Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Zhypo

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2015
Happyland
Before I start I want to thank Cube for taking into account the views of all the people who were spamming and raging about wanting a 1.8 styled pvp version back.
I understand it must have been very annoying to see so much hate. Furthermore before classic mode was released threads like these tended to create some tension or
heat. I'm all for people having a civilised argument but please don't say that someone's opinion is stupid, just say why it's wrong or shouldn't happen.
It would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

From the giant update post about the new classic mode it says Cube is open to the idea of tweaking this new gamemode and I think it should be.
At the moment, the new classic mode has only reset the damage weapons do to their values in 1.8 and the cooldown has been removed. This is great, but to be
honest I think it's not enough. In my opinion I think there should be two entirely different gamemodes where the 1.8 pvp is purely 1.8. Meaning I think all features
brought into 1.9 should only be in the 1.9 pvp. This includes small things like the sword ability that allows you to swipe players, the fishing rod should knock
players away from you and the sounds of hitting another player. I honestly think with 1.9 pvp sounds in a 1.8 styled game without a sword cooldown, it sounds
ridiculous:p (I have no idea if this can be changed, it's just a suggestion)I also feel like the knockback has been changed. I'm not sure about this but it definately
feels different and when pvping it feels as if your sword hits don't register all the time.

I just want to hear what you guys think about the new classic PvP and what could be done to improve it. I'm all for some 1.9 features staying, such as the new
arrows and the inability to craft notch apples. I really want this topic to be discussed so the best thing can be worked out so it would be awesome if people could
leave proper worded feedback without just saying "+1"

-Mooof/Zhyp
(Big shout-out to @Moooofin for the amazing grammar <3)

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
I agree, I would also like to see the 1.9 items being removed from the chests in 1.8 gamemodes. It would of course also be really neat if they added the ability to block your sword. One of the things that should definitely be changed/fixed is the knockback, the knockback currently is just like in 1.9 with spam clicking it's way less than in 1.8. One of the things I personally would like to see is that the regeneration from eating food in 1.9 gets removed and the saturation gets normal again like 1.8. Currently it doesn't really feel like 1.8 in my opinion, and I would greatly appreciate if they would improve the 1.8 feeling.. :D

iKick

Dedicated Member
Sep 27, 2015
The Netherlands
Please remove the enchanted arrows and the shields.
And make it able to craft notch apples and that a fishing rod knockback gets.
And 1.8 regenaration and 1.8 knockback

I like the 1.8 PvP but it isn´t the real old 1.8 ;(

Reactions: Zhypo

diogo

Forum Expert
Nov 16, 2015
I agree! They need to remove to shields because it's really anoying when you try to punch the player to the void but you can't because he is always using the shield.

Reactions: iKick and Zhypo

diogo

Forum Expert
Nov 16, 2015
I agree, I would also like to see the 1.9 items being removed from the chests in 1.8 gamemodes. It would of course also be really neat if they added the ability to block your sword. One of the things that should definitely be changed/fixed is the knockback, the knockback currently is just like in 1.9 with spam clicking it's way less than in 1.8. One of the things I personally would like to see is that the regeneration from eating food in 1.9 gets removed and the saturation gets normal again like 1.8. Currently it doesn't really feel like 1.8 in my opinion, and I would greatly appreciate if they would improve the 1.8 feeling.. :D
Yes!

Reactions: iKick and iLoveYouu

BalthierTSK_daForumSeeker

Jan 3, 2016
Somewhere Behind The Sky
www.sanger.dk
I Personally am already fond of 1.9 so meh...
But this is my personal <STUPID> Idea (PSI), so Don't take this srsly, since i rarely play 1.8 pvp back in the days and thus i do not know much about it

K, now that all is clear

I Don't think removing all the 1.9 feature is really necessary, Such as, the shield.
1.8 PVP Is about spamming, having the shield it self is probably only used to guard against bow and not be used on normal melee.
The Regeneration does not really need to be fixed, because again, spam click.
You freaking spam it x-x, so, you know... He can regen 6 hearts by eating a steak, but he will take more damage due to your attack.
And the knockback of fishing rod.
Try to watch youtube about the fishing rod, it still can, and even work better now on how to... how do you say it.... "bring" ? them to you??? meh.
If you are at a higher ground, you could actually make a player fly, or, just went to mid air, depending on how high you are and how low he / she was.
And Knockback of weapons...
Meh, you still can knock player to void anyway. so meh

iLoveYouu

Forum Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
But this is my personal <STUPID> Idea (PSI), so Don't take this srsly, since i rarely play 1.8 pvp back in the days and thus i do not know much about it

