Zedmin / Managing Director
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 11, 2015
Radcliffe, Manchester
twitter.com
Hi everyone,

A slightly different post than usual!

We're making changes to how we run CubeCraft to ensure that you, our community, are at the heart of everything we are trying to achieve. We've got some people stepping up into new roles and so I wanted to take time explain our decisions.

FYI: There is a TLDR at the bottom! I've stolen some pictures from the Design team twitter to add some life into this post though!

First a brief backstory:
image.png

As I'm sure a lot of you are aware: 2018 and 2019 were tough years for us. Our server shrank and with it our team, resources and ability to deliver the things that we all wanted to see happen.

Over the past 6 months our Bedrock server and our marketplace team have had great success which we are incredibly proud of. However our Java network is and remains the heart of the CubeCraft Games network and it’s unfortunate we have not been able to put as much effort into as we would have liked.

We’ve always been proud of our community (some exceptions do apply...) and we were upset at the increasing sense of frustration and upset. A lot of this has been due to a perceived lack of communication - where we have definitely faulted but as explained above the past few years have been tough and there’s not been a lot of positive news to give out and so, perhaps mistakenly, we chose silence instead.
It's hard for us to be honest with you about issues - our goal is to provide great entertainment, not bore you with the details!

Looking forward:
image (1).png

Myself and the rest of the team are really excited for 2020 we’ve got some big things in the works and are wanting to refocus effort onto the Java network.

At the back end of 2019 we took on four new developers: @RDev_ , @Palombo, @Mindgamesnl and Pico. Effectively tripling the size of our development team is no easy feat and there are some inevitable growing pains as the team gets used to the server and everything we have going on. A lot of team are still onboarding but over 2020 we’re wanting to refresh a lot of our content including updating EggWars, SkyWars and Lucky Islands.

We’re wanting to take our offerings on both Java and Bedrock to new heights. Nothing is set in stone yet, we are hoping to be take on more community suggestions where appropriate. It’s important to get the correct balance between new games and updates alongside the supporting content and systems (such as Friends and Parties).

In 2020 I'd love see more of the amazing parts of our community - the creativity, the (appropriate) memes, the initiative shown with the translations and try to get back to our roots of having the entire CubeCraft team as part of the community.

Some changes:
image (2).png

To support the growth of our platform across Java, Bedrock and Marketplace we're revamping how we run the team. Myself and @Efcluke94 sat down and realised we'd never seriously reconsidered how we ran the team since 2015! It’s our belief that it’s time for a ground up rethink of how the staff team operates.

The goals of the changes are as follows:
  • Respect that there are different types of moderation focus: e.g Reports, Ingame, Discord and Forums - it’s unreasonable to expect a volunteer to commit to all of these
  • Bring our moderation presence on to the Bedrock Network
  • Dramatically increase the number of volunteers we have helping out in the community. Internally, we'd like to have around 100 active staff members by the end of the year!
These plans and our overall 2020 ambitions is definitely going to be a challenge and to support this we're bringing in some new people to take ownership of parts of this.

Please join me and congratulation and welcoming our new admins:
  • @Buuuddy - Deputy Staff Manager
    • Supporting Animal and the other managers as the team grows; day to day staff team management; develop new guidelines and procedures
  • @Elenahh - Translations Manager & Special Projects
    • Helping grow and maintain the translations team; help support miscellaneous projects
  • @Capitan - Moderation Manager
    • Ensure rules are applied fairly and consistently; work with mods to ensure reports get done; setting priorities for Sentinel;
  • @IceScreams - Recruitment Manager
    • Run the helper and mentor programme; reimagine our helper requirements; deliver our ambitious staff team growth!
  • @Younisco - Community Manager
    • Help develop our community; decide how we use forums and Discord; dank meme creator; be the face of the team to the entire community.
They're joining the existing admin team of @AnimalTamer1 (Head of Staff), @Camezonda, @rubik_cube_man, @marcoslater, @johncoles, @Efcluke94 and myself.

