Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

pelt

Nov 5, 2023
They won't be reversing the update as far as I know. It took them ages to make and would have been a pain to take in watching it all get removed...
yeah true 11 month of work in silence, but it happen they learn atleast they not like lifeboat never learning or listening community, BUT EGGWARS DIDN'T NEEDED ANY CHANGE (maybe just ems was useless even tought I used it)

Reactions: Reesle

VanHouten

Apr 28, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
The comparison is only there for the point of giving feedback on business operations. That's strictly up to the business.

Feedback on products and experience is absolutely fair game, that's what you're exchanging your time and money for.
All I'm really saying, and my general stance on all of this, is that if CubeCraft listened to the Bedrock and Java community they would have never overhauled EggWars in the 1.19 update. The community made that abundantly clear and the direct response to that was many people quitting the server and moving to Hive.

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
Yep. I am not surprised at all that cubecraft is in this situation right now after their 1.19 update for java/bedrock. A couple of months ago, I pointed out the major flaws in cubecraft's decision making and 1.19 update, which nobody really agreed with besides a couple of people https://www.cubecraft.net/members/gamer8314.597224/. I am actually surprised that a lot of people are now starting to see the major flaws with the 1.19 update and staff team, and this is the first time I see a lot of mods starting to agree with constructive criticism of the server. The playercount is still decreasing after their 1.19 java update is out of their so called beta, which proves all of my previous points in that thread I linked above. The fact that cubecraft couldn't even touch 800 players on a weekend today is not suprising, and on weekdays, the average is now between 600-700 players, down a whole 100 players since I made that thread https://minecraft-stats.com/server/play.cubecraftgames.net/7. Let the staff team dig their own graves with "saving" java, it's clear that aren't willing to listen to the community

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
All I'm really saying, and my general stance on all of this, is that if CubeCraft listened to the Bedrock and Java community they would have never overhauled EggWars in the 1.19 update. The community made that abundantly clear and the direct response to that was many people quitting the server and moving to Hive.
Ok, but that's got nothing to do with my point on giving feedback on the hiring process.
That's a different point entirely.

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: pelt and gamer8314

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
Unfortunately due to NDAs, personal data, and it being a business operations thing, we couldn't tell players if we're hiring/training new Devs.
And these are also things which take 3+ months due to the training and probationary period, so we could be training people, and the community wouldn't know about it for months.
Laura, you have had no new developers for nearly 2 years. According to the Staff Team History thread, the last developer that was added to the staff team was in March 7th, 2022. So with that argument, you're telling people that since march of last year, you couldn't find any developer that was suitable to work at cubecraft? One thing I know for sure from your response is that something isn't adding up. Your terrible excuses will not hide the fact that the 1.19 update is a disaster, which is supported by the amount of people who agree with this thread.

VanHouten

Apr 28, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
Ok, but that's got nothing to do with my point on giving feedback on the hiring process.
That's a different point entirely.
Yeah I know. I said that because my personal pain point doesn't have much to do with the hiring process. I worked on writing the whole 'marketing' part of thread. That's why I said that my previous message is my general stance on everything.

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
Laura, you have had no new developers for nearly 2 years. According to the Staff Team History thread, the last developer that was added to the staff team was in March 7th, 2022. So with that argument, you're telling people that since march of last year, you couldn't find any developer that was suitable to work at cubecraft? One thing I know for sure from your response is that something isn't adding up. Your terrible excuses will not hide the fact that the 1.19 update is a disaster, which is supported by the amount of people who agree with this thread.
Hi there, did you take into consideration the fact that we had a good sized development team prior to starting the 1.19 update? Ergo; no need to hire new people in that time?
That might help fill in the gap with your difficulty adding things up.

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah I know. I said that because my personal pain point doesn't have much to do with the hiring process. I worked on writing the whole 'marketing' part of thread. That's why I said that my previous message is my general stance on everything.
Sure thing, and I understand that argument and point of view. I was just commenting on the whole issue with the hiring process, so I wasn't sure how your comments related to that.

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
Hi there, did you take into consideration the fact that we had a good sized development team prior to starting the 1.19
Did you also take into consideration that developers started resigning just 1 month after that date? A total of 11 developers resigned since march of 2022, which is a staggering number (which I'm not surprised at).

• Agree
Reactions: pelt and privqted

VanHouten

Apr 28, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi there, did you take into consideration the fact that we had a good sized development team prior to starting the 1.19 update? Ergo; no need to hire new people in that time?
That might help fill in the gap with your difficulty adding things up.
It's crazy to me that you are replying in such a negative tone to people that care about the server and are giving feedback.

