Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree Hardcore Mode Towerdefence is unfair?

• No. Leave it the way it is

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Yes. But don't remove. Just fix points like (for example) more building time + stronger towers

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Yes. Remove Hardcore Mode competely from Tower Defence

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
It is my opinion that towerdefence Hardcore Mode is purely being (ab)used by donators just to gain instant game wins. I made this thread as suggestion to remove this type of game and to get justice on all who abuse hardcore mode on towerdefence just for the quick game wins. Players like me, who just come to play the actual game, have to suffer for it.

Problems with hardcore mode:

- Towers obviously don't get enough time at all to build. Especially not on smaller maps. Mobs reach the castle before the bigger towers are even build. Even if you start with instant building.

- Mobs that are send are too strong (or towers too weak. Again, not enough building time from the start)

- Their shouldn’t be flying mobs available directly from the start

- There is absolutely nothing non- donators can do about this. They can’t vote against this cruel cheating way to get wins that’s supposed to be a game. 1 donator can force everyone to keep on doing this.

How are donators abusing this?

- First they vote the game to be ‘Hardcore Mode’. Usually there aren’t that many donators online so if one or a team donator starts doing this they keep on getting it their way.

- Secondly since towers are way to slow and weak there is only 1 way to win. Instantly start spamming as much flying mobs as possible. Then wait for the win.

If you imagen that some of the donators work in a team as well than I assume that even the stupidest person can figure out this is pretty unfair. An average game with Hardcore doesn’t last 60 seconds and isn’t a game at all. It's an instant slaughter. A race for the finnish... who's mobs hit the castle first win regardless what towers might've been build with the exception of icetowers to slow them a bit down.

In addition: Players like fgeto and SheIsMinee have been doing this for days, if not weeks, just to gain their statics. They know fully well what they did is ruining the fun for lots of others and I think they should be punished for it by having their statics removed and having a ban on tower defense.

With this topic I hope to gain enough support to have this changed.

Kind regards,

Glaucus

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Hi , I'm stupid and dont know much about tower defense but , cant you spam flying troops as well? I mean certainly it's not fun to do so and hence there should be something to prevent this but still . Is it entirely impossible to spam flying troops yourself.

Once again i know doing so is not fun and ruins the game for normal players , just curious.

On topic , they should indeed do something to nerf the flying troops early in game.
You can, but it boils down to whoever clicks the send button first and which army gets to the enemy base first. Nerfing flyers isn't the right approach imo -- I think it's better to force players to build certain units and/or towers and have a certain gold mine level before unlocking better mobs/towers.

Reactions: Manchot999

Glaucus7

Novice Member
Nov 21, 2016
.@ ElTigre

The whole point of tower defence is to defend with towers. Hardcore mode doesn't allow this. It's, what basically WPfarmer also says, a race who hits the castle first. And indeed we can do it as well. But that's not why I join towerdefence. The only players who actually use Hardcoremode are donators for the xp or statics. And this ruins the game for everyone else who just want to play a towerdefence game.

Reactions: Manchot999

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I don't want them to remove that gamemode tho but maybe they can fix it? Like the towers can build a little faster, you can send every 8 second and maybe you can just send monsters a few times and then have to place a tower to continue?

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
How could ranks abuse this LOL!
Its a gamemode and we have the right to our opinion.
So no for sure.
I don't complain when they vote it and same with every other gamemodes.
The opinions you gave prove nothing on getting it removed.

Reactions: Pescadoso

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
So I don't care I like the challenge...
And as I said I like fun games so I don't care really.
Then you're not showing enough concern. Players are abusing an oversight to earn thousands of points and experience, at the expense of other players. Said players likely won't return to a game that they might otherwise have enjoyed, because the experience they were greeted with was "I'm going to abuse an oversight to guarantee that you lose this unfair game, because I bought a rank".

