Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
This is just my vision on it, but I think that sadly more and more people have been realizing that they don't feel proud at all anymore to be part of the staff team, besides it binds you to certain restrictions of voicing your feedback regarding the server. For example: It would provoke quite an awkward situation if you tell your employees or boss that they're not doing their job correctly. I guess they've resigned so they can voice their honest opinion on certain threads as a simple bystander, not having to worry about what their ''boss or colleagues'' think of their opinion, but of course these aren't the only reasons people resign. They could just simply lose interest or find the job too time consuming.
This might qualify as the best post of 2018, and 2018 only just started. I kind of am one of those moderators who resigned lately, so yay. I do indeed agree with what you're saying, but I used to like always share my opinion on things within the staff team (I probably got into the most arguments out of any staff), and it can be quite difficult to tell someone there's a problem or something isn't going to work out when they worked hard on it etc. I did try to though, but at the end I couldn't really be bothered anymore, they didn't really listen anyway and they always had to see damage being done first before they felt a change was needed. That being said, me sharing my opinion in public now instead of in a closed room where the information doesn't leave the room, it probably damages them and they will want to change things, which they have been trying to do it seems.
You never know. But like @Tacosbefriends said: some people try to look as "perfect" as they can be just to enter the staff team. You just had a human reaction - not sure what you did - but everyone makes mistakes in their life. Don't worry about it, just stay yourself. It's not because they denied that you are never going to be a helper. Everything is possible.
I'll speak from experience that players who are really trying to become helper are usually more disliked by staff members, of course this counts mostly on the forums. Like it doesn't really help staff if you're going around others' threads tagging a bunch of staff asking them to lock it for whatever reason. Just be yourself, have fun and of course you can try to become a helper, but don't make it your whole life's mission.
Actually I am (as are the rest of management) quite happy to hear people's opinions, both positive and negative. We actively ask for feedback. However giving feedback is a skill that you learn and some people have no idea of how to do it. Just shouting "EVERYTHING IS BAD, IT'S ALL WRONG" is not useful to anyone involved. When providing feedback it's important to persuade the person you are writing to. You'll notice when I am replying to a suggestion I try and start with something positive and then move in to the items I think could be improved. There are lots of good ways to tell people they are "wrong" without just being negative.
Although yes, giving feedback is a skill, I feel like giving it the same positive way every single time makes it feel obsolete, it doesn't feel true anymore. Because how annoying is it when you have 10's of suggestions and all you get is a response with "I really like that idea and we would love to add that in the future", but then time passes and you never hear or see anything back from your suggestions.

I guess here's some feedback to you: I think it's good how you're trying to change some things around recently, by being more active on the forums, but also by responding to more staff. I do feel like there could be improvements, it would be great if you guys could get together with the community to figure out some things they would like to see prioritised over other things. Also I feel like staff deserve more apprecation from the management team, those guys spend so much time on making the server what it is. They keep the server clean from players who break the rules, they interact with the community to create a better image for CubeCraft, and all that without getting anything out of it, barely even any appreciation from the people who should give it the most. These guys play the game/server so much than probably anyone from the management team, they tend to know what is good or not good for the server, but yet it often gets ignored.

EDIT: If I remember correctly I believe some of the messages I got from the management team when I resigned were like "bye" and "finally".

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Haven't really seen them around. Looking at post history, nothing really stands out.

All three of these people seem like they would be good helpers.

I'm not sure if he really want's to be a helper, and all the anti-cubecraft stuff he's said probably isn't good, but if it were up to me I would accept.

Probably the only person on the list that I would see being a staff member in the future.

Please, no.

Don't be rude.
Take a chill pill me dude.
Also again. I don't even know why you assume I'm a helper wannabe. I'm interested in the community. Not the perks. I honestly rather donate my time to this server than nothing. But you guys always think of some villain. I just want to help. I'm the doctor.

Reactions: Twania

Thefty

Forum Expert
Nov 20, 2015
somewhere deep in the woods
I actively encourage staff to bring issues they have with other staff, management, or myself to me. I see nothing but downsides to making staff bottle up how they really feel. Obviously, I'm not pleased if a staff member makes a thread titled "CUBE SUX DON'T PLAY HERE," since that's simply unproductive and damaging, but it's foolish to ignore issues and hope they resolve themselves or pretend they're not a concern. Staff who want to resign for this reason should attempt to communicate their issues in a calm and mature manner before making drastic decisions.
Nah they just actually understand that they won't change anything whatsoever. :)

PerryJ

Forum Expert
Aug 28, 2016
Doofenshmirtzz Evil Inc.
Pronouns
He/Him
I find this an interesting topic. Whoever gets chosen as a Helper I hope they will bring the positive vibe back to the server. I read the forums everyday and I see much negativity. Ofcourse Cube has it's problems at the moment. We all know that. We have bugg issues, unhappy players, staff issues and so on. I read the posts about them everyday. But if we want to climb up the ladder again we must first look at ourself. The staff team and the community must work together to bring that positive vibe. A really important tip for the future Helper: Don't be the "Thread locked" & "Necroposting is not acceptable" one. Instead of that be online on the server and Discord and help the people if they have any questions. Join games with the community. You will get a lot of respect from that. Players can actually tell you what's bother them about a specific game. And my last tip for the future Helper: Don't think if you ever get Mod that you become inactive because you have 'achieved' your goal. Stay as active as you can. I see enough mods who are imo not as active as they used to be.

As for the community here: Don't be all negative everyday. Most time the Mods can't do anything other then tell your problems to the Developers. Don't be completely rude to Mods. They are still people and not even an adult yet. They have feelings too. Respect eachother more. If we can achieve this in 2018 I'm sure we've made a big step already.

Maybe a bit too offtopic but one last message to the Developers: Please focus more on repairing bugs. Some bugs are here for years now and it drives people crazy. I've heard enough stories that people leave Cubecraft, because the bugs aren't repaired. You are doing a fantastic job making new games, but try to focus on other things as well.

Last edited:

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maybe a bit too offtopic but one last message to the Developers: Please focus more on repairing bugs. Some bugs are here for years now and it drives people crazy. I've heard enough stories that people leave Cubecraft, because the bugs aren't repaired. You are doing a fantastic job making new games, but try to focus on other things as well.
The developers kind of get told what to do, although they do get a lot of time from the management to fix bugs, I guess the management team should press the issue more, not sure.

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
No staff member (resigned or still staff) has ever screamed "EVERYTHING IS BAD, IT'S ALL WRONG".
Good feedback was and is being given. The fact that no does does anything with the feedback is not the problem of the (ex)staff member.

Just want to clear that up for the people that believe what is being said by the management here.

If I remember correctly I believe some of the messages I got from the management team when I resigned were like "bye" and "finally".
That's what you get for giving negative feedback. Just shows they aren't happy to hear that at all.

D

Deleted member 169486

Don't be rude.
Also again. I don't even know why you assume I'm a helper wannabe. I'm interested in the community. Not the perks. I honestly rather donate my time to this server than nothing. But you guys always think of some villain. I just want to help. I'm the doctor.
I gave honest feedback to everyone in the thread. Just because I don't want to voice my opinion on you becoming a helper again does not make me rude.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Don't be rude.
0% of what you said in this message had anything to do with his message. He never called you a wannabe in that message, he never said you weren't interested in the community, and he never said you were here just for the perks. No need to get defensive.

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
This is just based on how popular some one is lol. Some if these people helped players with their problems. But the most of them you guys choose is 1. Because some one else mentioned the name before en 2. As I said, just based on how popular someone is....
There's only one problem with your theory (I don't want to be egocentric), I got mentioned a pretty decent amount of times and I am basically the personification of Blockband, while Blockband is FAR from popular. How do you explain that? (Although i have to admit that you're (almost) completely right)

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
There's only one problem with your theory (I don't want to be egocentric), I got mentioned a pretty decent amount of times and I am basically the personification of Blockband, while Blockband is FAR from popular. How do you explain that? (Although i have to admit that you're (almost) completely right)
*He says meanwhile he has more likes then posts*

Megaaa

Forum Veteran
Mar 4, 2015
East-Flanders, Belgium
You got popular because you were the only player that played Blockband the most. You also have your own armour stand in the Ismand games lobby, some one made a profile picture for you with the word ‘blockband’ and you also reveived a special reward for being the most tryhard player of bloclband. Sure you are popular by that. The whole forums know that your tryharded that a lot because you postzd plenty of threads about it.

Reactions: Komodо

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
This might qualify as the best post of 2018, and 2018 only just started. I kind of am one of those moderators who resigned lately, so yay. I do indeed agree with what you're saying, but I used to like always share my opinion on things within the staff team (I probably got into the most arguments out of any staff), and it can be quite difficult to tell someone there's a problem or something isn't going to work out when they worked hard on it etc. I did try to though, but at the end I couldn't really be bothered anymore, they didn't really listen anyway and they always had to see damage being done first before they felt a change was needed. That being said, me sharing my opinion in public now instead of in a closed room where the information doesn't leave the room, it probably damages them and they will want to change things, which they have been trying to do it seems.

I'll speak from experience that players who are really trying to become helper are usually more disliked by staff members, of course this counts mostly on the forums. Like it doesn't really help staff if you're going around others' threads tagging a bunch of staff asking them to lock it for whatever reason. Just be yourself, have fun and of course you can try to become a helper, but don't make it your whole life's mission.

Although yes, giving feedback is a skill, I feel like giving it the same positive way every single time makes it feel obsolete, it doesn't feel true anymore. Because how annoying is it when you have 10's of suggestions and all you get is a response with "I really like that idea and we would love to add that in the future", but then time passes and you never hear or see anything back from your suggestions.

I guess here's some feedback to you: I think it's good how you're trying to change some things around recently, by being more active on the forums, but also by responding to more staff. I do feel like there could be improvements, it would be great if you guys could get together with the community to figure out some things they would like to see prioritised over other things. Also I feel like staff deserve more apprecation from the management team, those guys spend so much time on making the server what it is. They keep the server clean from players who break the rules, they interact with the community to create a better image for CubeCraft, and all that without getting anything out of it, barely even any appreciation from the people who should give it the most. These guys play the game/server so much than probably anyone from the management team, they tend to know what is good or not good for the server, but yet it often gets ignored.

EDIT: If I remember correctly I believe some of the messages I got from the management team when I resigned were like "bye" and "finally".
Would appreciate it if you'd respond to this @johncoles

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Top Bottom