Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Zhypo

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2015
Happyland
Are you serious? Or are you stupid?
It is 1.8 PvP, not 1.9.......
We wants a FULL 1.8 PvP mode.
Please don't start flaming or calling each other out.

Keyword : PVP
The PvP...
Besides, just take it, and think it as 1.8 with additional things, 1.8.12, :V

Anyhow, i have tried 1.8 pvp, around 10 times today... and now i keep forgetting i play on 1.9 q.q
But anyhow, from 10 games, i did won once... and the 1.8 pvp is more fond to who got the better computer, The better or non laggier your PC Is, the more chances you will win in a pvp, and then spam click, and then just use the 8 circle tactics...
It isn't about who has the best pc/connection, some people with 100 ping are able to double hit you. And same with a ping of 20 (like I have) I sometimes double hit players. So it's not about wifi.

Woah the pancake lover is stoll alive. :eek:
Please stay on topic.

Reactions: iKick

Moooofin

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2015
UK
and the 1.8 pvp is more fond to who got the better computer, The better or non laggier your PC Is, the more chances you will win in a pvp, and then spam click, and then just use the 8 circle tactics...

Of course a better computer gives you an advantage in 1.8. Minecraft is FPS game, a better computer gives you more fps and therefore your game will feel smoother. A better computer will favour every Minecraft game mode Mojang ever release.

In my opinion I think basically everything about 1.9 can stay in the 1.8 mode apart from all the new weapon abilities, dual wielding, the hit registration, knockback dealt/taken, the new purpose of the fishing rod and shields. I think if the core mechanics of the 1.8 style PvP returned and was implemented into the new 1.8 mode then lots of people would be happier, or at least I would be anyways :P

Deestinyer

Dec 24, 2015
Dystopia/England
As a person who likes both 1.8 and 1.9 combat, I decided to share my opinion.

The new 1.8 addition to ccgn isn't fully 1.8. It's a great addition, I appreciate it a ton as I can now enjoy my eggwars games again - though it still feels very much like 1.9.
I most certainly do believe that most, if not all 1.9 additions should be tweaked/removed in the 1.8 mode. It is 1.8 mode after all, not half this and half that. If I want to play with 1.9 features, I will play the 1.9 mode.

I would not mind certain things from 1.9 staying, in fact I still enjoy it with most things being over from 1.9 - though if it's ever to be tweaked, I do believe it should be as close to 1.8 as possible.

Yes, the knockback is ridiculous, in a sense that it just doesn't work/doesn't knock players as far? I don't know how it works, but I most certainly have noticed this issue.

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
As a person who likes both 1.8 and 1.9 combat, I decided to share my opinion.

The new 1.8 addition to ccgn isn't fully 1.8. It's a great addition, I appreciate it a ton as I can now enjoy my eggwars games again - though it still feels very much like 1.9.
I most certainly do believe that most, if not all 1.9 additions should be tweaked/removed in the 1.8 mode. It is 1.8 mode after all, not half this and half that. If I want to play with 1.9 features, I will play the 1.9 mode.

I would not mind certain things from 1.9 staying, in fact I still enjoy it with most things being over from 1.9 - though if it's ever to be tweaked, I do believe it should be as close to 1.8 as possible.

Yes, the knockback is ridiculous, in a sense that it just doesn't work/doesn't knock players as far? I don't know how it works, but I most certainly have noticed this issue.
Thank you I was to lazy to write all that ;) <3

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Btw side note here: really fast autoclickers, triggerbots, killauras etc, will still not do much damage in the "1.8 pvp mode". The cooldown isn't completely removed, just lowered, meaning that spam clicking really fast (aka autoclickers) will still do less damage than clicking a tiny bit slower, AKA pvp will never be the old 1.8 again, but hackers still have a disadvantage.

da egg war lover

Feb 1, 2016
efclukes gingerbread house
Before I start I want to thank Cube for taking into account the views of all the people who were spamming and raging about wanting a 1.8 styled pvp version back.
I understand it must have been very annoying to see so much hate. Furthermore before classic mode was released threads like these tended to create some tension or
heat. I'm all for people having a civilised argument but please don't say that someone's opinion is stupid, just say why it's wrong or shouldn't happen.
It would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

From the giant update post about the new classic mode it says Cube is open to the idea of tweaking this new gamemode and I think it should be.
At the moment, the new classic mode has only reset the damage weapons do to their values in 1.8 and the cooldown has been removed. This is great, but to be
honest I think it's not enough. In my opinion I think there should be two entirely different gamemodes where the 1.8 pvp is purely 1.8. Meaning I think all features
brought into 1.9 should only be in the 1.9 pvp. This includes small things like the sword ability that allows you to swipe players, the fishing rod should knock
players away from you and the sounds of hitting another player. I honestly think with 1.9 pvp sounds in a 1.8 styled game without a sword cooldown, it sounds
ridiculous:p (I have no idea if this can be changed, it's just a suggestion)I also feel like the knockback has been changed. I'm not sure about this but it definately
feels different and when pvping it feels as if your sword hits don't register all the time.

I just want to hear what you guys think about the new classic PvP and what could be done to improve it. I'm all for some 1.9 features staying, such as the new
arrows and the inability to craft notch apples. I really want this topic to be discussed so the best thing can be worked out so it would be awesome if people could
leave proper worded feedback without just saying "+1"

-Mooof/Zhyp
(Big shout-out to @Moooofin for the amazing grammar <3)
I agree, I would also like to see the 1.9 items being removed from the chests in 1.8 gamemodes. It would of course also be really neat if they added the ability to block your sword. One of the things that should definitely be changed/fixed is the knockback, the knockback currently is just like in 1.9 with spam clicking it's way less than in 1.8. One of the things I personally would like to see is that the regeneration from eating food in 1.9 gets removed and the saturation gets normal again like 1.8. Currently it doesn't really feel like 1.8 in my opinion, and I would greatly appreciate if they would improve the 1.8 feeling.. :D
amd how abut the duel wielding that's a bit dumb-to-have in 1.8

Reactions: iLoveYouu

Mac

Forum Expert
Nov 24, 2015
Are you serious? Or are you stupid?
It is 1.8 PvP, not 1.9.......
We wants a FULL 1.8 PvP mode.
While we appreciate suggestions, please speak to everyone on this forum with the respect they deserve. It makes it very hard to take anything you say seriously when you call people stupid for disagreeing with you.

iKick

Dedicated Member
Sep 27, 2015
The Netherlands
While we appreciate suggestions, please speak to everyone on this forum with the respect they deserve. It makes it very hard to take anything you say seriously when you call people stupid for disagreeing with you.
I dont called him a stupid people and I dont wants to call him a stupid people....
But if I talk about a 1.8 PvP Mode I wants a full 1.8 PvP mode, not a 1.8 PvP Mode with some 1.9 things....

Sorry @mateu9999, if you think that I called you a stupid people it wants my intention<333

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
I dont called him a stupid people and I dont wants to call him a stupid people....
But if I talk about a 1.8 PvP Mode I wants a full 1.8 PvP mode, not a 1.8 PvP Mode with some 1.9 things....

Sorry @mateu9999, if you think that I called you a stupid people it wants my intention<333
when did you call me stupid..... can't remember it.....

Renss

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2015
Agreed. 1.9 arrows don't work on 1.8 classic PvP mode... ( only normal arrows work)

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
All the things I think need to go:
-Weapon Abilities
-Dual Wielding
-Bring back Notch Apple Crafting (for UHC)
-Shields
-Bow Damage for GOD SAKE
-Also, sword damage is also still down by 1 attack damage (same with pickaxes)
-Knockback
-regeneration speed
-saturation

Last edited:
Reactions: Zhypo
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom