Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

deadtrees_

Sep 6, 2022
Hey CubeCrafters!

Nearly 10 years ago CubeCraft was created by @rubik_cube_man , this birth occurred on the original version of Minecraft, Java Edition. We've been a Java server for most of our history, we pioneered all of our current Bedrock games on this version. Today we sit here with a huge platform which has held over 25 games loved by tens of millions of players all over the world.

I was one of these millions of players, joining in 2014 to pass time whilst I was in school, it ended up being more fun than I could've imagined and now I've been here for 8 years and now operate internally with the rest of the team working on making those same experiences for other players.

Working at CubeCraft has been super fun, I love spending months on updates and then watching all of you experience it and talk about it. Those release days are always my favourite even if they are a bit stressful! One of the things I've learned from being on the CubeCraft Team is that sometimes tough decisions need to be made.

Even as a loving dedicated community member I am faced with one reality, our Java platform is struggling. It cannot support itself with 1,000 players, especially with its current structure which was intended for way more.

I don't want to be a big Godzilla and ruin everything for all of you, I came onto the CubeCraft team to make things better no matter what, sometimes this can only be achieved by taking risks.

At this time, Java needs to grow beyond 1,000 players or we will need to close it. This is sad news but rather than come to you today to tell you we are closing Java, we are here instead to unveil some of our big plans to deliver amazing experiences to even more players, to inspire them like I was way back in 2014.

So what is happening exactly?

🪄 Update to 1.19

We will be fully updating CubeCraft Java & Bedrock to Minecraft 1.19. ✨

Starting from today, our team will be focussed on bringing a huge 1.19 update to Java & Bedrock, featuring all new content, as such we will not be making any changes to the network for approximately 4 months until this is completed.

It will be all hands on-deck for this exciting new chapter, we cannot wait to welcome you all (and frogs View attachment 214671) into the new CubeCraft era with all the amazing content that comes with it.

⚙️ Java Changes

One of the issues we've currently addressed from our player reduction is a lack of games starting in many periods of the day. We have decided to remove these games & modes in order to keep the network going until we can relaunch our amazing update in a few months.

As of September 5th, Java will only consist of the following library of games:
  • Solo SkyWars
  • Solo Lucky Islands
  • Teams of 4 EggWars
  • Free for All
  • Skyblock
  • Parkour

View attachment 214670

In addition to these changes we will also be reducing Lucky Islands, SkyWars & EggWars to 6 maps each.

These changes are in preparation for our 1.19 update on the horizon, which will have much more polished maps featuring many new mechanics from all the versions we've missed. We've made this change early to avoid confusing players on release.

Our new 1.19 maps will have more map-only features for example; a swamp map with mangrove trees & boats at mid. A nether map in the nether dimension with blazes at mid that drop items or striders that take you to generators above lava. The possibilities are endless!

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What maps are staying?

A:
Solo Lucky Islands:
  • Pirates
  • Luck
  • Village
  • Underwater
  • Candy
  • Nest
  • Blizzard
  • Bloom
  • Trees
  • Shrine
  • Explosive
  • Ping Pong
Team EggWars:
  • Mushroom
  • Olympus
  • Palace
  • Ruins
  • Beach
  • Fairytale

Q: Is there any chance for these modes to be added back again?

A: Absolutely. We are currently in a position where we need to grow our network, additional content can return once we're certain they can start in all times again and that they are still fun!

Q: Why can't you just put them in featured games and keep this system?

A: Featured Games as a concept was intended to have players squeeze together into small timeframes so that the games could start properly and wouldn't need to be removed. We are at a point where even featured games cannot be supported, it's also a difficult system to maintain. We'd like to focus our efforts on the remaining popular games and new exciting content to grow the network.

Q: Are the removed Java-only games going to be on Bedrock?

A: They could in the future, we currently have no plans for those specific games however we'd like to try everything in our Bedrock 'Beta Games' at some point to see how they perform on that platform.

Q: If you aren't doing updates for 4 months, is Halloween cancelled?

A: Due to the fact that seasonal updates don't require much development resources and that we had most of it completed already. We've decided to release Halloween as normal in October!

We all remember the excitement of enjoying CubeCraft for the first time, the buzz of meeting new friends and having new experiences. I'm very excited to get Java back to this point so we can provide amazing experiences through the Java platform once again like we did all those years ago.

That's everything we have for you today, thank you so much for reading!
This is so unfortunate, as the only game I played regularly and loved on cubecraft was tower defense. Now that it is no longer available, I doubt I'll be playing cubecraft often, if ever.

Reactions: Rocks1

anarchymydear

Jul 17, 2021
yall have dug yourselves a much deeper hole. tower defense players were some of the most dedicated people on this server. many people (myself included) bought a rank JUST for that game. this is a horrible decision, you're killing your own server.

clory

Dec 2, 2020
USA
While I look forward to this server succeeding, the only games i really played were duels and skyblock. With my skyblock profile almost maxed, with the only things left to do are super super grindy quests, I don't think I'll really come back until duels gets readded, especially since a lot of my friends quit the server a long while ago. Good luck cubecraft.
//
While I see the effort put in, i feel like keeping the games that required lower counts would have been a better idea. Solo eggwars (and maybe even duo eggwars?) rather than 4's eggwars, duels, things like that. You did it with some of the games, but for some reason not the most obvious ones. I really hope the server succeeds, but without any content creators making videos on it, and especially now with less of an incentive to do so, I don't have too high of hopes.

Ahnikha

Sep 6, 2022
Hey CubeCrafters!

Nearly 10 years ago CubeCraft was created by @rubik_cube_man , this birth occurred on the original version of Minecraft, Java Edition. We've been a Java server for most of our history, we pioneered all of our current Bedrock games on this version. Today we sit here with a huge platform which has held over 25 games loved by tens of millions of players all over the world.

I was one of these millions of players, joining in 2014 to pass time whilst I was in school, it ended up being more fun than I could've imagined and now I've been here for 8 years and now operate internally with the rest of the team working on making those same experiences for other players.

Working at CubeCraft has been super fun, I love spending months on updates and then watching all of you experience it and talk about it. Those release days are always my favourite even if they are a bit stressful! One of the things I've learned from being on the CubeCraft Team is that sometimes tough decisions need to be made.

Even as a loving dedicated community member I am faced with one reality, our Java platform is struggling. It cannot support itself with 1,000 players, especially with its current structure which was intended for way more.

I don't want to be a big Godzilla and ruin everything for all of you, I came onto the CubeCraft team to make things better no matter what, sometimes this can only be achieved by taking risks.

At this time, Java needs to grow beyond 1,000 players or we will need to close it. This is sad news but rather than come to you today to tell you we are closing Java, we are here instead to unveil some of our big plans to deliver amazing experiences to even more players, to inspire them like I was way back in 2014.

🪄 Update to 1.19

Starting from today, our team will be focussed on bringing a huge 1.19 update to Java & Bedrock, featuring all new content, as such we will not be making any changes to the network for approximately 4 months until this is completed.

It will be all hands on-deck for this exciting new chapter, we cannot wait to welcome you all (and frogs View attachment 214671) into the new CubeCraft era with all the amazing content that comes with it.

⚙️ Java Changes

One of the issues we've currently addressed from our player reduction is a lack of games starting in many periods of the day. We have decided to remove these games & modes in order to keep the network going until we can relaunch our amazing update in a few months.

• Solo SkyWars
  • Solo Lucky Islands
  • Teams of 4 EggWars
  • Free for All
  • Skyblock
  • Parkour

View attachment 214670

In addition to these changes we will also be reducing Lucky Islands, SkyWars & EggWars to 6 maps each.

These changes are in preparation for our 1.19 update on the horizon, which will have much more polished maps featuring many new mechanics from all the versions we've missed. We've made this change early to avoid confusing players on release.

Our new 1.19 maps will have more map-only features for example; a swamp map with mangrove trees & boats at mid. A nether map in the nether dimension with blazes at mid that drop items or striders that take you to generators above lava. The possibilities are endless!

A:
Solo Lucky Islands:
  • Pirates
  • Luck
  • Village
  • Underwater
  • Candy
  • Nest
  • Blizzard
  • Bloom
  • Trees
  • Shrine
  • Explosive
  • Ping Pong
Team EggWars:
  • Mushroom
  • Olympus
  • Palace
  • Ruins
  • Beach
  • Fairytale

A: Absolutely. We are currently in a position where we need to grow our network, additional content can return once we're certain they can start in all times again and that they are still fun!

A: Featured Games as a concept was intended to have players squeeze together into small timeframes so that the games could start properly and wouldn't need to be removed. We are at a point where even featured games cannot be supported, it's also a difficult system to maintain. We'd like to focus our efforts on the remaining popular games and new exciting content to grow the network.

A: They could in the future, we currently have no plans for those specific games however we'd like to try everything in our Bedrock 'Beta Games' at some point to see how they perform on that platform.

