Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkSparkleWolf

Dedicated Member
May 8, 2015
a galaxy far, far away....
youtu.be
A friend of mine got banned on Badlion for hacks but I know her very well and I am 100% sure she wasn't hacking. That's why I'm never sure whether a anti-cheat plugin can be fully trusted. And as said several times, our developers are working on an anti-cheat. I've been told this is very hard to code, so it can indeed take some time.

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
The founder of Badlion has said they won't sell and/or give out Gcheat, this "idea" is kinda useless.

S41F

Jul 7, 2016
A friend of mine got banned on Badlion for hacks but I know her very well and I am 100% sure she wasn't hacking. That's why I'm never sure whether a anti-cheat plugin can be fully trusted. And as said several times, our developers are working on an anti-cheat. I've been told this is very hard to code, so it can indeed take some time.
As with any anticheat everyone would prefer a very good anticheat that would take 2 years to code. So its fine but then who is working on the game updates

y2002a6n13

Jul 31, 2016
Reports should work in tandem with a cheat detector though if more cheaters are to be banned for good. Let's have a scenario:

We have 2 servers: server A and server B. Server A is your average server with a decent anticheat (no cheat detector, relies solely on reports) and server B is a server with an excellent cheat detector and anticheat but does not have a report system. Let's see what server A and B do against hackers:

Server A relies solely on player reports to ban hackers. No reports = no bans, other than those handed out from staff in-game. We can say that reports currently take a VERY long time without tagging a staff member to look at them. During that time, the cheater can cause a lot of chaos and/or move to another server before being banned.

Server B automatically bans caught cheaters but does not have a report system. However, an automatic system like that means the cheaters will eventually learn to bypass that. This will make the cheat detector redundant without any way to have players report them, since no players will be banned thanks to workarounds. Also, reports are another way of determining how well the server is doing against hackers.

To @Orangeric88: This is why we have reports supplement the cheat detector. Reports serve as "bug reports," telling the devs to further improve a certain area of the anticheat.
but if the anticheat got bypass and mod dont care what we will do plugins are worthless because the can get bypass nothing is better than watchdog also what are they going to do use the same just if you hit a flying entity this is very easy to bypass just toggle down entity easy as that but no you and and many people should become mods so when the have alot they just do /report the report goes to an online mod and watch him and banned him this server need alot of mod thats what i think :)

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
but if the anticheat got bypass and mod dont care what we will do plugins are worthless because the can get bypass nothing is better than watchdog also what are they going to do use the same just if you hit a flying entity this is very easy to bypass just toggle down entity easy as that but no you and and many people should become mods so when the have alot they just do /report the report goes to an online mod and watch him and banned him this server need alot of mod thats what i think :)
I probably will never be a staff on any server but I can understand how much work they have to do. The devs can always improve the anticheat by coding. No plugin or program is finished in the programmer's mind, right? There's always room for more!

Reports and forum topics like this help the devs by telling them if the anticheat is bypassed. So, it's still good to know that since no program is perfect.

@S41F: Cube can release modules of the anticheat (similar to Mineplex's phase 1 -> 2 -> 3 of its anticheat). First module will have anti-flight and combat anti-KB/jesus. Second module can combat kill aura. Third module can include an automated ban system. Fourth module can perform banwaves. This is similar to Star Citizen's way of releasing its game: in parts instead of as a whole.

Pros:
+Anticheat modules released earlier instead of all at once
+Testing phase, meaning players can report any issues with the anticheat. This can be fixed on final release or on the next module

Cons:
-Cheaters will figure out how to bypass the beta anticheat sooner.
-Still takes a long time for the final anticheat to be released.

y2002a6n13

Jul 31, 2016
I probably will never be a staff on any server but I can understand how much work they have to do. The devs can always improve the anticheat by coding. No plugin or program is finished in the programmer's mind, right? There's always room for more!

Reports and forum topics like this help the devs by telling them if the anticheat is bypassed. So, it's still good to know that since no program is perfect.

@S41F: Cube can release modules of the anticheat (similar to Mineplex's phase 1 -> 2 -> 3 of its anticheat). First module will have anti-flight and combat anti-KB/jesus. Second module can combat kill aura. Third module can include an automated ban system. Fourth module can perform banwaves. This is similar to Star Citizen's way of releasing its game: in parts instead of as a whole.

Pros:
+Anticheat modules released earlier instead of all at once
+Testing phase, meaning players can report any issues with the anticheat. This can be fixed on final release or on the next module

Cons:
-Cheaters will figure out how to bypass the beta anticheat sooner.
-Still takes a long time for the final anticheat to be released.
but there anti cheat wont be good as good as gwen or watchdog because the fact they dont much money to make a good anti cheat so this is what i thin 1- g cheat 2- watchdog 3-gwen 4-cubecraft new anti cheat ??

Reactions: S41F

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
but there anti cheat wont be good as good as gwen or watchdog because the fact they dont much money to make a good anti cheat so this is what i thin 1- g cheat 2- watchdog 3-gwen 4-cubecraft new anti cheat ??
Again, no anticheat is 100% perfect. There's currently 4 devs and 4 jr. devs working on it. I have no clue who is working on what but let's see what they have to present us.

GWEN actually isn't good thanks to a bypass. Ghost clients and low-key hacks bypass it according to xturtle's videos. Additionally, it's currently in phase 1, so it's not a finished product yet. However, at least it is a step-up from Mineplex's flawed MAC.

Also, I read somewhere on Badlion that buying a Gcheat license will actually do more harm than good. That means more cheaters will be able to bypass it if more servers have gcheat. The following quotes are from Badlion's owners themselves:

"The reality is that Mojang should be doing something about this and not me. Sad thing is NoCheatPlus and myself are having to do their jobs instead. The only way GCheat would be shared with other servers if they offered me a LOT of money to do so and signed a contract with consequences for sharing it with anyone else." -MasterGBerry

"Because it only takes one idiot to give away the plugin to a hacker and now it's like NCP, everyone can see the code and find ways to bypass it easily. Releasing it would do more damage then it would do good in the long run, because then it'll no longer work.

That's why." -Archybot

S41F

Jul 7, 2016
Ok but I don't mid facing hackers with AntiKB and kill aura and bhop. It's easy to defeat them I e defeated so many. Even and antifly plugin for now will be fine because honestly that is the most game changing. Then replace it with the new anticheat.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Ok but I don't mid facing hackers with AntiKB and kill aura and bhop. It's easy to defeat them I e defeated so many. Even and antifly plugin for now will be fine because honestly that is the most game changing. Then replace it with the new anticheat.
Kill aura is still a big game changer, especially in the early game. Against the weaker players, a cheater with an axe will do devastating damage against armored players, even more if it's a fire sword. Pair kill aura with bhop and it's VERY difficult to aim at the cheater.

S41F

Jul 7, 2016
Depends on how you play. Most hackers don't even use bhop. kill aura criticals and AntiKB is not too hard if you know how to play it some hackers don't use AntiKB because it is too abvious so really most of the time you are coming up against criticals and kill aura just keep strafing and you will be fine

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Depends on how you play. Most hackers don't even use bhop. kill aura criticals and AntiKB is not too hard if you know how to play it some hackers don't use AntiKB because it is too abvious so really most of the time you are coming up against criticals and kill aura just keep strafing and you will be fine
Even if you strafe, their kill aura will still lock onto you. Almost every game I ran into had a hacker bhop at the LAST MINUTE to avoid getting killed OR to initiate a fight. Either way, it brings pain. In short, they ALWAYS have the extra hits off you and the extra mobility no matter what weapon they have, where you go, and the terrain.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
I don't think you understand how plugins work, so let me help you quickly. While G-Cheat may be a good plugin to use, doesn't necessarily mean that it could translate for it to be the best for CubeCraft Games. One: it may not be compatible with the custom plugins that the developer team uses. Two: it may not have the same capabilities and have the same effect on all gamemodes.

Reactions: betty's oldies

SSK101

Jul 29, 2016
yup i agree with you younisco
S41F u need to do some research about them
SSK101:cube_light:

y2002a6n13

Jul 31, 2016
Again, no anticheat is 100% perfect. There's currently 4 devs and 4 jr. devs working on it. I have no clue who is working on what but let's see what they have to present us.

GWEN actually isn't good thanks to a bypass. Ghost clients and low-key hacks bypass it according to xturtle's videos. Additionally, it's currently in phase 1, so it's not a finished product yet. However, at least it is a step-up from Mineplex's flawed MAC.

Also, I read somewhere on Badlion that buying a Gcheat license will actually do more harm than good. That means more cheaters will be able to bypass it if more servers have gcheat. The following quotes are from Badlion's owners themselves:

"The reality is that Mojang should be doing something about this and not me. Sad thing is NoCheatPlus and myself are having to do their jobs instead. The only way GCheat would be shared with other servers if they offered me a LOT of money to do so and signed a contract with consequences for sharing it with anyone else." -MasterGBerry

"Because it only takes one idiot to give away the plugin to a hacker and now it's like NCP, everyone can see the code and find ways to bypass it easily. Releasing it would do more damage then it would do good in the long run, because then it'll no longer work.

That's why." -Archybot
yea but until now i dont see many hacker on hypicle watchdog is op you even told how to bypass gwen and g cheat but not watchdog ?

y2002a6n13

Jul 31, 2016

That's why." -Archybot
also why do you watch that jk xturtle but i never saw an enemy to cubecraft like xturtle to mineplex and other but cubecraft dont have one :P

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
I honestly think this suggestions is useless. The suggestion originally was to use G-Cheat on Cubecraft. There are multiple reasons why this wouldn't work. Badlion made G-Cheat and doesn't publicly share or sell it. Badlion is, as said above, still running on 1.8. A 1.8 anti-cheat doesn't work for 1.9 since all the aspects of PvP have been changed.

There are a lot of people who say "Use Watchdog", "Use GWEN" etc., but it doesn't work like that. Watchdog, GWEN, G-Cheat and a lot of other good anti-cheats were made for a server and only for that server. None of the anti-cheats stated above are publicly shared or buyable, so there is no way Cubecraft could use them.

Besides the fact that Cubecraft has no access to those anti-cheats, Cubecraft doesn't copy plugins, anti-cheats or games from other servers. Cubecraft has too little developers for all the projects they want to accomplish, so a new anti-cheat could take a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
Top Bottom