Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Hannex

Dec 13, 2021
Just thought of some cool stuff that could be added and also changed for balance

Drops
- change pots drop to 3 random (always lvl 1) pots (1 normal, 1 splash, 1 lingering)
- this is to make the drop less op (since harming 2 and poison 2 do a lot of damage) and allow for more strategy with interesting effects like slow falling, jump boost or fire resistance.
- make goat horns and spyglasses less common
- please people spam goat horns and I want to rip my ears off.
- bucket of pufferfish
- its actually useful in pvp since the pufferfish will attack any player close enough so placing it on another player will damage them and give them poison for a few seconds.
- a drop that summons the warden for 30 seconds
- more color variation for block drops (concrete, glass, wool)
- bee hive with 3 bees
- random suspicious stew
- 15 second mining fatigue splash potion
- riptide 1 trident with 3 durability
- turtle shell helmet
- powdered snow bucket + leather boots (prot 1)
- pillager patrol (2-3 pillagers)
- piglin + 10 gold
- add a "cloud" item as a drop, gives 3 seconds of levitation when used, one time use

Kits
- change "lucky" kit to 2 blue lucky blocks
- add spyglass to "tracker" kit
- add 5 obsidian to "barricade" kit
- add "piglin" kit with golden leggings, 2 piglin spawn eggs and 10 gold
- add "pillager" kit with a quick charge 1 crossbow and 5 arrows
- add "fish" kit with depth strider 2 leather boots and 3 buckets of tropical fish

Also new achievements would be awesome (52/54 done ;D )

Hope you consider some of these, as the current drops are good, but also there aren't that many and I feel like more features and items from 1.13+ would make the game more exciting and unique, anyway I will probably make more posts if I come up with new stuff, thanks!

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I’ll reply to each of the suggested features separately to keep it nice and clean. Generally very fond of your entire suggestion though!

Potion Drop
Yes please. First of all, you always get the same amount of potions with the same effects which not only is repetitive but also clogs up your inventory.

Another reason why I’d love this is as I personally would love to see some more interesting potions effects used in Lucky islands now that the newer version content allows it. Slow falling, jump boost II, fire resistance and a splash pot of levitation sound very interesting to me.

Goat Horns & Spyglasses
I’m personally not a fan of the spyglasses in general. Practically every client already has a zoom feature, only Vanilla doesn’t. I’m not saying to remove it entirely, as for Vanilla players it can be a useful drop, but I totally agree with lowering the drop frequency on this one. It’s way too common.

About the goat horns though, I like them. They can be annoying, yes, but I haven’t really come across anyone in Lucky Islands using them frequently. They are a somewhat useless item, but I do think that, - considering we’re talking about Lucky Islands here - some useless drops are necessary to balance out the incredibly good ones.

Bucket of Pufferfish
I read your suggestion right after you posted it and I’ve been meaning to reply ever since. This part of the suggestion actually intrigued me. It’s so creative! I doubt I’d ever think of something like this as it’s an item that you normally wouldn’t care much about. Props to you and I totally agree! This could be such an interesting drop.

Warden drop (30s)
Personally not a fan of this one. Preferably, the drop would last a much shorter time, max 10 seconds, but I don’t see this being a good idea as most starter islands are quite small and the warden is, well, quite big and fast… and dangerous. I could see it being a part of a map specifically, just like the warden SkyWars map, but as its own drop? I don’t know.

More colour variations
This one is an instant yes please from me. This way, proper building blocks are given out more frequently and there’s a bit more colour in the world!

Bee Hive Drop
I’m not entirely certain what this drop would even be used for, especially on a map without pre-existing beehives.

The bees will only get triggered after being attacked or having their hive broken, for which you would need someone else to break it to have them get attacked. Another drop without a proper use does balance out the really good drops, but do you really wish for such a drop to be added?

Random Suspicious Stew
Fits in perfectly with the Lucky Islands concept. I’ve got nothing specific to say about this one

Mining Fatigue Splash Potion
I think this one goes well together with the first suggestion about the potion drop.

Riptide Trident
I love the idea behind this one, but I doubt it would be very useful considering many maps don’t actually make use of bodies water - obviously excluding Underwater.

Turtle Shell Helmet
Same issue as above but I think this one would prove to be somewhat useful regardless.

Powdered Snow + Leather Boots
Also a really creative idea which I think would be very useful. Not much else to say about it.

Pillager Patrol & Piglin + 10 Gold
About the Pillager Patrol one, I’m an absolute fan. I believe we need some more (semi-)dangerous drops alongside all the good ones suggested so far and those that already exist in the game to create somewhat of a challenge.

To be honest, I think expanding on that idea alongside the original idea would work well. Perhaps add both this drop and a separate one that spawns one vindicator.

About the piglin, good idea, but a lot of the pig drops are hardly useful, and trading with them in a competitive game can get quite time-consuming. If it was worth the wait though, I believe I’d be a complete fan of this idea. Not sure if it’s possible or not, but it’d be awesome to add a special piglin trading loot table that allows you to get some interesting items.

Also, on the topic of trading, I believe that regular villagers have gotten nerfed way too much. I think adding some specific, either special or generally good, trades would be so much more interesting than the banners and fire resistance arrows that you can get now. - Speaking from today’s experience here…

“Cloud” Item
How about a ‘Cloud in a Bottle’. Consuming it will provide you this small boost, but perhaps change it to 5 seconds instead of 3. You’ll practically instantly fall down with just three!

I love the ideas you proposed for kit changes and new kits. Maybe it’d be better to add the Pillager kit items to the regular Archer kit - not enchanted, but instead a regular bow + crossbow. As an addition to balance the kits out a bit, I think adding a feature to the Archer kit that after every kill, you get an arrow or two, would prove to be interesting. But the kit balancing is a whole other topic.

And yes, I agree on the fact that we need more achievements, especially for Lucky Islands as the 1.19 update has brought us so many cool features of which there is some awesome achievement material. Certain ideas would be an achievement for getting the glitch lucky block and one for opening the overpowered lucky block and getting X drop. “I believe I can fly” for /fly, for instance. Just silly ideas…

Hannex

Dec 13, 2021
I’ll reply to each of the suggested features separately to keep it nice and clean. Generally very fond of your entire suggestion though!

Potion Drop
Yes please. First of all, you always get the same amount of potions with the same effects which not only is repetitive but also clogs up your inventory.

Another reason why I’d love this is as I personally would love to see some more interesting potions effects used in Lucky islands now that the newer version content allows it. Slow falling, jump boost II, fire resistance and a splash pot of levitation sound very interesting to me.

Goat Horns & Spyglasses
I’m personally not a fan of the spyglasses in general. Practically every client already has a zoom feature, only Vanilla doesn’t. I’m not saying to remove it entirely, as for Vanilla players it can be a useful drop, but I totally agree with lowering the drop frequency on this one. It’s way too common.

About the goat horns though, I like them. They can be annoying, yes, but I haven’t really come across anyone in Lucky Islands using them frequently. They are a somewhat useless item, but I do think that, - considering we’re talking about Lucky Islands here - some useless drops are necessary to balance out the incredibly good ones.

Bucket of Pufferfish
I read your suggestion right after you posted it and I’ve been meaning to reply ever since. This part of the suggestion actually intrigued me. It’s so creative! I doubt I’d ever think of something like this as it’s an item that you normally wouldn’t care much about. Props to you and I totally agree! This could be such an interesting drop.

Warden drop (30s)
Personally not a fan of this one. Preferably, the drop would last a much shorter time, max 10 seconds, but I don’t see this being a good idea as most starter islands are quite small and the warden is, well, quite big and fast… and dangerous. I could see it being a part of a map specifically, just like the warden SkyWars map, but as its own drop? I don’t know.

More colour variations
This one is an instant yes please from me. This way, proper building blocks are given out more frequently and there’s a bit more colour in the world!

Bee Hive Drop
I’m not entirely certain what this drop would even be used for, especially on a map without pre-existing beehives.

The bees will only get triggered after being attacked or having their hive broken, for which you would need someone else to break it to have them get attacked. Another drop without a proper use does balance out the really good drops, but do you really wish for such a drop to be added?

Random Suspicious Stew
Fits in perfectly with the Lucky Islands concept. I’ve got nothing specific to say about this one

Mining Fatigue Splash Potion
I think this one goes well together with the first suggestion about the potion drop.

Riptide Trident
I love the idea behind this one, but I doubt it would be very useful considering many maps don’t actually make use of bodies water - obviously excluding Underwater.

Turtle Shell Helmet
Same issue as above but I think this one would prove to be somewhat useful regardless.

Powdered Snow + Leather Boots
Also a really creative idea which I think would be very useful. Not much else to say about it.

Pillager Patrol & Piglin + 10 Gold
About the Pillager Patrol one, I’m an absolute fan. I believe we need some more (semi-)dangerous drops alongside all the good ones suggested so far and those that already exist in the game to create somewhat of a challenge.

To be honest, I think expanding on that idea alongside the original idea would work well. Perhaps add both this drop and a separate one that spawns one vindicator.

About the piglin, good idea, but a lot of the pig drops are hardly useful, and trading with them in a competitive game can get quite time-consuming. If it was worth the wait though, I believe I’d be a complete fan of this idea. Not sure if it’s possible or not, but it’d be awesome to add a special piglin trading loot table that allows you to get some interesting items.

Also, on the topic of trading, I believe that regular villagers have gotten nerfed way too much. I think adding some specific, either special or generally good, trades would be so much more interesting than the banners and fire resistance arrows that you can get now. - Speaking from today’s experience here…

“Cloud” Item
How about a ‘Cloud in a Bottle’. Consuming it will provide you this small boost, but perhaps change it to 5 seconds instead of 3. You’ll practically instantly fall down with just three!

I love the ideas you proposed for kit changes and new kits. Maybe it’d be better to add the Pillager kit items to the regular Archer kit - not enchanted, but instead a regular bow + crossbow. As an addition to balance the kits out a bit, I think adding a feature to the Archer kit that after every kill, you get an arrow or two, would prove to be interesting. But the kit balancing is a whole other topic.

And yes, I agree on the fact that we need more achievements, especially for Lucky Islands as the 1.19 update has brought us so many cool features of which there is some awesome achievement material. Certain ideas would be an achievement for getting the glitch lucky block and one for opening the overpowered lucky block and getting X drop. “I believe I can fly” for /fly, for instance. Just silly ideas…
Thanks for the reply :D

you really havent heard anyone constantly playing the goat horn? ive encountered it about 10 times and always try to go kill them lol

yeah the warden drop would probably be too difficult for most players, another thing ive thought about is adding a new type of lucky block, an event lucky block, basically it causes one of the events that are usually just in crazy mode, a warden spawning at mid could be one of the events and keep in mind that it takes a good while for the warden to actually start attacking a player if theyre being careful.

The beehive was kind of a niche idea, basically if youre running from someone and block off the way with planks and a beehive, they will probably accidentally break the hive, but also there are already a bunch of useless drops so i dont think it would be that bad (and bees are cute as hell). the turtle helmet just serves as an armor piece so its not totally useless but i wanted to include some stuff that shows players some items they might not be familiar with.

the kits right now are really imbalanced, everyone either uses the 2 default kits or the diamond kit so they need a major redo and giving some or all kits a unique ability (like the +1 arrow per kill) would really spice them up.

just fyi, im all for removing the op lucky block at mid, it could be nerfed too (yoink rod is a fun item) but the current drops are not even fun, i dont even use /fly if i get it.

(and omg your pfp is so cute :3)

Reactions: Hoshi

Cube Nerd

Jun 18, 2021
please spam goat horn!!! they need to make the diamond ones less common

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #40-
Walt Disney currently holds the most Academy Awards. Till now, Disney won 26 Oscars. Disney is nominated a grand total of 59 times!
Eli wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!!
Eli
"What say you?" said he, the abyss did not respond back.
Playing EggWars moslty on CubeCraft Java.
Top Bottom