The game should be removed for the time being, and reinstated once it has been balanced more effectively. Otherwise, by the time they fix it, the damage would already have long-since been done.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Then you're not showing enough concern. Players are abusing an oversight to earn thousands of points and experience, at the expense of other players. Said players likely won't return to a game that they might otherwise have enjoyed, because the experience they were greeted with was "I'm going to abuse an oversight to guarantee that you lose this unfair game, because I bought a rank".

The game should be removed for the time being, and reinstated once it has been balanced more effectively. Otherwise, by the time they fix it, the damage would already have long-since been done.

Its not abuse its playing the game. Where the hell are you getting all of this. So what if they get like 50 points because they won or lost. Its a game. Deal with it. I don't complain when you all vote Normal or Hardcore and screw MY GAME UP!

This Game?
So now you want the game removed?!
WTH!!!

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Until the issue is fixed. It's totally illogical to keep a game online when an issue such as this exists, because it could take a while before it is fixed. By then, the player-base are sick of it and won't play it again.

Its not abuse its playing the game
It's exploiting an oversight. Do you think they intended for players to be able to win every single time, using one grossly overpowered strategy with little to no counter? Evidently not, because the original thread has been moved to the bug reports section.

I don't complain when you all vote Normal or Hardcore and screw MY GAME UP!
Except you're not helpless against a click-to-win strategy in other games or voting options.

I don't want the game removed, I want it to become unavailable temporarily until it can be balanced appropriately.

F

Facelurite

Its not abuse its playing the game. Where the hell are you getting all of this. So what if they get like 50 points because they won or lost. Its a game. Deal with it. I don't complain when you all vote Normal or Hardcore and screw MY GAME UP!

This Game?
WTH!!!
Calm down pls . even helper wannabes are calm. Huh , thats weird .

About the threaderino , first of all ,after acquiring an educated opinion on the matter, the troops sent must be able to die a lot faster on the whole than currently , regardless of whether they're airborne or not. Exclusive hardcore towers may also be needed for better player experience . Perhaps something that pushes air troops away? I am shamelessly copying clash of clans, i know .
I want the game mode kept, but you should have half income so things take longer to unlock.
Seems viable.

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
Yes please. The silverfish war has gone too far. Quick Start must get removed. I suggest a 100% statistics purge. Go look in the TD forums, it seems everyone is sick of this.

+infinity

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Until the issue is fixed. It's totally illogical to keep a game online when an issue such as this exists, because it could take a while before it is fixed. By then, the player-base are sick of it and won't play it again.

It's exploiting an oversight. Do you think they intended for players to be able to win every single time, using one grossly overpowered strategy with little to no counter? Evidently not, because the original thread has been moved to the bug reports section.

Except you're not helpless against a click-to-win strategy in other games or voting options.

I don't want the game removed, I want it to become unavailable temporarily until it can be balanced appropriately.

I understand and after thinking about it I'm ok with these ideas but I want to play the game for now.

Manchot999

Novice Member
Dec 27, 2016
In addition: Players like fgeto and SheIsMinee have been doing this for days, if not weeks, just to gain their statics. They know fully well what they did is ruining the fun for lots of others and I think they should be punished for it by having their statics removed and having a ban on tower defense.
The leaderboard is broken because of the players doing that. Did you know that fgeto and Anonymouss_ are one and the same, only alternate accounts? (Can be proven by looking up Anonymouss_ on the appeals website here) These two accounts are synchronised to grind as many victories as possible. Notice how these two players gain around 100-200 wins per day, where as the other players on the leaderboard who play fairly slowly go down? fgeto almost has 3000 wins at the moment I'm writing this. This is why I think a statistics purge is necessary : the current system rewards the use of this strategy. The beginner players used to be at a disadvantage against experienced players before the update (it's the way of things), but at least they would have time to build some towers, see what's effective and learning new strategies to kill what was often endermites or creepers. Now they don't even know why they lose.

