1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World edit idea

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Snap, Aug 12, 2014.

  1. Snap

    Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    May 1, 2014
    Messages:
    6,932
    Likes Received:
    4,894
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Gender:
    Female
    So, i am pretty proud of this idea c:

    Basically, world edit is now only obtainable via voting. I saw this on another server. All you have to do is vote, and you get world edit for 6 hours. Donators can get the world edit for 24 hours, whilst stone ranks get 6 hours. This gives people a great reason to donate, whilst not violating the EULA. Also, it gives players a perfect reason to vote, as they get more than a only a few points for donating a day. Opinion? @halothe23
    I don't see what could go wrong; players have a great reason to both, donate and vote, and we get world edit back! I mean, creative isn't exactly the most popular section of the server now, is it?
    Oh wait... it's the least popular...
    2014-08-12_12.05.49.png
     
  2. Aimee2323

    Aimee2323 Sr. Mod Staff Member Sr. Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2014
    Messages:
    7,271
    Likes Received:
    5,025
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Gender:
    Female
    Occupation:
    Lying in bed all day
    Location:
    Crazy Land
    Sounds good, but maybe make the times less since there is more than one place you can vote..
     
  3. Snap

    Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    May 1, 2014
    Messages:
    6,932
    Likes Received:
    4,894
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Gender:
    Female
    Perhaps an hour each time for stone, or 6 hours for a donator? :)
     
  4. JuanCruz

    JuanCruz Member

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2014
    Messages:
    476
    Likes Received:
    113
    Trophy Points:
    43
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Crazy Land
    Why this doesn't violate Eula? Donors get an advantage to stones isn't it?
     
  5. Exciting_pancake

    Exciting_pancake Admin Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2014
    Messages:
    3,154
    Likes Received:
    813
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    The UK
    Yes this is good.. creative is dead atm.
     
    ItsYaBoyJavid likes this.
  6. Saradabaschi

    Saradabaschi Admin Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2014
    Messages:
    4,763
    Likes Received:
    2,710
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Gender:
    Female
    Location:
    Germany
    Good idea but Creative crashes a lot recently. World edit would make it worse I think...
    Although I would love to have it back ;D
     
    crossingeek, Sccottyyy and Verdag like this.
  7. Tacosbefriends

    Tacosbefriends Admin Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2014
    Messages:
    6,361
    Likes Received:
    6,734
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Gender:
    Male
    Occupation:
    Snarky Internet Man
    Location:
    My Computer Desk
    Home Page:
    It's an interesting idea. I'd definitely start voting again if it meant I got worldedit back. I think maybe 2 hours per vote would be good, but donors also get 2 hours. It's only fair (and doesn't violate EULA)
     
    YounB and MinecraftPenguin21 like this.
  8. Snap

    Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    May 1, 2014
    Messages:
    6,932
    Likes Received:
    4,894
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Gender:
    Female
    Wouldn't violate the EULA to give them longer, and gives people a reason to donate.
     
  9. MinecraftPenguin21

    MinecraftPenguin21 Member

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2014
    Messages:
    1,181
    Likes Received:
    321
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Gender:
    Male
    Occupation:
    im not occupied by any1- not married
    Location:
    Wall Maria, Shiganshina District,
    yes agreed, this is an awesome idea, also i saw this on another server, i asked them if it was against eula and the owner said it does not go against eula :D.

    @halothe23 your opinion on this new World edit idea?
     
  10. Tacosbefriends

    Tacosbefriends Admin Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2014
    Messages:
    6,361
    Likes Received:
    6,734
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Gender:
    Male
    Occupation:
    Snarky Internet Man
    Location:
    My Computer Desk
    Home Page:
    Actually if you read the EULA, there's a specific paragraph about getting the same perks but more of the perk. For instance, another server had to remove their double XP for VIP's perk because of it. Simply because everyone has access to it doesn't mean you can give donors MORE access to it. If I stop being lazy, I'll go find the EULA and copy/paste the paragraph.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
    MinecraftPenguin21 likes this.
  11. Snap

    Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    May 1, 2014
    Messages:
    6,932
    Likes Received:
    4,894
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Gender:
    Female
    There is a difference between getting more of something and getting something for longer.
     
  12. Tacosbefriends

    Tacosbefriends Admin Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2014
    Messages:
    6,361
    Likes Received:
    6,734
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Gender:
    Male
    Occupation:
    Snarky Internet Man
    Location:
    My Computer Desk
    Home Page:
    Longer=more time=more
     
  13. Volkom_

    Volkom_ Member

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2014
    Messages:
    1,400
    Likes Received:
    1,520
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Gender:
    Male
    Occupation:
    Rap God of the Sky
    Location:
    Just over there
    Snap, donors wouldn't be able to get a longer period of time. It violates the EULA.
     
  14. Snap

    Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    May 1, 2014
    Messages:
    6,932
    Likes Received:
    4,894
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Gender:
    Female
    Oh right.. =/ The EULA actually ruins everything, why did they have to make that stupid thing -.-
     
    ItsYaBoyJavid likes this.
  15. Gjpoppy

    Gjpoppy Member

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2014
    Messages:
    1,057
    Likes Received:
    131
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    UK
    Home Page:
    Good idea but Creative crashes loads without creative at the moment, if this is to be introduced it should be once creative is stable again
     
  16. Tacosbefriends

    Tacosbefriends Admin Staff Member Administrator

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2014
    Messages:
    6,361
    Likes Received:
    6,734
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Gender:
    Male
    Occupation:
    Snarky Internet Man
    Location:
    My Computer Desk
    Home Page:
    I still like the idea that voting lets you use worldedit for an hour or so. Definitely would like to see halo's and Rubik's opinions.
     
  17. iMatthew

    iMatthew Member

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2014
    Messages:
    830
    Likes Received:
    400
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    Old English
    Wait.... Isn't this violating the EULA changes? Donors having more time than the stone if we vote?


    Sounds like a good plan. And why not just 4-6 hours for both donors and stone rank? (If this violates the EULA changes)
     
  18. OrangeGE

    OrangeGE Member

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2014
    Messages:
    4,682
    Likes Received:
    2,229
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    p.getLocation();
    Perhaps, there's a 25% chance you get 6 hours of world edit, and a 75% chance you get 3-4? Idk..
     
    YounB likes this.
  19. Snap

    Snap Mod Staff Member Moderator

    Joined:
    May 1, 2014
    Messages:
    6,932
    Likes Received:
    4,894
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Gender:
    Female
    Would the odds be increased for donors? I mean, players have little reason to donate now..
     
  20. Aimee2323

    Aimee2323 Sr. Mod Staff Member Sr. Moderator

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2014
    Messages:
    7,271
    Likes Received:
    5,025
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Gender:
    Female
    Occupation:
    Lying in bed all day
    Location:
    Crazy Land
    Snap, you can't give advantages to donors over stones.
     
    Anonymous User likes this.