Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
This thread is going to be about all the fatal flaws in eggwars, these are my opinions, keep in mind feel free to disagree.

Punch bow:
This is the number one reason why I quit. Campers, bow spammers etc. Neither of these take any skill however they take a lot of skill and recourses to combat, if I need to waste 64 diamonds just to go to a campers base, I'm not happy, I also would need to spend 30 diamonds just to get a shield which breaks before a bow does.

1.9 combat system
Yes I could go to 1.8 but 150 ping on 1.8 is undoable. Also not only is 2 cps bad, the healing system is disgusting. On 1.8 an iron fight with gaps would have one at the start and then maybe one if you rod enough however on 1.9 you can chug all day. And with the offhand it's even easier. Not to mention combined with 2 attacks a second its even more broken.

Hosted in Europe:
I am not sure exactly where but it is hosted very far away making me get a high ping.

Mid is too overpowered:
Going to mid you only need 40 diamonds to live your dreams, a lvl 3 generator or 2 more and full iron diamond sword and a pick, but you probably want the generator because you will get hit off by a punch bow. Also full iron makes you almost twice as resistant as leather. Good intentions because it's supposed to be a battle over mid however it turns into 5 diamonds at mid then your whole team can get stacked from the generator.

The players:
9/10 eggless players camp their island and 8/10 players with eggs do the same. Everyone camps. This wouldn't bother me but they do it with punch bows so it takes ages. Also because solo is empty af I have to deal with double the campers. So I would need to get outgeared by 64 diamonds (pearl) and then win a 2v1, equality. Not to mention 9/10 teammates are useless.

Bland egg protection:
There are only 2 different blocks to defend your egg with. Obsidian and clay. Obsidian takes a year and a half to get (which is very good) and clay takes 2 seconds to mine. The only tool you need is a pickaxe. It would be cool if they added wood so axes would have more of a use and maybe a mid way point between clay and obi. Endstone, or maybe even shulkers that wouldn't fight back and you need to kill.

Overpowered items:
They say just do /leave if you don't like what's voted. I have gold rank and over half of games are op. So double the waiting time in other words. why do I dislike it so much you may ask? So much that I refuse to play it. Swords are useless and it's punch bow wars. Everyone camps and you are lucky for a game under 30 minutes.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
1.9 combat system
Yes I could go to 1.8 but 150 ping on 1.8 is undoable. Also not only is 2 cps bad, the healing system is disgusting. On 1.8 an iron fight with gaps would have one at the start and then maybe one if you rod enough however on 1.9 you can chug all day. And with the offhand it's even easier. Not to mention combined with 2 attacks a second its even more broken.
The apple situation isn't an issue with the combat system, the problem is that you can get dozens of apples in the first place. 2cps isn't bad. You could only hit an opponent 2 times per second in 1.8 as well. The difference is that 1.8 allows you to click your mouse inbetween making the game easier.
Hosted in Europe:
I am not sure exactly where but it is hosted very far away making me get a high ping.
Weren't you the guy with the "kick all laggers" thread?

Overall, I think eggwars/bedwars is a really bad game. It promotes camping, engaging in a fight damages your armor and gives you nothing while standing on your island next to a block lets you gear up.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Punch bow:
Just before I continue, I want to say that it was worse in the past, where the price was 12 diamonds instead of the current 25.
Neither of these take any skill
Have to disagree with that. Sure it's a cheap way to kill, but aiming a bow is not a no-brainer.
if I need to waste 64 diamonds just to go to a campers base, I'm not happy,
Remember one thing though: They only have 1 island to camp on. You have mid. That means you can get twice as many diamonds at bare minimum.
I also would need to spend 30 diamonds just to get a shield which breaks before a bow does.
I wouldn't mind the shield being cheaper.
the healing system is disgusting
IMO It's a lot better than the 1.8 healing system where you had to wait like 2 minutes to heal all the way up again. The problem isn't the healing system, it's golden apples being so darn cheap. If you decide to start chugging carrots steak in the middle of a fight the chance is high that you're gonna get killed.
Hosted in Europe:
Cube should have an American proxy, yes. SO maby servers have this, cubecraft is definitely falling behind with this one.
Mid is too overpowered:
Yet you also say camping on your island is ruining the game for you.
it turns into 5 diamonds at mid then your whole team can get stacked from the generator.
Except this might be 12x slower (not made up) than having mid in control.
9/10 eggless players camp their island and 8/10 players with eggs do the same.
I have a very different experience with that one.
So I would need to get outgeared by 64 diamonds (pearl) and then win a 2v1, equality.
If they camp and you have mid, you have double the generators at minimum. Gear therefore shouldn't be a problem. Don't forget they also got to share their diamonds (which can only come from 1 gen).
Not to mention 9/10 teammates are useless.
So that's a 9/10 chance that the campers are useless as well. Cheers =D
There are only 2 different blocks to defend your egg with
5 actually.
Clay
Glass
Hay bales
Chests
Obsidian.

Just so you know.
over half of games are op
Again, I have a very different experience.
Swords are useless and it's punch bow wars.
This was even worse in the past though, where armor was prot V instead of IV.
Also, it is definitely possible to kill someone with a sword under 30 seconds, the problem arises when everyone has full iron or diamond and you don't have a sharpness V sword. You can also use tnt traps to kill somone in OP.

Nevertheless, after all that I've said, I can't stop you from not playing eggwars, so if you want to leave, go ahead.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
The apple situation isn't an issue with the combat system, the problem is that you can get dozens of apples in the first place. 2cps isn't bad. You could only hit an opponent 2 times per second in 1.8 as well. The difference is that 1.8 allows you to click your mouse in between making the game easier.

Overall, I think eggwars/bedwars is a really bad game. It promotes camping, engaging in a fight damages your armor and gives you nothing while standing on your island next to a block lets you gear up.
Btw it isn't 2 it's actually 1.6, I'm on a phone so I would prefer to write less characters, time to set an auto clicker to 1.6 xD. About it making the game easier I disagree. It does make aim less necessary but the better aim you have the more damage you do.

Apples need a heavy nerf in 1.9, so does the healing system as a whole. Granted more cleanups happen but it wouldn't make 1v1s take a year and a half with dozens of apples being chugged at the end of the day what's worse, being cleaned every now and then or having a 1v1 turn into a 5v1 because it takes so long. I do agree that the game motivates you sitting on a generator being a bad thing, that's why mids need things you can't get at your island like lvl 4 diamond generators, emeralds etc. Because then the game turns into a battle over mid, but too op then you have mid camping. That is why I think maps mids should be closer to home islands. If dwarvens islands were 10 blocks from mid no one could ever camp.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
but it wouldn't make 1v1s take a year and a half with dozens of apples being chugged at the end of the day what's worse, being cleaned every now and then or having a 1v1 turn into a 5v1 because it takes so long.
The problem isn't the healing system, it's golden apples being so darn cheap. If you decide to start chugging carrots steak in the middle of a fight the chance is high that you're gonna get killed.

IMO, camping on your island is not a good strategy.
They only have 1 island to camp on. You have mid. That means you can get twice as many diamonds at bare minimum.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day z of y
I think I just hit a wall on Discord... I never thought I would be in 200 servers that actually surprised me xD
Screenbits 2024-05-15_145118.png
endertom100 wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
happyy birthdayyy!!! ^-^
okay i think i need to get this cape
images - 2024-05-15T205049.353.jpeg
JokeKaedee wrote on Evaluatiefout's profile.
Happy birthday <3
Top Bottom