A: Due to the fact that seasonal updates don't require much development resources and that we had most of it completed already. We've decided to release Halloween as normal in October!

We all remember the excitement of enjoying CubeCraft for the first time, the buzz of meeting new friends and having new experiences. I'm very excited to get Java back to this point so we can provide amazing experiences through the Java platform once again like we did all those years ago.

while I under why this is happening id don't think it will fix the issue. I think you are going to lose a lot of existing players who prefer the non-combat pvp games (like myself), and there wont be any reason for new players to join.
i fear this will only kill the server faster and wont be of any help

SrMamadisimo

Sep 7, 2022
(...)

(...)

Ask yourself why, as hy????? server has now around 41k online cause java isn't dead.
What did you do wrong? Ill answer this question for you.

- Bad 1.9 release due the old anticheat (regeneration issues).
- No anticheat since 1.9 up to 1.5 years after the release + 7 days ban for cheating (then 14 days). xdddd
- Buggy updates.
- Unbalanced, stupid and undocumented things... also called "easter eggs" like corpses + cannibal in Survival Games.
- Deletion of all (G)old but lovely minigames like Parkour minigame or Quake, releasing an horrendous new minigames set instead.

- "+We have no users. Solutions? -Delete classic and legendary gamemodes like Survival Games or Non abilities SkyWars! Lets make this server more monotonous!"
- Broken and neglected UHC for around 1 year by using a 3rd party plugin (EpicWorldGenerator) from a very bad dev (Minelazz) with dark past. Crashing at mid game (Classic) or Deathmatch (SpeedUHC).
- Completely opposite and unbalanced staff. Professional-like staffs mixed with 13yo staff kids.
- Games lagging as f... hell. Lagging as hell. Not a network issue but servers raw performance.
- Current /report is a joke. Sentinel is a joke.

Bold = occurred during user exodus timeframe
I still can continue but I anticipate a TL;DR.

Bonus:
Permamuted at 2nd mute due to:
- Out of context screenshot. Literally the 1st message after this guy entered to that FFA room.
- I swear edited screenshot also. +blurry +1 pixel pad, look above.

Don't forget: https://www.cubecraft.net/rules
Check the punishment tracks.

Last edited:

dreamydreams

Aug 2, 2022
Wouldnt make any sense to remove them permanently, would it
If they can manage to save the sinking ship, sure. But right now we have no idea of the recent changes will lead to a big enough increase of the playerbase.

Wouldn't make sense to add them back if it turns out they are still struggling 6 months from now, would it? For all we know the Java server won't even be around anymore in a year from now.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2021
Hey CubeCrafters!

🪄 Update to 1.19

⚙️ Java Changes

• Solo SkyWars
  • Solo Lucky Islands
  • Teams of 4 EggWars
  • Free for All
  • Skyblock
  • Parkour

View attachment 214670

A:
Solo Lucky Islands:
  • Pirates
  • Luck
  • Village
  • Underwater
  • Candy
  • Nest
  • Blizzard
  • Bloom
  • Trees
  • Shrine
  • Explosive
  • Ping Pong
Team EggWars:
  • Mushroom
  • Olympus
  • Palace
  • Ruins
  • Beach
  • Fairytale

Respect for trying to make java better

buttmaster27

Jun 22, 2016
Canada
youtube.com
Screenshot_20220907-124028_Chrome.png

CubeCraft needs to change their about us. Its false advertising now.

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
CubeCraft, Blockwars Bridges
Pronouns
He/Him
It seems doing all of this will encourage/force Java players to leave and go elsewhere so therefore losing players. New players will be uninterested due to the lack of variety and choice, so I can’t see this helping Java much. I wouldn’t be surprised if in about 3-6 months Java is gone for good, as the players would’ve left and that’ll be that.

YoshiExplorer

Mar 31, 2022
Nederland
Hey CubeCrafters!

🪄 Update to 1.19

️ Java Changes

• Solo SkyWars
  • Solo Lucky Islands
  • Teams of 4 EggWars
  • Free for All
  • Skyblock
  • Parkour

View attachment 214670

A:
Solo Lucky Islands:
  • Pirates
  • Luck
  • Village
  • Underwater
  • Candy
  • Nest
  • Blizzard
  • Bloom
  • Trees
  • Shrine
  • Explosive
  • Ping Pong
Team EggWars:
  • Mushroom
  • Olympus
  • Palace
  • Ruins
  • Beach
  • Fairytale

V : Komen de verwijderde Java-only games op Bedrock?

A : In de toekomst zou dat kunnen, we hebben momenteel geen plannen voor die specifieke games, maar we willen graag alles in onze Bedrock 'Beta Games' op een bepaald moment proberen om te zien hoe ze presteren op dat platform.

V : Als je 4 maanden lang geen updates uitvoert, wordt Halloween dan geannuleerd?

A : Vanwege het feit dat seizoensupdates niet veel ontwikkelingsbronnen vergen en omdat we het meeste al hadden voltooid. We hebben besloten om Halloween in oktober normaal uit te brengen!

We herinneren ons allemaal de opwinding van het voor het eerst genieten van CubeCraft, het geroezemoes van het ontmoeten van nieuwe vrienden en het hebben van nieuwe ervaringen. Ik ben erg enthousiast om Java terug te brengen naar dit punt, zodat we weer geweldige ervaringen kunnen bieden via het Java-platform, zoals we al die jaren geleden hebben gedaan.

Dat is alles wat we vandaag voor je hebben, heel erg bedankt voor het lezen!

Hey CubeCrafters!

🪄 Update to 1.19

⚙️ Java Changes

• Solo SkyWars
  • Solo Lucky Islands
  • Teams of 4 EggWars
  • Free for All
  • Skyblock
  • Parkour

View attachment 214670

A:
Solo Lucky Islands:
  • Pirates
  • Luck
  • Village
  • Underwater
  • Candy
  • Nest
  • Blizzard
  • Bloom
  • Trees
  • Shrine
  • Explosive
  • Ping Pong
Team EggWars:
  • Mushroom
  • Olympus
  • Palace
  • Ruins
  • Beach
  • Fairytale

I miss the old cube and everything :( I'm so sad, because it was my favorite server on the whole planet. So I hope everything is coming back, so I can play my favorite games. :'(

Reactions: josepadgui

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
It seems doing all of this will encourage/force Java players to leave and go elsewhere so therefore losing players. New players will be uninterested due to the lack of variety and choice, so I can’t see this helping Java much. I wouldn’t be surprised if in about 3-6 months Java is gone for good, as the players would’ve left and that’ll be that.
Perfectly summarizes what most people think about the update. I still can't understand how they think this update may help the server.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
The thing is cubecraft did nothing till now, I feel there planing to close there java server on purpose.
That's what I have been thinking since this thread was posted, it wouldn't make sense if they really wanted to save the java network. I think they are just trying to close it on purpose by forcing those players who are still active to leave by releasing s*** updates and basically destroying what we used to enjoy.

Silco

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2021
CubeCraft, Blockwars Bridges
Pronouns
He/Him
That's what I have been thinking since this thread was posted, it wouldn't make sense if they really wanted to save the java network. I think they are just trying to close it on purpose by forcing those players who are still active to leave by releasing s*** updates and basically destroying what we used to enjoy.
Yes. It is almost as if they are making it so unworthy of time people won’t want to play on there so they can lose players then later down the line justify closing it down completely because there’s not enough players..

Reactions: josepadgui

_PC_Load_Letter_

Jul 16, 2016
Really sad to see TD go away. It's the only game I have ever played consistently on Cubecraft, and in fact, the only use I have for Minecraft. TD was the reason I purchased an Obsidian rank years ago, and it was the game that really distinguished Cubecraft from other Minecraft servers out there. It will be sorely missed. Like most long-term players, I've seen the number of players on Cubecraft decline over the past years, which I attributed to a number of causes, including lack of marketing and promotional efforts compared to some of the larger servers.

My perspective on TD is probably unique and unusual; I think that game quite literally saved my life. I was until fairly recently quite overweight, and needed to lose weight--or else. I own a stationary bike, but as anyone who's ever started a fitness regimen from zero would know, when you're out of shape it's painful to get started and the dropout rate is high. I started playing TD while exercising because it was engaging, wasn't super fast-paced, but it required thought so it was a perfect game to play during exercise. I played it about an hour a day during exercise (and during COVID lockdowns) and eventually lost 100+ pounds. I am not sure I would have have been able to keep up the regimen, especially during those early days, without TD. As a result, I will always be grateful to Cubecraft and TD for all that they've done for me personally, and in the past I've offered Cubecraft financial support beyond my rank in the hopes they could keep it going, which they politely declined. I hope someday it comes back but, obviously, even the greatest things at some point have to come to an end.

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cursedpug89's profile.
Long time no see lad!
Frontlane wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Finally some free time in the upcoming days. Time to play sw and skyblock hehehehhe
Eli wrote on Eli Shane's profile.
Legend
Eli
This app feature is so convenient!

1713280002706.png
Top Bottom