What does this mean?
It will take a few weeks for the new admins to start making their stamp, but here are a few things we are planning:
  • Lowering the requirements for helper: both in terms of age but also the arbitrary limits in terms of reports / forum post. As explained we believe there is more to being a great volunteer other than reports and our helper programme should respect that.
  • Reviewing our rules: We have a lot of very specific rules at the moment - we want to simplify how many rules we have
  • We're in the slightly bizarre situation at the moment where we have more admins than mods..! If any previous staff members want to rejoin the team we will be allowing a direct entry back to moderator - this should help boost numbers in the short term.
  • Working harder to communicate with you - more open and honest when replying to threads, we cannot reply to all threads, but we'll try!

TLDR
image (3).png

Please send a massive congratulations to our new admins @Buuuddy, @Elenahh, @Capitan, @IceScreams and @Younisco.
2020 is going to be awesome, we're really excited to start bringing out new content and this new admin team will allow us to focus more on you :)

<3

Last edited:

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Got no words to describe how much I appreciate the changes and you sharing them with the community. What'll happen to the ranks in-game? Will members of the 'Admin Team' get paid (or is this confidential?), is it a part-time or full-time job? Or just voluntarily? What's up with permissions (same as mods or more like manager permissions, or confidential?)

Sorry if some questions cannot be answered, I understand :)

Zed

Zedmin / Managing Director
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 11, 2015
Radcliffe, Manchester
twitter.com
Got no words to describe how much I appreciate the changes and you sharing them with the community. What'll happen to the ranks in-game? Will members of the 'Admin Team' get paid (or is this confidential?), is it a part-time or full-time job? Or just voluntarily? What's up with permissions (same as mods or more like manager permissions, or confidential?)

Sorry if some questions cannot be answered, I understand :)
  • We expect a lot out of our Admin Team members (significantly beyond that of Sr Mod) so it's only fair that they receive some compensation. Volunteering is still at the heart of the staff team though and that's not going to change! They aren't full time positions - everyone still has other things going on in their life!
  • Permissions - this will vary by role - we trust the entire team but need to make sure user data is still protected and we don't want anyone accidentally breaking the network ;)

S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
This really gave me a positive feeling about what's coming this year, I'm really excited!
Congratulations to everyone who became part of the admin team! ^-^

Siftenly

Forum Expert
Nov 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Woah! I'm so excited for 2020! Congratulations to the staff members with new ranks! I hope that we can make the Cubecraft community even bigger in 2020. :D (Rip "admin red" colour though xd)

Reactions: Buuuddy and Zed

Markietjeeeee

Aug 19, 2018
Netherlands,Utrecht
Hi everyone,

A slightly different post than usual!

We're making changes to how we run CubeCraft to ensure that you, our community, are at the heart of everything we are trying to achieve. We've got some people stepping up into new roles and so I wanted to take time explain our decisions.

FYI: There is a TLDR at the bottom! I've stolen some pictures from the Design team twitter to add some life into this post though!

First a brief backstory:
View attachment 158946

As I'm sure a lot of you are aware: 2018 and 2019 were tough years for us. Our server shrank and with it our team, resources and ability to deliver the things that we all wanted to see happen.

Over the past 6 months our Bedrock server and our marketplace team have had great success which we are incredibly proud of. However our Java network is and remains the heart of the CubeCraft Games network and it’s unfortunate we have not been able to put as much effort into as we would have liked.

We’ve always been proud of our community (some exceptions do apply...) and we were upset at the increasing sense of frustration and upset. A lot of this has been due to a perceived lack of communication - where we have definitely faulted but as explained above the past few years have been tough and there’s not been a lot of positive news to give out and so, perhaps mistakenly, we chose silence instead.
It's hard for us to be honest with you about issues - our goal is to provide great entertainment, not bore you with the details!