K, now that all is clear

I Don't think removing all the 1.9 feature is really necessary, Such as, the shield.
1.8 PVP Is about spamming, having the shield it self is probably only used to guard against bow and not be used on normal melee.
You freaking spam it x-x, so, you know... He can regen 6 hearts by eating a steak, but he will take more damage due to your attack.
Try to watch youtube about the fishing rod, it still can, and even work better now on how to... how do you say it.... "bring" ? them to you??? meh.
If you are at a higher ground, you could actually make a player fly, or, just went to mid air, depending on how high you are and how low he / she was.
If you're not even going to play 1.8, please don't ruin the fun for everyone who does like 1.8 and wants it like it used to be...

diogo

Forum Expert
Nov 16, 2015

K, now that all is clear

1.9 pvp is so anoying and takes years to kill a player and when is OP chests it takes more. 1.8 pvp is more funny because you can hit the player x times and you can block him using blockhit. I really hate shields because some players abuse the power of that. I agree with @Zhypo thread!

Zhypo

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2015
Happyland

K, now that all is clear

As you've barely played 1.8, I would suggest you to play that first. And after that you can give us your feelings.
And you see 1.8 as "just spam clicking" but it isn't. Yes you do click fast, but that isn't all you need to do. As your aim and some more things count as well.
The fishing rods don't work (at least on cube) and I don't think they work in solo skywars either. (Not fully sure)
And because of the bugs most of the times players glitch back on to the island, so it makes it harder to kill someone. This wouldn't be a frustrating thing from good players, but players that just started minecraft/mc pvp they will barely be getting kills because of this bug.

Reactions: iKick

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Please remove the enchanted arrows and the shields.
And make it able to craft notch apples and that a fishing rod knockback gets.
And 1.8 regenaration and 1.8 knockback

I like the 1.8 PvP but it isn´t the real old 1.8 ;(
Nope... the shields are fun notch is to op... and even if you eat notch it wont have the old effect..... well keep the 1.9 features with 1.8 pvp....

BalthierTSK_daForumSeeker

Jan 3, 2016
Somewhere Behind The Sky
www.sanger.dk
Are you serious? Or are you stupid?
It is 1.8 PvP, not 1.9.......
We wants a FULL 1.8 PvP mode.

Keyword : PVP
The PvP...
Besides, just take it, and think it as 1.8 with additional things, 1.8.12, :V

Anyhow, i have tried 1.8 pvp, around 10 times today... and now i keep forgetting i play on 1.9 q.q
But anyhow, from 10 games, i did won once... and the 1.8 pvp is more fond to who got the better computer, The better or non laggier your PC Is, the more chances you will win in a pvp, and then spam click, and then just use the 8 circle tactics...

MinePro3

well, I don't know about this. I'm an average 1.8 pvper, 1.9 is pretty good so its good cubecraft put 1.8 modes because I also do both modes. sometimes I do 1.8 mode and kill people and win sometimes I play 1.9 pvp and win. I'm not sure but I know for a FACT ccg cant bring blockhitting back. it was removed in the 1.9 code sooo... also idk if they should bring all the 1.8 features. hmm shields and tipped arrows aren't the 1.8 pvp likers cup of tea.. they should remove it and one more thing. blockhitting can ki nda be added back but itll look like a shield when u right click. like it shows a shield but its actually reducing the same amount of dmg as blockhitting. I found that out from lagplex

diogo

Forum Expert
Nov 16, 2015
Keyword : PVP
The PvP...
Besides, just take it, and think it as 1.8 with additional things, 1.8.12, :V

Anyhow, i have tried 1.8 pvp, around 10 times today... and now i keep forgetting i play on 1.9 q.q
But anyhow, from 10 games, i did won once... and the 1.8 pvp is more fond to who got the better computer, The better or non laggier your PC Is, the more chances you will win in a pvp, and then spam click, and then just use the 8 circle tactics...

You don't like the 1.8 pvp but the other 16k players like ;) The most known players of CubeCraft are leaving cube because they dont like the 1.9 pvp. Anyway you dont like the old pvp because you just joined on cube in this year.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Amazinq wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats
Amazinq wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats
Amazinq wrote on Frontlane's profile.
welcome back :)
ElFlxen_ wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Felicidades!
ElFlxen_ wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats! and welcome back! :cubie2:
Top Bottom