything, 800 minds are better then one barely functioning one. It was a bad decision and you guys are paying for it now, with my best estimates the server will be forced to permanently close either before or soon after the update. Have fun with the ghost town boys.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221015-141813_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20221015-141813_Chrome.png
    128.2 KB · Views: 82

Snivy Films

Jun 3, 2016
[Location Unknown]
Have fun with the ghost town boys.
mvm_ghost_town.bsp

Thats a Team Fortress 2 reference for anyone who missed it

Anyways I think most people agree with this being a misstep, including myself. Tower Defense was one of the most fun game modes that this server had and now its gone, which makes me sad, everything else is obtainable by going to other servers or hosting on private servers with friends

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Its several months later, its prime time on a Saturday afternoon and you can't get over 1k players, whats wrong Mr.ThisWillRetainPlayers? Guess the diehard cube fans are finally starting to get bored of the limited playability of the server. I've said this many times but nooooo you wanted to die on your little hill so here you are dying on it. Maybe ask the community for help before assuming you are right about everything, 800 minds are better then one barely functioning one. It was a bad decision and you guys are paying for it now, with my best estimates the server will be forced to permanently close either before or soon after the update. Have fun with the ghost town boys.
And you think that talking to people in this way is really going to get you anywhere? What were your thougts? “They will listen to me if I call them dumb”? Cause that is definitely not what is going to happen.

And getting the community involved in this has literally no use as everyone would just answer “pls keep the games they’re fun thx” without thinking of the consequences it can have by keeping them running. Telling them about the consequences won’t have any use as well, as they will still vote for the same thing.

Bedrock is the future as it’s more accessible with microsoft their focus towards that platform.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Relatively speaking in comparison to other servers we haven't dropped much since the first week after this change was made- which is positive. It's a one-time player reduction and everything from here is a natural reduction.

What we should see more and more (which did happen these last 2 weeks.) is that in the event of a reduction in the market- i.e students becoming busier, other games becoming popular or world events taking players off Minecraft as a whole- is that our reduction is absolutely minimal compared to what it would have been had the entire Java library existed.

This is why this change was made, we knew schools were going back and we have 4 months with nothing going out. So we had to stabilize the player count from dropping so that we still have players to spring board off when we relaunch.

Hope this clears some stuff up. I know it's a bit confusing.

Top Bottom