Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

IWontHurtYou

Dedicated Member
Dec 8, 2019
www.youtube.com
I have a problem with the reasons people want to join the translation team(i.e some people vied for a translation rank in order to establish themselves within the staff team and subsequently apply for helper when before they were unable to make it as helper as a normal member or others trying to get it simply for the perks). I donā€™t think all of the translators are power hungry, but you canā€™t deny that the introduction of the translator rank resulted in an influx of translator applications.
This was the whole point of the translation rank, to introduce more people to the team and motivate the current translators

Buckyy

Dec 27, 2019
The Depths
We might add more to it in the future as more common questions are asked.

How are you guys going to manage the appeals in different languages as for example (Chinese, German, Norwegian, Russian, etc)
  • Are you guys going to risk using google translator?
  • Are you guys going to ask for help from new translators of this new system that you dont even know if they really speak that language?
Regarding the partner verification system, who will verify that that person does not speak inappropriate things in their videos, for example in Arabic?

Insults over minecraft chat using characters from Cyrillic alphabets. What are you guys going to do to verify that report?

Sending what I said above to the prs wont solve the problems. There are few prs and probably the number will not vary much due to the requirements. The prs will have to spend their free time in verifying trolling and bad translations to keep the good quality for the server. It's not efficient, and not everyone has free time to spend checking videos of 15 minutes to make sure that person doesn't say anything inappropriate in the video. Regarding in the past there were around 10 translators per language, of those 10 1 or 2 could invest that time in verifying videos of the channel of the person who was applying. If there are 3 prs, and no one has time to verify that, who is going to verify it?

Shotgun

Jun 26, 2020
CubeCraft Universe
There's some people mentioning the verifying of translations because some people might troll or just give incorrect translations.

However, this is an invalid argument. As mentioned at different occasions, there will be a voting system so that translators can vote on other translations that they deem to be correct. This way, you'd probably need around 20 people to successfully troll once.

The proofreaders only need to verify the top 5 translations and not like 50 as some tend to believe.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
Cut them some slack

They are, after all, the only monolingual person in the entire team.
1653629173525.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Nuclide

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Some more thoughts:
Activity checks proved not to be helpful.
Leadership advice: you should not have displayed such animalsity and passive-aggressiveness. Like, come on, my guys are busy with school, DSE's and gaokao's, and you're acting as if it's all my fault that they're not as active. I can't speak for every other srtranslator on this.

As we were kicking people off of the team (or leaving on their own accord), we had a drought of applications that did not cope with this loss.

metal-gear-rising-metal-gear-rising-revengeance.gif

Chinese got a steady stream of applicants.
1653637097410.png

If activity and behavioral checks were such a bottleneck, then don't? If these guys would cause problems in a team-based structure, they will certainly cause problems in a public board. If they don't speak their language well, then they should not be allowed to translate.

Also also, you could've also just removed activity requirements (it's not like they're hurting anyone by being there). It just causes more problems if they end up having more time because hey summer is coming right and then they'll have to reapply.
1653637205095.png

1653637234809.png

1653637285872.png

darth-sidious-how-unfortunate.gif

Sadly some SrTranslators told their team, and the change leaked to the wider team,
So what?
1653637425982.png

i wonder what could've possibly happened around aug 2021 that would've caused this
1653637447844.png

Attachments

• 1653637314346.png
    1653637314346.png
    30 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I don't know the specifics of how it worked
Do you happen to know who does?

I'm of the belief that the privacy policy of the platform is the one that should be adhered to; CCG neither owns nor controls the information on discord.

As a sidenote, at my previous part time job, we were told not to use real names of customers in Slack as that would violate FIPPA.

Ben

Aug 4, 2020
Radcliffe
Pronouns
He/They
Do you happen to know who does?

I'm of the belief that the privacy policy of the platform is the one that should be adhered to; CCG neither owns nor controls the information on discord.

As a sidenote, at my previous part time job, we were told not to use real names of customers in Slack as that would violate FIPPA.
We consider ourselves responsible for data held on any of our players on any platform, including those used by staff. As such, we apply our privacy policy ourselves (including retention policies we set, and the deletion of any data that isnā€™t required for business needs).

Again I urge you to contact support@cubecraft.net if you have any questions regarding our privacy policy.

miguelitoindus

Apr 23, 2020
Madrid
It is truly dissapointing when I get a message from an ex-translator telling me this has happened.

Thank you to everyone I have met in the TT, you have been and always will be a special part of my life. And we know that the work we did was incredibly valuable and efficient.

Animal, and all admins, you know my views. I'm just surprised you still think this is a good idea, despite every member showing its dissaproval. But then again, I'm not surprised...

Rocks1

Apr 5, 2022
Bunny Town
Cubecraft really should hold a referendum on if this change should be kept or not!
The Damage has been done already, they can't just press an undo button. You could get the team back together but some of the team members feel mad about this decision and them getting removed in the first place, thus not wanting to come back. So Cubecraft would have to make a whole new team which would take time. If I had it my way I would also bring back the TT.

Reactions: Khxliee
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! šŸ‘‹
Top Bottom