Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

S2dB0yZ

Oct 5, 2016
Donetsk
Sup, guys. I with my team want to suggest to translate server on Russian language. This can contribute to the fact that the server will also have a Russian-speaking audience, and there will be more online on the server. If you do not agree with my suggest - write why.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
If you can tell the owners what every word is in Russian they need to translate it might be possible

The problem here is that it requires a staff member who can very fluently speak Russian to actually do this
and not to mention if they did this there would be all this controversial speak of "oh they added Russian, but they can't add French, This is racism" when really they don't have enough time to add all those languages nor do they have the knowledge required to do so

However if you want to remake the rules in Russian and suggest they add them in a spoiler at the bottom (like they have with Spanish, Dutch, and Portuguese
you are completely allowed to do so

Reactions: Komodо

iKelDi

Jan 1, 2018
Russia
If you can tell the owners what every word is in Russian they need to translate it might be possible

The problem here is that it requires a staff member who can very fluently speak Russian to actually do this
and not to mention if they did this there would be all this controversial speak of "oh they added Russian, but they can't add French, This is racism" when really they don't have enough time to add all those languages nor do they have the knowledge required to do so

However if you want to remake the rules in Russian and suggest they add them in a spoiler at the bottom (like they have with Spanish, Dutch, and Portuguese
Well, we get it.

S2dB0yZ

Oct 5, 2016
Donetsk

ok, so... I need to create new thread or i can write rules on this thread?

Shamel

Forum Expert
Dec 24, 2016
yes
Why? I mean I don’t see alot of people speaking Russian on the server. The most languages I see on the server are: Dutch, Spanish, Swedish/Danish/Norwegain, Arabic, German and English. Just a waste of time in my opinion

Reactions: Kloska and Priley
D

Deleted member 352903

Why? I mean I don’t see alot of people speaking Russian on the server. The most languages I see on the server are: Dutch, Spanish, Swedish/Danish/Norwegain, Arabic, German and English. Just a waste of time in my opinion
One day I reported a russian team. The report was handled and they started to talk in russian in my video evidence comments lol. But I am agree that this isn’t necessary.

Reactions: Komodо

Ayroh

Sup, guys. I with my team want to suggest to translate server on Russian language. This can contribute to the fact that the server will also have a Russian-speaking audience, and there will be more online on the server. If you do not agree with my suggest - write why.
Do not take this the wrong way; but, in order to achieve this, I feel as though you should know how to speak fluent English before suggesting that you can translate the server into Russian.

Your message was very choppy. For the most part, it got the message across, but it’s inability to sound “smooth” worries me that there’s a chance something could be lost in translation.
- Correct way:
“Sup guys (“Hello guys” sounds better). I, with my team, would like to translate CubeCraft into Russian. This would encourage a Russian-speaking audience, and a bigger player base. If you do not agree with my suggestion, please tell me why.”

Reactions: Shamel

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Since I joined Cubecraft in 2013, I have literally NEVER seen someone speaking Russian.
A waste of time.
I do agree they should translate to more languages like @MajesticShamel said: Danish and Swedish.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I think that cube should include a lot of languages for everything through Google translate, then over time Russian speakers can edit it to be more fluent and accurate, there can also be a warning when switching that it isn't very accurate and is very choppy.

Shamel

Forum Expert
Dec 24, 2016
yes
I think that cube should include a lot of languages for everything through Google translate, then over time Russian speakers can edit it to be more fluent and accurate, there can also be a warning when switching that it isn't very accurate and is very choppy.
God no please. 1: Google translate is the worst. 2: why would Cubecraft trust random guys on the internet saying “Oh hey we can help you translate the server!” 3: is this really necessary? Like me and other s said: Russian isn’t the most popular language on the server, it’s the least popular from what I see.

Reactions: Ayroh

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
It’s weird how only new members agree with this. :shrug:
I have more messages than you, I recommend you stop making assumptions...
Google translate is horrendous I understand, however just simply having the option of seeing everything in that mode may be better than translating it yourself, over time moderators or a possible "translator rank" could change it over time to be more accurate, while there aren't very many Russians it will still open doors for more Russian people wanting to play on the server.

Ayroh

I have more messages than you, I recommend you stop making assumptions...
Google translate is horrendous I understand, however just simply having the option of seeing everything in that mode may be better than translating it yourself, over time moderators or a possible "translator rank" could change it over time to be more accurate, while there aren't very many Russians it will still open doors for more Russian people wanting to play on the server.
Staff will never use Google Translate.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Staff will never use Google Translate.
Well, what if you spoke some obscure language such as Luxembourgish and didn't understand be english., probably no staff members understand that and English... If there was a choppy translation from Luxembourgish and English then you can kind of understand everything.

zDutchie

Forum Professional
May 30, 2016
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
Do not take this the wrong way; but, in order to achieve this, I feel as though you should know how to speak fluent English before suggesting that you can translate the server into Russian.

Your message was very choppy. For the most part, it got the message across, but it’s inability to sound “smooth” worries me that there’s a chance something could be lost in translation.
- Correct way:
“Sup guys (“Hello guys” sounds better). I, with my team, would like to translate CubeCraft into Russian. This would encourage a Russian-speaking audience, and a bigger player base. If you do not agree with my suggestion, please tell me why.”
I’m sorry to chip in here but I do not feel like players need to be “forced” to speak excellent English before making a suggestion. Everyone is welcome here.
I perfectly understood what the thread was about ^-^

As for the suggestion:
I’m unaware of the fact there’s currently someone within the staff team who speaks fluently Russian. Translating the entire server would be a very big challenge due to this. As mentioned above, feel free to translate the rules to Russian so those can be added ^-^

EDIT:
@effot I like your idea by members filling missing information in by google translated sentences. Unfortunately we can not do this since google isn’t the most reliable source when it comes to translating.

D

Deleted member 169486

EDIT:
@effot I like your idea by members filling missing information in by google translated sentences. Unfortunately we can not do this since google isn’t the most reliable source when it comes to translating.
Even then, giving people a rough idea is better then nothing.

Reactions: OnePointEight.exe

Ayroh

I’m sorry to chip in here but I do not feel like players need to be “forced” to speak excellent English before making a suggestion.

@S2dB0yZ I was worried that my message could be misinterpreted into this way; so, for that, I’m sorry if it came off as that you need to be perfect. I never meant to come off as a grammar freek, which I was worried it would come off as, but rather concerned that a rule breaker could find a loophole in a mistranslation. I completely agree that you have every right to post a suggestion.

@zDutchie I’m sorry as well if it came off that way. No member should feel that they can not make a suggestion, or that their suggestion is any less valueable.

Reactions: zDutchie

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
I am all in with translations.
+1

Reactions: Ayroh
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
Top Bottom