Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Erm not true. None of those games were off the self plugins as far as I am aware :D We of course look for concepts for games everywhere (suggestions from you guys, other servers, games outside of Minecraft). When we bring a game to CubeCraft though we write it ourself, most games aren't designed to work on our systems or on a scale like we need them too. Reasons like these are why we had to take Creative down and re-do it. That was originally based on an "off the shelf" plugin but as more and more people played on it it became unmanageable hence why we re-made it.
So then what is the reason the minigames got removed?

Reactions: Sophie

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
So then what is the reason the minigames got removed?
The same reason we remove a lot of content, over time the cost of maintaining them and keeping them fresh is more than the reward of doing so. If we have older gamemode sometimes we have a collection of great ideas that we want to put in to them so we'll do a refresh. Others there is no such idea so they get retired until we do have some new ideas. This is what happened with Quake Craft.

Reactions: Sweetenerera

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
The same reason we remove a lot of content, over time the cost of maintaining them and keeping them fresh is more than the reward of doing so. If we have older gamemode sometimes we have a collection of great ideas that we want to put in to them so we'll do a refresh. Others there is no such idea so they get retired until we do have some new ideas. This is what happened with Quake Craft.
So, it had nothing to do with them being unoriginal..?

johncoles

Forum Expert
Jan 6, 2014
Manchester, UK
johncoles.com
So, it had nothing to do with them being unoriginal..?
That comes in to it but we like to bring new ideas to replace old ones. Arcade was a litttle tired with the old games and needs an update. That was they we did the new version. We added Quake Craft and Slime Survival in because we thought they were cool and that we had new ideas for them ;)

Reactions: Komodо

DopeRider

Jan 24, 2015
That comes in to it but we like to bring new ideas to replace old ones. Arcade was a litttle tired with the old games and needs an update.

Congrats! You got me off the server. Oh, what's that? I have been awarded four trophies: three years, long time no speak (no knidding when I said you got me off the server removing SCB), and more for the two years and one year. Very nice. Now goodbye again! :P

Reactions: PerryJ and Komodо

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Uh, then, like Mineware is that unique.. (Mineware -> Hypixel Says)
Nope not its origin
Yeah remember @Mac
You know the owner of the chunky server that merged with Cubecraft giving Cubecraft TD, Blockwars, And blockband?
Yup Minerware came from the chunk too
So it is kind of unique

Congrats! You got me off the server. Oh, what's that? I have been awarded four trophies: three years, long time no speak (no knidding when I said you got me off the server removing SCB), and more for the two years and one year. Very nice. Now goodbye again! :p
Cya
We added Quake Craft and Slime Survival in because we thought they were cool and that we had new ideas for them ;)
so that was unrelated to the demand of adding them
Or was it since there was demand on multiple games but those were the only 2 you could make new modes out of

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Nope not its origin
Yeah remember @Mac
You know the owner of the chunky server that merged with Cubecraft giving Cubecraft TD, Blockwars, And blockband?
Yup Minerware came from the chunk too
So it is kind of unique
Oh... I didn't know that

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday!
me after realizing my uncle started watching jjk: 😨💀
UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Hiiii xSchulzis! :D
UncleSpect wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on WolfX's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom