• I only like the donating points part.

• I only like the spectating part.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Spectating will make ghosting a huge problem, so no thanks.
Sharing points is interesting though. There are good reasons for not wanting it, and also for not wanting it. I'm leaning more to the "not wanting" side though, for reasons like this:
  • Points are supposed to be earned yourself. It'd make my 300K points look like nothing special anymore even though I put all of the work into getting that many.
  • Rulebreakers, or rather, hackers, would be able to send all of their gained points to a friend after they win some games with slightly discrete hacking. This means that another person gets all the goodies which are gained due to hacking. That person would profit from hacking.
  • Insane amounts of point beggars would rise in chat.
  • New way to "scam" players (people will definitely get scammed in one way or another)

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Spectating will make ghosting a huge problem, so no thanks.
Sharing points is interesting though. There are good reasons for not wanting it, and also for not wanting it. I'm leaning more to the "not wanting" side though, for reasons like this:
  • Points are supposed to be earned yourself. It'd make my 300K points look like nothing special anymore even though I put all of the work into getting that many.
  • Rulebreakers, or rather, hackers, would be able to send all of their gained points to a friend after they win some games with slightly discrete hacking. This means that another person gets all the goodies which are gained due to hacking. That person would profit from hacking.
  • New way to "scam" players (people will definitely get scammed in one way or another)
When conceiving about your statements, yes, you're actually right. Thank you for commenting! I also did know it might not be pragmatic but I gave it a shot just in case.

Reactions: Gainfullterror

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I don't really agree with this, sorry. I believe that players deserve their little bit of privacy while in game. Imagine having 20+ players spectating you for example. I wouldn't feel comfortable at all with that.

If I want to play a solo game or if I'm playing anything alone it means I rather don't want to deal with any specific people at that moment. It kind of causes a bit of pressure when you're being spectated in an intense game. At least that's how I feel it.
What if a man is bunny hopping with blatant kill aura in your game and you are currently running forge so you want your friend who is on optifine to record and report but they can't join the game?

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
I don't really agree with this, sorry. I believe that players deserve their little bit of privacy while in game. Imagine having 20+ players spectating you for example. I wouldn't feel comfortable at all with that.

If I want to play a solo game or if I'm playing anything alone it means I rather don't want to deal with any specific people at that moment. It kind of causes a bit of pressure when you're being spectated in an intense game. At least that's how I feel it.
You can't see spectators lmao.

Reactions: Troublesomee

Luzario

Jun 7, 2017
Ireland
Hi! I have two small suggestions that you might have seen before.Though I will suggest them way different so please read the whole thread before commenting. I will explain what I had in mind. Everyone here got some friends on his or her friend list. You can invite them to a party, talk to them, etc. Wouldn't it be great if you had the opportunity to spectate them, or give them a little gift as they might need some points? When typing /f list, you will see all your on and offline friends. When clicking on one of their names with your right mouse button, you can message him/her directly. What I had in mind was an option where you could choose between gifting or spectating your friend. You will get the menu when left-clicking at one of your online friend's names. About spectating. You will only be able to spectate your friend when he/she is in a game, you are not able to jump to their lobby to prevent stalking, :3. The message you will get will look like this: ''You are not able to spectate your friend when he/she is in a lobby!'' When your friend is in a game, only five players are able to spectate the match, more spectators might cause lag for the other players which I don't want. You can, of course, forbid players to spectate you by disabling the option via the chest settings. The message the player gets when still trying to spectate his/her friend will look like this: '''[Player] doesn't allow you to spectate.'' or ''Your friends game is already full of spectators, you can't spectate, currently.'' When you do still allow spectating and someone wants to spectate you, you can choose between [Allow] and [Deny]. You are the one who decides if someone is allowed to spectate you. Thanks to @ItsDavey_ for this awesome idea.
Donating points will be the second option. For instance, your friend needs some points because he/she really wants to unlock a kit, you can donate some points. The minimum quantity of points you are able to donate must be 10. The maximum will be 150. You can only donate once a week (to the same player). I chose to keep the amount a bit low, otherwise, other players could get any kit without actually doing anything. This is at the expense of your own points. I couldn't think of a third option, if you got any ideas for a third option, feel free to comment! Feedback will be welcomed.
A counter to people who are saying hackers are going to give points to a friend before they get banned. A 100 points a day limit would be better.

BringMeTheHorizon ♠

Forum Expert
Mar 29, 2017
United Stairs of America
I really, really like the spectating idea. I have, myself, wished a numerous amount of times if I could spectate someone. But here's a small suggestion to your suggestion:
How about either; The player in a game can type a command that the other player asking to spectate needs to accept (Basically like a party invite, but to spectate), or maybe the player that wants to spectate would do /f spectate (player name), and the player in game can accept the spectate request? (I like this option much better, btw.) And just like friend and party requests; You can disable getting any kind of spectate request from the menu/settings thingy.

For the donating, it seems nice, I have nothing really against it. Could be abused, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be added. Not too positive about it, but I'm not against it. ^-^

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
It's only 150 max points a week per player inside your friendslist. I'm sure the hacker would get caught before another week passes. And if that is still a problem for you then they could always do it differently. This for example might work:
However, I think the gifting idea should be different. Players should be able to find gifts by opening Cubelets (Rare/Legendary drop). Those gifts would give the player some experience and luck (increases the chance of opening legendary/mythical Cubelets) after you give it to another player. The other player who gets the gift could get a cubelets or some points.
Making so you can only earn gifts by opening Cubelets will definitely reduce the chances of it being abused.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Borgnath's profile.
Happy Birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Borgnath's profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Capitan's profile.
Hola Capp! 🤍
After nearly 2 years on the Forums, I just figured out I can watch an entire subforum 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
IMG_5528.png

This would’ve been so useful in the past. 😭
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Desiderata's profile.
💙
Top Bottom