WorriedSkate940

Helper
Team CubeCraft
🙌 Helper
Feb 2, 2023
Poland but I live in Sweden
I think people overreacted at the start of the update, and didn't give the update a chance. I played a lot of eggwars since the update came and I can say that it's still very playable, if not better than before. And the other games were updated in such good ways. I am playing so much better since the update got released. I over all think this update was great

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
Did you also take into consideration that developers started resigning just 1 month after that date? A total of 11 developers resigned since march of 2022, which is a staggering number (which I'm not surprised at).
I did indeed.
Many of our developers have left because they found roles in the careers they have always wanted to get into (info-sec, broadcast media, cryptography, insurance tech...), some left because of personal reasons and commitments. Since the start of working on the 1.19 update we had 2 developers leave.

Please keep in mind that we initially thought 1.19 would take 3 to 4 months. Having 1 developer leave in that time was not a huge deal, as we planned to start rehiring once those 3 months had elapsed and the update went out.
...only it didn't go out after 3 months, and now we're stuck between two systems which are completely incompatible with each other, and we HAVE to get the update done, everything else is a secondary objective. That includes hiring.

So yes we were down a few team members going into 1.19 update, but our plan was to hire after that. A plan which got delayed.

You can spin your view how you want, imply whatever you want to imply, but you're just speculating and disrespecting the strong relationship we have as a team, members current and past.

pelt

Nov 5, 2023
I think people overreacted at the start of the update, and didn't give the update a chance. I played a lot of eggwars since the update came and I can say that it's still very playable, if not better than before. And the other games were updated in such good ways. I am playing so much better since the update got released. I over all think this update was great
it's playable but eggwars was funnier before, its like saying a game is bad just when its not playable:
crazy price/weird kb/respawn with pick/gold too op/overpowered=normal (except enchant no sharpness).
I need my 21 iron = 63 block and low cost pickaxe and add back the possibility to buy block for 1 iron it was a good thing from update that was removed.

how the update feel rn, from 1 iron stone pickaxe eff 2 to this:
ezgif-2-b9af1d1a90.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Reesle and privqted

KonayukiPvP

Oct 19, 2023
Tokyo
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes, I completely agree with this. And I want to say about more. Despite the fact that CubeCraft has been pointed straight out by partners, the community and many other players about the flaws in the 1.19 update, the Asian servers were few, the lag remained and left many complaints spewed by Eggwars, FFA and others. A few weeks ago, there appears to have been some improvement, but one wonders why they have not withdrawn the update that has received so much criticism and returned it to its pre-update state, or left only the content that was praised by players.

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
We deliberately did not hype up the update at this time. We intentionally launched the update as a beta as we knew there would be many bugs and stability issues for some time. For some context: this is the largest update we've ever done to CubeCraft; not only from a content side, but updating nearly 10 Minecraft versions is no easy feat. Our server platform was completely redone and much of our backend systems had to be written.
You never told people the update was initially going to be in beta. People expected the update to be a full release, but unsurprisingly, it wasn't. That's one of the many reasons why so much people hate the 1.19 update.
No amount of internal testing and QA would have revealed many of the issues we experienced at launch.
That's a flat out lie. While it wouldn't prevent all the bugs from occurring, it would have certainly prevented a majority of the bugs appearing. With your logic, game developers don't need to test their game for bugs before releasing it, because it would have the same amount of bugs regardless of how much they tested their game.
We had already rolled the update out to Java a few months prior, and even with a playerbase of nearly 1,000 CCU, it wasn't enough to reveal a lot of the issues we saw at scale with 20,000+ players. We also wanted to gather feedback about a lot of the changes we made during the 1.19 update and make changes, including the EggWars update.
Nope, your java server after the 1.19 update never reached 1k consistently. It's also funny how you're saying that you wanted to gather feedback on the 1.19 update, something you and your staff team never did before starting to work on the update. That alone would have prevented a majority of the issues that players had with the 1.19 update.
However, when we took the server out of beta, we put a lot of energy and effort around promoting the new content and updates. This came in the form of our Party Update followed with an anniversary animation. This was one of the largest marketing pushes we had done in quite some time. After all the changes we had made during the beta period, we have seen far more positive results
Overall, there has been very little changes to the java server after the 1.19 update came out, and the player count has decreased overall. You are still stuck with the same 6 game modes, and sure, new maps, but that doesn't take a full rework of your frameworks to pull off. Either you are not being transparent about how much your new frameworks actually benefits cubecraft overall, or you are simply not taking advantage of it, which would destroy one of your main points of updating to 1.19. And yes, there is a map rotations system for java cubecraft now, but that doesn't make much sense to begin with since Story said it doesn't cost less to reduce the amount of maps there are:
I only said costs wouldn't go down for reducing maps.
And the map rotation system also doesn't need a new frameworks to implement, which goes back to one of my main points.

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
So yes we were down a few team members going into 1.19 update, but our plan was to hire after that. A plan which got delayed.
No, you were down 9 developers when you started working on the 1.19 update. If only around half of them left (4 devs), it would still make a huge difference on the 1.19 update. It seems that you didn't plan well. If you looked at the staff team history at the time, You would have known that 9 developers left before you even started to work on the update. If you tried to recruit new developers before working on it, it would have allowed you to complete the update faster, and there would have been less issues. You should have also listened to what people wanted before working on the 1.19 update in the first place.
but you're just speculating
In which points I made where I was speculating?
and disrespecting the strong relationship we have as a team, members current and past.
I am trying to tell you the truth of the current situation of the server, which isn't being disrespectful.

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
That's a flat out lie. While it wouldn't prevent all the bugs from occurring, it would have certainly prevented a majority of the bugs appearing. With your logic, game developers don't need to test their game for bugs before releasing it, because it would have the same amount of bugs regardless of how much they tested their game.
Ahem, may I point you towards the first month of release of GTA V Online, one of the biggest and most funded and most tested games of all time, where they released and their servers bricked themselves within the first 20 minutes.
You can't test at that scale. You just can't. It's nice that you think that you can, and maybe you'll someday develop a service which allows business to run hundreds of thousands of simulated player's data through a bespoke system, in a way that's affordable for that business.
But until then, you can't.

Redned

Protocol Developer
Team CubeCraft
💻 Developer
Apr 24, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
You never told people the update was initially going to be in beta. People expected the update to be a full release, but unsurprisingly, it wasn't. That's one of the many reasons why so much people hate the 1.19 update.
It was a beta on Java during this period and we communicated that there. However, hindsight is certainly 20/20 and I'm not going to disagree that our communication could have been better here.

This seems to be a fairly contradictory statement you've made. To offer more clarity on what I said: many issues we encountered on release day were only evident at scale. I'm not saying that we should not do any kind of QA or testing - we certainly do - but a lot of the major issues that were reported were problems no amount of QA or internal testing would have revealed, because they only appeared with a large number of players. Hope this clears this up.

Nope, your java server after the 1.19 update never reached 1k consistently. It's also funny how you're saying that you wanted to gather feedback on the 1.19 update, something you and your staff team never did before starting to work on the update. That alone would have prevented a majority of the issues that players had with the 1.19 update.
Keyword: nearly.

Additionally, 1.19 was the direction we planned to take the network. Staying on 1.12 was no longer sustainable in any case and taking the network to new heights on such an old version (looking at you Skyblock 👀) was incredibly challenging. We've been able to offer so many new mechanics in our games being on a new version.

Again, I am not going to disagree that the 1.19 release could have certainly gone better. As I've stated, this is the largest update we've done to this extent and we've learned a lot.
Overall, there has been very little changes to the java server after the 1.19 update came out, and the player count has decreased overall. You are still stuck with the same 6 game modes, and sure, new maps, but that doesn't take a full rework of your frameworks to pull off. Either you are not being transparent about how much your new frameworks actually benefits cubecraft overall, or you are simply not taking advantage of it, which would destroy one of your main points of updating to 1.19. And yes, there is a map rotations system for java cubecraft now, but that doesn't make much sense to begin with since Story said it doesn't cost less to reduce the amount of maps there are:

And the map rotation system also doesn't need a new frameworks to implement, which goes back to one of my main points.
We've been routinely doing game updates and content updates on Java. These include EggWars updates, Lucky Islands updates, cosmetic updates, parkour updates, and finally, the map rotations.

We began our GameFramework migration a couple years ago, and finished it with the 1.19 update. The fact that our games are all using a common framework and share so many more common components means we can update games far more regularly. It's one of the main reasons that we've been able to deliver so many more updates lately. "Not" migrating over to this framework was not an option. It's tremendously helped with productivity and overall quality of updates - from a dev side, we've been able to take full advantage of it all!

Laura

Dedicated Member
Verified
Jan 16, 2018
Space
Pronouns
She/Her
Overall, there has been very little changes to the java server after the 1.19 update came out, and the player count has decreased overall. You are still stuck with the same 6 game modes, and sure, new maps, but that doesn't take a full rework of your frameworks to pull off. Either you are not being transparent about how much your new frameworks actually benefits cubecraft overall, or you are simply not taking advantage of it, which would destroy one of your main points of updating to 1.19.

And

And that's only in the last week or so.
That's what the framework essentially does from a game development side of things. It also does a lot more for player stats systems, settings, database management, game and server health monitoring, and a few other things.

Fewer game modes, to put it bluntly, means players are more concentrated into the game modes that remain. This is to ensure games start ASAP, because nothing is a bigger game killer than having to wait for games to start.
Adding more games and game modes just dilutes the games we already have.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
Top Bottom