Looking forward:
View attachment 158943

Myself and the rest of the team are really excited for 2020 we’ve got some big things in the works and are wanting to refocus effort onto the Java network.

At the back end of 2019 we took on four new developers: @RDev_ , @Palombo, @Mindgamesnl and Pico. Effectively tripling the size of our development team is no easy feat and there are some inevitable growing pains as the team gets used to the server and everything we have going on. A lot of team are still onboarding but over 2020 we’re wanting to refresh a lot of our content including updating EggWars, SkyWars and Lucky Islands.

We’re wanting to take our offerings on both Java and Bedrock to new heights. Nothing is set in stone yet, we are hoping to be take on more community suggestions where appropriate. It’s important to get the correct balance between new games and updates alongside the supporting content and systems (such as Friends and Parties).

In 2020 I'd love see more of the amazing parts of our community - the creativity, the (appropriate) memes, the initiative shown with the translations and try to get back to our roots of having the entire CubeCraft team as part of the community.

Some changes:
View attachment 158944

To support the growth of our platform across Java, Bedrock and Marketplace we're revamping how we run the team. Myself and @Efcluke94 sat down and realised we'd never seriously reconsidered how we ran the team since 2015! It’s our belief that it’s time for a ground up rethink of how the staff team operates.

The goals of the changes are as follows:
  • Respect that there are different types of moderation focus: e.g Reports, Ingame, Discord and Forums - it’s unreasonable to expect a volunteer to commit to all of these
  • Bring our moderation presence on to the Bedrock Network
  • Dramatically increase the number of volunteers we have helping out in the community. Internally, we'd like to have around 100 active staff members by the end of the year!
These plans and our overall 2020 ambitions is definitely going to be a challenge and to support this we're bringing in some new people to take ownership of parts of this.

Please join me and congratulation and welcoming our new admins:
  • @Buuuddy - Deputy Staff Manager
    • Supporting Animal and the other managers as the team grows; day to day staff team management; develop new guidelines and procedures
  • @Elenahh - Translations Manager & Special Projects
    • Helping grow and maintain the translations team; help support miscellaneous projects
  • @Capitan - Moderation Manager
    • Ensure rules are applied fairly and consistently; work with mods to ensure reports get done; setting priorities for Sentinel;
  • @IceScreams - Recruitment Manager
    • Run the helper and mentor programme; reimagine our helper requirements; deliver our ambitious staff team growth!
  • @Younisco - Community Manager
    • Help develop our community; decide how we use forums and Discord; dank meme creator; be the face of the team to the entire community.
They're join the existing admin team of @AnimalTamer1 (Head of Staff), @Camezonda, @rubik_cube_man, @marcoslater, @johncoles, @Efcluke94 and myself.

What does this mean?
It will take a few weeks for the new admins to start making their stamp, but here are a few things we are planning:
  • Lowering the requirements for helper: both in terms of age but also the arbitrary limits in terms of reports / forum post. As explained we believe there is more to being a great volunteer other than reports and our helper programme should respect that.
  • Reviewing our rules: We have a lot of very specific rules at the moment - we want to simplify how many rules we have
  • We're in the slightly bizarre situation at the moment where we have more admins than mods..! If any previous staff members want to rejoin the team we will be allowing a direct entry back to moderator - this should help boost numbers in the short term.
  • Working harder to communicate with you - more open and honest when replying to threads, we cannot reply to all threads, but we'll try!

TLDR
View attachment 158945
Please send a massive congratulations to our new admins @Buuuddy, @Elenahh, @Capitan, @IceScreams and @Younisco.
2020 is going to be awesome, we're really excited to start bringing out new content and this new admin team will allow us to focus more on you :)

<3
I wish all 5 of you the bests of luck! Congratulations!

Reactions: Zed

Aosm

Apr 16, 2019
Congrats to Cubecraft team staff, i would see this working. Awesome! Keep doing the good work!

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Such a nice and positive thread, looking forward to see all the new changes!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
Top Bottom