Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckyy

Dec 27, 2019
The Depths
wow oh my god yes so unfiar, getting a warning to tell u that smth is not allowed is so unfair
Here I have to say that I got warned like a year ago for answering to a question in staff help on discord. That kind of punishments for really minor infractions can only get people mad, I have to defend him there.View attachment 215161

The guy answered a question of someone (probably without knowing that is not allowed) in order to help with all his good faith and instead of telling him that he can not talk through that channel, the guy is punished for trying to help on a channel that he didn’t even know he couldn't answer there.

Not knowing the rules does not make you exempt to punishments of course, but there is a lot of difference from when a person does it repeatedly on purpose to one who has no idea or is new and the only thing that he was doing was helping. Its called solidarity, and specifically with this particular case its absurd to punish someone for that reason. As simple as explaining to that person that is not allowed to talk on the staff-help, if he does it again he would be punished. It's nothing to write home about. The server is not a dictatorship and the staff are there to help, not to put commands.

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
The guy answered a question of someone (probably without knowing that is not allowed) in order to help with all his good faith and instead of telling him that he can not talk through that channel, the guy is punished for trying to help on a channel that he didn’t even know he couldn't answer there.

Not knowing the rules does not make you exempt to punishments of course, but there is a lot of difference from when a person does it repeatedly on purpose to one who has no idea or is new and the only thing that he was doing was helping. Its called solidarity, and specifically with this particular case its absurd to punish someone for that reason. As simple as explaining to that person that is not allowed to talk on the staff-help, if he does it again he would be punished. It's nothing to write home about. The server is not a dictatorship and the staff are there to help, not to put commands.
When you misused staff help you were given a warning in the chat before a physical warning via the bot so

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
wow oh my god yes so unfiar, getting a warning to tell u that smth is not allowed is so unfair
I don't say it's unfair, I say it's stupid. I didn't even know I couldn't do that. There is a huge difference between doing something intentionally and doing that same thing with the only intention of helping other people without being aware of that minor rule. Punishing people for that reason can only get players mad for it, because these kind of punishments just don't make sense, as they are insignificant infractions and it wasn't done intentionally.

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I don't say it's unfair, I say it's stupid. I didn't even know I couldn't do that.
There is a huge difference between doing something intentionally and doing that same thing with the only intention of helping other people without being aware of that minor rule.
The definition of a warning is to give someone 'cautionary advice'. The warning is what tells you it's not allowed without inflicting an immediate punishment.

The reason it is tracked as part of your record is so we know you've been warned before.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
The definition of a warning is to give someone 'cautionary advice'. The warning is what tells you it's not allowed without inflicting an immediate punishment.
So you are saying that answering to someone in staff-help and acting in a toxic way and insulting other people deserve the same kind of punishment? I would understand the warning if I was spreading misinformation intentionally or spamming there, etc. But if you try to help other people, then mods should only tell you that you are not allowed to answer other people's questions there.

However, I don't want to comply about it because it's just a simple warning and I honestly don't care about it. I just say it's not the best way to treat your players if they did nothing wrong.

Reactions: Silco

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
No, it puts you in the punishment track for breaking a rule with no importance. I'm fine with that anyways.
It's only in the track so that we can refer to it later- it's a guarantee that "this person cannot plead ignorance because they have been told about the rule- they have received this warning. They know this is punishable in future."

• Agree
Reactions: remio

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
It's only in the track so that we can refer to it later- it's a guarantee that "this person cannot plead ignorance because they have been told about the rule- they have received this warning. They know this is punishable in future."
Well, that's the one of the basis of laws: "Not knowing about a rule does not exempt you from following it".

By the way, I'll ask a doubt about punishments that I have always had. Imagine I get punished for trolling (just to clarify this hasn't happened to me) in the server, the punishment tracks says the first punishment is a warning. If I get punished for camping later do I get straightly banned for 1 day or do I get another warning because I would have broken 2 different rules?
1663595359096.png

legendaryfox977

Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2022
Dubai
Pronouns
He/Him
Well, that's the one of the basis of laws: "Not knowing about a rule does not exempt you from following it".

By the way, I'll ask a doubt about punishments that I have always had. Imagine I get punished for trolling (just to clarify this hasn't happened to me) in the server, the punishment tracks says the first punishment is a warning. If I get punished for camping later do I get straightly banned for 1 day or do I get another warning because I would have broken 2 different rules?
View attachment 215173
You would get another warning.

legendaryfox977

Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2022
Dubai
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh I thought the punishment track applied to all the rules meaning that if you got a previous warning, you would get straightly banned for breaking another rule.
The annoying thing is I reported some one 3 days ago for scaffolding and he got banned. I deleted the evidence yesterday because I don’t want random videos in my YouTube channel then I got a warning saying I can’t delete evidence that are under 30 days and the hacker got unbanned, lucky him.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
The annoying thing is I reported some one 3 days ago for scaffolding and he got banned. I deleted the evidence yesterday because I don’t want random videos in my YouTube channel then I got a warning saying I can’t delete evidence that are under 30 days and the hacker got unbanned, lucky him.
Yeah, he got unbanned because if you delete the video, then CubeCraft can't prove they were scaffolding, so they get unbanned. Just set these videos as unlisted or create a secondary account just to upload your reports evidences there.

legendaryfox977

Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2022
Dubai
Pronouns
He/Him
Wasted 30 minuets “to make cubecraft a better place”, totally not worth it.

54363CCC-CAD9-42AE-B27E-D9CB6B26F7C0.jpeg
Yeah, he got unbanned because if you delete the video, then CubeCraft can't prove they were scaffolding, so they get unbanned. Just set these videos as unlisted or create a secondary account just to upload your reports evidences there.
So here is the funny part, rule 1.10 says if a report is denied you are not allowed to make a new one so I’m basically trapped right now.

So here is the funny part, rule 1.10 says if a report is denied you are not allowed to make a new one so I’m basically trapped right now.
Did cubecraft even think about this???

Reactions: Awabbatt

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
It says if your report got denied, I don't think that applies to your case. The player was just unbanned because you deleted the evidence that proves they were cheating. However, contact a moderator to be 100% sure about this as I have no idea.

Reactions: legendaryfox977

legendaryfox977

Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2022
Dubai
Pronouns
He/Him
It says if your report got denied, I don't think that applies to your case. The player was just unbanned because you deleted the evidence that proves they were cheating. However, contact a moderator to be 100% sure about this as I have no idea.
Some times it takes a lot of time and effort to report some one till the point that you don’t even care anymore because you will never see him again and he probably got banned by another person.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Some times it takes a lot of time and effort to report some one till the point that you don’t even care anymore because you will never see him again and he probably got banned by another person.
I don't think so. If your report gets accepted that means the cheater wasn't banned before and that they were banned because you reported them. If no one did that, then we would depend of Sentinel, which bans a lot of hackers, but it still needs to be improved.

legendaryfox977

Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2022
Dubai
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't think so. If your report gets accepted that means the cheater wasn't banned before and that they were banned because you reported them. If no one did that, then we would depend of Sentinel, which bans a lot of hackers, but it still needs to be improved.
I didnt mean this report that I just mentioned before, what I meant is reporting people in general. In my opinion it’s more stressful than not doing your homework.

• Haha
Reactions: josepadgui

legendaryfox977

Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2022
Dubai
Pronouns
He/Him
Idk how that’s possible but 2 months ago I woke up and then started playing cube 2 minuets later I got “kicked becuase of flying” but I was able to re-join ( I never hack I only report kids that hack).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom