• Eggwars turtle shell helmet

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Aquatic parkour maps

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Part 1 of the update aquatic is now out on bedrock, so that means that it could come out any day on java. Here are a few ideas I have for when the update does come out and Cube updates.

Survival games
  • Tridents can be found in chests
  • Turtle shell helmets can be found in chests
  • Sea warrior kit, which gives you a trident and a turtle shell helmet
Skywars
  • Tridents can be found in chests
  • Turtle shell helmets can be found in chests
  • Turtle kit, which gives you a turtle shell helmet and some depth strider 1 leather boots (green)
Eggwars
  • Tridents available in villager shop (10 diamonds in normal, 5 in op)
  • Turtle shell helmets available in villager shop (10 iron in normal, 2 in op)
Parkour
  • Some maps where you have to swim through 1x1 gaps in walls as part of the parkour
New gamemode
Suggestion coming soon

A

A pigeon

Also prices are broken and sea warrior is OP, no trident kits pls. A trident is a diamond axe with a shorter cooldown which can be thrown.

Reactions: Lilleh__

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
You kids and your new sparkling items are forgetting to realise that Minecraft has always been a good game since it first started in 2011. We don't need to have more shiny items. We need better game mechanics. The games already good but to improve it greatly you need to change something about it, not add. The eggwars shop isn't always 100% balanced, expirement with that. In skywars they could use an algorithm to study the correlation between what loot a person got compared with how well they did that game, if this were done over all of skywars they could assign point values on each item and arrive to perfect loot tables. But you guys would rather have resistance 4 slowness 4 potions? They can already implement that. Tridents? They can modify the damage of an item (probably a diamond axe) and the attack speed, also to throw it mineplex has a throwing axe in their sg. Same thing can be added here (maybe changing range). Riptide could be simulated somehow kind of like hypixel's double jump in tnt run.

All of this is completely positive in the game as it is. Yes it won't look quite right but texture packs can be designed.

Also just look at badlion, yes they are ending in 20 days to start a partnership with other servers to stop cheating. But they had a hell of a good run with barely any updates, 3 gamemodes which hardly got updates. But you know why the server survived for so long? Because the games were fun, the hit reg made it better and MasterGBerry did a very good job with their anticheat. The mechanics were there so the server thrived. If a game is already fun and perfect. You don't need monthly updates. This gives temporary incentive to play the game then dies down again. I think that CubeCraft should focus on being a fun experience as it is with perfect game balance rather than receiving mojangs apopology for how bad prismarite looks. Be more independent, the game is already great as it is.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
None of those items would be useful apart from the trident in Fantasy on SG when it is raining (and that would only work if it was enchanted with riptide, which would be quite stupid anyway).
Its called the "update aquatic" for a reason, thus a better way for these items to be implemented was if there was a game similar to skywars, or some underwater minigame, but with islands in the sea instead of in a void world, as the trident works best underwater and the turtle helmet ONLY works underwater

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
The Trident has different attack speed than sword / axe, this would just be really weird to fight with. Compare it the the normal duel 'Miner', in my opinion it is extremely annoying to fight with a different attack speed than people are used to.

• Tridents can be found in chest
How do you see this? Does it spawn instead of a (good) sword, instead of a tool or as extra thing?

In skywars they could use an algorithm to study the correlation between what loot a person got compared with how well they did that game, if this were done over all of skywars they could assign point values on each item and arrive to perfect loot tables.

I actually really like that idea. I feel like an 'good armor spawn' is stronger than a 'good weapon spawn'. If this would be possible to add, it would be amazing.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
The Trident has different attack speed than sword / axe, this would just be really weird to fight with. Compare it the the normal duel 'Miner', in my opinion it is extremely annoying to fight with a different attack speed than people are used to.
All axes have a different attack speed, so not really an argument.
None of those items would be useful apart from the trident in Fantasy on SG when it is raining (and that would only work if it was enchanted with riptide, which would be quite stupid anyway).
A trident isn't just for launching yourself in the air.
But you guys would rather have resistance 4 slowness 4 potions?
Strawmanning, never mentioned in this thread.
Tridents? They can modify the damage of an item (probably a diamond axe) and the attack speed, also to throw it mineplex has a throwing axe in their sg. Same thing can be added here (maybe changing range). Riptide could be simulated somehow kind of like hypixel's double jump in tnt run.
Or instead of modifying and coding it they can just add the trident itself, since it's been confirmed cube is updating to 1.13 already.

I think that CubeCraft should focus on being a fun experience as it is with perfect game balance rather than receiving mojangs apopology for how bad prismarite looks. Be more independent, the game is already great as it is.
I don't fully disagree with that

Now I'll let the last piece speak for itself:
Also just look at badlion
yes they are ending

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
A trident isn't just for launching yourself in the air.
Well it is. The range attack deals 8HP of damage, a fully drawn bow in comparison (no enchantments) deals 9, with 1/5 chance of dealing 10. You don't need an enchantment to be able to reuse a bow again, whereas you do to reuse the trident, unless you have multiple on you, even then, the bow is still the best weapon for range.
Its melee attack deals 9HP, the same as a stone, iron and diamond axe, but you can anvil sharpness onto axes, not with tridents (impaling only works on aquatic mobs), so again the axe is a superior weapon. In fact in terms of DPS (damage per second), a trident deals DPS similar to an unenchanted iron sword.
As a melee weapon, you can easily find/craft a better weapon than the trident in any mode of SW or SG, and a normal bow is better than even a trident enchanted with loyalty (as you have to wait for it to return, whereas you wait less to reload an arrow).

So actually, a trident IS just for launching yourself in the air (or for underwater battles as I suggested, due to its trajectory underwater), or for using channelling in thunderstorms.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Well it is. The range attack deals 8HP of damage, a fully drawn bow in comparison (no enchantments) deals 9, with 1/5 chance of dealing 10. You don't need an enchantment to be able to reuse a bow again, whereas you do to reuse the trident, unless you have multiple on you, even then, the bow is still the best weapon for range.
Its melee attack deals 9HP, the same as a stone, iron and diamond axe, but you can anvil sharpness onto axes, not with tridents (impaling only works on aquatic mobs), so again the axe is a superior weapon. In fact in terms of DPS (damage per second), a trident deals DPS similar to an unenchanted iron sword.
As a melee weapon, you can easily find/craft a better weapon than the trident in any mode of SW or SG, and a normal bow is better than even a trident enchanted with loyalty (as you have to wait for it to return, whereas you wait less to reload an arrow).

So actually, a trident IS just for launching yourself in the air (or for underwater battles as I suggested, due to its trajectory underwater), or for using channelling in thunderstorms.
Just because something doesn't do a lot of damage does not mean it's not a weapon. A wooden sword is still as much of a weapon as a diamond sword.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
Just because something doesn't do a lot of damage does not mean it's not a weapon. A wooden sword is still as much of a weapon as a diamond sword.
Wooden swords aren't even in SG and are rarely found unenchanted in basic mode SW chests (if they are even possible to find, I forget). A trident also counts as a projectile technically so would only be found in projectile mode/soft blocks of skywars, which rarely happen as most ranked players prefer no projectiles mode, and since they are such a bad weapon damage wise, I doubt anyone would use them.

Your counter argument to this will probably be "just because not many people use them, some people still want to so it should be added", which would be a decent argument, however, there would need to be plugins coded to prevent riptide, loyalty and channeling books from existing, stop the trident being enchanted, chest loot would need to be reconfigured to accommodate the trident into projectile mode only chests, weapon balancing, and if they update to 1.13, shields will be updated and I'm not sure if tridents disable shields so they'd also need to potentially balance that too.
As much as it would be great to add them to sg/sw, we both know the cubecraft dev team won't be able to do this, not within a year anyway, it would be better if they just worked on an aquatic gamemode featuring them instead

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
I'd rather prefer the new mechanics introduced in 1.13/14 rather than the trident. I personally feel that the trident is more of a survival weapon with it's unique enchantments. I would still prefer a Sword or an Axe over a trident unless they somehow completely revolutionize the PVP for 1.13 and the versions to come. So if they add it, let it be. If they don't, I'm not quite concerned.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Wooden swords aren't even in SG and are rarely found unenchanted in basic mode SW chests
Even still,
a trident deals DPS similar to an unenchanted iron sword.
So It's still a valid weapon nonetheless. Dismissing this would be like saying we shouldn't have eggs because people vote no projectiles and because they're basically snowballs but they spawn chickens which could be seen as a bad thing.
there would need to be plugins coded to prevent riptide, loyalty and channeling books from existing,
Not really.
I'd rather prefer the new mechanics introduced in 1.13/14 rather than the trident.
The trident is a part of the new mechanics. It requires 0 effort to add them in.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
All axes have a different attack speed, so not really an argument.

Strawmanning, never mentioned in this thread.
Sorry for a poor example, I just needed an example of something that could easily be added.
Or instead of modifying and coding it they can just add the trident itself, since it's been confirmed cube is updating to 1.13 already.
Well cubecraft could have theoretically already added tridents as snapshots came out and cubecraft could still add even cooler items to the game. If cubecraft can be self dependent and not need mojang to update their game then they gain a lot of stability.
I don't fully disagree with that
Should I create a thread on the automatic skywars loot balancer system?
Now I'll let the last piece speak for itself:
The reason badlion is ending is not because of the server dying (it is a lot but so is every other server at the moment tbh). The reason they are ending is because the staff team (mostly MasterGBerry) Are geniuses at these good mechanics and want to use their skills all over minecraft to promote a cheater free environment and their server is a bit of a hassle to run. I'll link the thread. https://www.badlion.net/forum/thread/214407 Please don't stab me for advertising that is in no way the goal.

A

A pigeon

And to be fair the trident does do a lot of damage while critting.
Sorry for a poor example, I just needed an example of something that could easily be added.

Well cubecraft could have theoretically already added tridents as snapshots came out and cubecraft could still add even cooler items to the game. If cubecraft can be self dependent and not need mojang to update their game then they gain a lot of stability.

The reason badlion is ending is not because of the server dying (it is a lot but so is every other server at the moment tbh). The reason they are ending is because the staff team (mostly MasterGBerry) Are geniuses at these good mechanics and want to use their skills all over minecraft to promote a cheater free environment and their server is a bit of a hassle to run. I'll link the thread. https://www.badlion.net/forum/thread/214407 Please don't stab me for advertising that is in no way the goal.
Make that thread effot, although idk anything tbh,!maybe the devs could say yes/no.
Wooden swords aren't even in SG and are rarely found unenchanted in basic mode SW chests (if they are even possible to find, I forget). A trident also counts as a projectile technically so would only be found in projectile mode/soft blocks of skywars, which rarely happen as most ranked players prefer no projectiles mode, and since they are such a bad weapon damage wise, I doubt anyone would use them.

Your counter argument to this will probably be "just because not many people use them, some people still want to so it should be added", which would be a decent argument, however, there would need to be plugins coded to prevent riptide, loyalty and channeling books from existing, stop the trident being enchanted, chest loot would need to be reconfigured to accommodate the trident into projectile mode only chests, weapon balancing, and if they update to 1.13, shields will be updated and I'm not sure if tridents disable shields so they'd also need to potentially balance that too.
As much as it would be great to add them to sg/sw, we both know the cubecraft dev team won't be able to do this, not within a year anyway, it would be better if they just worked on an aquatic gamemode featuring them instead
Riptide completely eliminates the throwing aspect of the trident. It lets you jump great distances, but only with riptide 3, 1 and 2 dont let you leap to mid.

Channeling is fully useless.

Loyalty is very useful, I dont understand why you would not want that. Tridents cant disable shields btw.

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
It's not that they need mojang for the tridents, it's like refusing a free gift. Adding tridents requires 0 extra coding.
Yes, go ahead.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
It's not that they need mojang for the tridents, it's like refusing a free gift. Adding tridents requires 0 extra coding.
True, but they have to code to get to the update in the first place and trust me. It's going to be a shit show. All blocks are put into categories and have a different ID, it's almost impossible to hold 1.13 and 1.12 people in the same server and requires so many resources. This is fine for cube since majority of the playerbase plays on the highest version. But this is also true with hypixel. Majority of hypixel and most 1.8 minigames servers (maybe even factions idek) play in the latest version. This means they will need to either quit supporting 1.13, quit supporting 1.8-1.12.2 OR try to buckle through and support all versions and create so much lag.
Yes, go ahead.
Already did. In suggestions section.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SpringWarz wrote on SanCookie's profile.
If you come back, I will stop eating the cookies
Otherworld wrote on mitgobla's profile.
Thank you for everything, Mit 💙
Otherworld wrote on Frontlane's profile.
The person whom this profile page belongs is cute ✨
After being away for more than a year, I'm returning to Cubecraft. I've really missed the community. Feel free to say hi if you spot me on Discord or the server. :)
RobinDn wrote on Nikoshka's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom