Not open for further replies.

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Poseidon

Poseidon is (balance wise) the worst kit in the game. FFA is a mostly balanced game, with most kits being roughly equal in strength. However, Poseidon is the exception to this; it has one of the weakest weapons in FFA and it has weak armour as well.

Trident

For those who don't know, Poseidon has Trident, enchanted with loyalty 1. This makes it a ranged/melee hybrid. As it can throw it's Trident, or use it in close combat. The issue is, it takes ages to return. The reason for this is loyalty 1. Loyalty 1 is an extremely weak enchantment, that makes the Trident return to it's user, but very very slowly. It can take upwards of 10 seconds for your Trident to return to you. Leaving you defenceless for 10 while seconds.

My solution is to buff the Trident, by changing it's loyalty 1 to loyalty 3. This is the highest level of loyalty and makes the Trident return a bit over twice as fast, from my own testing at least. This would make throwing your Trident less of a commitment, as you wouldn't be defenceless for as long.

Armour

Poseidon also has extremely weak armour, that armour being: Diamond Helmet with protection 1, Iron Chestplate with protection 1, Diamond Boots with depth strider 1.

Yes that's right, the kit doesn't come with leggings. There are 2 other kits with comparable armour to Poseidon, those being Wizard and Samurai. Wizard makes up for it by having 11 different potions and Samurai makes up for it by having speed 2. Poseidon on the other hand, is just left with weak armour. My suggestion is to give it Iron leggings with Protection 1. This would give it much better armour and helps it compete with kits like Warrior and Beast. I think it should also have it's depth strider 1 upgraded to depth strider 3, as this would help it chase down kills underwater.

Outro

Tldr; Give Poseidon loyalty 3 on it's Trident and give it protection 1 Iron Leggings. Overall, I think these changes would make Poseidon middle of the pack on Java and on the higher end on Bedrock. It would be better on Bedrock as Tridents are better on Bedrock compared to Java. Thanks for reading and goodbye.

Edit

You should also receive respiration 3 on your Helmet. So that you can breath longer when underwater.​

Last edited:

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
I genuinely enjoyed this kit however it feels really clunky to play with and very unoptimized with how slow and buggy the loyalty trident is

sometimes it would get stuck and noclip inside blocks and it would take a loooong while to retrieve it back

also I think it would be cool if we also had bucket of water and riptide 1-2 on the trident, would definitely be sick if we can't have the leggings

Reactions: Dualninja

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
I genuinely enjoyed this kit however it feels really clunky to play with and very unoptimized with how slow and buggy the loyalty trident is

sometimes it would get stuck and noclip inside blocks and it would take a loooong while to retrieve it back

also I think it would be cool if we also had bucket of water and riptide 1-2 on the trident, would definitely be sick if we can't have the leggings
Yeah, Tridents on Cubecraft are a bit buggy. They're generally buggy on every server, but it's a bit worse on Cubecraft. The reason it takes so long is because of loyalty 1. The higher level loyalty, the faster it returns. Specifically, it flies faster through the air when returning, if it has a higher loyalty enchantment.

Sadly you can't enchant a Trident with both loyalty and riptide. It makes sense as if you enchant a Trident with riptide, you can't throw it, even when you're not in water. This means that riptide Tridents can't be enchanted with loyalty, or with channeling. Loyalty Tridents can get enchanted with channeling though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

parent calling you halfway through pvp is the worst debuff you could ever get
Take back what I said earlier, the Infected Wolf spider from grounded is terrifying
This is fr me during bedwars
RDT_20240427_1241257018540164098121553.png
I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
Top Bottom