Today I had another abuser of this strategy in one of my games (they are emerald and team up with an obsidian to grind wins), and it seemed as if they didn't remember me as one of the victims of their silverfish rushes. This is an exact transcript of the chat:

Me : Are you one of the people using the Quick Start + Hardcore silverfish strategy?
Person : Yes
Person : One of the best in fact xD
Me : Are you doing this for point grinding or just fun?
Person : Mostly fun
Me : Well enjoy it
Me : While it lasts
(no more messages for the whole game)

This is what everyone is tired of! Most of these people grind all day and are swimming in points. They are "mostly doing this for fun", and maybe too for that place on the leaderboards. The statistics are corrupted. Yes, it is possible to counter this so-called "strategy", but do these people know the harm they're doing? Not to the players but to the gamemode itself. This whole thing is just a rage and saltiness generator, and it will only stop once everyone has left. This exploit must be patched now before TD starts to decline to the same player count as Blockband.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gatsbe and Sophie

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
The leaderboard is broken because of the players doing that. Did you know that fgeto and Anonymouss_ are one and the same, only alternate accounts? These two accounts are synchronised to grind as many victories as possible. Notice how these two players gain around 100-200 wins per day, where as the other players on the leaderboard who play fairly slowly go down? fgeto almost has 3000 wins at the moment I'm writing this. Respect for HurmitCurtis who has an obsidian rank but isn't abusing this exploit. This is why I think a statistics purge is necessary : the current system rewards the use of this strategy. The beginner players used to be at a disadvantage against experienced players before the update (it's the way of things), but at least they would have time to build some towers, see what's effective and learning new strategies to kill what was often endermites or creepers. Now they don't even know why they lose.

Today I had another abuser of this strategy in one of my games (they are emerald and team up with an obsidian to grind wins), and it seemed as if they didn't remember me as one of the victims of their silverfish rushes. This is an exact transcript of the chat:

Me : Are you one of the people using the Quick Start + Hardcore silverfish strategy?

This is what everyone is tired of! Most of these people grind all day and are swimming in points. They are "mostly doing this for fun", and maybe too for that place on the leaderboards. The statistics are corrupted. Yes, it is possible to counter this so-called "strategy", but do these people know the harm they're doing? Not to the players but to the gamemode itself. This whole thing is just a rage and saltiness generator, and it will only stop once everyone has left. This exploit must be patched now before TD starts to decline to the same player count as Blockband.
@Tacosbefriends @hub3rt @Efcluke94

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
The leaderboard is broken because of the players doing that. Did you know that fgeto and Anonymouss_ are one and the same, only alternate accounts? (Can be proven by looking up Anonymouss_ on the appeals website here) These two accounts are synchronised to grind as many victories as possible. Notice how these two players gain around 100-200 wins per day, where as the other players on the leaderboard who play fairly slowly go down? fgeto almost has 3000 wins at the moment I'm writing this. Respect for HurmitCurtis who has an obsidian rank but isn't abusing this exploit. This is why I think a statistics purge is necessary : the current system rewards the use of this strategy. The beginner players used to be at a disadvantage against experienced players before the update (it's the way of things), but at least they would have time to build some towers, see what's effective and learning new strategies to kill what was often endermites or creepers. Now they don't even know why they lose.

Instead of purging it entirely, roll the stats back to before TD got the August update.

As a victim, I remember an incident like this in a different game (not here). Some people found a glitch with point farming where they duplicated millions of points and made illegal items using those. After those players got permabanned, it took months of inspecting every account to delete the illegal points and refund the victims. Applying my exanple, if the logs still exist all the way from the day the update came out, then it should be possible to ban and wipe all the illegitimate points and stats obtained from the glitch.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on XxX_Hamood_XxX's profile.
you
Reesle wrote on SAASD's profile.
Hey tysm for the follow! :D
Today’s my 2 year Forum-versary, I can’t believe it’s already been 2 years since I joined these Forums. Time truly does fly by super quick.
Thank you for all of the support on my suggestions, polls, threads, etc from the past 2 years. It is very appreciated!
- Reesle ❤️
Thjis wrote on Alexp192's profile.
Happy Bday!
Reesle wrote on Alexp192's profile.
Happy Birthday cool Mod! 🎉🌟
Top Bottom