Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Foxy011

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom
Another much needed post on here. As you all may know, I am a fan of UHC,a great game nonetheless. But less and less people are playing it, not because it's a bad game or anything, but because it's literally unplayable.

I have posted many threads about this 'loading terrain' bug, and it is simply ignored. A developer/owner of Cubecraft cam into the UHC lobby for someone who is using alts to gain wins, but I, and many others in the UHC lobby mentioned this bug to them and they said they are aware of it.

Mods have said that it hasn't been long since UHC was last updated (although it's almost been a year) so they said it isn't their main priority at the moment, and ever since UHC was updated the bug was born that has basically killed the game - and parts of the server.

Mods have also said that they can't just fix bugs with a snap of their fingers, which is true, but they've actually attempted nothing to fix this issue.

Yeah I know, you're all thinking, 'it's UHC, so what? No one plays it anymore, it's dead, etc'. But it's not just UHC that is affected by this bug. Almost every game on the server is affected by this - Eggwars, a really popular game, Minerware, also a popular game, Arcade, another popular game.

The fact that this bug affects so many games, and players on this server, and many players have ranted/complained about this, clearly suggests this should be one of the top priorities that needs to be resolved on this server. Staff really need to listen to the community, because if they did, something would've been done - it's been months. Keeping the server in top form with as little issues as possible and listening to the community of what players want would help Cubecraft continue to grow as people would know that Cubecraft really cares and prioritises what is actually important - and most importantly, Cubecraft would gain more players. No one wants to play on a buggy server - especially as Cubecraft are competing against other servers like Hy***el (it's obvious they are competing as you aren't even allowed to say the name of the server).

I'm not getting on at anyone, naming Cubecraft to be bad, nothing like that. I just need to get this out there, because, I'm no moderator, admin, have zero experience as a staff member but I still know what is important and I can say nothing more about this issue anymore, and if no one listens still, then I really don't know.

Thanks for reading guys, have a good day. :)

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Can't agree more, they really have to fix this problem.

I used to play a lot of speed UHC but since the update, I just crash every game I play and it's not fun at all.
It was actually just a fun game to join, try to get as good armour and possible and then fight people but even if you get a game to start now, you never know if you will crash or be able to actually play the whole game.

New players also join UHC just to try it but after crashing a few times, they just stop playing it because they see that the game doesn't work.

Reactions: Foxy011

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
It was likely me that you saw in the lobby the other day. I spent some time trying to track down the issue and came up empty handed. It does seem likely that the issue could be related to client version (I know there's an entity crash that is 1.12 related in TD). It is worth trying with a 1.11.x client and seeing if it stops the crashes, let me know if it does, more ammunition is always good when it comes to squashing bugs.

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
It was likely me that you saw in the lobby the other day. I spent some time trying to track down the issue and came up empty handed. It does seem likely that the issue could be related to client version (I know there's an entity crash that is 1.12 related in TD). It is worth trying with a 1.11.x client and seeing if it stops the crashes, let me know if it does, more ammunition is always good when it comes to squashing bugs.
I actually always play 1.11.2, I almost always crash on UHC and sometimes on TD. So 1.11 doesn't work that well either.

Foxy011

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom
Can't agree more, they really have to fix this problem.

I used to play a lot of speed UHC but since the update, I just crash every game I play and it's not fun at all.
It was actually just a fun game to join, try to get as good armour and possible and then fight people but even if you get a game to start now, you never know if you will crash or be able to actually play the whole game.

New players also join UHC just to try it but after crashing a few times, they just stop playing it because they see that the game doesn't work.
Couldn't put it better myself SleepyLiv, very true.

Reactions: Livvv

Foxy011

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom
Oh I see, yes it was you I saw, couldn't remember your name, lol. I will definitely try that, and I'll see.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Happens in 1.9.4 as well.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
i think he knows what he’s talking about
There is not always a clear distinction between tracing and other forms of logging, except that the term tracing is almost never applied to logging that is a functional requirement of a program (therefore excluding logging of data from an external source, such as data acquisition in a high-energy physicsexperiment, and write-ahead logging). Logs that record program usage (such as a server log) or operating-system events primarily of interest to a system administrator (see for example Event Viewer) fall into a terminological gray area.
--Wikipedia

L

Lightning McQueen

There is not always a clear distinction between tracing and other forms of logging, except that the term tracing is almost never applied to logging that is a functional requirement of a program (therefore excluding logging of data from an external source, such as data acquisition in a high-energy physicsexperiment, and write-ahead logging). Logs that record program usage (such as a server log) or operating-system events primarily of interest to a system administrator (see for example Event Viewer) fall into a terminological gray area.
--Wikipedia
Mind boggling fancy words

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I'll simplify, it's fine I copied and pasted it from Wikipedia.

Tracing only has to do with the server itself while logging can also be users.
A stack trace in java contains information about the program state at the time an exception is thrown. It would be cought and written to the log by the spigot server, but the logs would contain a lot of other unrelated information. He probably doesn't have to try and find a log somewhere because he knows where the logs are but he wants to see if an exception is thrown when the error occurs.

Foxy011

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom

Hi Quetzi,

I have tried out a 1.11 client and it has made no difference with the bug.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
I might be late, but when I play UHC in a party, we all crash together. I don't know if we just play on the same version or do all the players crash at the same moment?
@Juskebat you might know more about this?

Members Online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
Top Bottom